“Day trip from Hurghada to Luxor”

Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
Ranked #10 of 281 Outdoor Activities in Hurghada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Egypt Tours Portal" has concentrated its efforts for offering travel services of the highest quality, combining our energy and enthusiasm with our years of experience. We are specialists in arranging: Day trips from all Egypt cities, Shore excursions from all the Egyptian ports, travel packages and Nile cruises. Our consultants have many years of experience in designing unique Egypt travel programs according to your taste and budget. All you have to do is tell us what would you like to do and we will arrange everything for you.
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Took a day trip from Hurghada to Luxor with my girlfriend in July and the day was fantastic. It was very well organised and ran smoothly. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and answered all questions fully with enthusiasm and assurance. Fitted many sites into the day including the temple of Karnak, Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut temple and a boat trip on the Nile. I would recommend this great tour to anyone.

3  Thank Mercerania
"abu simbel"
in 22 reviews
"kom ombo"
in 7 reviews
"private air conditioned car"
in 6 reviews
"high dam"
in 11 reviews
"horse and carriage ride"
"cairo airport"
"nubian village"
"hour journey"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2016

Professional and expert guides made our Trip to Egypt the most memorable trip ever. Our guides Ahmad and Mohamed gave us a slice of Egyptian history and culture with great professionalism.

3  Thank BennieM61
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

I was there and it was very beautiful. The people, the hotel and the sightseeing assistents are very awesome. I would recommend to do the trip. You gonna have a lot of fun. When I have the chance to visit it a second time i would do it!

2  Thank salsa_el
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

I went on 4 trips with this company booked at the prices on their website. I was very happy with the prices.
I did scuba diving, visit to Griffin island with snorkeling, glass bottom boat trip and day trip to Luxor.

The customer service with my rep from the office and Muhammad who was my contact on whatsapp and via the message board on their website was outstanding.

I booked on line which is very advantageous s you can choose the days you want to do your trips you have more flexibility you can also swap days.

I paid 10% deposit 12gbp and paid the outstanding balance in cash to the rep who came to my hotel.

With my first trip there was a bit of a confusion with the start time, my error I took on the times allocated online when in fact rep told me an earlier time. So I missed my first pick up. Called the office and they were great ! They just swapped my trips around, I went on the glass bottom boat trip instead of diving. And changed the diving trip to the day I would have done the glass boat trip.

I loved scuba diving the most and have now taken up diving and will be back to get my certificate. My diving instructor Waeel was absolutely 5* this is my favourite trip that I recommend to everyone.

Griffin island and snorkeling was amazing it is a must see. So with snorkeling it's more free rein. You get alot of time for yourself with is a plus in my eyes. The happy dolphin company provide this tour and they were great again. My instructor Alex was very welcoming he made me feel very comfortable and showed me some amazing sites.

Glass bottom boat is what it is. It's a short half day trip for a break out of the sun's lovely views. It was exciting when the guide fed the fish and 100s all surfaced to eat, all multi coloured. But you cannot compare it to snorkeling or scuba diving. I'd say if you can go in the water go snorkeling instead.

Luxor is a must see! 4 hours each way by coach . If you can do the 2 day trip I would say it's a better option. Because after it is such a long day out in the heat I didn't really enjoy the last site Karnak Temple as I was struggling with the 50C plus heat. If I had time I would have loved to stay at the beautiful hotel on the Nile.
We did a Nile cruise and it cost about gbp 10 - just under. Which is fine but all the other companies included it. I didn't really mind paying.
My guide Marwa was so friendly and accommodating. I felt safe walking through the sites / market areas with her. She was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about her work.
She answered all my additional questions. I really struggled with the heat on the last trip and she kindly went at my speed- I wanted to get out of the sun asap.
There was one point I found slightly off none of my other guides did this she asked will I tip...and I just looked at her back, I had not decided. When I tipped the other guides I done it privately at the end of the tour. She then said she will go aside and give me some time and asked again if I will tip her - most tourist will not like this. She came back and I said I will not be tipping her and then she asked how much I will give the other guide and driver.....
I found this odd and didn't like it, hence no tip. I really like the lady and don't believe she meant any offence by this. Just for future reference though it's best not to approach tourists in this way.
We expect to tip but prefer not to be pushed.
Highly recommend this company!

1  Thank Natasha A
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

We can not recommended this trip enough, was the most wonderful humbling experience. My husband and I travelled with our 6yr old son from El Gouna for the day. The trip was so well organised and executed, bus waiting for us in the morning from our apartment, Ahmad waiting for us when we landed. We were all blown away by the actual Pyramids but also Ahmads knowledge and passion were amazing - the attention to detail was just fantastic. Our son left his glasses in the museum - we didn't even notice but Ahmad had a call and they were sent to the restaurant where we had a great lunch!... It is a really long day and by the afternoon our son was shattered, so really pleased we chose the 8pm flight.... I actually can not think of one negative or thing went wrong was a smooth wonderful experience and as soon as our girls are old enough (currently 4yrs) we will be returning and would 100% use this company - we got a bit mixed up with the exchange rates and didn't tip enough so they are owed by us
Xx