“Excellent place for vacation”

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Ranked #83 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I really liked this hotel, it's us huge and full with visitors, and yet it never too crowded, something that is always a problem in other hotels I've been. The food and service is great, you have all kinds of different kinds of food, so if you are not used to their meals you can have some European or American dish. It's always and totally clean, it's near the city, you can call a cab that can take you to the city, and the ride is very cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your experience.

It feels great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your appreciative comments on our rooms, friendliness of our staff, the quiet swimming pool and the facilities of our resort.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in your home country for another enjoyable stay.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I take this opportunity to thank M/s Hilton Management for the great hospitality we had during our stay. i think four nights stay in the hotel is NOT enough to have full experience of all the facilities which the hotel has. indeed i will recommend Hilton long beach for my friends. Regards Ehab Adam

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ehab A
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor and for recommending our services & facilities. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is good to know you had a great stay with us and that we succeeded to exceed your expectations! I will certainly share your encouraging feedback with my team and I am sure they will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The first time we were in Egypt and certainly not the last. The sea is beautiful, one of the most beautiful. As far as the Egyptians are very pesky but we are used to ... make recommendations all the time at the hotel in the city to see what specifically does. As far as the hotel we are very pleased with the hotel is older but definitely nice, everything is clean, quiet, the food is good for the price, the rooms are lovely, pools great ... the beach is not very good, you can not be a special swim, but because there are two lagoons for a refresh as well as from which you can directly go to the deep and there is too beautiful coral reef around which you can swim and observe the beautiful little fish. The hotel would be bored there's no animation, they make holidays more interesting and entertain guests with its charm. A particularly praised for animators Philip he is the best, most interesting, with him every day, we danced in the pool aqua aerobics, playing water polo, beach sand, really deserves praise. Filipe only forward!I have to mention Bob and Papa also very interesting. We are very pleased and barks again. Goodbye!

Room Tip: A Family Complex is the best!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful feedback and for recommending our resort to readers. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and to know that our services and facilities were to your liking.

Thank you for praising our animation team, rest assured I will share your review with them.

We look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My review is meant to be informative and descriptive in what we found at the hotel and in no way disrespectful to any other guests reviews and I make no apologies for the content length.

In summary this hotel is only a "Hilton" by name! However, the staff at the Hilton have to be the most attentive, friendly and helpful people we have ever met. Without their staff, our two week stay would have been a real struggle and may have forced us to fly home before the conclusion of the two weeks?

On arrival which was at around 21:30 hours we checked in with relative ease and were informed that a late evening meal was available in the Lotus restaurant. On entering the Lotus our initial thoughts were that it wasn't very clean and looked like a school canteen. When we approached the buffet area there were only small rolls available with a serving of salad that looked like it had wilted and small pieces of dried meat. (We never visited this restaurant during our two week stay)

Having travelled all day we decided to seek out somewhere to get a drink, we were told we could get a drink at the Aqua bar, however the all inclusive ended at midnight!
On arrival at the very busy Aqua bar I joined the very long queue and noted that the drinks were served in very small plastic cups. When my turn arrived to be served I requested 4 beers trying to avoid having to queue again, as two mouthfuls would have emptied each cup. I was asked by the bar staff how many guests were in my party, after explaining there were only two of us, the bartender tried to tell me we could only have one each at any one time.
I explained I wasn't prepared to keep joining the long queue for two mouthfuls of beer and requested to speak with a manager. The bartender reluctantly allowed me to take the 4 drinks away as perhaps he didn't want the hassle?

Whilst enjoying the beer we approached a member of staff (Reda) who was extremely informative and very helpful after we made reference to the small plastic cups and that we felt that the Hilton were treating their guests like children. Reda directed us to a seat outside and proceeded to serve us pint glasses of beer for the remainder of that evening.

The following morning we ventured out for breakfast and noted that this was served in one of two restaurants, the Lotus and Aldente restaurants. Having had the experience of the Lotus the night before we made the choice to eat at the Aldente restaurant as we presumed this couldn't be any worse than the Lotus?

First impressions concluded that we had made the correct choice, however we recognised that both of these restaurants were like cattle markets and it was a fight to get a table each morning before standing in the poorly organised queue for the chef to cook your omelette or eggs.
The queue was directly adjacent to the serving area for the various other foods on offer (sausages, tomatoes, scramble eggs etc)
This wasn't ideal, as you stood in the queue people were forever pushing and shoving to get past you, to get these foods.
Perhaps a simple layout change needs to be looked at to prevent the frustrations of other guests?

