“3 wonderful weeks at the hotel”

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Ranked #88 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been to Hilton longbeach hurghada every year with my mum and dad for 9 years this being the 9th and over that time it has steadily grown to excellent service all round you take the rough with the smooth if you are polite to all staff they will help you out no matter what the problem. my thanks to chef ahmed and his team at the podium excellent food well presented and served at the highest order to magdi, omar, mohammed, remy. at the Vienna bar, you are all wonderful keep up the good work, and to reda at the pool bar and aqua bar it was nice to see you again and a big thank you to everyone at the front desk for making our stay such a wonderful experience once again and very big thank you to all those who helped my dad out with his medical problem you know who you are and we are eternally grateful. Sorry if I have left any one out but please pass on my thanks to everyone for a great holiday.

And to the pirates diving network just what to say a big thank you for a fantastic 2 days of diving I really enjoyed it and hope to see you in the bubbles some time soon. If you ever want to go diving I would recommend going with the pirates network as they are a bunch of great people and you get to see alot of different types of fish.

The animation team such great laugh, getting everyone up and dancing in the evening and making everyone laugh keep up the great work.

• Stayed: July 2013
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for reviewing your 9th stay at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort and for your recommendation. We are so pleased to know that you had a great holiday! We couldn’t have asked for a more positive review.

As we read, you virtually enjoyed each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere, it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know.

Many thanks for your encouraging words about our Podium restaurant; it is indeed a great addition to our services & facilities.

It is very kind of you to recognize our team and their hard work. I will share your comments with them. I too am very proud of how our team members provide service, smiling and comfort to all our guests.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again for another enjoyable stay.

Sincerely yours,

Michail Michail

Write a ReviewReviews (4,230)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very nice and decent hotel that has a very good service that is delightful and especially in the bar at the main pool and the beach where there are animators who are also cool. In general it was interesting and interesting.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort! We are so pleased to read your encouraging review about the quality of service provided.

Glad to read your appreciative comments, I will definitely share them with my team.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed in The Hilton from 5th Aug - 19th Aug with a family of 4, 2Adults and 2 chrilred 3&6.

On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and very quick to get me into my accomodation, which in itself is very good after a long flight the last thing you want is to be waiting about to get room keys.

We were shown to our villa, which was out of the way over looking the beach, the villa itself needs updating. the kids bedroom only had 1 blackout curtain but had 4 windows.
The bathroom and little dirty - but this is just due to the age.
It had a TV, Ipod connection on the radio, iron. Don't really need much more as I was not here to spend time in my room.

The Pool - There are 6 pools, the main pool is 3 pools interconnected by lanes, which was very good for the kids as both my kids could stand up in the lanes. The pools themself could do with a clean, when swimming with mask/goggles on you can see how dirty the water actually is. The pool by the aqua bar is adults only and looked alot cleaner, but cannot confirm as we did not venture to this or the pool near the top of the complex or the family pool. The pool bars were as you would expect from a pool bar. You might have to go between bars though as the main pool bar ran out of all drinks while we were there. snacks provided were chips (about 5) and a hotdog

The Beach - We thought the beach was excellent, the kids could play and high or low tide. They were able to snorkle in the shallow reefs and even able to go off the pier, be it with a little help from myself. The Beach bars are the same as the pool bars but a little less crowded. they served hotdogs and burgers, the burgers were very nice indeed.

Both the pool and beach had ample beds, you could come any time during the day and always fine a bed.

The Restaurants - Breakfast would be the usualy everything and any thing, if you cannot find something you like then you must look at yourself. The staff were always around and would help you with anything if asked.
We had dinner in the Podium restaurant for 90% of the holiday, this is by far the best place in the hotel, the staff (Hesham & Akhmed and the rest) are super helpful, the food is amazing and it is like eating out at a nice fancy restaurant everynight.

Animation Team - did not really see much of them, they would walk by the pool shouting a few things, but not the usually friendly team you would expect.
The kids show starts at 8:30 and last till 9, you then have to sit around for 45minutes before the show actually gets under way. We only stayed for one show as the kids would be tired from a hard day and not want to be up till 11pm everynight.

Trips - we went on banana boat, hired a boat for snorkeling and fishing, aqua park, wakeboarding and parasailing. all were booked though the aqua centre on the beach and all were excellent, but by far the best was the hire of the boat, our guild was excellent in everyway.

Ice Cream - the kids can only get ice cream between 12-1 and 3:30 - 5. this is uppose to be an all inclusive holiday and to limit the time they can get ice cream of all things is very strange.
The main lobby bar would stop being all inclusive at 6pm and again move over to pay only. some drinks provided at 5:55 then charged for them 5 minutes later. Not good.
WIFI - what age are we living in when we are still getting charged to use wifi.

There are very few english here, we had no problem with staff or other guests and we like to have the mix between cultures, but as said this is mainly Russian and Egyptian

This is not a english 5* hotel, it is a egyptian 5* which would make it about a 3*. I would expect more from a Hilton, but with the sun out and 45 degrees and everyone able to relax all was good

Room Tip: my tip is give a little tip to the staff and be friendly and everything runs alot smoother
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort with your family and for posting a review on TripAdvisor website.

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding the fast check-in process and your breakfast experience. We are glad to read that you found our beach excellent for your kids to play and snorkel.

It is very encouraging as well to know that your experience at our Podium Restaurant was a pleasant one. I will certainly share your appreciation words with our Podium team and I know how much they will be delighted to hear them.

I am happy also to note that your room amenities were up to your satisfaction, I am sure you loved the magnificent view of the sea as well. Concerning your feedback about the condition of your bathroom and villa facade, I would like to let you know that we are following, on yearly basis, a hotel refurbishment program, which will bring our facilities in line with Hilton's new brand standards.

I have relayed your remarks about the drinks and snacks in the main pool bar to our Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef for their attention and corrective measures.

We have taken your feedback about the cleanliness of the main pool, and our Senior Team is taking the proper actions to ensure standards are consistently met.

Following your comments about our animation, I have shared them with our Recreation Manager to prevent this from happening with other guests in the future.

Kindly rest assured that your remarks about our all inclusive policy in regards with ice-cream and lobby bar timing will be taken into consideration for further improvement.

Once again, thank you and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort for another enjoyable family summer holiday.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Bad level I was not expecting from Hilton. some rooms was terrible. food was very bad and the menu was very poor. some times the food was spoiled !!! the staff was trying to be kind and helpful !! I do not think I could go there again !!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us. We greatly value every bit of feedback we receive.

I am pleased to read your positive review regarding our staff being kind and helpful.

On another note, I am sorry to hear that our standards offered did not meet with your expectations. This should not have been the case and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have shared your remarks about the quality and variety of food with my Kitchen Team for further improvement. However I was concerned to read that you found the food sometimes spoiled! I would like to assure you that the hotel follows the principles of hygiene guidelines in line with local and national food hygiene regulations and receives inspection from local authority officials.

We greatly appreciate your review and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Once again, thank you for your time and I look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort at some point in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

it`s my first visit to this hotel first day was so horrible by 3 persons (ahmed houseman was so ugly ..never smile)2nd was (omil on beach bar was so violent with guest and staff also and never show me caring he just care for who pay for him and insult in arabic) 3rd was (fathi sales man for aqua centre was so obtrusive
On the contrary,3 persons also made my day many times ..first (mr.abdallah the imanager of loutas restaurant was very very
warm-hearted) 2nd was (mohamed magdy the barman at aqua bar he is so friendly , cheerful and always smile) ..3rd was (the best coctail maker i ever seen mohamed nady at pool bar ..i love beer so much ..but this clever barman made my day evry day by his

various & marvelous coctails until i fogotten beer) over all the hotel just belong to hilton international at name ..hilton long beach

Room Tip: rooms at main building the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort.

It is very kind of you to recognize some of our team. I will share your comments with them and I am confident they will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been appreciated.

On another note, I am sorry to read that the attitude of some personnel did not meet your satisfaction. I have discussed this matter further with our Training Department who will take immediate corrective measures with all the team in order to avoid similar feedback in the future.

Thanks again for your kind review and we really hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed August 20, 2013

have been to Hilton longbeach hurghada every year for 9 years this being the 9th over that time it has steadily grown to excellent service all round you take the rough with the smooth if you are polite to all staff they will help you out no matter what the problem. my thanks to chef ahmed and his team at the podium excellent food well presented and served at the highest order to magdi, omar, mohammed, remy. at the Vienna bar, you are all wonderful keep up the good work, to reda at the pool bar and aqua bar it was nice to see you again sorry we didn't get chance to say good bye to haytham affifi at the front desk your concern was much appreciated you are a friend. and on a final note my very big thanks to all those who helped me out with my medical problem you know who you are I am eternally grateful. hope to see you all next year, sorry if I have left any one out but please pass on my thanks to everyone for a great holiday

Dear Guest,

I hope you are feeling much better.

I would like to personally thank you for choosing again our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us, we couldn’t have asked for a more positive review. I am pleased you have noticed the improvement that took place in our resort comparing to previous visits and it was, most importantly, up to your satisfaction.

I will personally relay your appreciative words to everyone mentioned in your feedback who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Indeed, our staff is our asset and they are doing a great job of welcoming and offering personal attention to each guest.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have just returned back after staying at the Hilton Long Beach in – as a family of 5 we had a great time visiting Hurghada and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday

Last year we visited Sharm and on comparison Hurghada is a lot quieter with nice sandy beaches – makes it great for both building sand castles and snorkeling

The hotel is very nice, the complex is big with over 900 rooms available, 6 swimming pools and ample sun beds both by the pool side and at the nearby beach (2 minute walk)
The staff very great and always willing to help – if you treat them as “people” and show them a little courtesy then this is will go far…

A point for the HOTEL MANAGER - The Hotel has shops within it and my only gripe is that the shopkeepers insist on standing at the door staring at you as you walk by or persistently trying to entice you in… leave guests ALONE really no need for this at all

We had 2 rooms in the main hotel (overlooking the Pool and Beach) – if you can then this is where you should opt to stay (…avoid the Villa’s…) Rooms were clean and very comfortable (on arrival the mini bar in one of the rooms was no working but fixed within 10 minutes…)

The resort has many guests coming from all over – I would say that its mainly Russian and Egytptian - this really made no difference as everyone speaks English and we were able to mingle with many different people and enjoyed the social aspect during our stay

Hotel Taxi – be careful…the chap we hired (who sat at the front desk) took us to a trip to Hurghada down town and insisted that he stopped at his “Friends” shop called RAMSES where we were met by a guy call Yousef….after about 45 mins trying to get away from his 3 shops and poor sales technique we managed to then shop around the Town. By the way the Driver also insisted that he picked us up from the same spot so we had to endure a second load of Yousef before we finally got away. Hotel must take note of this as it can spoil the day trip.

The Podium Restaurant – we were lucky enough to eat here every evening (A big thank you to Ibrahim), the restaurant is very good, clean and well managed by the team. The food was very nice and we got to meet/chat with the Head Chef – Ahmed who was delightful guy and took care of us. We also met Hersham who was our waiter on a number of occasions and was fantastic and caring. The restaurant has a “show” kitchen so you can see your food being made …… highly recommended and you must take the time to visit/eat here, a credit to the Hotel

Animation Team – what a great group of people! they really work hard for long hours each day, all the team are amazing with a special mention to Arsen “Johnny” and Kristina who were both such lovely people, the kids loved being with them and they made our holiday worth while

Great place to visit .... Overall had a great holiday

Room Tip: Try and stay in the main building
2  Thank B V
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you for such a positive review through TripAdvisor website about your recent stay at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great holiday with us and you found our resort a great place to visit, and your room was clean and very comfortable.

It is indeed a relief to read your appreciative words about the helpfulness and positive attitude of our team at the hotel. I will certainly share your comments with them, who I know will all be pleased to hear that their efforts have been appreciated.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your evenings in our Podium Restaurant and had nice meals with the very special treat of our team there. This restaurant is a great addition to our services and facilities. Our staff does indeed a great job of welcoming and offering personal attention to each guest, thank you for writing such kind and encouraging words about their performance.

It is very kind of you also to recognize our animation team and their hard work. I will personally thank them for keeping you entertained throughout your stay.

On a different note, I have noted with concern your remarks about salesmen and taxi service and passed them to our Security Manager to take the appropriate action. I would like to clarify that such services are provided by a third party and not operated by Hilton, however, please accept our sincere apologies for any annoyance this may have caused you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future!