“Cheap hotel = everything half-done” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of AMC Azur Hurghada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
AMC Azur Hurghada
Ranked #145 of 229 Hotels in Hurghada
Moscow
“Cheap hotel = everything half-done”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I accidentally got to this hotel for 9 days in July.

Looks like everything is half-done:
1) Repairs in the rooms is made negligently.
2) Rooms are cleaned at random times of the day. Same as the sheets.
3) Staff are TOO insolent.
4) I had diahrea for the whole stay.
5) Food is 4/5. No fruit.
6) Sea depth gets to around 2m only 1KM far from the beach
7) No trees, no territory at all
8) Cant get to neighbot hotel because of bracelets
9) Hotel is too far away from everything

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Le J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

i stayed in this hotel last september and was very dissapointed with the service.
i called the reception 2 times to send shampoo to my room, and it never came until i left the hotel.
there was no internet in the hotel.
buffet meals were really plain.
rooms were nice, though, so were the pool areas and beach.
there werer a few water sports, including kite surfing and wind surfing,which was fun ( i took wind surfing course, which costed 30 USD or 25 EURO for an hour).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I booked this hotel through the internet after having gone through the reviews which were good,yet when I went there I was shocked.The lobby was very crowded with low class people ( looks like the hotel doesn't maintain a standard for his guests).The staff were very rude in dealing with us.We kept waiting in the lobby for hours and whenever I ask the reception they ask I should wait.They asked me to go to have breakfast,when I went to the restaurant I got a new shock,there were lot of flies and the table was not clean so I asked the waiter to clean it .When he came to clean it,he was using a dirty piece of cloth so I thanked him and went away.When I went to the reception,where they " claim" they offer drinks,I found them serving the drinks in glasses which were washed only by water !!!!
When I told the reservation that I am shocked with this poor hygiene setup,he said you already come and you will pay a complete night penalty ( he said with a very intimidating smile).
My advise,before you go to a hotel,you need to ask someone who was there,don't get tempted by reviews only.

Room Tip: Simply don't go there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mahmoud19792

Travelers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the AMZ Azur for 1 week in March this year, this was our first time to Egypt and we had the best time ever.
I am quite particular when booking a holiday as I worked in the travel trade for quite a few years so I am VERY picky!!
The hotel itself is lovely very big and clean. The pool is also big and even better with the swim up bar and was never to cold it was just the right temperature.
The two restaurants where lovely, you have to remember that you are in Egypt so the food isn't going to be like it is back home and this really does get on my nerves me when people moan about the food here if you want English food then go away in this country.
I really cant praise the staff enough they were so friendly and could not do enough for you, we took English money with us and also tipped with pounds coins.
The full day Jeep safari is a must this was amazing and if you have never gone snookering before this is a MUST.
If you want a good relaxing holiday I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view - beautiful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Laura S
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

If you 100% sure you want to visit Egypt, this place is more or less Ok to stay. Hotel is built in form of "U" with open side to the sea. Try to book room on external side closer to the sea. You will not have pool-view, but believe me - you'll have a chance to sleep well. Absolutely terrible are rooms "inside" and closer to entrance... Unless you don't care about constant noise from the swimming pool or vacuum cleaner at 6am or love drunk Russians dancing "kalinka-malinka" at lobby-bar after midnight... In general the place is not for the relaxation - noisy and occupied by Russians. Wind-Surf station is quite poor, try to go to the next hotel to have wider choice of boards. Food is Ok. Taxi to Hurghada cost $5 and 15 minutes. Only advice: NEVER pay in advance in Egypt unless you absolutely sure you may trust. But its better not :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank PavelZhdanov
Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Staff
Like in most of Egypt, the people are amazingly friendly and will do all they can to help, this hotel is no different. The reception staff were very helpful when we turned up with no holiday voucher printed out, they offered us a drink and we were settled in our room in no time.

The touts that are based in the hotel lobby trying to sell you taxi trips, submarine trips and massages are less friendly but move on when you are not interested.

The maitre'd was very attentive and listened to feedback but basic things such as chipped plates, lost drinks orders, missing cutlery are not good in such an established resort.

Usual buffet setup tries to cater for all tastes but the food wasn't great. Over salted and very samey - the breakfast was the best meal of the day. There is another smaller buffet that serves fresh pizzas which is good for a change. The poolside bars offer chips and hotdogs and ice-cream - very limited. I'd steer clear of this hotel if you are a vegetarian.

Room & amenities
The rooms are the best part of this hotel, completely at odds with the outdated lobby and surroundings. There is room for two double beds besides a sofa and table with a small balcony also. The bathroom is very big with a proper bath and shower and very well finished. The tea and coffee making facilities are also a bonus.

The onsite spa is very reasonably priced, I had a reflexology arms, legs and shoulders massage for 45 mins that cost £15.

We booked a day trip to Luxor from an agent in Hurghada town, cost about £30 each it is a long day but worth it - make sure your guide takes you into the sights rather than leaving you to explore on your own - much better learning experience.

The pool is very good and there are plenty of loungers. The beach is small with a a very shallow tide so you can walk out for 300m and do snorkelling. There is also a pier that stretches 500m and we spotted a dolphin on one day.

If you are into kite surfing you can have a go, costs about £80 for 4 hours tuition.

Guests
We were the only Brits, guests are mostly Russia and Eastern European, which I don't mind but when we were constantly ignored by the animation team it became a little annoying. Never once were we approached to join in on beach or pool activities or were we told about the evening shows. These turned out to be mostly terrible anyway.

Location
This hotel its quite a way from Hurghada city, if you take the hotel taxi it costs £10 return, go outside and flag a taxi down (there are plenty waiting) it will cost half that. The drivers also wait for you in town and bring you back. If you want to get a flavour of local life I'd recommend a trip there and there are plenty of shops and you can sample traditional Egyptian food (GAD cafe on Sheraton St is great).

In conclusion, not a hotel I'd recommend nor would I return, the Steigenberger Al Dau Club we stayed at last year was much better. But Hurghada has guaranteed hot weather, watersports and authentic life to make it a great destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing inwards, you'll get a pool view and sea view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Continent_Jumper
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Just got back from the AMC Azur. (March 2012) I have to say that this is a great hotel. Rooms very clean and spacious. Great views across the sea from the balcony. The lobby area a great place to chill out and relax, all staff very friendly and approachable. They all bend over back wards to make you fell welcome. A short walk down to the beach.
My only critism of this hotel would be the food, for me the food lacked any kind of authenticity. Most days were the same, for me as a vegetarian I found that your options were limited. Seemed to be the same recycled stuff on a daily basis. The saving grace is that for a short taxi ride you can go into the heart of Hurghada and visit the Marina where there is a wave of exciting restaurants that cater for your every need. Other than than I would visit this hotel again. The locals treated us really well, but be prepared to barter, travel to and from the town centre was an exceptional price, they wait for you and bring you straight back to the hotel. In town haggle for everything, even this is a great experience, stick to your guns on price, but at the same time, remember that this is their bread and butter. Worth every penny.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends