If you are over 50yrs, overweight, unhealthy and if all you go on holiday to do is drink, smoke and eat vast amounts then this resort will suit you down to the ground, if not DON'T GO!!!
I have just returned from a weeks holiday with my 2 sons aged 22 & 21years.
All i can say is if you can afford to go else where please do!
The hotel is VERY dated, on arrival we were allocated 2 double rooms on the forth floor right next to reception, both rooms were very dull,smelt of fumes from the nearby generator, tired looking, old fashioned and generally miserable with small balconies that got no sun whatsoever.
I immediately complained to the management and was told to return the following day and they would " sort me 2 very nice rooms this time ".
On my return they stated that they didn't have 2 rooms for me unless i wanted to upgrade for £75 to a suite, i did upgrade begrudgingly and paid the money, the only reason being that i would of wanted to kill myself if i had stayed in the other room by the end of the week.
The suite wasn't much better, still very, very dated and dull but the balcony was in the sun and the large type so that is why i agreed to pay.
As for the food don't get me started, all my party was ill within 2 days of landing at the resort and we are very careful what we eat and drink and with hygiene in general but one week back at home and we are all still not right so be warned.
Not only does the food make you ill but it is rubbish, cold,bland, poor selection, dinners that have been made into teas, so it was of no great loss not to be able to eat after day 2.
If you like to keep active don't go to this resort it has nothing to offer you, the gym is very small with very limited equipment and is so hot it is unbearable to work out in, but me and my sons did use it and the only benefit was there was never anybody else in it!
The only thing that this hotel has got going for it is the sun which you will get at every other resort so go to another resort instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada