“Very Freindly Hotel”

Mercure Hurghada Hotel
Ranked #21 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Mercure with a fantastic sea view room. The staff are really what make this hotel so memorable in particular the bar staff. Also would like to mention the Guest Relations Manager who was always walking around and always stopped to say hello. We got a complimentary cocktail from the Ultra Bar from him which was a lovely touch. We did a horse riding hour along the beach which was absolutely amazing. Even though we had never been on a horse before Saleh from the Ranch was awesome and made us feel very safe.
I envy everyone who is about to go. The only small downside was the restaurant. We felt it was more like a canteen and the food very tasteless.

1  Thank Jude0657
Hala A, Executive assistant manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Mercure Hurghada for your recent holidays in Egypt. It is my extreme happiness to know that your stay was superb and that you appreciated the outstanding front sea view location, our caring warm team and amazing horse riding experience.
I do appreciate your comment concerning the food taste; surely, I shall share your observation with our executive chef who endlessly works on adapting and elevating the menus although it is not easy to satisfy the savor of more than 25 nationalities.
With pleasure, I shall convey your gratefulness to the team with a special mention to our Guests’ Services Manager and I am sure that your kind feedback will keep them much more motivated and encourage them to continue providing their personal care to all our dear guests.
Mercure Hurghada team is waiting for you for another brilliant holiday.
Hala AZER
Executive Assistant Manager
MERCURE Hurghada
ACCOR BRANDS: Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Ibis

There are newer reviews for Mercure Hurghada Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, we were already expecting high standards and it didn't disappoint! As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with cocktails and met the assistant manager whom informed us that the manager had upgraded us to a sea view as it was a special occasion. The guest relations were excellent and friendly and constantly attending to our needs without causing a hassle.

The hotel was so close to the beach that you could almost jump from the pool onto it! The beach was clean. There was an amazing coral reef on our beech which I spent much time around. There was thousands of fish here including sting rays, puffer fish, clown fish, lion fish etc. It was better than the coral reefs I had seen in Sharm.

The entertainment was great, and wasn't like cheesy entertainment I have seen at other hotels. A lot of the entertainment included the guests taking part which was great. There was also dance groups and professional dancers which came in and performed which was enjoyable.

The food was good, and there was a different theme for each night. There was plenty to choose from and you was never stuck without food. A personal favourite of mine was the grills night where it was fillet beef which was cooked and presented like an al a carte restaurant.

The room was kept constantly clean and our cleaner made towel art every day for us which was nice to come back to. We had a lovely window seat along with a balcony, The bathroom was great and the shower was excellent with two different types of shower heads, one normal and one like a rainfall effect on the ceiling.

Overall this is a fantastic hotel and I would recommend it to everybody! I don't usually go back to the same hotel as I like to try other places but I would 100% come back here again!

3  Thank Dean K
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm working in a hotel and get a discount for this hotel, so I go to this hotel. And I am very lucky about this decision. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are very nice and clean, breakfast & lunch & dinner are very nice too. I was theire with my friends for 10 days and we all very suprised. The Animation-Team are very friendly and they are get friends for us, we go to make party with them in clubs in downtown.

The cleaner bring every morning new bottles of water. The all-inclusive offer was great because you get really all for free and don't pay for hidden prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A very nice hotel with friendly employees. The food was great and
diversified. The entertainers were also very cool and made a great job.
There was a entertainer which calls "Dali" and he was the best of all.
Very cool and friendly man which entertains me and my friends every time he could.
We met him at first day of our vacation and we saw directly that this man is very cool and funny.
He was like a part of our friendship and we are very sad about that we can't see him anymore.

Very nice trip! But the provider Fun'Fly weren't so good/ friendly. They told us some wrong informations about the trips and offered us trips which were to expensiv.

Room Tip: The only thing what makes me sad is the location because it's very dirty around the hotel area...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have just returned from the mercure with my girlfriend, we stayed there for two weeks and absolutely loved it. We was made to feel right at home from the start surprisingly by the two men in the papyrus shop, didn't annoy us just asked us if we would take a look so we did he made us a cup of tea and we started talking just in general not about his shop be sure to go in their work is brilliant especially Samir's drawings in his book be sure to get him to show you them. The animation team were good always kept people busy with aquarobics to volleyball, the best people on the animation team have to be Mido, Marley and Ziggy. There was a problem with a bar man in the disco, but I was very impressed with how the management dealt with it. It was dealt with very quickly and we didn't let his actions ruin our holiday. In the mornings in the main bar a young man called Shanobah Magdy he could never do enough for us always smiling , always made sure out drinks were full and table was clean. Mustapha who took over in the disco when the bar man who gave us the problem went on holiday, was brilliant he got the job done no messing around always smiled as well. Just a word of warning when booking trips the the fun fly aqua centre do not book with Mahmoud or Magdy!! Book with Bebo, Musa or Shazly they get a 10% commission on there sales so Mahmoud is very pushy and some times very irritating.
On our last day it was Mido from the entertainments day off and he still came in to see us, before we went this meant a lot to us both. Marley Ziggy and Chloe also waved us off. As we said to Mido it's not good bye it's see you soon!
Overall a brilliant holiday the price we paid for it as well was very cheap we hope we can return in December. Fantastic hotel and brilliant staff I'm just gutted that the manger mr Hassan is leaving he is brilliant good luck to him in the future

Jordan and Jordan - Manchester

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Mercure, Hurghada really is a brilliant hotel. I scored everything about the hotel (apart from the location) either very good or excellent.
The friendly and attentive staff are the strongest part of the hotel but everything else about the hotel is awesome. You'll have a great stay there.
I really work hard at home so my holidays are spent sunbathing, swimming, eating, having the odd drink and sleeping. The hotel really catered for people like me who wanted to relax and also guests that want to get involved. The animation team run an action packed entertainment schedule and if you joined in with all of the exercises and ate healthily in the restaurant then you could come back a few pounds lighter!
My previous holiday to Egypt took me to Sharm and I've got to say that Sharm is a far better tourist destination and Hurghada has got some catching up to do in this area. A visit to Narma Bay in Sharm was a far more enjoyable experience than a visit to Hurghada.
We went on a day's boat trip which was awesome and the snorkeling and assisted scuba diving really is sensational.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. Just as long as you're not looking for a bustling resort to visit in the evening.

Room Tip: Really happy with room 1124. Close to where everything is going on. Only a very small flight of stai...
4  Thank Gary S
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Gary,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind feedback online and for recommending Mercure Hurghada to Tripadvisor readers. I am really pleased to know that you spent an enjoyable relaxing holiday and have appreciated the team’s care and warmness, variety of entertainment and water sports activities along with our healthy delicious food.
Mercure team is looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again for another relaxing vacation.

Aladin Saleh
Mercure Hotel
ACCOR BRAND: Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Ibis

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spent two weeks here begin July and had a great time. The room was great, it was clean and we had a great view! New towels and bottles of water (in the fridge) every single day and if you need any extra's, they will provide it at once. The staff is very friendly, the food en drinks plenty and of a good quality. Great that they provided free airport shuttle!

It is very nice to be able to switch between the beach and pool (especially when the strong northely winds are sand blasting you at the beach). We did not find the sales men bothersome, in fact they were also very friendly, accept your "no" and are always in for small talk.

The reef in front of the resort is not "wow", but there is a lot of fish and a lot to see. If you're a good swimmer go beyond the curve and snorkel along the coast line, it is much better! Keep in mind that the wind/current is from the North and that you have to swim back as well ;-)

The animation team was "okay", some were more active then others. In our opinion they focused a little to much at the regular guests. If we may do a suggestion to Mercure: Perhaps you can do the beach/pool party at least twice a week. The shows at night are (sorry to say) a bit boring for couples. We did enjoyed the foam party on the beach though!

In the two weeks we were here, we were the only Dutch couple (as far as we know), not a problem for us though. The majority of the guests are Russian, then German and Brittish, all friendly people and we did not had any negative experiences with the Russian guests (like you read a lot on forums).

At the end we had a great two weeks and we'll be back in the Winter for sure!

Room Tip: We had room 2004 which had a great view over the beach and sea!
1  Thank Arjen76
Hala A, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Arjen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your amazing experience on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did appreciate our trendy neat rooms, caring kind team, wide range and quality of food and beverage items, crystal blue sparkling waters of the Red Sea, the lively beach foam party and calm relaxing pool area.
I do appreciate your remark concerning the evening shows, undoubtedly, it is not easy to adapt our services style to match with the diverse preferences of our multinational guests but we do our best to offer a variety of shows and constantly implement new ideas to entertain our guests of all ages and nationalities.
Mercure team is waiting for you for another enjoyable holiday.

Hala AZER