Just returned to the UK’s snow and freezing temperatures after a glorious week at the Crystal Bay Resort, Hurghada.
With temperatures around the mid to high twenties it is, for most people, a nice time to visit Egypt. Do be aware though that the evenings can still be on the cool side especially if there is a breeze blowing from the North.
On to the hotel itself. Overall it is very hard to fault. Good sized rooms, nice choice of restaurants, (one large buffet style and two a la carte, a Mediterranean and an excellent Indian), spacious gardens, massive pool area and a private beach which seemed well capable of accommodating many more guests than were there last week.
The hotel is part of the Sunrise group which meant that under the all inclusive plan you have access to the facilities of the next door hotel, the Mamlouk Palace Resort.
This gives two further options for booking a la carte meals in an Asian or a Mexican restaurant. (Beware of the tomato chilli soup starter, v.hot!!).
The gardens and surrounding areas are immaculately kept by the army of hard working staff. As I mentioned the pool area is nice and big with plenty of sun beds available through most of the day. The same applies to the beach area which had a wonderful, quiet relaxed atmosphere.
My wife and I booked a trip through the Thomas Cook representative to Luxor. This included visits to the temples of Karnak, the Valley of the Kings and a short but very enjoyable trip on the Nile through Luxor. It was a very long day but excellent value for what you can get from it. Only criticism of the day being returning to the resort after 10pm which did mean we missed out on dinner. We were served soup and snacks in the lounge bar afterwards which didn’t seem so bad once the drinks were flowing!
Back to the hotel and I think the only improvement that could be made is to have a bigger choice of options for main course in the buffet restaurant. If you fail to book into any of the four a la carte options it could be viewed as bit of a disappointment some nights.
Do not let that deter you from a visit to what is overall an excellent choice of resort for the Hurghada area of Egypt. I would be back next week given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of Egypt. The 5 Star resort is located in a wonderful Garden Area and directly at the sandy beach with an own lagoon, which guarantee you a relaxing time. 20 km to Hurghada center and 15 km to the Hurghada International Airport provide you short distances during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Crystal Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada