“Good for us.”

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Ranked #82 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We were looking for quiet and restful holidays. This hotel was superb for us. The noisy Hurghada was about 25 minutes by taxi and one visit was more than enough. We prefered one day trips such as Kairo, sea view and the underwater+snoorkel excitments.
The best of the hotel is a long beach (as hotel name) and nice hotel. No problem during our 2 weeks stay. I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review and kind comments. Great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have the opportunity too visit us again in the future.
Kind Regards, Kamel Ajami.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort

Reviewed November 25, 2009

Where to begin? This is not a Hilton hotel by any stretch of the imagination & I have already emailed the Hilton to inform them of my huge disappointment.My husband & I have just come back from 2 weeks there & will certainly never be going again!!
Restaurants: Both the Lotus and Al Dente served similar food even though the Al Dente is supposed to be Italian (well,i suppose if you serve pasta every night you can class yourself as Italian!!) Tables were never laid properly,there was always either a piece of cutlery,a napkin or a side plate missing & the atmosphere in both restaurants was not unlike a works canteen..constantly clattering of china & cutlery by the staff etc.Cups/glasses were chipped,the food was lukewarm if you were lucky and some days there was no coffee or hot water for tea.Breakfasts,although the same every day,weren't too bad as there was a choice and the chef would cook you an omelette or fried eggs.
Vienna Cafe/Lobby Bar: The Vienna Cafe at the back of reception is the 'smoking' area where there are only enough seats for 50 (out of a possible 2,500 guests) & there was a huge demand for seats every evening,culminating in queues.Obviously tipping staff at the start of your holiday does help,but shouldn't be necessary.There is no tea/coffee or any other drinks available between midnight & 10.30am unless you are prepared to pay despite it being an all inclusive hotel.If you are in the bar at midnight your drink will be poured into a plastic beaker!!! The foyer only seats around 75 people and,as there is nowhere else to go in the hotel of an evening (except your balcony,of course) it is always crowded with people waiting for somewhere to sit.
Beware of the shops in the foyer,you will be constantly harassed by the keepers trying to get you in,consequently we bought nothing in the hotel.
Cyber Cafe: What a joke!! 2 computers in the foyer with a constant queue,wifi is available in your room at a cost of approx £15 a day!!!
Reception: They told us they couldn't book us a taxi so we went outside to near the entrance gate (inside the grounds)where they quoted us a ridiculous price to go to Hurghada (about 20 mins drive) but we haggled them down to 35 Egyptian pounds only to find that the return trip by a normal taxi company from town,was only 20 EP!!!
Pools: During our stay these were kept clean although there was only 1 heated pool in the main area and that was full,understandably,of families with their children..we did swim once in one of the other pools but it was so cold it was a quick in/out,very few people went in or stayed in for very long.We were harassed all day long by massage/quad bike/cocktail/manicure staff trying to sell their services (We did have 2 massages on the beach & I had the same problem as another complainant on here in that my lady talked all the way through the massage) 'Special of the day',as someone else on trip advisor stated,is always hot dogs...there's only so many hotdogs you can eat in 2 weeks!! The ladies toilets by the diving centre had no locks on them,the handles were falling off the doors and there seemed to be a permanent leak from one of the toilets as there were always puddles on the floor.
Beach: This is manmade with what felt like builders sand,the sea was crystal clear but you have to walk a long way out before you can swim..there are no fish around so don't bother with your snorkel and mask!! No real problem getting sunbeds,especially if you tip the towel guy (tipping for everything becomes a habit within a few days!!)but there are plenty of sunbeds although if it is breezy you will need to get to the beach early to get a windbreak.As around the pool you will be pestered by sales staff all day ( you just can't get away from them)Burgers were available at the beach bar at the far right of the beach,makes a change from hotdogs.
Gardens & paths:We had a LONG walk from our room to the main building every meal time & discovered sunken & proud manhole covers,lights with no covers on so the bulb & wiring were exposed and many other obstacles en route.The pathways are very badly lit so a torch might come in handy!!
Rooms: Our room was spacious with a TV,air con & fridge which was stocked with 2 litres of bottled water every day..you can purchase drink from reception to fill it,but they weren't cheap!Our fridge was set too cold at first so the water froze but we soon sorted that!The bath was badly stained,there were cracked tiles on the floor and the tile grouting was going mouldy.The light shade on the stairwell was broken which exposed the bulb & wiring & one evening,on our return to our room,hubby turned on the lights downstairs and one exploded on the floor by his side,broken glass everywhere!!
The hotel has an occupancy of approx 95% Russians,we spoke to Swedes,Norwegians, and Danish along with English friends we met there and nobody was happy with the hotel,they had great sympathy for us as we were there for 2 weeks whereas most 'escaped' in a week.
On a bright note the staff are second to none especially the bar staff and the room boy.They couldn't do enough for us & always greeted us with a warm welcome.The Marhaba restaurant is well worth a visit,although it costs extra,as the food is delicious,HOT and served in a wonderful environment..includes a belly dancing show and folklore dance on Mondays & Wednesdays...try it and you'll like it.
We had a good holiday as we made the best of it but i certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.We had 3 trips into the town & visited the Hard Rock Cafe twice where we got 2 decent meals and wonderful staff.Hurghada itself is good for shopping & you don't get the same harassment as you do at the hotel.We met an English couple on our trip to Cairo,they were staying in a 5 star hotel and they were having worse problems than us,had asked to be moved,so maybe it's not just the Hilton but Egypt as a whole.Shame!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your Trip Advisor review and comments. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. I have read carefully your feedback and kindly rest assured that I will follow up personally to ensure appropriate measures are in place. Regarding the lobby area, it is now a non-smoking area. Concerning the food, we are constantly reviewing and updating our menus to meet with different nationalities' expectations. All our swimming pools are now heated since mid of November according to our winter schedule. Once again, thank you for your time and apologies for any inconvenience encountered. Regards, Kamel Ajami

Reviewed November 23, 2009

This was, without a doubt, the worst holiday I have ever had. I list my reasons below:

ROOM: The room was of a satisfactory standard. The beds were fine and it was kept clean, althoug the bathroom was in need of an update - there was water mould growing on the tiles. The man that cleaned our room did a good job and always left it in a clean way for us. However, be warned! One afternoon I was having a sleep in bed after not feeling well, when without even so much as a knock on the door, a man burst straight in, had a look around before realising I was in the room and rushing into the bathroom under the pretence of giving us fresh towels. I do not understand what the purpose of this visit was - we already had clean towels.

FOOD: I was ill with an upset stomach for the duration of my two week stay - and this was after reading warnings beforehand about avoiding salad, fruit and things prepared in water. There was very little choice of food and much of it was lukewarm and/or completely unappetising and I hasten to add that I am not a fussy eater.

POOL: For the majority of our stay the pool was lovely, if not a little dangerous! We were under the impression that the pool was cleaned every day and it looked beautiful and was big enough for most people to get a sunbed and have their own space. One afternoon however, there was a large group of Egyptians staying at the hotel and even though one of their children was sat eating on the edge of the pool, the older family members insisted on pushing him in and dunking him. This led to the child (around 13) being sick numerous times in the water and no effort was made to get him out of the pool. Instead the family found it funny, the pool staff turned a blind eye, and chunks of sick were left floating in the pool. We complained but no apology was made and we did not see the pool get cleaned.

MONEY AND TAXIS: I urge you not to take a taxi in the dark in Hurghada. The drivers do not put their lights on and instead flash them sporadically and drive like lunatics. I have never been so frightened in my life. We were hassled constantly for money as they knew we were English and assume us to be very wealthy; expecting tips for everything. I was dragged into a shop by a shopkeeper and had men who worked in shops trying to touch my hair (it was blonde at the time) - it was thoroughly unpleasant.

Overall, this was a highly disappointing holiday and I will not ever be returning in the future. One of the easiest ways to waste £800 pp.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rebecca8712

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your feedback following your stay at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort. Please accept my sincere apologies for the incident that took place with the houseman. I assure you that appropriate action will be taken immediately. I also would like to confirm your comment about swimming pools' cleanliness, however appreciate your understanding that the attitude of some guests is beyond our control. Nevertheless, we will review the situation for further improvement. I am sorry to hear that you were ill. However, please rest assured that the hotel follows the principles of hygiene guidelines in line with local and national food hygiene regulations and receives inspection from local authority officials. Kind regards, Kamel Ajami

Reviewed November 22, 2009

I cannot believe this is a Hilton Hotel, don't get me wrong it was a lovely complex and the staff were lovely but that's all that I can say is good about it! It has got to be the worse food I have had in Egypt and I have stayed in two other hotels, I got food poisoning on the second half of the week only to come home and find out that I had got either a bacterial infection or disentry and it has taken a course of anitbiotics to clear it! And I dont think I was alone! If you dont mind eating buffet slop and being the only English people there (full of greedy, rude Russians) then you'll be ok!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank newmoonlon
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This hotel, despite the name, is not of the normal Hilton standard. We have stayed in many Hiltons around the world so expected the same standards here. Before we left home I called the hotel and was told WiFi internet was free in the loby area as I needed the connection for business. On arrival I was told it wasn't working but I could have it in the room at a cost of USD 25 per 24hours which would also let me use the WiFi facility, strange if it wasn't working! There are only two computers in reception for guests which means a lengthy wait if you want to use one.
The rooms were adequate and very clean, the lad cleaning our room always did a very good job, leaving flowers on the bed and on our daughters teddy, a nice touch. Dissapointing that there were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room (all other Hiltons have this) I called housekeeping and was told I could have a kettle at Eur 5 per day, coffee and tea would be extra.
As for all inclusive, it is not, The Oasis restaurant is chargeable as is the pizza station next t it, although it was never open when we were there. The Mahaba restaurant is also chargeable as is the snacks in the Vienna (loby) Bar. Imported drinks are ridiculously expensive. If you want hot dogs this is the place for you as every bar does them as a snack every day as part of the deal. The only bar that is different is Beach One that does a Shorma as well as hot dogs.
The two free restaurants serve aveage meals. Al Dente is supposed to be Italian and if you like pasta then this is the place for you, except it was pretty much the same every day. The other main restaurant seemed to serve the same meal every lunchtime and evening with very little variety although I would reccomend the outside grill, the grilled fish was very good. There was very little in the way of local arabic food which for us was very dissapointing. Breakfast was good, with a good selection on offer including a chef that would make eggs anyway you wanted them.
The pools were good with the childrens pool heated. Now the downside, you will be pestered every half hour by people trying to sell Massages, boat trips, hair braiding and tattoos. Saying no thank you doesn't put them off easily. Why cannot the hotel put a list of these services in the room with prices and let the guests decide instead of being pestered at the pool when trying to relax. By the way if you book with "Pirates", especially boat trips, get the guy to write down exactly what you will get. We wasted a day with them on a trip that should have included four small islands and dolphins, as well as safe snorkelling. What we got was very different, two 20 minute snorkelling dives in places that were not safe, and one island for 45mins that was crowded and not one of the ones we were told we would visit. We have a 3 year old, no life jacket was offered and I didn't see any childrens ones on the boat. On return I and another family complained, each getting half our money back. The people selling these trips by the pool are on commission so will say anything to get your money, beware.
The towel system is very good except one of the towel boys asks for money in return for putting towels on sun beds. He was a bit of a nuisance over this. By the way, the beach is rock hard, our three year old was very dissapointed as she couldn't build sand castles!
Go into Hurghada at your own risk, the hotel taxi is a rip off, with th edriver we had, constantly smoking and talking on his phone. Despite paying the hotel up front our driver again asked for money - constantly. If you get a taxi outside the hotel they are cheaper but you will be pestered constantly by guys that drive two old estate cars parked the other side of security, only use marked taxis and make sure you negotiate the price first and ask him for his licence number incase of problems with him later. The tourist police come down hard on the bad taxi drivers.
The hotel is full of Russians, a minority bad mannered, I strongly feel that it is to them that the hotel caters for, both in the Russians taste for food and ammenities on offer. The hotel should remember that other nationalities are also staying with them. Now my wife is Russian so I can see both sides, I also speak and read Russian etc and I am British. For me it wasn't a problem as I understand the Russian mentality. It is not in their nature or custom to say please and thank you for everything. They will push in if they feel you are not moving in the queue as you should, that is what they do in Russia. The reason they are here in Hurghada in large numbers is because it is one of the few countries they can travel to where they can get a Visa on arrival, Turkey is another popular destination as is Cyprus. To travel to Europe they need to travel to moscow to visit a European countries embassy, this entails huge expense and a lot of time travelling with no guarantee they will get a Visa at the end of the day. They would like to travel to Europe but without the Visa guarantees the Russian tour operators generally offer only Egypt, Turkey, Cyprus, Tunisia and one or two other places without the strict European Visa regime. We are lucky with European passports, as we can freely travel, Russians cannot, so please show a little patience and understand they have a very different culture. My wife speaks English and made some good friends on holiday, not all Russian are bad.
I would recomend this hotel to our Russian friends but not as a Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
hilton_longbeach, Hotel General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Firstly on a positive note, many thanks for your kind words regarding room cleanliness, breakfast experience, pool facility and towel system. I will share your compliments with our team members.

On the otherhand, I was very much concerned to note that your overall experience at the hotel was not up to your total satisfaction. Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay with us.

I have taken notes of your detailed feedback / comments and will share them with our team members for further improvement.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Hurghada Long Beach and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Kamel Ajami
Hilton Hurghada Long Beach
hurghada.longbeach@hilton.com
+ 65 3461500

Reviewed November 17, 2009

After a lovely holiday in a Hilton in Jamaica, frequent stays at the Cardiff Hilton and this years hopeful stay again at the Vilamoura Hilton in Portugal, we thought that all Hiltons would be to the same standard! Boy were we wrong!! We are now debating whether or not to use Hilton again for our family holiday.

Firstly: Not the Hiltons fault but - WAY too many Russians! I would say 96% and they were all so so rude! pushing in and no manners what so ever! at first I got embarrassed when my husband told them to get to the back of the queue but after 3 days of it I was the one acting like a Russian and sticking up for myself and two small children! I hate going to places that are full of Brits but I couldn't wait to hear an english accent!

Secondly: Fed up of the 'money money money' the staff always wanted tipping!! ...

The pool attendant told us that we didn't need to use the towel cards that the hotel had given us, just go to him and he will give us the towels 'I sort you out, you sort me out'? why do we need to pay for a service we have already paid for?!?!

Thirdly: My husband is a sportsman, so every holiday we get (which is rare) he likes to treat himself to a few massages. He booked 9 in total for our 7 day stay, 6 for him and 3 for me. This cost £420 so we expected it them to be good! ?!?!? But still everyday someone would come round and pester us to have a massage, they didn't believe we had any booked! Every day we had to say the same thing and they just looked at us as if we were lying!

My first massage was the Aroma Relaxing Massage. Normally when I've had massages in the past, I have been in a room on my own, calm, relaxing and have left feeling amazing..At this hotel I shared a room with a Russian man, German man and another lady (probably Russian) and obviously the masseurs..The masseurs talked to each other all the way through. The room was next to the beauty salon and the door was left open, so everyone passing could see in and see practically everyone naked! It was the most unrelaxed I have ever been, I couldn' wait to get out of the room and shower.. This is not what I paid for. As I was leaving, again, I was told that the only reason the masseur was here was for money and if I could tip, HE would be very gratefull! I had walked in with a lady and they had swapped half way through!!!!! I was devastated! My husband also had the same experience, sharing his massages with 3 other people and staff and the constant nattering of the masseurs.

Fourthly: We decided (for some stupid reason) to venture into Hurghada town for the evening.. Big Mistake! We paid for the taxi at the Hilton got in the taxi and the taxi driver (employed by the Hilton) tried to get us to pay for the taxi again, saying that he doesn't get paid by the Hilton?

Fifthly: The food was very very poor. I ended up eating beef and rice twice a day all week! The choice of food was terrible! Practically the same everyday!
Breakfast was O.K. I guess?

And lastly: The housekeeper was lovely! we left a very nice tip, he was always happy and always did his best to make sure the room was to standard, he even folded our pyjamas and placed flowers on the children's teddies.

I would recommend this hotel to someone if it wasn't classed as a Hilton, you wouldn't have the same expectations, I would also only probably recommend it to my Russian friend (who I met in the Hilton Long Beach Hotel!!)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank popsFrance
hilton_longbeach, Hotel General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2009

Dear Guest:

Firstly on a positive note, many thanks for your kind words regarding the houseman performance, I will share your compliments with the Housekeeping Department.

I am concerned to note that your overall experience at the hotel was not up to your expectations. Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay with us.

I have taken notes of your detailed comments for further investigation and kindly rest assured that necessary corrective measures will be taken immediately according to Hilton standards.

Regarding nationality of guests. I appreciate your understanding that controlling some guests' manners is sometimes beyond our control, however if we notice any unusual behavior, action is taken on the spot.

I also would like to highlight that the nationality of guest mix during the period of your stay was a mix between nationalities such as German, French, Russian, Poland to name a few. Also please note that all Hurghada hotels have a considerable percentage of Russian guests as well.

I have noted your comment about the food on board and our Executive Chef and his team are constantly making the necessary changes to ensure our food is up to standards.

Kamel Ajami
Hilton Hurghada Long Beach
hurghada.longbeach@hilton.com
+ 65 3461500

Reviewed November 10, 2009

I have stayed at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach twice: in April, 2007 & in January, 2009. And though I prefer more exotic & faraway destinations, sometimes I just don't have the time or enough money, but want to take some time off for a quick getaway. And for that Hilton Hurghada Long Beach is perfect! Would go there for the third time without any doubts.
The territory of the hotel is very nice & clean, not to mention big. It's great for walking and jogging in the nice fresh air of the desert. The location is fine - far away from the hustle & bustle, very calm.
The only serious drawback regarding the territory is the beach. While it's really long (as follows from the hotel's name) & someway picturesque, it's not sandy (more like concrete or something). Plus, the sea there is not good for swimming: very shallow with lots of stones on the bottom.
The pools are totally great though! So I used to hang out by the pools most of the time, not on the beach.
The rooms are very comfortable, spacious & fully equipped. I recommend to get a room in the outstanding villas, which are very beautiful, but not in the main building (the main building is noisy, smelling with food & the corridors do reminisce a hospital).
The all inclusive system & the food are quite decent (nothing particularly exquisite, but still tasty & fresh). The breakfasts are in fact really good, especially loved the pastry.
The bars are okay, though beware of the super-high prices on imported alcoholic drinks (I mean, $25 for a double Bailey's, seriously?) The local drinks are not so good, but the beer is quite alright.
The staff is very friendly & polite, always eager to help. As for the abundance of Russian tourists, most of them behave themselves not better or worse than the average British or German tourists, and though some rude Russian people can be a nuisance in Hurghada, they are still not the majority there.
The general atmosphere of Hilton Hurghada Long Beach is very friendly & cozy, somewhat soothing & relaxing. Both my stays there left only good memories in my heart.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple