Book In Advance
Tours from Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
from $130.00
from $240.00
from $275.00
from $190.00
More Info
All reviews nile cruise our tour guide abu simbel karnak temple kom ombo high dam cairo alexandria nubian village his knowledge wonderful guide light show private car amazing tour alabaster factory answered all our questions banana plantation ancient history
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2015

We booked this trip after a lot of research into the various tour companies and we were so pleased that we did pick Egypt Tours Portal, they gave us exactly what what we wanted. We have visited Egypt several times so we had already visited a papyrus museum and a perfume factory, we just wanted to visit the Cairo Museum and the
Pyramids at Giza and that is exactly what we did. Right from pickup at our hotel in Sahl Hasheesh everything went exactly to plan. We were greeted at the airport by the very helpful and knowledgable Yasser and a very safe driver. It really was a perfect day from start to finish and a big thank you to all.

2  Thank Goaways
Reviewed October 9, 2015

Hi

Just got back from two weeks in Marsa Alam, Egypt and must write a review for Egypt Tours Portal. Whilst in Marsa, we decided to book a two day trip to Luxor and so checked on the internet and fired off a few emails to various companies for quotes and itineraries. After reviewing all the responses, we opted for Egypt Tours Portals and am really i glad we did.

The trip and service was amazing. We were picked up (very early in the morning) in a modern air conditioned car and taken to Luxor (got there in just over three hours !! but very safely driven.) To cut a long story short, in the two days, we saw Karnak temple, Luxor temple at night, valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi of Memnon, had a hot air balloon ride overlooking Luxor and the desert at dawn (amazing !!) Had a trip down the Nile for lunch on day one, and in a veranda restaurant over looking Luxor temple across the river for day two. The Sonesta St Georges Hotel was wonderful and right on the Nile. For a small fee, we asked an upgrade to a Nile facing room and were treated to a wonderful sunset over looking the west bank and Hatshepsut Temple.

Every time we came out of one of the attractions, Ahmed, our driver was there with the aircon and car waiting. Our guide, Mohammad, was excellent company and extremely knowledgeable about all the places we visited. There was no pressure on time and we spent as little or as long as we wanted in each area. What was even more impressive was that the itinerary was flexible and Mohammad was happy to change anything if we wished both in terms of the itinerary or order of visits.

The two days were amazing and we cannot thank Egypt Tours Portal, Ahmed and Mohammad enough for a truly fantastic and memorable experience.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Egypt Tours Portal for service and safety as well as great value. There is a reason they are top of of Tripadvisor ratings. They are excellent !!

1  Thank Graham W
Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

Just got back after a great trip to Egypt and the tour organised by ETP was its jewel!
We booked the 2 day trip by plane from Hurghada to Cairo and Luxor.
First about our tour to Cairo:
Visited in this order: Egyptian Museum, lunch at the Nile river, Pyramids, papyrus factory, Khan el Khalili bazaar.
I would not go to praise the objectives that we visited, maybe a couple of personal impressions. Our guide, Mr. Abraham was a knowledgeable, well informed and open minded man. He even helped us negotiate prices and made his best to ensure us everything we needed. Even took us to a coffee at McDonalds and dinner at KFC, and before departure, since we had time took us to a mall in the proximity of the airport.
Later we flew to Luxor where we were greeted by Sam.
We staid at a Hotel(Sonesta St. George) way better than the one we were on our vacation. Sam is also a History book, he took us to the Valley of the Kings, temple of Hatshepsut, lunch at the Nile river(food was great by the way), and later in the afternoon to the temples of Karnak. Maybe one note, he should stick a bit closer to his tourists since the touts are quite aggressive.
Altogether we had great support from Mr Sameer who even called us after each tour to make sure everything was OK and the tour was great.
My advice to anyone who has doubts is to go to Egypt. It may have its share of poverty and mainly on the internet you will hear that it is bad and dangerous, we never felt threats, just try to be open minded and you may have the experience of a lifetime.
Piece of advice: book with a good and reliable agency(ETP) since it will make the experience complete for you!

4  Thank 612andreib
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Not sure a review can possibly put to justice the INCREDIBLE day I have had with Egypt Tours Portal, and more specifically with HALEMOO. I almost didn't go to Egypt due to family members and media portrying it as very unsafe. Now, after being there, i wish i had gone much earlier!!!!!!!!!! I chose a day trip from Hurghada to Cairo, and after reading numerous good reviews decided to book with this company. Ahmad wrote back in a few hours, possibly even less and arranged everything for me, including my flight ticket. I was collected at my resort at 5:15 am by a lovely gentleman in a air conditioned van who drove me to Hurghada airport. Upon arrival at Cairo aiport I was picked up by the most AMAZING, friendly and reassuring gentleman by the name of Halemoo. After being with him for a few minutes all my worries were gone. He had a driver in a air conditioned van waiting for us eveywhere. I was provided with fesh bottled water and maximum attention. All my questions were answered and Halemoo made it very clear that he would do anything to make me happy and have the best time ever in Cairo. We went to the Egytian museum , which was just awe- inspiring...truly brining history alive. Halemoo has such an astounding grasp on history and was teaching and explaining to me indepth background on all the art, ancient usages ad customs of the Egyptian people. Halemoo was a hisrory teacher in his past so his knowledge is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! After this we went on a nie cruise, which was very refreshing and scenic and once in a lifetime experience !!!After this lunch at a nile view buffet style restuarant which was good and then we went to the Papyrus museum and finally my favourite part of the day the pyramids¨!!!! Upon arrival I was blown away by these magestic architectural wonders of the ancient world. Contrary to what people have written on forums about being harassed by sellers and camel owners, I did not encounter one such an event. Halemoo sheltered and protected me 100%. I was able to enjoy and revel in the moment and Halemoo was wonderful in that he never stopped to take pictures of me in every possible pose, and at every attraction throughout the whole day. I was worried about not having enough pictures since I was travelling solo, but Halemoo made sure I had probably about a hunred or more of me at the attractions!!!! awesome. I would recomment everyone to see the Pyramids of Giza atleast once in their life as i have travelled world wide, but never felt such a WOW. Did a camel ride and paid 250 pound to the camel owner and 50 extra for a tip...It is possibly expensive, but so Worth it!!!! After this we went to a traditional oïl factory which uses oils from flowers and plants grown in the SIWA oasis. It was very interesting to see and smell thèse exotic plants and spices but I did not purchase anything and felt no pressure to do so. While i was experiening the oils, Halemoo secretly went next door and bought me 3 huge dates containers and 2 traditional teas boxes!!!!! I was truly blown away in all senses by this hospitality as I had only mentioned to him my love of arabic products, especially dates. He gave them to me as a gift ( was a large bag full) and I cannot emphasize enough what a gentleman this man was. He invited me and my husband ( who was not with me but working this time :( ) back to visit his family in their tradiional village home where he originates from and we will definitely do so!!!!! I was taken to the airport and then Ahmad first called on Halemoo's phone to talk to me and make sure all my dreams ame true...oh and did hey ever!!!!!!! I cannot recommend this comapny more to anyone. Halemoo was like an angel and made me feel like royalty throughout the whole day. His hospitability is impossibe to do justice to merely by writing. But THANK YOU for giving me this experience in the most luxurious, and comfortable manner and keeping me safe like precious cargo. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO COME AND DO MORE TOURS OF OTHER PARTS OF EGYPT WITH YOU!!!!!

2  Thank 303MARY
Reviewed September 16, 2015

My husband and I were recently in Hurghada for our Honeymoon. We had the pleasure of booking two tours with this company, a day trip to Cairo and a day trip to Luxor.

Our trip to Luxor was a tad strenuous. The drive there is 4 hours long and pick up is around 5:00 AM. Additionally, there are about 10 security check points along the way. I can't say it was a relaxing drive at all, perhaps interesting, exciting, and terrible, but not pleasant. Once we arrived in Luxor, we met our tour guide Sam, who was very knowledgeable but lacked enthusiasm. It's understandable after 15 years of the same thing. We also didn't feel very welcomed in Luxor and were even told to refrain from stating we were American. That definitely made us a little uneasy. Regardless, it was a wonder day but very mentally and physically exhausting. The worst thing would definitely had to have been the drive back!

Our day trip to Cairo was a completely different story. My husband and I had anticipated Cairo to be the most dangerous outing of our entire honeymoon but we were pleasantly surprised that we experienced the complete opposite. Our tour guide, Yasser, was AMAZING. He was very knowledgeable about Ancient Egypt but also about the current social and cultural facets of modern Egypt. We definitely learned a lot from him and enjoyed his company immensely. He also spoke Spanish and English flawlessly. If you get Yasser as your guide, you hit the jackpot!

If you book any tour with this company, definitely opt for the flight option. It will save you hours of being in a car in a country where traffic laws don't mean anything.

BTW! THE PYRAMIDS ARE THE MOST BREATHTAKING VIEW YOU WILL EVER SEE!

Date of experience: August 2015