Throughout our stay we ate at the Aldente for breakfast every morning and being English we ate the typical omelette or eggs each morning. On a couple of occasions, we had to return the eggs or omelettes as these were not thoroughly cooked to the disgust of the chef! As a qualified chef, I can only presume he is aware that uncooked eggs can and will cause salmonella poisoning, however he wasn't impressed when we constantly returned the uncooked items.

During one morning in the restaurant I kept getting bumped and bashed by an ignorant guests at the table, seeing my frustration the manager approached me and asked if I wanted to move my table forward to prevent any further issues.
When the table was moved forward I was left at little uneasy as the floor area where the table had sat originally was filthy and extremely dirty. Even though I had footwear on, I couldn't bring myself to put my feet on the floor! (I'm no snob, however, I expect certain standards to be met and unfortunately, these were just not there)

During many of the mornings, the staff allowed young children to scream, run up and down the restaurant, climb all over the furniture and at one point allowed a young child to drive an electric powered go-cart up and down the restaurant even getting out of his way to allow him to reach the other end! This was shocking to say the least, as an accident was just waiting to happen!

Our first morning at the hotel was spent at the main building swimming pool, which is huge and there wasn't any issues getting a bed by the pool. Unfortunately, we didn't have any young children with us, so this made staying at this pool a little unbearable. We are not against children, however when yours have grown up and you want a little peace and quite.

We were informed there was a quite pool for adults only at the back of the Aqua bar and we used this every day, as 99% of the time it was ideal for just relaxing by the pool.
On one occasion the quite pool turned rather unruly when 8 guys came to the pool area completely drunk and very disrespectful to not only the other guests, however to the staff on duty.

Security were requested to attend on two occasions by the staff on duty, however failed to show. It was only when we went and complained to the senior desk manager that security turned up, who then proceeded to request these louts move to another area of the hotel. Unfortunately, it was as if the security guys were frightened and didn't want to carry out their duties?

The quite pool attendant, Faisal was always on the go, cleaning, mopping the floor, cleaning the pool and always trying to please the many guests who arrived at the pool. Again this guy was and is a credit to the Hilton. always smiling and being helpful, nothing was to much trouble for him.

On the afternoon we ate at the Al-a-Carte restaurant "The Podium" Of an evening long pants (trousers) had to be worn, however during the afternoon there wasn't a dress code.
Although it is an Al-a-Carte this only applies to the evening meal and during the afternoon a cold and hot buffet was provided, unless you wanted something specific, in which case the chef's were only to happy to cook for you.

The service in the Podium is second to none and Hesham and his staff (Ahmed) were really impressive and very attentive. We ate here everyday during our stay and cannot fault any meal that we ate.
The cleanliness of this restaurant and standard of food is to be applauded and we would recommend this is the place for every meal time. (It's a pity it doesn't serve breakfast, as we would have had all our meals there)

Unfortunately, you are only allowed one visit to the Podium for an evening meal during your entire stay, however, after expressing my dislike for the other two buffet styled restaurants, we were informed that we could eat there every night. My appreciations to the management are expressed here as we would have both struggled had we not been given the choice to eat here every night.

The dress code for the Al-a-Carte Podium restaurant as stated earlier, is long pants (trousers) for men. This was observed by the majority of the guests, however on two occasions we were aware that certain gentlemen did not or would not abide by this ruling. Unfortunately, this was overlooked by the management of the Podium to the frustration of others who were forced to wear long pants.

The evening meals were from a set menu that was changed every night, however, if there wasn't anything on the menu that you liked, the chef's were more than happy to cook anything that you wanted. We never actually had this problem, as there was enough to choose from on the menu every night we ate there.

If you were lucky, on certain nights you were treated to a guy playing the piano and the soft music he played, was a joy to listen too.

On the evening's the entertainment was minimal, if any at all? Unfortunately, for the size of the hotel complex this is a big let down and very disappointing.

During our stay we were informed that the hotel was full and of the 1200 rooms on site, only 5 were taken by British families, therefore after meal times all you had to do was sit either outside the Aqua bar and talk to each other or use the Vienna bar that is located in the main building?

The Vienna bar unfortunately is a paid only bar after 19:00 hours, however, if you can gain VIP status you are not required to pay for your drinks. As you probably guessed we were afforded VIP status and enjoyed some good nights in the bar with TOP man "Magdy" the manager of the bar and his incredible staff.
If you like a good coffee, then this is the only place to go, however, the beer was also very good in the bar and was served in proper "pint" glasses!

The room we stayed in was similar to most holiday hotel complexes that we have stayed in, basic but clean. You only get one bottle (1.5 ltr) bottle of water per day and two sachets of coffee, therefore, take your own as we did.
There is a free safe in the room which is a benefit when holding your passports and valuables.
The air con is extremely useful and can be left on all day whilst your out of the room. There is also the basics of a kettle, iron, ironing board and hair dryer.

The transfer from the airport is approximately 20/30 minutes away as the hotel is the furthest away from the airport?

When at the airport you have to pay for a visa and this should be £15:00 however, be careful as the holiday reps con you into joining a queue that is manned by the reps and inform you that the price was raised to £20:00 in May of this year. This is totally untrue and paying anymore than £15:00 and you are being ripped off.
When entering the area where you have to pay the Visa charge, go directly to the counter on your left hand side and pay directly to the bank. If you are told by the reps that you should have paid them directly just ignore them and don't allow them to intimidate you!
This should be investigated by the Egyptian authorities as this will ultimately stop the Brits going back to visit this part of the country!

The Wi-Fi at the hotel is extremely expensive (60 Egyptian pounds daily or 350 for the week) and I was always chasing a signal. Having explained my frustrations at the inability to hold a constant signal, the hotel wavered the charge for the Wi-Fi. I appreciate that the Wi-Fi in the hotel is operated by an outside company, however for the price that is charged it needs to be reliable and value for money!

I made various complaints to the hotel management whilst I was there during my stay and to be fair to them, the majority of the complaints were sorted out.
I am not normally a person that likes or wants to complain, however, when you pay good money for your annual holiday, I expect a little more for my money.

With the amount of complaints I made, I was known by the management staff as "Mr Dave" room 164!

In my overall summary, this hotel is more like a 3 star hotel and they need to look at attracting future British guests by providing more. I'd be only to happy to discuss what the hotel could do to make the changes to attract more guests.

One major selling point for the hotel, are the staff and without them we would have endured a long 2-week stay, therefore I would like to pass on my thanks to the following people who went out of their way to help us make the most of our stay.

Vienna bar - Magdy and his staff
Aqua bar - Reda
Podium - Hesham and his staff
Aldente - Mohamed Ali
Aqua pool - Faisal

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Davesport1967
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I will personally relay your appreciative words to everyone mentioned in your feedback who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Indeed, our staff are our asset and they are doing a great job of welcoming and offering personal attention to each guest.

I have personally taken up the content of your feedback with the concerned Heads of Departments for investigation and to ensure that corrective measures are immediately taken.

I noted your comments regarding the food & beverage experience on board, and our Food & Beverage teams are continuously taking the necessary actions to ensure standards are met. We are also in the process of reviewing all our menus to increase variety and quality.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would value the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon to present the hotel in a better light. Should we convince you to return please contact me so that I can personally ensure you are well looked after.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Hurghada Long Beach and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My first stay in Hurghada, after previously staying inn Sharm. My friend and I where pre warned after booking that very little English stay in Hurghada. After the first 6 days we where the only English in the entire hotel. However, a holiday is what you make it & this didn't affect us too much.
The food is good. However, it was very repetitive. Also, watch out If your a veggie. Its more of a guess! On two occasions I ended up eating meat. After all, 'green beans in tomato sauce' doesn't really give much away. The servers; however are great. Always smiley, kind & chatty.
The Aqua Bar/Lounge is nice in the evening. Mustafa is definite credit to the establishment and we continued to drink there each evening due to his hospitality.
You have to pay for the wifi, its slow & unreliable.
The rooms are spacious, clean & looked after daily.
Wifi - You have to pay and the connection is slow and not reliable.
Finally, The Animation team are great, especially Meemo, Filip & Valentyn!! They most definitely added to our holiday. They are happy, funny & try to keep you involved in all activities.
They also perform dance, comedy shows etc in the evening. Mamma Mia was my favourite :) I think the hotel is probably more suited for families & couples rather than two friends but never the less we had fun. Thanks Guys :D

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to receive your positive feedback highlighting positive areas as well as the ones that need improvement.Kindly rest assured that I have forwarded your feedback to the concerned Heads of Departments, for their immediate attention and necessary actions where applicable.

Once again, thank you and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, and in the meantime, happy travelling.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Its the second time for me to go to hilton hurghada really i enjoyed this vacatiob so much thanks to the team and for every thing and especially to the animation team and the magician also the food at pebbles restaurant was so good thank you

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Galal K

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and had a lovely holiday. It is encouraging to read your appreciative comments on the hotel overall services & facilities and the hotel animation team, it is indeed a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as yours

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back for more enjoyable stays.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Fantastic place to spend your holiday far from the city center, crowd and haste. A large area of the property makes a person feel really free. Cosy villas, very clean rooms made me feel like at home. The best idea I experienced was the quiet swimming pool (available for adults only) - perfect for reading books, relaxing, resting. Very good food, professional service, helpful workers, beatiful and clean area, large beach, lots of free space - kind of a paradie on the Earth :)

Room Tip: Villas are perfect
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Best regards