“Excellent service”

Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
Ranked #10 of 281 Outdoor Activities in Hurghada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Egypt Tours Portal" has concentrated its efforts for offering travel services of the highest quality, combining our energy and enthusiasm with our years of experience. We are specialists in arranging: Day trips from all Egypt cities, Shore excursions from all the Egyptian ports, travel packages and Nile cruises. Our consultants have many years of experience in designing unique Egypt travel programs according to your taste and budget. All you have to do is tell us what would you like to do and we will arrange everything for you.
Reviewed April 17, 2018

"abu simbel"
in 22 reviews
"kom ombo"
in 7 reviews
"private air conditioned car"
in 6 reviews
"high dam"
in 11 reviews
"horse and carriage ride"
"cairo airport"
"nubian village"
"hour journey"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I recently took the 1 day flight tour with the Egypt tours portal. From start to finish we received first class service and most definitely got our monies worth.

I booked this trip for my friends 40th birthday, following reviews I'd seen in here. The booking process was simple and straightforward (so much so I was sure something would go wrong!). Many tour operators will warn you to book tours through your hotel (for safety reasons etc) however this was cheaper and offered much more for your money.

The day began with an internal flight from hurghada to Cairo at 5am. All flights and transfers to and from the airport were taken care of. We were met at the airport by Mohammed Elshemei (our tour guide for the day) and Minii (our driver).

On our way to our first stop (the pyramids) we were treated to an authentic Egyptian breakfast of falafel and beans..although the mania of Cairo's roads had me feeling a little car sick, the one bite of it that I had was delicious!!!

At the pyramids & sphinx Mohammed made sure we got to the best view points for pictures but also gave a really interesting run down of the history of all three pyramids, including discoveries that have only just been made which was truly fascinating. I'm also glad that that by getting us there at 8am the sun hadn't got too hot and it was quiet enough to really appreciate what you were seeing.

After the pyramids we went to an essence shop, which sells some beautiful Egyptian oils. Mohammed stayed close-by throughout so we never felt left or at the mercy of the shop. He made it clear that we were under no obligation to buy, but when we did, he got us a couple of little extra gifts to add on (for free). It was a really enjoyable experience and we never felt like anyone was giving us the hard sell, or making us feel uncomfortable.

After the essence shop we went to the papyrus centre. We watched a demonstration on how to make papyrus paper which was incredibly interesting and informative. Mohammed gave us space to enjoy the demonstration and the art, however was soon on hand when it looked like we might need help bartering.

After the papyrus centre Minii and Mohammed took us to an Egyptian restaurant for lunch. They made sure we had a window seat so we could see the sphinx and pyramids from our table. Mohammed and Minii had lunch with us, which was lovely, and the food (whilst being enough to feed 20) was exceptional. Really fresh and tasty salads mixed with succulent meats and a fruit and dessert platter to end.

Mohammed had found out it was my friends birthday that day and even managed to organise a few artisan cakes and a round of happy birthday (in Egyptian) as a last minute celebration! This was a really genuine and lovely thought.

After lunch Mohammed gave us a tour of the museum. He made sure we saw some important pieces that were dotted all over the enormous building (that we most likely would have missed without him) and his knowledge and passion was immense.

After the tour it was back to the airport. We could have had time for shopping or a quick boat tour on the Nile, but having had just a few hours sleep we were ready for a coffee and a sit down!!

There was a little confusion about meeting our trabsfer back to the hotel however after a 7 second phone calls to the tour operator we were met within minutes. We did even need to give our names on the phone, the operator was in it straight away.

I came to cairo 10years ago and remember it being pretty overwhelming, and always feeling like you needed to be on guard....today was a completely different experience and I felt like I could relax and really enjoy the experience. I cannot recommend this tour enough...the day was one I'll never forget and the value for money is amazing.

3  Thank Tamsin K