Ways to Experience Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
from $399.00
from $130.00
from $275.00
More Info
All reviews nile cruise our tour guide abu simbel karnak temple kom ombo high dam cairo alexandria nubian village his knowledge wonderful guide light show horse and carriage ride private car alabaster factory amazing tour ancient history great pyramid
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2015

This was the BEST 2 days of our holiday in Egypt !! We booked a private 2 day tour to Luxor from our Sunrise resort in Hurghada. There is not enough space here to go into all the details, but it included: river boat rides, lunches at fantastic local restaurants (one on Banana Island and the other a rooftop location with Nile views!!), personal guide to the best Egyption palaces, tombs and temples (by day and night!), a stay at the Steinenberg Palace Hotel on the banks of the Nile. Mahmoud1 our driver was great and got us there and back safely. Mahmoud2, our personal guide, was very considerate, passionate and knowledgable and gave us a very detailed historical insight before we explored each special place. We came back feeling very happy with having booked this tour. Our thanks goes to Ahmad Sameer for organising it and to the "A Team" of Mahmoud and Mahmoud. We are definitely coming back for more....this time we will stay in Luxor !! Thanks guys.
Brian + Mette

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed March 3, 2015

We are so glad we booked our day trip to Luxor through Egypt Tour Portals rather than through our holiday provider.
From start to finish our day was perfect, our drivers and tour guide were friendly and helpful, our visits to the Valley of the Kings, the Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut's temple and Karnak temple were amazing and made all the better by our tour guide.
We had a fantastic lunch in a rooftop cafe over looking the Nile and an amazing private boat trip across the river.
If we travel to Egypt again in the future we will definitely use Egypt Tour Portals for any excursions.

2  Thank Lottie8899
Reviewed March 2, 2015

I booked a day trip to Luxor from Hurghada with Egypt Tours and had such a good day. Mahmood picked me up from my hotel in HRG at 5am and we got to Luxor around 830am. On arrival in Luxor, my guide, Hoda Kamel, joined my driver and myself. Hoda is the only female guide used in a male dominated industry-but her knowledge of Egyptian history was amazing.Our first stop was Valley of the Kings. I initially wanted to go bursting through and look at everything but Hoda sat me down and gave me key points to the history of the site. I was fascinated and took in as much as I could. Next stop was Temple of Hetshatsup, then Colossi of Memnon, Lunch in a restaurant by the Nile followed by a boat trip across to the other side to visit Karnak. I have wanted to see these amazing sights for a long time and thanks to Hoda Kamel, I have learned about them too. Thanks Egypt Tours for a great itinerary - special thanks to Hoda Kamel for an amazing fun day and for sharing your fab knowledge!

1  Thank echomania
Reviewed February 25, 2015

We had a day trip from Sahl Halsheesh to Luxor. Mahmood picked us up exactly on time and we drove to Luxor, some 3.5 hours. On arrival we collected our guide, Hoda Kamel, the only female guide used-and she was wonderful! Her knowledge and oratory skills were second to none, ask for her, you will be amazed. The tour was exactly as promised, all paid for and the sites to see breath taking.There was no hurry at any point, as much time as required was allowed. Hoda even gave us coins to enter the toilets as we had none with us! (The toilets - ugh, beware). The lunch was delightful overlooking the Nile and Karnak Temple at the end of the day was breathtaking. The trip home was long as there was a lot of traffic but we arrived back at our hotel exactly at the time stated on the itinerary. Hoda's passion for the area was inspiring. We cannot praise this excursion highly enough.

1  Thank Sammie07071966
Reviewed February 25, 2015

We booked a week long trip from London with Egypt Portal tours. I had a very specific itinerary in mind and Ahmad made it all work very smoothly, especially important as we took our two children. We visited Cairo, Aswan, Luxor and relaxed a few days in Hurghada and took a snorkelling trip on a lovely boat. Everything was amazingly well organised and Egypt Portal Guides are very knowledgable and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We can't recommend Ahmad and his team highly enough! Thank you!