“Hurghada with new SON BIJOU- again and again”

New Son Bijou Diving Center
Ranked #2 of 262 Tours in Hurghada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: as PADI Dive Resort we organize amazing scuba diving and snorkeling for whole family since 1987! Our daily scuba diving and snorkeling trips are suitable for families with children, groups, singles and couples. We are friendly family Deutch, Egyptian run diving center who offer all PADI courses and also rent of apartments in the diving center. Experienced dive team speaks English, German, Slovenian, Croatian-Serbian and Arabic. If you want to avoid massive tourism and avoid crowded boats come to Us! New Son Bijou Diving Center is your safe and best choice for a great holiday in Hurghada.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We know Ahmed since 2007, during our first stay in Hurghada.
Since then we always like come to him.
This year my son wanted to dive for the first time.
I can only say he loved it and will do it again.
Ahmed is a very safety conscious guide. I have complete trust in him.
My 3 year old daughter equipped with safety vest has accompanied us on the boat
and has felt very well.
Who wants to have a family diving school, a high value on safety
is here in the right place.
We will be back for sure.

Also a special thank to sayed for the pick up from the hotel just in right time.

1  Thank EnricoGermany

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a great time with New Son Bijou! :) Being a lone traveller, and a young asian thing, the dive centre and co. (many returning divers) made me feel integrated and at home. Ahmed also made sure I was happy and it was more about the service and extended friendship over business. Every night would be spent at cacao bar where we were kings of the foosball table and just gathering to make stupid talk about everything in general. Had many a nights up on the rooftop just gazing at the stars and talking the night away with Khaled as well. Wonderful hospitality at this dive centre! :)

2  Thank Huiwenlee
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We chose New Son Bijou after reading the trip advisor reports as to how good they were with families and especially kids. I've done a number of dives before, my partner has done one but our two teenage kids had never dived.

We were staying out of town so the dive school sent a car to collect us. Unfortunately the driver seemed to think that driving at twice the speed limit and using an illegal police siren to get other cars out the way so he could weave through the traffic at will was a good idea. Wrong. Thankfully his car broke down on the way back shortly after leaving the dive centre and the guy who took us back was a lot more relaxed.

Onto the diving. We got kitted out and then headed off in a mini bus to the dock and got on board. There were three experienced divers on board as well as us (and some americans who were just snorkelling) along with the crew including 2 instructors so a small and friendly group. We waited whilst the experienced guys did a short wreck dive and then headed out to a shallow lagoon.

I was expecting some sort of training for the kids in the shallows but they were straight in with the instructor. Certainly when I did my first dive we did a training session in the pool first to learn a few basic skills but there was none of this (just a quick verbal briefing beforehand). However the kids were tight to the instructor the whole time and they were OK. But we were expecting one on one instruction for the kids and that didn't happen.

My partner and I went with the other instructor. Whilst she has dived once before she was nervous and was somewhat alarmed when the o-ring on her tank failed 5 meters down. This after two o-rings had blown prior to this on the surface. Just made me wonder how closely the kit had been checked. My regulator mouthpiece was also knackered so I had to use the second reg. Not a problem but it made me wonder about attention to detail.

At no time did I feel that we were at all unsafe and I felt the Ahmed, the owner, took safety very seriously so we may have just been unlucky.

For the second dive I went with the experienced guys as I have the basic PADI qualification and that was fine. My partner and her daughter (who took to the diving like a natural) went with Ahmed and the plan was for them to dive and for him to then come back and take our 13 year old lad on his own (he found it a lot more alien and wasn't sure whether he wanted to do the second dive). As it happened he decided not to do the second dive but when Ahmed came back aboard he wasn't even asked if he wanted to do his second dive. Had be been offered he may well have done it and enjoyed it (he went snorkelling later in the holiday and loved that).

Very good lunch on board with as much water and soft drinks as you wanted and price wise, I thought it was excellent value. Also there were a load of photos taken underwater and on the boat and these were freely distributed at the end of the day - something many dive schools would charge for.

Personally I would dive with them again if I'm back there but don't expect a big dive school slick operation.

4  Thank Robert W
Reviewed March 12, 2013

As a first time diver, the experience was incredible. I felt very safe aboard the ship and underwater. I liked that we (the newbies) went in one by one and Ahmed was very pacient and made sure we were ok every step of the way. He briefed us prior to the dives about the underwater signs and safety measures and under water he pointed out fish, animal life and reef formations. Every dive was in a different location and there was always something new to see. The atmosphere aboard the ship was very relaxed, all the crew was very helpful in setting up the equipment and making us feel right at home...and let's not forget the delicious lunches. :) I enjoyed the dives very much and would recommend New Son Bijou Diving Center to anyone who wants to have an amazing above&underwater experience.

1  Thank Ralu_1812
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great place to choose for your diving. I started my first steps into diving with New Son Bijou Diving Center and make it up to PADI Divemaster. The experience, honesty, humor and hospitality is always top notch. You feel secure in the water with them and they work with you almost one on one and not in big groups. If you want personal customer service, family atmosphere, enjoy mix international company of divers (from Australia, South Africa, USA to UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, France, Spain...), professional Instructors, amazing diving then New Son Bijou Diving Center is your right choose! Lidija, Ahmed, Khaled and the rest of the team with their own characters contribute to the vibe and feeling of this diving center. In their company diving is so much more enjoyable with lots of fun, but safety is always priority! I would highly recommended New Son Bijou Diving Center for both newbies & experienced divers. See you soon ;-)

1  Thank Anna O