“My best time in Egypt”

Ranked #79 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Minsk, Minsk, Belarus
“My best time in Egypt”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Dear people! I just want to say that every person choose the place for having rest with very different wishes and views. It really depends on what you want to get from the time you have holiday. But as for me, my time in this hotel was really amasing. I met it twice - the first time was in October and second - in December. And i think that if i come to Hurghada one more time I wouldn't change my choise of this place. Thanks to manager, to animation team, to nice people working on the beach, in the restaurants. By the way..about restaurants... We had one evening in the restaurant Podium when were in the hotel second time. It was an excellent evening from the beginning when the manager of restaurant Mr. Sherif met us coming into. Delicious food, professional cook and waiters and even very friendly and comfortable atmospere there made my mood very nice. Thanks for your big job - I can imagine how it's difficult to do your business, but your team is really nice! THANKS A LOT for everything!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort.

We are so delighted to read it was your best time in Egypt . Many thanks for your appreciative comments on the hotel overall services & facilities, it is indeed a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as yours.

Once again thank you and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort.

Michail Michail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

First we got a room far away from the beach and we asked for another one which is closer to the beach. This time we got a 3 times bigger room with perfect view and location. The meals were really great! We didn't get diarrhea :D The room service is also good. The only problem was that, it was a little far from the city and you just couldn't go for a walk in the city. But there were some shops inside and outside the the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Attila L
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We are so delighted to read that you “enjoyed everything”. Many thanks for your appreciative comments on the hotel overall services & facilities, it is indeed a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as yours.

Port Said, Egypt
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Me and my bride went there at our honeymoon , you can say that hilton longbeach hotel was exactly what we been looking for in a hotel for our honeymoon ... A quite , elegant romantic spot in hurgada was perfect for our trip. i just want to thank everybody up there ; chefs , reception clerks , spa clerks.. i also want to thank mr haytham the reception manager and my friend mr mohamad saber quality manager for making my stay there very comfortable. i hope i can come real soon :)

Dr mina gaber
PortSaid

Room Tip: i was stayin at room 317 .. a beatiful quite room on the pool :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank minashenouda
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Dr. Mina Gaber,

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel. I would like first to congratulate you for your wedding wishing you all the best. I was delighted to read that you found in our resort exactly what you have been looking for in a hotel. Many thanks for your kind comments!

I will pass your thanks with a word of appreciation from my side to team members mentioned in your review and I am sure they will be encouraged.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Overall the resort and staff are nice and service-minded, and the sun, pools and beach (although very shallow waters) can’t be argued either. However, due to the very high (I’d guess 95%) number of Russian guests staying, the food and beverage outlets were below any normal standard. Likely, the food is targeted the Russian (low paying) guests and going for a meal requires aggressive behavior, patience, tolerance and a healthy stomach – as hygiene was equally horrible. Guests throwing cutlery into the chafing dishes, fights for cups and glasses at the drinking stations, a queuing culture a 2-year old could do better. Based on the guest mix and F&B mess, I would not recommend this hotel, or Hurgada as a destination to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank TripFeedbacker
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for your positive review regarding our staff, pools & beach services and facilities, and I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I have noted with concern your comment about the nationality of guests during your period of stay, and I would like to highlight that it was a mix between Russian, Egyptian, Swedish, Denmark, German & Dutch.

I would also like to strengthen the point that we, as an international hotel management chain, cater to all guests around the world,

And we do appreciate your understanding that the attitude of some guests, which is not connected to a particular nationality, is sometimes beyond our control. However we save no efforts in order to ensure our guests are enjoying their holidays with us.

We would value the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon to present the hotel in a better light. Should we convince you to return please contact me so that I can personally ensure you are well looked after.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Nice pool area, a really long beach, "some" friendly staff and nice atmosphere at the Podium restaurant..those were the good things there, while the rest of the experience wasn't that sufficient!
I checked in in more than two hours though I was there on time at 4 pm and I'm a current Premium Club member! I didn't like the food at all..and I was on all inclusive basis. No sheds for the parking area or any care from the valets there. It has a long beach but u have to walk for ages to reach a reasonable depth to swim. Small lobby and reception. Bad and uncomfortable mattresses and finally old furniture and tv..

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Majoju1975
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the time taken to write your personal feedback on this website.

It is good to read your positive review regarding our pool area facility, friendly staff and finally the Podium restaurant.

On another note, I am concerned to read that the rest of your stay experience “was not that sufficient.” This should not have been the case, and I am sorry for any inconvenience encountered.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to be able to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach at some point in the future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I just returned from short trip with my family. all of us enjoied very much. check in was very good and in minutes (after driving 6 hours!!!) our room was in family building. staff very proffessional and helpfull they doing their best to make every thing is easy. i'll come back in the midterm vacation....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AHelal
Dear Guest,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort and for recommending our hotel on this website!!

So glad you had an amazing trip, and we look forward to seeing you in the midterm holidays.

Thanks again for chossing us, safe travels.

Bridgnorth
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just returned from a week at this resort, our first time in Hurghada. Got off to a bad start, although check in was very good and efficient, we were taken to our room only to find it was totally flooded! I mean flooded! The room was on the first floor of the family block, would have been good, quite spacious, but there was a leak in the bathroom which we could hear and not see. It was obvious we would not be able to spend the night there. Not a good start, although to their credit the staff found us a room in the same block on the ground floor. This was ok at least for that night as we were tired from travelling, etc. The following morning we decided it was not for us; on the ground floor by the kids play area, no view, curtains had no blackout lining. We asked at reception to be moved to a first floor room and were offered one without a balcony. We were told to come back later and we could have a look. After looking around the resort (which is HUGE), we wondered why we had been put in the family block and so went back to reception and talked to Mohammed (supervisor) and asked if we could be moved to the main building. He was very helpful and after a few minutes asked us to pack our bags, leave outside the room and come back to reception. We did and we were given room 273 in the main building, first floor, balcony, sea view and black out curtains! A much better room and we were happy.

The pros: Large resort, well laid out with good well maintained gardens, lots of pools and plenty of beds (might be different in high season). Beach good, again plenty of beds, umbrellas and windbreaks. The water is warm and shallow and very clear, very calm, great for kids. The beach is kept clean. Holiday makers need to be more thoughtful about how they dispose of rubbish; it was sad to see all the plastic cups, bottles, etc washed up on the shore. There is an area of coral reef just off the jetty, we saw plenty of fish and coral. Please remember not to stand on the reef or break bits off. It takes a long time to grow back and the damage may be irreversible. Good location, very quiet on beach, stunning sunsets.

The cons: All inclusive seems poor value for money compared to similar hotels in Mexico, Dominican Republic. Little choice of alcoholic drinks, eg cocktails cost extra. Rooms have mini bar although all it contains is one bottle of water which gets replaced every day. No tea or coffee making facilities. Food average to poor. Restaurants (Al Dente and Lotus) are big and very noisy! Only ate in Al Dente first morning for breakfast. Cereals awful; bran flakes like cardboard. Good selection of fruit though and limited cooked items. Tea and coffee help your self. Some of the residents care little about disciplining their children, allowing them to run around disturbing other diners. One night a boy was going around the restaurant on his scooter! Not a good idea. Often queues for hot food, so you might find that by the time you sit down your meal is no longer hot. We ate in the Podium restaurant one night (first visit included, you can pay $5/person to eat there again). This made a nice change and was very pleasant, staff very attentive and food good, even had vegetarian choices. Bear in mind that you will need to pay for drinks, service charge, etc. Pool and beach bars served snacks from lunch time to early evening, usually french fries and hotdogs, burgers, these were pretty good. Never ate in the restaurants at lunch time, not that hungry! Good ice cream served at beach/pool bars.

Staff: Lots of staff, work really hard, some are miserable and some make a real effort to be friendly and helpful (these we tipped), you will get pestered on the beach around the pools, they are always trying to sell you spa treatments, trips, etc and it is hard to resist! We used the spa on three different occasions, I had the Paradise treatment which was lovely! Nadia was great! Although unlike the UK, there was no health questionnaire beforehand, nor any explanation of how the whole thing worked! Luckily I had used a spa in the UK before so knew what to expect. The spa area could do with some updating, especially the steam room which smelt of mould and this was evident too. It was reasonable value for money however. My husband wanted to use the squash court but was told this was not included in the AI package (was on my info!), however, there was never anyone around to open it for him anyway.
The purpose of our trip was for rest and relaxation so we weren't too bothered about trips, but we did book one through our rep; 4x4 to the bedouin village, this was great!

In conclusion, this hotel is rated 4*, but whilst it may have the facilities to enable this rating, it is lacking in some areas and really should do better. Not sure we would go here again, it wasn't our first choice but that was fully booked. Also worth noting, only noticed a couple of British families, most were Russian or Egyptian.

Tipping: try and get some small denomination notes, our bank only had 100 and 200 Egy £, too much for tipping unless you are loaded! Tip for good service and give directly to the person, not a third party.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building, above ground floor and with a sea view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank panyan1960
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the time taken to write your personal feedback on this website.

I am happy to read your positive feedback regarding the check in process, hotel landscape, beach & pool facilities and staff being friendly & helpful, I am glad to read that the room issue was sorted out up to your satisfaction.

It is very encouraging as well to know that your experience at the Podium restaurant was a pleasant one.

Kindly rest assured that I have taken notes of all your comments and will pass it with my team for necessary action and further improvement. Nevertheless, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience during your stay with us.