“Palace or Beach...”
Review of Titanic Palace

Titanic Palace
Ranked #90 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just returned Home from Staying at the Titanic Palace on Sat 8th Dec ... " Fantastic 2 weeks All Inclusive , Weather was Fabulous, Food Great , Our Room on the Ground Floor 6192 was Lush Straight onto the Swimming Pool , Staff where Everywhere and Very Very Friendly , Clean Fresh and Deffo a Place we would Stay again .. Management are Visible between both Hotels and will Come and see if your Holiday is going well or if you have any Problems they are more than happy to assist you. You Have Access to all 5 Restaurants and the Main Bars near Reception are open 24hrs a day Coffee, Spirits Larger is on tap as well . Beach was Fantastic and the walk alone the Jetty to view the Fish and Coral was Amazing . Lots of Sun beds are readily available and all staff there are Fab Especially Naseen who will put your Towels and Sort your Sunbeds out for you .. Naseen ( Likes to say to the English Lovely Jubbly ) Met a Lovely English Lady Called Janice who is Staying at the Palace for 10 Weeks and will be Keeping in touch with her .. Both My Partner and I Did Prefer the Staff at the beach Side more Friendly than at the Palace and Speak Much better English too. Yes there is 85% Russians at the Hotel .. this was our only Bad Point whilst we stayed there .. Hotel Management Need to Take Note!!!!! Russians are Very Rude , Greedy and ignorant , . to your Staff who do not deserve to be spoken to like this , Titanic Palace and Beach You Should be Very Proud of all your Staff for how they look after us ...Your English Guests .. Recommend to others Deffo !!! YES.....

Room Tip: Rooms on the Ground Floor No' Starting with 61,51 are Ground Floor Rooms . We Stayed in 6192 Bea...
11  Thank satagtbct

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel ambiance is very pretty, clean and inviting. The staff were extremely friendly (especially our "adopted son") Mohammed Hamdi (I think). You could get drinks and food around the clock - with several relaxing lounges scattered about the hotel. We did upgrage to a swim up room which the girlfriend was very pleased with. We did have an issue with a "no" towel no show and really took much longer than it should have to be resolved. It is hard to criticise this hotel apart that is from the food!! The Russians who were about 80% strong probably liked it - but for the European palate it was very bland and not at all enjoyable. The hotel management need to take notice of this point because the four to five star appearance of the hotel gets a big knock in the wrong direction because of what is served up in the restaurants. If you have a young family then plenty for them do. Water slides, the beach and the sea depth is almost impossible to drown in most of the day. Do take sea shoes if you want to walk out the quarter of a mile or so to the blue water - not so much coral as different shaped stones that make it difficult to navigate.
As I said before the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Spoke to the manager on last day and although reception wanted to charge for a late check out he gave it to us gratis. So worth asking for the manager if reception want to charge. If the food had been better I would have rated this hotel at between a four and five star!

Room Tip: Try and get a room that faces the several pools dotted alll the way down to the beach.
4  Thank vetalex
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Swim up pool bungalow was nice as were most staff, food was ok, Entertainment poor and spirits were so poor they did not even taste like vodka, gin whatever. Wine and beer just about acceptable.
Reception staff disinterested.
Most guests were polish who appeared to be able to digest the drinks with no issue.
30 Mins Taxi drive to Marina to Hard Rock to get a drink.
For the price i would say that unless things like the waterpark and you like an early night, i would save your money and book a smaller friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Bungalows, the dip pool is a good way to cool off at night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here for a week in november. There are a few things that bugged us in the hotel, but in the end it still was a good hotel.
So, let's start with the buggers:
- mosquitoes: we've been to Egypt before and were never sooo annoyed by them (7 bites on one single hand, you can imagine the rest of the body ;( ..). But we stayed in a swim-up bungalow, so maybe it was the hay roof or being surrounded by water that caused this huge amount of mosquitoes. Anyway, we bought spray and so on and it lessened their attacks. The hotel used fumigenes but not often enough and never in the room, maybe they should think about doing it as we were not the only ones with so many bites.
- glasses in the beach bar: They were not always clean. Sometimes there were crusts on the glass. I know that it's harder to clean plastic glasses, but then they should double check them before giving them out, because it can be a turn-off. I know it was to my man. It is kind of "yewww" when you drink and see a crust in your glass, not knowing what it might be.
- shows/ animation: there are a lot of shows and animation in the evening, but unfortunately they're not well indicated. We had to ask the personel every evening where was what to know for sure. The hotel is big so maybe they don't know how to put it.
- alcohol: the all inclusive alcohol does not include cocktails and so on (they told us that on the first night). But it includes vodka, rhum,... so you can get a cocktail. You just have to ask for a cocktail with rhum or vodka.

Now, for the rest:
- food: I never get the people who say that everything was disgusting and so on. They have to restaurants with buffets, so how can you not be able to pick something you like. Ok, the french fries weren't great (but you're in Egypt:not exactly their specialty, remember?), but you still can find a lot of other dishes you might like. They also cook a special plate every evening outside on the barbecue (fish, hamburgers, pigeon,...). You can go to one of the 5 à la carte restaurants (remember to leave a tip, they'll really appreciate it). The only thing: I found they didn't have much choice for fruits. I expected to find melons, mangoes, watermelon, ... they only had apples and maybe one or two other fruits.
- Room: our room was really good. The bed was perfect, so I slept like a baby (when the mosquitoes left me). The bathroom was big, functionnal (I loved the shower) and clean.
- aqua park: the aquapark is really cool. Even as adults. We went everyday on at least two different games.
- beach and sea: this hotel has a kite surf and wind surf station and it it perfect for this purpose. But if you'd only like to sleep on the beach and have a swim in the sea, not quite so. You'd better bring or buy shoes to go in the sea as there are a lot of stones and you have to walk quite a while before being able to swim or you just walk down the pier and use the ladder to go into the sea.
- all in: the room service is good, you have new bottles of Coke, Fanta, Sprite,.. every day. You can eat nearly the whole day through if you want to, but they mainly have warm dishes (hamburgers, pizzas, ...) for snacks.
- SPA: we had a great time at the spa and had one massage a day. As we went in november the sun came down at 5pm, so after sunset we went to the spa and got ourselves a treat ;) The massages were really good and not expensive. The pool area in the spa was also really beautiful!
- service: the "room" service is really good and fast. We couldn't use our tv the first night (we arrived after 1am so we wanted to put the tv on before falling asleep), called the reception and it was done in the 10min after our call. The swim-up pools were cleaned every day, we asked the cleaning staff if they would spray our room after cleaning it which they did every day too. All in all, the service was good!

It was a good hotel (not my favorite one, but still). No food poisoning (as I read in other reviews), no rude staff (on the contrary), beautiful grounds, really beautiful reception, really nice swimming pools (and swim-up pools) ... nice water games in the aqua park,... so you can have yourself some great holidays :)

1  Thank Kwenaz
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been to Egypt twice before, but this was a shock. My only explanation is this - 99% of the customers staying at this hotel are Russian. The rest has just adapted to the clientele... Very very very bad food. Very bad service. Rude and ignorant staff. The hotel itself was quite beautifully done with some interesting architecture. But unfortunately it was somehow overshadowed by the above. If you want friendly helpful staff, fresh fruit, vegetables and quality drinks, don't stay here. Even the silly orange juice for breakfast is made from a powder.. And if you have been to Egypt before, you'll be familiar with the omelettes for breakfast - well here, the chef doesn't bother if the omelette will actually resembles one, or it will be a messy pile of fried egg. And do not dare to complain - here, the customer really doesn't come first.... There is quite a list I could write here, but to spare you, just take my advice.

Room Tip: Rooms are very noisy, with people rudely shouting outside your door either at midnight or at 7am. As...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank JitkaW
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at the Titanic Palace after a week nile cruise on board the m/s serenade with my husband, 11 year old son and my husbands mother. The resort is 5* and the hotel and grounds are beautiful, rooms were very nice and kept clean, food was good but sometimes repetative (we never had any tummy trouble for the week we stayed) we had a family swim up room which was 2 rooms, one bathoom, 2 flatscreen tv's, mini fridge with soft drinks and bottled water and step out into the pool (if booking one of these rooms ask at recetion for one that gets the sun otherwise you run the risk of being in the shade all day thats ok if thats what you want) most staff were helpful and curtious but you did get the odd rude one but we did'nt let that spoil our holiday.
You do get some rude russians and did feel a little isolated with the langauge barrier as not many english speaking people in the palace, we found that the sister hotel the titanic beach which the palace is joined too and shares the water park with had more english and the reception staff there spoke better english, but the palace was alot nicer and newer.
The beach was lovely but very shallow and went out a long was but got deeper at the end of the peir where you could go snorkling. The water park is great my son loved it! The only thing that let it down was I found myself going to bed early every night as not much entertainment. The hotel was a lot better than I expected after reading other reviews and I was not dissapointed.
The only thing I would say is take loads of mossy spray we had loads of bites !

Room Tip: Take loads of mossy spray!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kevange
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I have returned from a week’s holiday spent in the Hurghada Titanic Palace Hotel and Aqua Park feeling let down and deflated due to the poor service provided by poorly trained staff. I believe this is a five star rated hotel due to the facilities it has to offer,but a 3 star rating for the poor service. This is the first hotel I have stayed in where I’ve had to show the cleaner how to make the bed. I will try to make this as short as possible.
Arrived Monday evening 12/11/2012 - Our room booked and paid for was not available. We were given a free upgrade to a family room beside a loud techno nightclub with nothing to offer but an extra room with two single beds which we had no use for. Not good :-(
Tuesday morning - Met with the rep and paid for the city tour and mega safari. Absolutely exhausted after no sleep from loud thumping music all night, we paid an extra 15 Euros a night to be moved to a quiet bungalow near the beach. The bungalow had things missing which we had to contact reception for. Not good :-(
Tuesday afternoon – My wife and I had lots of fun at the hotels aqua park near the beach. Good aqua park :-)
Tuesday evening - We enjoyed the evening with ok house wine and good food. Nice :-)
Wednesday morning - Jogged along the beach to the end of the jetty and back to prevent being harassed by fitness staff for massage and beauty therapy when going to the gym. We did this every morning and really enjoyed snorkelling off the beach jetty at no extra cost :-)
Wednesday afternoon - Got ready for the city tour. Door locked from inside. Cleaner tries to enter due to the missing do not disturb sign. Cleaner knocks on the door. As I open the door to advise cleaner why the door was locked from the inside, cleaner accidentally pushes the door in my face hitting me in the eye with a metal knob fixed to the door at eye level. Very upset on that day and told the cleaner to go away. Went on the city tour in a bad mood, met nice people from Romania and returned feeling a lot happier. Good city tour :-)
Thursday morning - Had a good breakfast as food was good as usual. Happy :-)
Thursday afternoon - My wife (PADI open water diver) and I (PADI rescue diver) went scuba diving with the Titanic Dive Centre. The dive guide miss read the dive leaving my wife short of air providing her with his auxiliary regulator (octopus) to share his air while holding her arm to complete the dive back to the exit point boasting about how much air he had left in his tank (Bad Practice for PADI standards) We then had snacks and beer at the beach bar only to find mucus at the bottom of our plastic glasses. Got back to the bungalow to find no towels, yet the cleaner had been. Not a very good afternoon :-(
Thursday evening - Enjoyed the AI food and drink, but I did have to return a cracked tumbler of wine served to me as there were no wine glasses. Poor service :-(
Friday Afternoon - Getting a little fed up now of the very poor service. Had to teach the male cleaner how to make the bed with the smooth bed sheet on the inside of the scratchy quilt cover, not the outside to make it look pretty and left him to it. Not good :-(
Friday evening - Had to approach the reception asking for the fridge in our bungalow to be filled with water and soda as the cleaner forgot. Once again poor service :-(
Saturday morning - We became ill with a stomach upset which we took medication for. My wife could not eat for the next three days, but good for her still managed to make the mega safari, ridding quads, driving spider cars and visiting the Bedouin village in the desert. My wife enjoyed the trip :-)
Saturday evening - Went to bed due to bad tummies :-(
Sunday morning - My wife and I went diving with the Titanic Dive Centre again with the same dive guide and his friend an open water diver who dived above us at approximately 1 metre from the surface to save air. This ended in a heated discussion with me, the dive guide and his friend as they tried the same poor practice as before with sharing air to complete the dive. Why? I will never know. But it does leave me wondering if the guide would have tried the same poor practice if I had been another bloke instead of a woman? Once again poor PADI dive practices :-(
Sunday afternoon - My wife and I are now fed up with the poor service and have to deal with the mistake made by reception, as the transfer pickup time was the same time as the airport departure time. OMG what next? My wife chose to deal with this situation. She was asked twice to come back in half an hour and then for two hours for one reason or another. After two hours I had enough. I went to the reception and asked very politely for them to sort out the transfer pickup time. I was then asked by the reception to come back in half an hour. I then became a little more assertive and had the problem sorted out in five minutes. The list had been printed in portrait instead of landscape hence the missing pick up time column :-(
We are home now with bad tummies putting this unforgetable experience behind us as if it was just an expensive bad dream. I have managed to fit most of the hiccups we encountered in this little note but don’t have time for the rest, but sincerely do hope this helps.
I will say that the resort itself is beautiful but due to the constant poor service, it’s just not good enough for us to return. P.S Tipping genorously did not improve the service.

Room Tip: “Bungalows near the beach are very nice if you can handle being eaten alive by mosquito’s :-( Purcha...