5,104 results
All reviewsentertainment teamel solbeach barjungle discoretro barchef ashrafarabian nightsthomas cookred flaggreat holidaysunday roastfishboat tripwelcome homeyorkshire puddingthe mediterranean restaurantsea view
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Our 1st time at this hotel and there's lots of pros and cons.

The hotel is slightly dated, but it's clean and tidy. The room was comfortable - fridge, air con and shower all good with a nice balcony. The food at the hotel was great too. Probably would be about a 3* in the UK.

The bad bits....

We went for relaxation and struggled to get any. The hotel was only 30% full and with 11 entertainment staff, they will hassle you from the minute you arrive until the minute you leave. There is a 'red flag' system - tie one on your sun shade and the sales staff are supposed to leave you alone. It was pointless. We were hammered from sales and entertainment staff from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Some people don't mind doing all of the entertainment and that's fine - but we get enough hassle with our jobs in the UK and wanted to relax for a week. Unfortunately we struggled to get this. On the first day, we were approached over 10 times during the day, then again in the bar at night.

We did book one trip to "Paradise Island" with a nice guy called Gamil. The boat trip and the snorkeling good, but the 2 hours on the island was awful. No shade, thousands of people, 4 English pounds for the loo, loads of litter, broken glass in the sea and our guide who spent 20 mins trying to get a crab he'd caught, to hold a cigarette.

Also had a SD card adapter for my ipad go missing from my room. Didn't leave it in the safe so can't prove it. My fault I guess.

In summary, nice hotel, good food, but relentless hassle. OK if you like that sort of thing, but avoid this hotel if you want peace and quiet.

Staff are nice, but they're bound to be when they see English people as (a direct quote from an Egyptian in Hurghada Marina) "a walking cashpoint." The more they hassle you, the more you'll give them....

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GJW_JRA
holidayshotel, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Holidays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Dear Gary W,
Greetings from SUNRISE Holidays Resort!
Thank you for valuing your stay at SUNRISE Holidays Resort.
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Holidays Resort for your recent vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
We are always appreciating constructive criticism as we see a chance in it to improve our services in order to meet and exceed the expectations of our precious guests.
Regarding the animation team kindly be informed that we are running training daily and weekly for the manners and also on job training to improve the service.
Regarding the sellers I would like to add that our Security Manager has been informed and our action will be taken.
We do hope that despite your comments we will have the pleasure to host your good selves once again in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Third time for me and last time got worse as the week went on no air con and no fridge for the first week flies in the bathroom killed them every night and still they kept coming then second week the work started banging and cutting and scraping then nail gun and more banging wires everywhere then then dug the floor up outside our room and we had to walk around to get in sorry but last time for us the staff are fine I had one great meal on a Sunday which was Sunday dinner other days the same old stuff and not very hot the rep who we spoke with was more interested in selling trips than speaking to my wife so spoilt my birthday and anniversary oh and if you think I am being petty I have been hurgahda 4 times Taba once and sharm 14 times and this was by far the worst

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank John K
holidayshotel, Guest Relations Manager at SUNRISE Holidays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Dear Mr. John K,
The SUNRISE Holidays Team thanks you very much for your precious time that you have spent to post your opinion and your feedback , while we wish you had a better experience. We would like to deeply apologized for inconveniences which you had faced regarding your room facilities and in the same time ensure you that we spare no efforts to follow all our guests requests and needs. Kindly be informed that we are carried in our hotel only necessarily maintenance works in order to improve our hotel standards. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, we can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. We truly hoping to welcome you once again in your second home - SUNRISE Holidays Resort! Best regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed April 15, 2017

Stayed for a week with my daughter for a short chill out holiday. We have been to Hurghada many times between us but this was the first visit to this particular hotel. We booked as the reviews seemed to be extremely good.

When we arrived our room on the 5th floor was small with a very small balcony and a sea view. This was adequate but not up to the usual standard we have found in this area. The bedroom furniture was certainly in need of replacement but the beds were very comfortable.

There was extensive renovation work being undertaken throughout the hotel, including the 5th floor corridor outside our room. At times it was very dusty with re-plastering and painting taking place throughout the week which resulted in us having to walk over dust sheets etc when returning to our room during their working hours.

The day we left there was also noise from a neighbouring development which sounded like pile-driving so this may be the start of further problems which may be outside of the hotel's responsibility.

The good points:

This is an adults only hotel.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, including the Management who constantly checked if all was well. Chef staff deserving of a mention are the breakfast time egg man, the pasta crew and also the pizza guy. Two of the entertainment team were also particularly pleasant, Cortiana(?) who is from Germany and the young Egyptian girl from Cairo.

Food was good in general but particularly the pasta station in the main restaurant and fresh pizza made to order at the pool bar during the afternoons.

As already stated, the beds were very comfortable and there were bathrobes and slippers provided in the room.

The provision, on request, of red flags to tie to your sunbed or brolly to deter sellers of spa treatments, trips, diving etc. However see the bad points also!

A few bad points:

The ongoing renovations.

The red flag system may deter sellers but does not stop the multitude of entertainment staff from pestering throughout the day. I suspect this was due to being away with my daughter! I am sure we would have been visited only once if my husband had been with me.

The all inclusive spirits were local brands as expected but what I did not expect was that they were obviously watered down. They are served from bottles which are topped up as the top export labels are so worn they must have been used for weeks on end. I did, however, witness a Russia man ask for a straight vodka and the barmaid took a bottle from under the counter (it appeared to be the same brand but with an intact seal and top) and opened it fresh for him.

Would we return? Perhaps if the price was right after the renovations have been completed. As it stands it is more than a little tired and there are better hotels available, although admittedly at a greater cost.

We got what we came for which was a week in the sun at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Email if you want a sunny balcony. Some rooms are permanently in the shade
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank carol53

Dear carol53,
Warm Greetings from SUNRISE Holidays Resort ,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. Feedback for SUNRISE is very important as it helps us to understand where we are performing to a high standard and the areas where there may be room for improvement.
We are very concerned with the comments you made regarding drinks. I really regret that there was no possibility to address your comments directly to our F&B Manager. In that point also I would like to inform you that we have already passed you comment to proper head department.
It is very important for us to know your opinion to have a possibility to develop and provide our best to our valuable guests.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

I am just come back from a second visit
I had a amazing time
The food was great lot of different varieties
There was a lot of activities going on
I liked the animation team
I made good friend Luba from the team

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear igdhdkso,

We would like to thank you for sharing your vacation experience - we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our resort.
The tradition of Egyptian hospitality leaves us at hope that for your next vacation you will choose again SUNRISE Holidays Resort and we will do our best to make it an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

The Hotels moto is Welcome Home and it could not be more fitting!All the staff from the superb entertainment staff to the staff cleaning the bedrooms were wonderfully friendly always smiling and helpful! Really relaxing! Only stayed a week but it felt longer! I can't wait to go back again and my grandson and I are planning a return trip next month

Stayed: February 2017

Dear parklane17,
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing SUNRISE Holidays Resort to spend your holiday. Thank you for sharing your positive comments about the hotel on Trip Advisor. We are also glad to know that our staff made your vacation enjoyable as you mention and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at your second home SUNRISE Holidays Resort in the near future.