“Excellent holiday”

Ranked #56 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“Excellent holiday”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, always ready and willing to help, food good variety could always find something you want.

location right on sea front glorious view, you can be as busy or relaxed as you wanted there's something for everyone, was good not to have children there so total peace, trips good value and really enjoyable swimming with the dolphins amazing.
Snorkeling is a must do it's a different world with so many different fish and corals,
Room emaculate with everything you need has its own free safe, great view from sunrise to sunset.
We booked on our return home to go back in feb 2014 so yes we were very impressed, we met a lot of people that holiday there 2 and 3 times a year

Looking forward to it only 10 weeks till we return

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Fantastic holiday everybody made you so welcome from management Down to all staff animation team worked so hard to get everyone involved special mention to mido brown mizo mido gigi Diana zizo the hotel management visit all guests on beach and all round hotel every morning to check if anyone as any problems they can sort them out right away I will definitely be going back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 207John
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Room and bathroom were clean and decent size. Had a room with a balcony view. Great views of the sunrise over the Red Sea. Shops in the hotel are overpriced. Food at restaurants was decent. Don't bother making a reservation for The Mediterranean. The service was horrible (me and another couple walked on), and the food is the same as the other restaurants. It was also hot and humid in the restaurant.

Internet in the room is ridiculously expensive. It's free in the lobby (wifi), but the connection was awful.

I wouldn't bother using the phone in the room. It was a piece of crap that wouldn't work, and the one time it did, I was overcharged the "maximum" fee because apparently the phone didn't disconnect after I was through with my call. There's a cell phone store down the street in town. You're better off getting a SIM card.

The dive shop was decent, and the dive masters were good (US$183 for 4 dives).

This place is just on the outskirts of downtown Hurghada, but it's a safe walk. The resort makes you wear a green hospital bracelet for the duration of your stay. I can't tell you how many hustlers said "SUNRISE HOLIDAY!" to me as I walked past with my tourist-target bracelet. Granted, as a 6' white guy, I was clearly a tourist. But it was a little unnerving that people knew where I was staying.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kristopher N
Halifax
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks in August 2013 and have already booked for 3 weeks again in August 2014. I think that says it all really.
To start with the hotel is reasonably close to the airport, approximately a 20 minute drive, after a long flight this is a blessing. On arrival at the hotel, the reception staff are very efficient and we were in our room very quickly.
We had booked a Superior room which cost a little more but on the whole worth the extra. The room itself was a good size with all you need on holiday. A comfortable bed, a seating area and a decent sized bathroom. Although not quite as modern or polished as a European hotel room you would have to be very picky not to be happy this accommodation.
What really makes this hotel is the location, the first opportunity to appreciate this is when you go out onto your balcony, the view out onto the lagoon and Red Sea is breathtaking, I promise you the pictures on this site do not in anyway do it justice, you have to see it for yourself. The biggest benefit of a Superior room is that you get a larger balcony and an unrestricted panoramic view, in my opinion worth the extra cost of a Superior room itself, particularly at sunrise ( though you will have to be up early to catch it)
Quick mention for the room staff who clean your room everyday to a high standard and will often leave some very amusing towel art which is a nice touch. My partner had a birthday during our holiday and when we returned to our room on that day, there was balloons, decorations and a cake left. A fabulous piece of customer service.
The hotel has a range of restaurants for you to choose from at mealtimes and the food is very good, it is fair to say not quite European standard but always lots of choice and you will always find something to your taste. I am a vegetarian with a very healthy appetite and had no problems getting plenty to eat. Special mention to the A la Carte restaurant where the food is truly first class though you are limited to how many visits you can make depending on your holiday package.
Whilst we were there, the hotel had some 'special invitation' events in which they tried to accommodate specific nationalities with the food on offer. These events were fantastic and I highly recommend them.
My partner and I also tried a massage at the in house Therapy Centre, the prices are equivalent to England but you can 'barter' and I strongly recommend that you do. The massage itself was fantastic and again I would highly recommend giving it a go.
Now onto the beach and lagoon. The beach itself is well maintained, very clean and never a problem getting sunbeds etc. No need for the early morning trip to drop off your towels. There is a beach bar close by no matter where you choose to sunbathe and never a problem getting drinks etc. They also have a pizza / burger bar available all afternoon as part of the all inclusive, the pizza's are fresh made in a stone oven and are fantastic.
Now the lagoon, I can not speak highly enough of this feature. It is teaming with colourful and interesting fish and as it is artificially created you are not in the open sea and you are very safe. Only fish can get through and nothing bigger that may take a bite out of you :) My partner is not a fan of the sea and I have been trying to coax her into snorkelling for a few years without much success. This all changed in the lagoon as she grew in confidence she would often go in and snorkel alone.
All in all a truly fantastic hotel with great staff that can not do enough for you and never hint for tips. The All Inclusive is great value and I can not think of any negatives. I am really looking forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eazygeezer101
Reviewed December 7, 2013

2nd time to this hotel... I never go somewhere twice but would go here again and again.

It's the extra touches that make this hotel so great ... Returning guest upgrades,fruit baskets, sample drinks and food brought round to try daily, and roses, sweets/ cakes when u leave with a great send off from the animation guys.
Waking up to a sunrise and overlooking the sea is amazing !!
The lagoon is a great part of this hotel, good for snorkeling as so calm even on windier days and many fish are resident even a turtle under the bridge!!!
Rooms are clean spacious but I must agree need a little upgrading/ decoration but that is so minor to put u off this hotel , they are more than adequate and fine for the time u usually spend in them.
Food is really good quality and a large choice in all three restaurants.
It is in a brilliant location, just at the edge of town and easy access walking distance or short cheap taxi ride to downtown, the new marina or memsha ( new area... little Buddha , hard rock area).
Staff are second to none, all work tirelessly to make ur stay the best they can, the towel guys, waiters,bar staff etc Special mention to Aladdin Arabian restaurant who went above and beyond..
Animation are so friendly and funny made u feel so comfortable to be part of the hotel and join in with activities,special thanks to Mido, bob and Omar, u are such great guys and not forgetting my biggest star of sunrise .. Brown !!!!.
To sum up an amazing great value hotel ... Management and staff should be proud.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Bevk121
London,England
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Well what a change.............. After our last visit to The Sunrise Holiday Resort we said never again, But after visiting a number of other hotels in the area we decided to try the Sunrise again, and what a great choice. Something has changed at the Sunrise and its for the better. The staff have always been great but this time they are even better, the management are everywhere talking to the guests and showing interest in what you have to say.
The food was great with a wide choice and something for everyone, Thanks Head Chef Ashraf ( the cat man)
Rooms are clean, most have a sea view and the cleaners can not do enough for you.
The bar staff were so helpful and a special thank you to Mohamed at the pool bar who never let our glasses go empty.
The recreation staff who look after the pool area were first class, our loungers were always saved with a fresh towel ( Thanks Ahmed, Mahmoud and Yasar )
The Animation team are on another level............. they were non stop and always chatting to the guests and I have never seen 40+ doing water aerobics !!!! Boca, Mido and Dr Bob you are Stars.
Tommy the Health spa salesman and Gamil the boat man. If you get a chance take a trip on the Tropicana with Egypt's very own Capt Jack sparrow ( Bob)
There have been some big changes at The Sunrise Holiday Resort and all for the better. Well done everyone and see you again soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rinno99
wales
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Arrived home on the 3rd Dec. after another wonderful relaxing fortnight at the Sunrise Resort.
This year the weather was hotter than last time and the evenings sat outside with a glass of your favourite drink were worth putting up with the mossies. Ok, the place would be better for a good decoration plan, but the money is tight and that will come when the country is sorted after the elections.
We both had the runs on our second week ( I came up with a new name for it here; the Tutem Karsi's). Fortunately, there is a doctor above the reception and he sorted us out with tablets (£15 the lot) and he will put it on your insurance if it was much more expensive. Nice bloke. Another Nice bloke was the Head Chef, Ashraf. He has made a big difference to the dining since last year bringing in better quality food, especially meats. He also takes time to chat to as many guests as he can asking for their thoughts. He's also one crazy character for cracking jokes and his missus bears the brunt of them. He looks like Omar Sharif and If she kicks him out there would be a queue around the block to snap him up, a right flirt too. But when we left he joined the assortment of entertainment staff at the hotel front when the coach came to pick us up and helped hand round flowers to the females and cakes and ice-cream to the men and then all stayed waving until the bus disappeared towards the airport.
The lagoon was the main reason we came here as I love snorkelling and this year was even better than last. I saw huge shoals of herring size fish, a six foot barracuda and a moray eel all right under the front of the platform island. There are also a couple of turtles under there along with two groupers and two lion fish. My small pocket camera-in-a-bag was forever missing the best of the action but I will remember what I saw for the rest of my life. Now where's that Lottery card?
P.S. Some of the Russian guests can be a pain but I didn't have any trouble with them myself.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple