“Aladdin's magical world where dreams comes true”

Mercure Hurghada Hotel
Ranked #20 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was the first time when we were travelling to egypt. The hotel ranked 4th of trip advisor and after seeing the photos, it was love at first sight. I convinced my friends and they also wanted to join us. We were all 6 of us and booked for 7 nights - all inclusive. First of all, the actual hotel looks exactly same as in photos. The dinner was different every day with a unique theme and also the animation team really worked hard and did different shows every day to entertain all guests.The staff was very friendly and they care. We had an issue at the hotel disco due to some russain nationals. I was very impressed with the resolution provided and support shown by Mr. Aladdin Saleh (hotel general manager) , Assistant general manger and the animation team specially Marlyn :) who were very quick to resolve this issue. Couldn't ask for more :). we were very thankful to Mr. Aladdin Saleh to upgrade us to ultra inclusive as a goodwill gesture. It is very rare when the GM & Asst. GM take out time for guest from their busy schedule. GM- Aladdin Saleh is truly a very influential leader who make sure that this magical place keeps working its magic so i called this place -Aladdin's Magical world which is truly amazing.

Egypt is a safe country specially tourist places and everyone should visit to really appreciate its magical beauty. My friends were amazed and extremely satisifed with their stay at this resort and now they have appointed me as their tour planner.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and special.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank DomiJee
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Hurghada for spending your holidays in Egypt and I am grateful you have taken the time to share with us your lovely experience and for recommending Egypt for Tripadvisor readers as the safe and majestic country.

I am extremely delighted to know you have enjoyed our delicious and varied food items, the diversity and selection of animation activities and shows and the gracious and helpful team.
Our role is to do our utmost to create restful conditions for every single guest, yet, we have learned some interesting points from this atypical situation. It is a real contentment that the mentioned unusual incident was thankfully cleared up and we do appreciate you consenting the other guest’s regret.
It’s really touching from you that you called the place “Aladdin's Magical world” but honestly this place is all about its people and the team working there as they deserve all the credit.

The Mercure team is waiting for you in the very near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

iam just return back from vacation in this hotel thank you mercure it is very nice vacation :
positive things in this hotel room was amazing with its modern design, food was delicious and there is lots of variety every day, animation team doing nice shows every day , staff was very friendly and helpful especial thanks to Mr. Aladin S, General Manager for this hotel he is very active person you will find him in every place in hotel from early morning to late night in theater and disco .
negative things : lighting i think that every place in hotels need more lights gardens , restaurant even rooms., gardens need more caring more flowers need multi type of planets not only grass

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ashraf z
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Ashraf,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience at Mercure Hurghada. I am extremely happy you have taken pleasure in the stylish modern rooms, wide range of tasty food, our famed amazing animation activities and shows and hospitable and caring team.
I do appreciate your comments concerning the lighting, you are right; some areas might require extra lights while others are mainly designed for a relaxing and cozy ambience. It is true that the variety, types of plants and flowers differ from one season to another, they are more limited during the winter season, I will share your comments with our landscape designer.
Mercure Hurghada team is waiting for you for another pleasant and relaxing holiday.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Thank you Mercure for our excellent rest!
I don't remember how many times I had spent my vacation in Mercure, but I always come back as if it is my home. The main thing makes the hotel such an attractive for guests is a cozy atmosphere, the friendly and hospitable personnel, excellent service. I visit this hotel every year and I can see changes for the better from year to year. The present General Manager mr Alaa El-Din is really the best I've ever known. He is not only a high-level professional who knows the business perfectly, he is also nice, friendly and sociable person who is really interested in opinion of each guest.
The hotel is suitable both for quiet and active, dynamic pastime. At the disposal of the guests there are surfing and diving centers, a stable to riding, a beauty parlor, massage, sauna, tennis, aqua-gym, latin-dance, belly-dance, disco and much many entertainments to enjoy.
I want to acknowledge very very nice cuisine of hotel, thanks to chef, unfortunately I don't know his name. Especially I'd like to express my gratitude for a magnificent Christmas dinner. It was wonderful!
I'd like to note faultless service in accommodations thanks to diligent work housekeeper mr Harby. Every day with smile He and his team make our staying in hotel such a comfortable.
The special gratitude is deserved by a animators team! They are really artists! Anita, Irina,Marley, Ziggy, Paolo, you are the best!!! I miss you my friends.
The hot sun, warm sea, friendly and cheerful atmosphere, excellent food, pleasant environment, all this make your rest unforgettable. You are going to enjoy in Mercure!
In summary I wish prosperity and happiness to all staff of hotel as well as to all Egypt people. I hope hardships are going to be overcome and the better is to come.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank LauraV252

Dear Laura,

I am pleased to receive your comments about annual stay at Mercure Hurghada. Such praise from a loyal Mercure guest makes me feel proud of my team and all those achievements we did during past year. I wish to express my gratitude to you, not only as a guest but as a member of our Mercure family, who cares from the whole heart about hotel and its team, who like many other guests shared with me your vision and opinion about hotel and has helped us to make Mercure what it is now - a pleasant home for hundreds of travelers from all over the world. As you fairly remarked one of the biggest advantages of Mercure it is the people who work in here, I couldn’t be a good manager without a good team and without being always close to my guests to react promptly whenever it’s needed.
All our team has put a lot of love and efforts to create a special atmosphere for Christmas celebration and I am glad you truly enjoyed that evening.
Thank you for choosing Mercure once again and for your hearty sympathy for the future of Egyptian people. I am positive that with support of such loyal tourists as you we will soon overcome all difficulties and will remain a sunny and welcoming place for many guests for many years to come.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our experience extended way beyond just a stay at a great hotel and was testament of true Egyptian hospitality. From the moment of our arrival, Olga went beyond the call of duty to ensure that customer service exceeded our already very high expectations. The General Manager, Alladdin was very visible and the epitome of strong leadership and team work. I arrived at the hotel feeling a bit ill and was unable to get to dinner on the first night. I still remain amazed as to how the entire management team became aware of that and the extent to which they went out of their way to make me comfortable. All of the staff took a real interest in getting to know us and served as the catalyst for our children having a real blast. We were honoured and privileged to have been able to attend the New Year function and the level of preparation, attention to detail, quality of the food and entertainment made this one of the greatest holidays , the memories of which we will cherish forever. Alladdin and Olga and the rest of the Mercure Hurghada team, you are truly amazing anf thank you once again.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms with interleading doors excellent for us as a family with children
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Shashi R
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Super Hotel !!!!!!!
It is a wonderful hotel. Everything I liked it. Especially good staff and great food. One minus internet. But in general the hotel is worth five points.
Also want to wish and to continue to keep this level of service and service to all visitors of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Oleg T
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Oleg,

Thank you very much for placing your comments online. I am really pleased you have enjoyed your stay at our magnificent Mercure and that you took pleasure in our hospitable and caring team, delicious food and the services style. I do appreciate your comment concerning the internet and you are right the current speed does not match with some of our guest’s expectations, that’s why we are actually seeking for a new internet provider and we are expected to upgrade the speed as soon as possible.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a great holiday there, the rooms are all sea view and pool view which was amazing indeed, the food was ok not too fancy but not bad either, the beach is vast and private if you prefer that.
but what we did like the most was the animation team !! They were hilarious, and a professional show, every evening was some different and spectacular show.and their attitude affected all the guests really.
That's why i named my review " a great spirit"
I do recommend this four star all inclusive hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Shady N

Dear Shady,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your holiday experience at Mercure Hurghada. I am extremely glad you took pleasure in our sea front and swimming pool locations, exclusive sandy beach and famed amazing professional animation team. I do appreciate your remark regarding the food which is extremely valuable and help us carry on our continuous efforts to upgrade our buffet menus and keep the worth of money which is greatly valued by the majority of our guests.
We do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our marvelous Mercure.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were celebrating New Year and my husbads birthday in Mercure Hurghada. Mercure team took care of every single detail in the best possible way. We could just enjoy. Food was nicely presented and tasty, lots of different options every day. Service was very warm and friendly. Much more than expected. Our daughter was known by name. My husband got a tasty birthday cake to our room. Animation team made us to move all day from early morning to late night. Exellent shows every day. New year Kleopatra party was absolutely spectacular with hudreds of candles and other decorations, arabit horses, camels, bellydancers, presents and flowers, unbelieveble food tables etc. You have to see it! No wonder why people want to come year after year again. In the hotel area there is a lot to do, camel or horse riding, snorkling, mini golf, table tennis etc. You can have a boat trip to Giftun or try scuba diving. We had no many reasons to go out from the hotel area. Thousand kisses to Hurghada team led by wonderful Mr. Aladin. Thank You our princess Dancing Queen Olga, also friendly Jasmine, all smily poolbar pizzaboys and icecream men, our wonderful cleaner Samer who amused us with toweldecorations. Our daughter didn't want to come home. She wanted to stay in Egypt as a camel driver, missing friendly camels Max and Simon. Greetings to everyone from Finland.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kipa251
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Kipa,
“Our daughter didn’t want to go home...” this is the most honorable award we can receive as recognition for our efforts.
Thank you very much for your sympathetic words and for choosing Mercure Hurghada for celebrating special family events of your husband’s birthday and the New Year Eve. I am extremely thrilled to know you spent such great time and that our services have exceeded your expectations. It is with pleasure you have enjoyed the New Year’s Eve entertainment program, varied and yummy food, cordial and warm services, our famed amazing animation team and the diversity of sports activities.
I will gladly communicate your kind feedback to the team with a special mention to the dancing queen Olga the guest relation who loves to participate in this show, Jasmine and Samer whom will be delighted to read your touching and encouraging comments.
By the way Aladin, Jasmine, Olga etc… it’s our real first names
All the team is eagerly waiting for your next holiday at your wonderful Mercure hotel.