Ways to Experience Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
from $240.00
from $275.00
from $190.00
More Info
All reviews nile cruise our tour guide abu simbel karnak temple kom ombo high dam cairo alexandria nubian village his knowledge wonderful guide light show horse and carriage ride private car amazing tour alabaster factory ancient history answered all our questions
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2017

My 18 yr old daughter and I had the most amazing tour of Egypt filled with memories that will last a lifetime! I organised our 12 night tour with Ahmed via email ( with various alterations ) and everything went like clockwork. We were met at every stop by guides and drivers and were treated like honoured guests. I have always traveled independently in the past but taking my daughter to Egypt ( and never having been there myself ), I felt the need for some added security but I was surprised by how safe and secure I felt. There really is no need to worry about any of that.Everywhere we went we were welcomed by warm, friendly and generous people. Our guides, Ibrhim ( Cairo and Alexandria )and Mahmoud ( from Aswan to Luxor ) made all of these ancient sites come to life for us. Our drivers were so professional ( and yes, traffic can be crazy in Cairo) that we always felt in safe hands.
We spent our last days planning our next visit to this incredible country and cannot wait to return! Egypt Tours Portal delivered a superb service for an amazingly good price.( frankly, I couldn't have done this cheaper myself ) and we recommend this company wholeheartedly!!

1  Thank kellysmith77
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

Booked a 2 day trip to Luxor online via the website. Quick response to my emails and questions. The driver picked us at our hotel bang on time. Nice comfy car, polite and helpful driver. 3 and a half hours later we were in Luxor and met our guide Sam.
He was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Answered all our questions we had on both days. After seeing the temples on the east side we were taken to our hotel which was lovely as well. Day 2 we did the West Bank of Luxor which included the valley of the kings. Both days we had lunch included (except drinks) in 2 different restaurants but both were nice. We ended this with a boat trip on the Nile.
Sam was lovely and we couldn't of asked for a better tour guide. We would highly recommend this company.
Tracy & Stewart.

1  Thank Tracy_Lousia
Reviewed February 22, 2017

It was not my first time to Egypt but first trip via Hurghada to Luxor. I was, therefore, somewhat worried. Unknown territory and I was travelling alone. No need to worry; the car arrived on time and within 3 hours I was in Luxor; safe at the Pavilion Winter Palace. My friends followed on three days later and we did two tours: Hatsheputs tomb, 3 tombs in the King's, a lovely lunch at El Hussein's in Karnak. Later in the evening tour was to Luxor Temple. The following day our tour included lunch at Banana Island and a boat trip across the Nile. Mohammed Hussein was our Egyptologist guide. He was excellent, all the information he gave about the temples and tombs was interesting and detailed. We booked a further tour; a visit to Medinet Habu Temple and the workers and nobles tombs. All tickets were taken care of by him and his explanations of the history of these great monuments was fantastic. My transfer back to Hurghada was smooth, with one change of car at a stopping off point, and then direct to the airport. Very safe!! The cars were of good standard. I will be back to Egypt soon, and will certainly use these services. On the tours, wear good walking shoes and make sure you take a camera. Awsome!! Marie Best

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Everything ran like clockwork as per the itinerary we'd been sent before our arrival in Egypt. We had 2 sightseeing days in Cairo and 2 in Luxor and over that time 3 amazing guides - Ahmed, Susie and Sammy - all very knowledgeable, friendly, considerate, happy to change timings to suit us and our moaning children where necessary. The 4 days we spent with Eqypt Tours were brilliant and a great way to see the main sites in Egypt. There's no way we would have seen half of what we did if we were on our own, let alone go to eat in good places and buy sensibly priced souvenirs (& a fab carpet!). Would definitely recommend using this company if you're in Egypt!

2  Thank Ilikegoingout
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

This was perfect for me and my two children travelling alone to Luxor. We were collected at 3pm by our own driver who took us the 4 hour drive across Sahara to meet our guide Haytham outside the Luxor temple. From start to end there was flexibility about what we wanted to do and when. We saw Luxor temple at night which was perfect. The driver and guide worked like clockwork making all the arrangements for hotel and pickups. We felt 100% safe with an educated guide along the way. Haytham even checked us into the hotel. 9am the next day we headed to Karnak with personal guide q & a along the way! Then lovely trip across the Nile and stopped off for drinks in Africa rooftop restaurant (great food as we returned for lunch and welcome) before valley of the Kings tour,lunch and then drive back. Haytham was very thoughtful giving my kids constant snacks and keeping an eye on us all. So glad I did this trip and highly recommended to get you seeing the world outside resort hotel. Thank you.

2  Thank GillRomsey