It is located close to the airport, around 20 minutes by car. Thus, the airplaines fly low and you can hear them.
The hotel has spacious green territory with big laguna beech. It helps to avoid overcrowding unlike in the neighbouring Sunrise Mamlouk hotel.
It has 2 swimming pools, one of them being heated. It really saved some days of my holidays when water in the sea was cold.
The beach has lot's of sunbeds, so no fight for them in the morning. But I was really surprised to see that some of the matrasses for the sunbeds were shabby or even torn.
The hotel has one main restaraunt, one on the beach working also as a bar, one with Mediterranean food and one with Indian, lobby bar with great coffee and snacks. Food in all the restaraunts was various and good, except for the veal steak in Mediterranean restaraunt which had to be chewed long. Anyway the food is for all tastes and diets. Big plus of the hotel is that its guests can go to the restaraunts of the neighbouring Sunrise Mamlouk hotel (Asian and Mexican) and Sunrise Garden beach hotel (Italian and Oriental) as they belong to one hotel network. Most of all we enjoyed Asian and Mexican restaraunts. The guests of the above-mentioned hotels can't go to the Crystal Bay restaraunts.
The staff is very helpful and friendly, always eager to help without annoyance and flirting as most of the male personnel does. Though later on I saw how the barmen and waiters talked to ukrainian girls and realised that attitude to me was different as I always spoke in English to them. On the third day of my stay I received a call from Guest relationships service asking me about my impressions on the hotel and whether I needed anything. It was a nice surprise.
The room was good but traces of small careless repair are seen. The cleaning was good. Air conditioner is noisy even when the fan is low and the room door noise insulation is not the best. Strong wind made draught. I had some ants in the shower appearing somehow in the evenings only. After call from guest relationships service the latter problem had been settled fast.
Free WiFI was all over the territory including rooms and it's an added asset of the hotel.
Animation could be better. When I finally decided to take aqua gym and dancing classes it appeared that Saturday was a day off for the whole animation team. Never faced that.
Night shows were good. Enjoyed live music in the lobby bar. Disco in the hotel has very bad ventilation and it's hard to be there for non-smokers. I survived 5 minutes only.
The hotel is very calm. It would perfectly suit to families with small kids, couples and individuals seaking silence and tranquillity. For those who want to have fun, it will be dull and boring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of Egypt. The 5 Star resort is located in a wonderful Garden Area and directly at the sandy beach with an own lagoon, which guarantee you a relaxing time. 20 km to Hurghada center and 15 km to the Hurghada International Airport provide you short distances during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Crystal Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada