Second visit here. Came 2 years ago when it was known as Sentido Crystal Bay. Hotel has continued to develop in to a good quality hotel with lovely gardens and hard working staff. The honesty of the staff is superb having forgotten a pair of cut offs with 100 Egyptian in it, was amazed when they were returned to me complete with the money.
We were in a sea view room (244) which was fantastic as it was a corner room, so very quiet and had views of both the sea and the gardens. For some reason the hotels free wi fi worked better down here too.
Lunch at the beach restaurant had as much choice as the main restaurant. The only downside I found was you either had to be awake at midnight or up early in the morning to make a reservation if you wanted to eat in the speciality restaurants. The best ones were the Panorama ( Mediterranean menu), Masala ( Indian) and the Asian in the Mamlouk ( next door) not to be confused with the Oriental in the Sunrise Garden. Reservations can now only be made for the following day and are limited. All three of these hotels give you access to their speciality restaurants but the ones I have names are the best. The other lack atmosphere and the food was not as good.
If you are looking for a nice quiet spot, try the jacuzzi area. It's not a hot jacuzzi so makes a great dip pool as it's large and children are encouraged not to go in that area. It's close to everything you would need but far enough for the busier pool area. The cabanas on the beach are for the villa guests. These come with either a plunge pool or jacuzzi on the roof and if you have a special occasion are worth it (stayed there last time). These come with your own cabana and usually a butler service for food and drink. If you wanted a cabana but didn't want to splash out on the full suite, the cabanas can be hired for around $25 per day payable at the reception.
The hotel are considerate (space allowing) for late check out rooms. I saw several being extended until 2.00 in the afternoon if flying around 6.00.
Staff worth a mention. Yulia on the Guest Relations was as helpful as ever and remembered us from the last time. Mahmoud one of the waters was very attentive as were all the management team if we ever had a query.
Those looking for snorkelling, you can go off the man made beach and will see a few fish. Alternatively walk to the Sunrise Garden ( the third hotel in the trio) and walk off its jetty. You would need to go to the end ( once the dive boats have left in the morning and before they come back early evening) as it is very shallow for quite some way out. Be warned we saw a lively Lion Fish with large colourful spines but if you come across one do not touch as they have quite a sting. The area between the hotels is really the only nice walk in the evening as it has a path following the line of the beach. For the shoppers out there, try either the Cleopatra Mall opposite selling your usual touristy items or a ten minute walk diagonally you will come to the large Senza Mall with a greater variety of shops. As we with all shopping in Egypt,be prepared to haggle. It is a true art form and most people either love or hate it. Be respectful when doing it and have fun. You will often get a better price. Hope this helps but any questions feel free to ask as I am still here for a few days more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of Egypt. The 5 Star resort is located in a wonderful Garden Area and directly at the sandy beach with an own lagoon, which guarantee you a relaxing time. 20 km to Hurghada center and 15 km to the Hurghada International Airport provide you short distances during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Crystal Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada