We stayed for a week in the middle of March.
On arrival at the Airport, when entering the terminal building, ignore the people who are directing you to get a visa. Turn immediately left and go to the row of banks, the Visas are £3 cheaper per person here.
On arrival at the hotel, we were checked in and in our room within 10 minutes of arriving, the reception staff were very efficient on arrival.
This hotel is fantastic value for money. The staff and management cannot do enough for you, any problems and they are immediately rectified. The management walk around the pool and beach area every single day asking if there are any problems, is the cleaning ok etc., we requested a softer mattress and it was delivered within the hour and a leak in the bathroom was repaired within the same time frame. As said in previous reviews, Ashraf, the Head Chef, is always out and about and very visible in the restaurants - he is very keen to try new recipes so don't be afraid to approach him with them.
We had room 150 which is on the ground floor and the patio doors open up onto the grassed area in front of the beach. There were quite a few mosquitoes when we were there but if you ask at Reception they will spray your room for you. Our room was also a stones through from the breakfast/lunch restaurant, the pool and outside evening bar area (there were no noise issues whatsoever). The omlette chef in the restaurant below the pool area was lovely and very chatty - the omlettes were gorgeous in there.
We have travelled quite a bit and in our opinion this hotel provides some of the best food we have tasted abroad. The hotel is not a 5* but then you are not paying 5* prices, as long as you bear that in mind I cannot believe you will be disappointed with it.
All in all we had a great trip, one little hiccup on check-out which was quite upsetting but the General Manger came down, sorted it and couldn't apologise enough to us. This incident would not put me off returning again.
A big thank you to ALL the staff, from the gardeners to the general manager, for making our holiday so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada