“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #66 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
belfast. N. Ireland
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This staff at this hotel are outstanding. Very special mention of Adel, senior pool supervisor.
Charming and attentive.
Food and rooms are good. Undergoing construction. should be even better.
I would highly recommend this hotel

1 Thank gracehortense
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear gracehortense ,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

We are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza .

Personal Assistant to General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Good holiday if you want to spend time by the pool or the beach in the sun. Food excellent, rooms and bathrooms ok, perhaps a little faded round the edges. Evening entertainment not to European standards and all takes place in a conference room. Night club loud! Hotel is isolated and you need a taxi to get anywhere. Friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlisonS32
Dear AlisonS32 ,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ok so some of the review talk about works ongoing and the hotel needing upgrading. Well forget that. This place is paradise and which part if paradise doesnt need pruning from time to time.

We loved this hotel, it's large and has massive green spaces which just complement the view of the Red Sea which is breathtaking at any time of day.

I was worried about the floor reading other reviews and to be honest I was quite surprised at the variety. I like flavoursome food so if that's for you then this is the place to go. As the food I the buffet pleased us, my partner and I were happy to stay here rather than to go to the restaurant.

Entertainment is fun and for all ages and the host momo really is a gem. He made me laugh each and every time I bumped into him at the hotel.

Beach is small but nice and lunch snacks are served there which mean you don't have to go back to the hotel for lunch.

My room cleaner did a fab job tidying our room.

Yes the hotel is a little dated but it is nothing to shout home about and this certainly won't ruin your stay there.

The staff are all very friendly and make a conscious effort to ensure you enjoy your stay. I never at any point felt under any pressure to give any tips!

My partner and I used the gym and spa facilities, sauna and steam room which were nice. Set in a nice calming environment with calming music. An alternative to spending then whole day at the beach.

We did a few trips snorkelling and quad biking which we're great too but could have easily just relaxed at the hotel.

This is a really comfortable clean hotel, with good food and friendly staff and I'd definitely go back.

Thanks again guys, you made our stay a wonderful experience.

J and sherie

Room Tip: 317 close to lobby and dining great views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shez1979 ,

Athens, Greece
Reviewed March 1, 2014

hilton plaza is a very average hotel,nothing special to offer.i wouldnt recommend it to a friend and i will not came again.needs renovation a soon as possible everywhere.with the same price you can find much better hotels in hurghada.the only think that i liked was the buffet and especially the desserts.it was my 3rd time in hurgada btw.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear georgiosdimitriadis,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

We are sorry that the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore, I have discussed all your respective comments / ratings into details with our management team, who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Hurghada Plaza in the near future.

Regards,

Rena, Norway
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Good, observant staff that aims to please. Some of the staff showed a remarkable eye for details and had good memory.

A large portion of the hotel needs renovation, but it is reflected in the price, so I mean it is still good value for the money spent, and the beds were good.

The only "Cleanliness" problem I can mention is that the hotel has many door handels that you have to pull/touch. Bacterias easily spread that way, and your immune system is only effective against wellknown "homely" bacterias. Needless, to say, I got a little sick, even though I practice good hygiene.

Training facilities were medium, but sufficient if you only do benchpress or walk the treadmill like a hamster. Must be unbearingly hot in the summer. Not enough room for crossfit or free weight excercising. Tennis and squash facilities were good. I'd recommend everyone to take tennis classes, affordable prices and a good teacher.

Every night, after dinner, there is a 1-2 hours entertainment show that is varying from simple to exotic, and fun for all ages. Encouraging and smiling entertainers make the most out of it. I recommended it, even just for the social happening.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Christopher L ,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive your kind comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am glad that in general you had a relaxing holiday at our property and you were satisfied with staff services rendered , aslo enjoyed the hotel facilities and entertainment show every evening.
I have taken a note of your comments which have been passed to all concerned department for direct rectification, as your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed February 27, 2014

It was a wonderful holiday with friends. We enjoyed every day spent in Hilton Hurghada Plaza.
Rooms are very comfortable, I miss now the moments when opening my eyes in the morning, first thing I saw is a great view of the blue sea.
Weather in late February was perfect, it was only 2 windy days from 10 that we stayed, we bathed in the sea and the pool, sunbathing on the comfortable loungers.
The food was delicious, a large assortment of dishes every day.
Hotel staff all are very cheerful and funny. I want to say a special thanks for the pleasant memories to our animators : Momo, Dasha, Fathi and Vicka. Even though that every time I like to visit new places, thanks to them, I want to return to Hilton Hurghada Plaza again someday.

