“Fantastic honeymoon in this hotel”

Mercure Hurghada Hotel
Ranked #20 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We arrived on the 14th July and was welcomed by Marley and Chloe who showed me and the husband around. Our room was amazin looking out to the sea. Our shower door was leaking so we told staff and the fixed it the next day. While we was there Marley organised meal as me and the husband was on honeymoon Marley organised another meal but we had to Cancile as I was not well but staff made me the tea that made me feel better and we had the meal on our last night. Staff are amazin always happy to help and really friendly. Me and the husband enjoyed the stay and talking about coming back. We like to thank the deputy manager, Marley and Chloe for making our stay perfect

• Stayed: July 2014
Atta E, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2014

Atta EL Dessouky

Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Well it's been a couple of weeks but here it is Went to the Mercure Hotel with my Best Mate for a lovely relaxing Holiday and that is exactly what we had , the Hotel staff were absolutely Brilliant and so helpful and friendly , And boy did they work hard , the room was fine and had a nice view ,The food was ok but heavy on the meat, (i'm a vegetarian and struggled to find variety ) the pool and beach area was beautiful , and there was always plenty of drink stations for cold drinks.
If I have one minor negative comment it is the amount of people constantly trying to get you to go on trips ! Take note Mercure ! Only one thing impacted on our holiday which was nothing to do with the hotel and that was how HORRENDOUS the departure lounge at Hurghada was , I will do a separate review for that !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank alliecatsax
Atta E, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review online.

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Mercure Hurghada and have appreciated the caring and hospitable team.

Mercure team is looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks (14th July - 28th July). The transfer from the airport took us around 30 minutes but this was because we had to stop off at another hotel first but the return transfer only took us 10 minutes. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by Marley and Chloe who showed us around the hotel, pointing out the restaurant and towel hut also explaining the opening times and other relevant information. 4 of us visited the hotel and we were given 2 rooms with connecting doors, 2104 and 2105. The rooms were cleaned every day with new towels and 2 bottles of water. The cleaner was very pleasant and polite and whenever he had the chance, he would make a towel animal in both rooms which was always a nice surprise. Whilst we were in Egypt, my mum and myself had a birthday and on both occasions we were given a cake and sung to by the waiters and staff working there.

I Would like to thank the chef that went out of his way to cook us some chicken as during our stay, they had a fish night in the restaurant and one member of our party is allergic to fish and the rest of us don't eat it. Would also like to thank Marley for speaking to the chef regarding this. Another thank you to the waiter, Esam Ahmed who was friendly and helpful to us throughout our stay and time in the restaurant. He is a credit to the hotel.

The animation team are wonderful and they seriously do make your holiday even better. They put on a variety of activities during the day including Water Polo, volleyball, Zumba, water gym and lots more! They don't pressure you to join in with the activities and they always have time to talk to you! The evening shows were also amazing with shows such as Greece and Mamma Mia being performed. I would like to thank Marley, Alex, Samba, Mamadou, Dino and the crazy Afro guy who never failed to make us laugh (sorry, I forgot your name). A personal thanks to Alex who was always talking to us and on many occasions managed to get us to join in with the daytime activities by tipping us off our sun beds or chasing us down the beach. We felt a part of the family and we miss you!

We never struggled to get a sun bed on the beach and we always managed to get the same spot as well. The Funfly team are wonderful and we did go out on the boat trip with them and swam with the dolphins along with Paragliding. Yasser is a wonderful guy who always talked to us and never pressured us to buy any excursions. The whole crew are friendly and we got along with them all. Also thank you to Go Wind who give out free windsurfing lessons. We did also go for a ride on Max the Camel otherwise known as Maxi Taxi, again they don't pressure you and if you say no they accept it.

The pool was never crowded and both the beach and pool bar had drinks available along with snacks on offer at the pool bar (chips, hot dogs, burgers and pizza).

The wifi isn't the best however it does allow you to check emails and any social networking sites if you need to.

The Thomson/Sky Tour rep, Mohamed was also very helpful. We would like to thank you for arranging the cake.

To end it all, the Mercure Hurghada is a wonderful hotel and we will definitely be going back to it in the future! One last thank you to Marley who was amazing and a wonderful guy, we really do miss you and the rest of the team! We were sad to have left. We recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Natalie H
Atta E, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Natalie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful holiday experience and for recommending Mercure Hughada to Tripadvisor readers.

I am extremely delighted to know that you have indulged yourselves with the exceptional benefits of Mercure Hurghada and have taken pleasure in our diversity and quality of services, activities and facilities as well as the team’s warmness and attentiveness.

With pleasure I shall convey your appreciation to the whole team with a special mention to those named in your review.

Mercure family is waiting for your return soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Me and my boyfriend are in our early 20s and stayed at this hotel for two weeks. (11th july - 25th july 2014) Our stay got off to a great start when we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by Marley (animation) and Cloe (Guest relation) they explained everything there was to know about the hotel and pointed out the pool, restaurants and where to get your towels from in the morning, they then took all the guests to their rooms. After 1 hour in the hotel we already knew we were going to enjoy our time there and the next two weeks didnt seem to fail us. The activities around the pool in the day included water polo, football, volleyball, zumba, water gym... Although i hardly participated because i preferred lying on my sunbed getting a tan, my boyfriend had a great time getting involved and meeting new people! I never felt hassled or under pressure by the animation team to get involved in the activities. The evening shows were the best shows ive seen in Egypt and ive been to Egypt quite a few times. The food is very nice especially the the fried apple dessert, although i wished theyd done them more often. The hotel is only 10 minutes drive from the airport and around the same to get into hurghada to the shops, restaurants and bars. I highly recommend visiting the Marina as its not so busy and noisy from all the cars constantly beeping at eachother! All of the animation team are very friendly, we really got on with Marley and Cloe and they were amazing to us! Any problems or queries we had theyd help us out and they even invited us out on their night off. They are lovely people and they are a massive credit to this hotel! The animation sometimes get people together on an evening and go clubbing into hurghada with the guests. We went on a wednesday night to little buddha and paid around £10 just for entry to the club but the animation team arranged a mini bus for us all to go there and get back, which was free. It was free drinks for girls all night which was great but not for my boyfriend who had to pay around £7/8 for a single vodka. We felt really safe in hurghada and in the night club! Also if your planning on doing any boat trips i highly recommend Funfly who are on thr beach of the hotel, we did a dolphin trip and a island trip with them and it was amazing, especially the dolphin trip!
We cant wait to come back, we are especially missing Marley and Cloe already!

Dear Sasha,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Hurghada for your recent trip to Egypt and for taking the time to post your kind feedback online and confirming Hurghada’s safety to Tripadvisor readers.

It fills my heart with joy to know that you have appreciated the warm welcome, caring team, varied activities and superb evening shows.

Surely, I shall transmit your gratitude to the whole team with a special mention to Cloe and Marley.

The entire team is looking forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at Mercure Hurghada with my girlfriend 11 nights between 10-21 of July 2014.

I must say it was a fantastic holiday,i read before the reviews from tripadvisor and i expected something good , but everything was much better than i thought.

We were a bit affraid that will be too hot for us outside,the weather was around 45-48 degree celsius but the air was totally different than in Europe...more dry and also a bit windy, really we had no problems at all..actually it was a pleasant weather for us,we could stay outside all day without any problems

The room was cleaned up every day,always fresh towels,every day we`ve got 2 new bottles of water ,we`ve got some sweet animals every day made from towel on the bed,which was really nice..the bed was also very comfy,also queiet big rooms so we also had enogh space.

The food was very good and tasty,always many choices in the main restaurant..i read before that some people were complaining about food that they had stomach pain because of that..but it cannot be from the food,we really ate from everything and we didn`t have any problems.

The hotel is really closed to airport which is really good.

The swimming pool was queiet big and never full..We could always sit by the swimming pool and at the beach too..was plenty of free spaces..The private beach was really nice,the beach bar was really good,when we got thirsty we just went 10-20 m and took something to drink,

It was also nice to snorkel in the sea right next to the beach,you can see many,many kind of fishes by the reef at the side.

With Fun Fly we booked trips to swimm with dolphins and to visit Giftun (the paradise island) and was really nice,the staff was very friendly and always a camera men with you on the boat and he film everything (also under water) and then you can take the DVD with the movie.We really had a lot of fun at the trips and was also really nice and beautiful everything.

Animation team was very nice and friendly,everybody but I must say a special thanks to Marley.
All day you can make some activities if you want,someone from animation team is always there and has fun with you :) every evening is some show which is really nice to watch.
Every evening is disco or beach party where also younger people can have fun..we did:D

I must say Hurghada was a really safe place,it was not dangerous at all..We was also in the city and realy,it was everything normal and very safe.

The only sad thing in this holidays was when we had to pack to go home:D

In the end i must say that in Mercure Hurghada i had the best holiday ever and for sure we will be back. I suggest for other people too,there is nothing to think..it`s fantastic there !!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday impressions online and for assuring Hurghada’s safety and recommending Mercure Hurghada to Tripadvisor readers.

I am really pleased to know that your stay at Mercure Hurghada has exceeded your expectations and you have enjoyed the diversity of activities and facilities together with the team’s care, hospitality and warmness.

I’ll be pleased to communicate your gratitude to the team with a special mention to Marley.

The entire team is looking forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My partner and I spent 10 days here in mid July 2014. It was our first trip to Egypt and our first All Inclusive. We were not disappointed. The hotel has an amazingly friendly atmosphere that makes you feel completely relaxed and at ease from the moment you arrive. It caters for everything you need for a relaxing break. We didn't leave the hotel for the entire 10 days!
When we arrived we were given a cold drink and were escorted to our room whilst being given a tour of the hotel along the route. This hotel has everything! Shops (chemist, souvenirs, sweets, toys, handbags, clothes, shoes), a doctor on site, Spa facilities, horse and camel riding, gym, and snorkelling and diving trips. The complex is centred around a large pool of various depths to cater for everyone. We never had a problem getting a sunbed. There is a beach bar and a pool bar as well as another bar inside attached to the restaurant.
The All Inclusive menu was great. Drinks were plentiful and strong! Some say the beer is weak but I thought it was great. The food was amazing. I can't believe some of the reviews on here that say choice was an issue as there was so so much and it differed every day! There was always chips, pizza, and pasta on offer for children or the less adventurous tourist. There were chefs on hand to plate up starters and desserts and the buffet for main course was immense! Amongst the curries, rice, spiced meats, seafood, fish and plentiful different types of salad you could have had roast chicken, vegetables, and mashed potato if you needed a taste of England! The only slight negative was that the waiters were a bit too eager to clear away plates when we were still eating but they were friendly and it wasn't a problem.
On the first night we were given a twin room when we had specifically paid for a double. This wouldn't normally have been a problem but we were also overlooking the building site at the back of the hotel which was noisy until late and started early. The lady on reception was fantastic and totally understood and apologised. We were moved to a double room with sea view with no problems.
The beach was clean and very picturesque. The sea was clear with hues of turquoise and light blue. A small breeze made the 40 degree heat bearable. There is a lovely secluded part to the beach to the right (as you stand looking out to sea) which looks like it is private or for Ultra Inclusive guests - it isn't. So if you need to escape and crave absolute silence other than the sound of waves I suggest you visit here. Paradise. Especially the suspended double sunbed! You can also have a massage in this area from the Spa for a small price.
I also recommend the dolphin and island trips on offer from the FunFly team to the left of the beach. I've no doubt you'll meet the lovely Yasser on your first couple of days and he will talk you through the trips. I urge you to go if you can afford the £45pp. We thought it totally lived up to everything Yasser said and was great value for money (8am-5pm inc food and drink). My partner got to swim with dolphins and I (not a strong swimmer and only learnt last year) went snorkelling around a reef in the middle of the sea. The coral and fish were overwhelmingly beautiful and I am so glad I did it. I was so nervous but the team Bebo, Keshore, and Moody were fantastic and even gave me a life jacket and lowered me into the sea so I didn't have to jump in! The memories will last forever!
Now on to the Animation team who are by far the most amazing thing about this place and as you can see from above I already rate it quite highly!..... Marley, Cloe, Mamadou, and the rest (sorry I forget names) are just fantastic. They are up at 8 every morning and work until 1am. These are the team you will see doing the morning and afternoon dance routines around the pool, volleyball, water polo, belly dancing, Zumba, Latino dancing, ping pong. They also greet and send off all the arrivals and departures. Then at 9pm they put on the evenings entertainment! A different show every night varying from Best Couple, Mamma Mia, Dances from around the World, Casino Night to name a few. And then they'll put on a disco afterwards (watch out for the beach disco-this has a brilliant atmosphere and is worth going a long to but it's not on every night).
Within just a couple of days of being here it felt like home. Marley and Cloe have a very natural way of making you feel like you have known them for much longer. They even sat and chatted with us by our sunbeds by day or at the bar by night and they introduced us to other English (and Spanish and German) guests who we ended up having a great time with and really made our holiday.
The hotel felt extremely safe and secure and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone.
I hope this helps you if you have any doubts about booking - go for it and you won't be disappointed!
Thank you for a lovely holiday Mecure Hotel! From Kate and Colin x

Dear Kate,

Thank you very much for taking the time to right such detailed constructive review allowing Tripadvisor readers to have a clear view of Mercure Hurghada and encouraging them to spend their holidays with us.

It is my extreme happiness to know that you have appreciated our multiple activities, services style as well as wonderful professional animation team.

Surely, your praise will motivate the whole team to continue providing their personal care to all our dear guests.

Mercure family is looking forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was staying at the hotel in 2013 and it was really nice experience, the staff was very kind, I enjoyed the food such as the swimming pool! I highly recommend this hotel! It is a cozy place to stay in Egypt

Room Tip: The rooms are great!