Just come back from a week in the SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort in Hurghada. Tues 4th to 11th. The Hotel and its surroundings and fixings are so beautiful and quality, from the moment we stepped off the bus we were greeted with big smiles and helpful staff. The ease of the check in was so easy and was done with a drink in our hand :-).
Room 113 we was given, which was a ground floor apartment in a perfect position to get access to the pools, the room was clean and so nice. Two big beds, nice walk in shower, mini bar, big TV with English movie channel it had everything you wanted.
First day round the pool bar which we got sunbeds right next to it was so nice, the Staff Yousif and Mahrous made the holiday for us really special. From the minute we met them to the last drink they served us they provided us outstanding service. Even going beyond the call of duty when I was hit with the dreaded Pharaoh’s revenge, the guys behind the bar had given me a special mint tea and some guava juice which helped me out with help from the onsite Doctor who again compared to the Gp’s in Britain was really helpful and caring. Yousif and Mahrous wasn’t just good with us they were good with everyone it was just a pleasure to watch them enjoy their work and make holiday goers happy.
We then met a young man called Momo who was in the entertainment team. Top guy loves his job so much gets every holiday guest involved. From the water polo to the really enjoyable Agua Aerobics which even Santa Claus did the week we were there. He went round the pools and spoke to everyone he was so full of energy and laughter he was brilliant.
The onsite Spa which we booked to have a Turkish Bath for 4 of us for £50 each was Amazing I have never had anything like that before and was so well looked after and felt so well treated for over two hours it was unbelievable.
Food- Breakfast was okay if you kept to the egg station and omelette’s you were safe.
Lunch- Beach bar was really good a good selection of various really nice foods
Dinner-a la carte restaurant was okay good salads and good range of bread but the meat choice was limited and I was unsure of it. This is compared to All inclusive that I have been to in the past including Mexico and various Greek Islands.
But if you booked the restaurant’s which was through a touch screen computer in the main lobby, a bit tricky to use but when you got the hang of it was okay. You had to book 24 hrs in advance and we visited the Mediterranean the Indian twice and the Mexican in the hotel next door and they were all outstanding really good.
Overall the holiday was quality and really relaxing the managers should be proud of the staff on the service they give and the hours they do.
Travelled with Girlfriend and her parents
Steve Kirby, Gemma Goldthorpe. Martin and Elaine Laycock
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of Egypt. The 5 Star resort is located in a wonderful Garden Area and directly at the sandy beach with an own lagoon, which guarantee you a relaxing time. 20 km to Hurghada center and 15 km to the Hurghada International Airport provide you short distances during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Crystal Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada