“Simply the Best”

Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
Ranked #36 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 3 weeks at this hotel, which was our 3rd visit.

From the moment we stepped into reception to the moment we left we can only say we were treated like royalty.

The room was of an excellent standard. The food in the main restaurant was good and had an adequate variety. The al carte restaurants were of exceptional standard both in terms of service and food. Forget the diet!

The bar staff always remember your drinks, an empty glass is hard to achieve and Sayad (Mr Tom Cruise) deserves an extra special mention! (We miss you)

The new jetty was nearly complete when we left this will only enhance what this wonderful hotel has to offer. Can't wait for our first walk!

But what makes this hotel a cut above the rest is the way they work as a team. Management and staff all pull together to deliver what their guest want. As an English senior manager I have learnt so much about team work! All of the staff want to make you holiday an experience you will remember.

So to George and his team and to all the staff a big thank you and can't wait to see you in September. Beverly and Clive

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank Beve123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I can’t believe that Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh is ranked number 10 in tripadvisor by travelers & guests!!! If it wasn’t travelers’ reviews I would have said that Tripadvisor is a fake or a misleading website, but the truth that I usually follow tripadvisor ranking and travelers’ review for hotels & restaurants before experiencing anything new, and honestly it was always my compass and true guide expect this time.
I don’t want to be offensive, but I will just highlight on some facts during my stay at the hotel:
•The hotel main entrance, lobby and reception are extremely nice and new, but the check-in clerk named waleed was extremely hesitated and unconfident as if it was his first time to check-in for a guest. He asked for my wife signature, and after I called her to sign, he left us and didn’t mention his request again!
•The bellman, a nice and polite guy but completely unprofessional too, I was expecting from him to give me a brief description about the hotel, but he didn’t same as the reception clerk.
•I entered my sea view superior double room, the first impression was great, I liked the room space and design, but as soon as I focused inside I discovered too many details that I didn’t like, such as only 2 small pillows on the king size bed, one big shower towel for 2 adults and 1 child, room floor and bathroom is not that clean, no hotel information book nor brochures, an empty mini-bar, only a large plastic bottle although my accommodation was based on all inclusive, unclean towels, no refill for empty shower stuff (shampoo, shower gel,…etc)
•Food quality was fine, but same kind of food for lunch and dinner buffet through my whole 4 days stay, no changes at all with very limited quality.
•Food and Beverage staffs are totally unprofessional and untrained (seasonality labor), tables & plates and related tools are not well cleaned. (glasses/forks/knifes/spoons,….etc)
•Limited number of beach and pool chaises-longues/Towels (designed for an occupancy/load factor of 50%).
•No activities for kids, very small and limited playing area.
•No entrainment activities nor facilities for adults.
•Limited staff in all fields at the hotel with limited sources, the food and beverage staff cannot give you a smile or a proper service because they are working 12 full hours a day.
•When I asked to talk to the general manager of the hotel to address my comments to him directly, it was as if I am asking to talk to the president of the country (silly questions; like why would you like to talk to him, we can address your issue to him, you can talk to the front desk manager instead,….etc). Finally I recognized and found him by the pool area, and I talked to him in most the above issues, but sorry to say it is out of his hand, he has no tools or control at all.
•Last but not least, my 5 years old son was wounded in his foot in the kids’ pool by a thrown small marble sharp stone, and kept on bleeding until we went to the hotel clinic. The surprise was that the doctor wasn’t there because he was walking with the GM (that what we were told by the pool clerk), and he told us that our kid is not the first case; it is the third case during a week!! Finally a young doctor came to us; he gave our son 2 injections to stop bleeding. The wound was deep in my son foot. After a while the reservation manager named George arrived to us and trying to pretend as if nothing happened! And didn’t even apologize.
•After this event, we left the hotel immediately and returned back home without receiving even a message or a call from the hotel to apologize for what had happened to my son foot that should be staying home for 2 weeks due to such injury.
Conclusion: I don’t recommend this local brand hotel to anyone, and believe me they won’t improve because the whole management are not eye catchers or professional.

P.S. Most of the hotel guests are Russians, and I believe that this could be the reason behind Tripadvisor overestimated ranking for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
22 Thank SalahRefaat
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotel if you are looking for a nice view, good service, best food and varieties.

There is no too much activities in the hotel, it's only for relaxation and clear your mind.

It's important if you like going to beach to get special shoes for that.

The room was very nice and comfortable and service too was amazing.

It's the best place to take your girlfriend or your wife and spend a wonderfull time there.

I can't wait for my next trip to tropitel sahl hasheesh.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank Michael3051982
Egypt
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed in the hotel from 24-29 April 2013. It is my first time in Sahl Hasheesh area , after visiting Makadi Bay , Suma Bay area . It is a very nice & booming area with a various number of Hotels . The hotel is almost new , with a nice view on the red sea . The hotel facilities are almost new , the furniture are characterized by their modern style. The swimming pool design is different from the traditional one and very large .There are "chaise longue" inside the small pool so that you can take your "bain de soleil "... The beach area is very nice ,but you have to walk inside a shallow water for 5 minutes than you will enjoy a pure , clean , fresh water (really i enjoyed swimming in the seas) ...The animation team are very active .There is a kids club , health club . The food i very good , and i enjoyed one night when they made the Chinese + seafood dishes (was delicious) ....The hotel is located on a bay , with a walking area on the sea through which you can reach a nearby area named "Old Town " .This area has many hotels , a nice beach , nice walking area , lovely bridge , Marina ,and at night you can rent a scooter or an electrical car and enjoy a new experience.I have also to state that the front office stuff are very friendly , respectful and Honest .I am very satisfied in general with the Hotel and with Sahl Hasheesh area and i recommend it for all .
Thanks

Room Tip: For family with young Kids , i recommend a double room with a king size bed + sofa bed .... conveni...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bassio2012
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed April 23, 2013

i traveled with my wife in 25th January 2013, the hotel is little far from the airport or the bus station and this are my feedback:
1- The hotel is new and has wonderful design and views
2- Sahl Hasheesh is a wonderful place for relaxing and romantic trips (reminds me of Maldives)
3- Food is 4 stars or less and i had stomach-ache for 2 days

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank A_saad13
Belgium
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We just returned from a 8 days stay at Tropitel. It was the second time that we went there. Our thanks to the full staff for making this vacation very special. They will do anything for you to have a good time. The GM and other managers talking to all the guests to found out if they are happy there.
Everything in the hotel was even better than a year ago (the hotel was only a few months open then). The food was very good and various.
There is always somebody in the restaurant to make sure that everything is clean. Also the whole hotel is very clean.
The location is a little bit far from Hurghada (45 minutes) but if you want rest you absolutely found it there. The community Sahl Hasheesh is so stylish. The road to the hotel is like you are in a movie.
You can do a bike ride (bikes for free in the hotel) to the center of Sahl Hasheesh. It is a very nice ride along the beach.
We sutenly go back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank 11Nadine
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have just returned from two wonderful weeks at the Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh where the hotel staff and management were the most caring and helpful we have ever had. The food was of excellent quality with a wide choice including Italian and Mexican restaurants. We had a lovely room overlooking the pool area, the shower was to die for. They are presently building a pier which will add to the enjoyment of the beach. The animation team especially Heleri and Rika created so much fun and we miss them already. We would certainly like to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors with pool view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends