“My favourite hotel in Hurghada!”

Continental Hotel Hurghada
Ranked #66 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Kyiv, Ukraine
“My favourite hotel in Hurghada!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I would like to express my opinion about my staying in the hotel "Movenpick Resort Hurghada". First of all, the politeness and attentiveness of the staff should be mentioned. From my opinion, it is one of the most important factor in creating warm atmosphere where guests can feel at home. Hence, any problem was solved effortlessly. Having stayed in Movenpick i realized that tranquility, comfort, coziness filled my holidays as well. I would like to thank the animators for their activity. I did really enjoy my time. They did their job excellent ! Also it should be said that my room was really nice, well -cleaned, spacious with an amazing sea view from the balcony. I was absolutely impressed by the beach because any time it was possible to find the place there ( what was really important, as for me ). It is one of the best beaches in Hurghada. Well- cleaned, large, spectacular, calm Movenpick beach played a crucial role in my resting there. The variety of food (including healthy food) was really great! From my perspective, every guest could find a dish they wanted to try. In the evenings were nice shows. Might the only one thing was missed - some activity for the young people ( for example some party or disco, karaoke). Thank You " The Movenpick Resort Hurghada " for the nice holidays! Inessa , Ukraine (Kiev).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
saied M, Front Office Manager at Continental Hotel Hurghada, responded to this review, October 26, 2014
Sunny greetings from the Mövenpick Resort Hurghada.

We would like to take this opportunity and thank you kindly for your on line feedback below following your recent stay with us. That will help us in continually improving our service towards our guests and is of the utmost importance to us. We are very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that you would recommend us on to others.

Best regrads

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I went to this hotel with my family we enjoyed our stay so much
Nice location ,best service , also the food was delicious specialy the grilled every evening
Nice swimming pool , cosy beach but very clean
The only remarks is the wifi is not free of charge
We recommend this hotel very much
Sure we will come back next year
Thanks so much for all the team

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
saied M, Front Office Manager at Continental Hotel Hurghada, responded to this review, October 27, 2014

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This trip was the best trip ever. The animation team were fantastic they were fun nice and doing their best at everything. I like to come here every year for two things the place and weather and the fun and the animation team. What makes me happy there the animation team and the way of life there... The best trip ever in movenpick and I give it a 5 star rating........

Seif Kenany

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This Movenpick hotel was totally different than other Movenpick hotels in different countries.
To start with, the rooms are not excellent. Some of the wood on the door frames is old and started to turn black. There was no carpet on the floor, only tiles and a rug. The floor seemed to be clean and shiny but it was wasn't. The refrigerator was old, empty, and it had water dripping from it at times. The view however was great. The last few days of our stay, the bathroom started dripping water from the ceiling and the room door wouldn't close (It would appear to be closed but if someone pushed it it will open). We called the reception and they said that they would send someone ASAP, but no one showed up. We had to call again and tell them that we called previously and we were told that someone would come in order for them to send a person.

The internet is extremely expensive compared to local and international providers. I had to pay 490 Egyptian Pounds which is around 70 dollars for one week of internet on only two devices. They say that it is high speed but it is very slow and barely reaches 1Mbps. I paid thinking that it would be highspeed and I was very unsatisfied. I was using a cable and not WiFi because wifi was only available in the lobby! (There was no free internet anywhere in the hotel) I was frustrated and so I took the free shuttle to the downtown and purchased 1GB of data for 25 Egyptian Pounds ($3.5) and a SIM card for 18 Egyptian Pounds ($2.5) from a local service provider.The speed was pretty good (4 Mbps).

The main restaurant (brasserie) had little variety from day to day. As an arab, the food did not taste good at all but that does not apply only to this restaurant but to most restaurants in Egypt.
The service in the restaurant was poor not because of the waiters, but because there are many people and a few waiters. The waiters work very hard and don't rest at all for hours and hours, and if you ask for something like a glass of water, you have to wait for several minutes and you should pray God that the waiter doesn't forget.
One day we decided to go to "Italian restaurant" next to the main restaurant, but within the hotel. We ordered pizza and the cheese was terrible which mad the pizza inedible. However, the pasta and soups were pretty good.

The facilities at the hotel were pretty decent there was one pool and a beach. There were certain activities at certain times throughout the week (except Thursday). However, the people running these activities were biased and unfair. For example, when I played beach volleyball, a person allowed people to play more than others. (Not because they won or anything). They seemed to be his friends. He also let girls play and a little child play more than twice because their parents were there, leaving out ambitious young men.

There was this area where there was a gym, ping pong tables, and pool tables. I didn't try the gym but the A/C in it was good. However, the ping pong an pool rooms were terribly HOT! This made me leave before the hour I paid for finished

Some activities were run privately such as para-sailing and skiing out of the hotel's control which won't guarantee you a fair price or fair treatment. These activities were advertised throughout the hotel. When I asked how much time I would spend in the air while parasailing, I was told ten minutes, but it ONLY LASTED FOR 5 MINUTES!

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I hope that trip advisor will take back the 4 stars they gave to the hotel until some action is taken towards improving it.

I thought it might be helpful to mention some prices.
Breakfast is free for all hotel guests
Lunch is for 115 Egyptian Pounds ($16) per person not including drinks (children eat for free)
Dinner is for 105 Egyptian Pounds (($15) per person not including drinks (children eat for free)
Icecream costs 15 Egyptian Pounds ($2) a scoop.
Internet costs 30 Egyptian Pounds ($4) for 30 minutes and 490 Egyptian Pounds ($70) for one week. There were options of buying 1 hour and one day but I don't remember the prices.

Room Tip: Rooms with no balconies are usually bigger and the higher the floor the better the view if you are f...
2 Thank OmarZe
Sunny greetings from Mövenpick Resort Hurghada!

This will help us in continually improving our service towards our guests and is of the utmost importance to us.
We thank you in advance very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We would certainly be delighted to be able and welcome you again at Moevenpick Resort Hurghada.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Situated in Hurghada Bay the Movenpick stands in Beautiful Gardens (gardeners work hard to achieve this) A Private Beach facing the Red Sea,Tranquil, Spacious and Relaxing. PERFECTION. We were guest at the Movenpick in May this being our 27th visit, we return again in August for yet another wonderful holiday

Management and Staff are very Professional and willing to Help. Should a problem arise you can be sure it will be dealt with promptly and efficiently. They do their utmost to ensure your holiday is Happy and Memorable. This is one of the reasons we return year after year. A very Special Thank You to G.M. Mr Mohamed el Reweiny, Mr Saied and the Exceptional Staff. The staff are available to help guest 24 hours a day. Guest in Wheel Chairs are made very welcome .Doctor on call24hrs a day.

Children are very important Guest at the Movenpick. It gave us immense pleasure to watch the children having lots of fun playing on the beach and in the sea, which is lovely and warm. Children have their own club, The Snoopy Club which offers many activities and is a huge favourite with children of all ages.

The Beach is Wonderful and one of the most important parts of our Holiday. Every day Aktham and the Beach Team ensure the beach is CLEAN. Towels and Sun Beds ready for guest to use .We appreciate this and Thank Aktham and the Beach Team.

The Hotel Restaurants serve Delicious Cuisine. Palm Brassier: Serving Excellent Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Aldente Italian Restaurant Exceptional Cuisine served here in Elegant Surroundings. Beach and Pool Bars serve food all day Excellent choice to choose from. freshly caught Fish from the Red Sea is also available. The Staff in all Restaurants are very helpful and friendly.

Guest may enjoy many activities, Large Pool, Childrens Pool, water sports, excellent Health Club offering sauna, steam room, lots of excellent Keep Fit equipment .professional Masseurs, pool table, table tennis, volley ball on the beach, sail boarding, three tennis courts and many other activities.

Whether your choice be a Suite or Room, it will be Spacious and Comfortable, have terrace or balcony from which you will have a view of the gardens, beach and the AMAZING RED SEA. For your convenience there will be toiletries, hairdryer, bath robes, tea and coffee making facilities,
mini bar, safe, Large Flat Screen T.V, internet connection, cable and wireless. Excellent Room
Service.

We have visited the Movenpick various months of the year and the weather is always Beautiful Hurghada is an all year round destination. If like us you want from your Holiday Beautiful Surroundings, Relaxation, Good Cuisine, Staff who will do all they can to ensure your Holiday is Enjoyable One, the Movenpick is the Hotel for you. Note, the Movenpick brand is know for its EXCELLENCE.

Room Tip: Amazing views from the 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank FRANCES186300

est regards
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

It is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, we are a family of 8 persons, It is the first time for us in this hotel and it will be the last. we made our reservation through booking and it was all inclusive, the room rate was include 2 adults & 2 children under 12 years free of charge with parents (the hotel told that is not apply here!!!!!!), first there were no alcoholic for Egyptian during Ramadan but we can buy it !!!!!!, the ice cream is for children only and from 1 pm to 3 pm only (this is the lunch time)!!!!, after 11 pm there are no drink in captain bar (the only bar included in all inclusive during night), but we can buy it !!!!!, we need to sign a check after each order (although we are all inclusive). When we complain for anything, the only answer is this is the system here !!!!!!!!!!. The food was very bad and there were no variety and almost the same every day, the staff were unhelpful & surly. The only positive responsible in this hotel was Mr. Raymoon who I met him in last night and he was the only one listened to our problems and tried to solve them as he can.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Sameh S

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

An excellent hotel. Clean spacious room. Pool is very nice as well as the beach. Quite a variety of food for dinner and the famous moevenpick breakfast. Ice cream available everywhere :)

Concerns:
Service at the restaurant is a bit slow, i.e you can wait 10 mins to get a cup. You can wait another 10 mins for boiling water. The waiters are nice though.

One more concern, when I first checked for availability online, i found availability and i had some questions so i foned them, they told me there is no availability. I checked again online and there IS AVAILABILITY. I've done this twice to make sure and they say there is no availability. I reserved online. And when i arrived i asked the receptionist told me maybe the persons u foned had no knowledge, although they were from the reservations department :) and when i kept asking he said he had no answer, so the question is for management if they see those reviews.

One last very little concern, that also maps to the lack of experience, the guy told me the extra charges i will pay three times! I find this rude.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank islambadr

We thank you in advance very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We would certainly be delighted to be able and welcome you again at Mövenpick Resort Hurghada.