2 Thank Va1entyna_K
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Va1entyna_K ,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time you spared to write your positive feedback about your experience on trip advisor. I am glad to read that in general you enjoyed your holiday at our property and you were satisfied with the staff service rendered , food quality and variety and you liked your room location and view . My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues specially the animation team, as your stay's comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at your second home, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Sincerely ,

Kent. England
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a very good week’s holiday here. Had the Resort been listed as a 4* then the interpretation of the below would be different but as it claims to be a 5* you have to review with this in mind. Like many other reviewers have said the place needs a face lift and some money spent on it. It is spotlessly clean but very tired looking in places.

Location

It is set in the middle of the old town. Not really anywhere to go locally if that’s what you want. We are happy to stay in the hotel and use the facilities here. We did venture out one night but was a maze of roadwork’s and building sites so soon turned back as we were constantly being hassled by taxi drivers!

There is building work going on right next door which can be noisy at times. Looks like these could be going on for some time.

Staff

Generally good but can be variable. Some days you get table service in the restaurant and others you have to get the drinks yourself. Same for table clearing.

It was very hard to get a cold drink. Even when it was 30+ degrees. In the restaurant the wine was often warm. It is from a box and not kept in the fridge.
At the pool bar there was a coke machine but never used. All soft drinks were serve from 2L plastic bottles that were mostly warm but sometimes cold.
Lifts were one of the areas that needed a makeover. Just old looking.

Rooms

Entrance doors were a bit tatty. Same for the bathroom. Repairs done to the bath that did not look great cosmetically.

Big screen Samsung TV here that was good with enough channels if you wanted it.
Bed was very comfortable and the male chambermaid cleaned it beautifully each day.
All the rooms had a fantastic view of the pool area and gardens down to the private beach.
Unfortunately our Air Con blew hot air into the room. We reported it and someone came quickly but was not able to fix it. Luckily the rooms were not too warm so a nice breeze from the window was enough to keep cool. Maybe not so in peak season.

Restaurant Main

Food improved each day. It was very good if not 5* special.
My highlight was the outdoor BBQ for lunch and dinner with grilled fish and meats. Make sure you get them fresh cooked and not from the hot displays.
Drinks were poor. Orange Juice in the morning was not fresh and warm generally. Wine from a box and warm mostly. My wife wanted a Baileys but they did not know what that was. Range seemed very limited.

Pool area was excellent. Lots of open spaces. Not crammed in like sardines. The best and most comfortable mattresses I have ever seen. Loved the basket style beds for 2.
The pool men were great and would do anything for you.

Food stopped serving at 3pm till dinner at 7pm. There was the Mosaic “Restaurant” by the pool but we tried this only once as it was just bridge roll type sandwiches, pizza and chips.

Try out the Spa. We both did the Cleopatra. fantastic. 2 hours of Sauna, salt Rub, massage, steam room, Jacuzzi etc. All for less than £50 each. 2 hours!

Trip Advisor reviews says this is the 9th best hotel in Hurghada. To me, not worth its 5* rating. Probably a 4* at best.

Room Tip: Take one that is not on the ground floor. Better views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian_Stephenson
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Ian_Stephenson ,

Thank you very much for completing a positive Trip Advisor review about your recent visit to our Hilton Hurghada Plaza , I am glad to read that in general you had a very good week’s holiday at our hotel and you were satisfied with the services rendered you received during your stay with us and enjoyed the hotel facilities .

Kindly note that I have taken a note of your comments , please rest assured that your feedback is passed to all concerned to be properly addressed,as your comments are of a great importance to us .

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the near future , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish .

Regards ,