“2nd time back and i will be returning again!!!”

Jasmine Village Hotel
Ranked #112 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me and a friend just back today after spending a week at jasmine village. This was our second time back there.

The hotel is situated on beautiful well kept grounds, looks lovely day or night. There is a number of places to eat at as it has other sister hotels next to it. which are Aladdin and Ali baba, you are welcome to eat and drinks and use the pools and beach at these other hotels. You have to get a card from reception if you want to eat at these other places but just for food.

you can also watch the entertainment from the other hotels also, although it is not so great, they cater a lot for the Russians. Animation team can also be annoying but i suppose thats part of there job!

The food again is catered for the russians, however there are some nice dishes and lots to choose from, lots of fresh fruit also.

The staff seem happy yo help you and are always smiling and making the effort to know where you are from and your names... However we are two young females so that might be why.

The rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels and bottle water in you fridge room.

my only tip is.... if you are into hip-hop and r'n'b and pop anything thats not dance really go to a place called papas beach, it's about 20mins away from the hotel. they play r'nb ect on fridays it is placed on a beach and is very different from the night clubs in london.

Other then that i would recommend this hotel, I have been twice without my little girl so next year i shall be taking her and my husband.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeri87

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would like to say a very big thank you to Mr El Azab the General Manager of this Jasmine resort.My family and I have just had a very recent visit from the 3rd of June 2013 to the 17 th June 2013. There was nothin that we could complain about, the staff were first class, and there was nothing too much trouble for any of them. Mr Hesham El Azab runs a very professional operation.Its very well worth a visit.I would like to say from all my family a very big thank you for making our holiday a fantastic one. Thank you.

Room Tip: Any room at this resort will be ok.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a great relaxing holiday, though the weather was very hot, Hotel staff great, had some fun and laughs with them, the life guard at the pool was great fun, the restaurant manager Sabour was lovely he greeted you everyday with a smile, had time to talk to you too, our Travel rep Omar was lovely a mind of information, we went on a desert trip with our own guide who came with us Isma he was fantastic, the Taxi guy at the hotel was good to nothing was to much trouble for him, the rooms are spacious if you have the ones on the 1st floor down the side of the Hotel, the other single storey ones were quite small and cramped, our room was cleaned daily, clean towels and bottled water put in the fridge. The food was not brilliant as they cater for the Russians about 80% of the guests. There were a few Germans only about 1% English, the sister Hotel The Ali Baba was also about 90% Russian but you could eat in the restaurant which we did on several occasions and the food seemed to be hotter there, the pool there is quite large as it goes around the complex and has a children's pool which is under a shelter from the sun. Entertainment very basic, animation team ok. You get a free safe at reception which you can access 24 hours there are 3 sizes the big ones can hold a lot. You have to pay for most of the fruit, fresh juices and any cocktails( Ali Baba next door do a few free cocktails). The best shopping near the Hotel is just a short walk away the best shop is Cleopatra's set prices not hassle, a bit further on is a shopping mall called Senza shopping mall quite expensive in the shops, but there is a large supermarket there like a big Tesco good bargains on fruit, crisps chocolate etc, also if you like MacDonalds it's worth a visit there Burgers Fries and drink are huge and good value for money, you do have to mind the street traders as they do try to pick pocket you and dip your handbag. If you have sensitive skin avoid the massages and treatments as a few people had bad skin reactions to the products that are used there.

Room Tip: Best rooms are 300 to 365 more spacious away from the noise but only a short walk to all facilities
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mouse114
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. the pool was nice, the beach was beautiful but the workers in the hotel were like tigers on the prowl. I went with just me and a friend, two 20 year old girls. there wasn't a moment that I didn't feel uncomfortable about the men there. they look and speak in the most inappropriate ways. on the last day of our stay we found out that a girl from England got attacked by one of the workers and he attempted to rape her. I would never go back to Egypt after this experience. it made me feel like a piece of meat.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank ljh93
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel and grounds are very clean and tidy , towels, bedding and room cleaned every day , . staff very friendly and helpful nothing to much trouble ,plenty of food choices ,private beach within walking distance every thing on site that you need for a great holiday, we will use again

Room Tip: promo garden room as away from noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank dianabirduk
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have just come back from my first 'solo' holiday to Jasmine Village Hotel in Hurghada. I wanted a week of sunshine away from the UKs cold weather - to read some books and relax. This is what I got :) Overall I would rate this hotel as 4/5.

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It is not 5* luxury, but it doesn't claim to be. It is a good value resort - with good facilities and attentive staff.

See below for points on the hotel >>

1. This is a large resort! The place is massive. You can be "secluded" and left alone if you wish - which I did on many occasions. There are 2 'lakes' which are formed by the sea, and also the sea front for lounging about on. There are so many sun beds available and you can sit on the lovely private beach and watch people kite surfing when it is windy enough!

3. Lots of on different areas to grab some food - granted, the food didn't blow my mind away - but it was good food and lots of options. Some really yummy BBQ food at the beach front cafe - the main restaurant near reception had a good breakfast buffet.

Most of the cliental for this hotel are Russian (70%) and German (29%). I was the 1% English representation! But this wasn't an issue for me - in the main the hotel is catering for the Russian guests - but this is not an issue. There are still lots of choices - but don't go expecting an English fry up!!

4. The staff are all really nice - lots of friendly people around if you need anything. I would like to say thank you to Tharwat (pronounced Sarwat) on reception. He was especially helpful and sorted out a return transfer for me (as I had a bit of trouble getting picked up from the airport on landing). I helps having an Egyptian call and talk Arabic as opposed to an English person trying....!

5. Good little gym on site - and some cheap massages. (I had 2.... why not! Was worth the money) Take your trainers if you are in to running - lots of room and a 'road' in the complex you can have a good jog around before it gets too hot.

6. The rooms are comfortable and clean :-) A really nice touch having a fridge in the rooms which is replenished with 4 bottles of drinking water every day! (all included and trust me it pays to take a few to the beach as it is SOOO hot!!)

I read reviews before coming moaning about the resort being dated - Russians being rude - etc etc. I would not be put off by any ones comments - this resort is noted as a 3* resort - and it is. It was good value for money, clean and was a good break. I felt safe being there alone and had a nice relaxing break! I would go again :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank loulees1982
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good points: Room was great, clean and tidy. Gardens looked lovely, pool very clean. Staff were quite friendly.

Bad points: No english! Only english group pretty much during entire stay. Lots of Russians and Germans. Hotel staff make out they love the English, but gotta admit its only so they can wangle more money out of you!

Expect to pay for everything! No free wifi, £4 for an hour! We had to phone the rep, that's 40p every couple minutes. Pool tables were £5 per hour! Any nice juices were £2.00! Everything cost money outside of the bog standard all inclusive. You won't get any food after 10, only crisps and chocolate. No english tv channels, all Russian and German. Must admit that's not what you go on holiday for, but nice if you can read the news!

No cold water in our room! Had to have hot showers!

Food - not great! In fact, some nights was dire. I'm not a fussy eater at all, but even I struggled to eat on some nights - to the point that the bread was stale, the vegetables looked horrid and everything seemed to resemble a casserole! Choice of icream was 2 practically empty boxes. Desserts consisted of the same tiny little cakes every night. If you eat, stick to the Italian restaurant, half decent food there. Got so bad that we had to resort to a taxi to the mall to pick up a McDonalds!

Drinks - serve you beer in half pints. If you're by the pool or beach they are plastic cups and were filthy! Both me and my partner were really ill and must have caught some bug but not really surprised!

Watch out for pick pocketers when leaving the resort! My partner got his phoned nicked from a little kid begging, we also gone done by the taxi drivers out of our money!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room, as the balcony is massive!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple