All reviews nice hotel aqua park favorite hotel sheraton road sea view animation team hotel room see you soon nice beach recommend this hotel beach bar special thanks volleyball luxor holiday camel internet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

My partner and myself stayed here for a week for New Years. We’d read the reviews but decided to give it a shot, even though my partner was slightly put off.
First off, contrary to what the reviews said, the staff were great! Very friendly, couldn’t do enough for us, always smiling and joking.. The room we had overlooked the pool, and had a sea view, and the cleanliness was good! We went prepared thinking we’d need to do a bit of cleaning ourselves, but non was needed! The room guy was spot on!
On a negative note, the hotel is far from quiet. We had 2 incidents with guests slamming doors repeatedly, shouting, fighting and screaming until the early hours! Our last night there it went on till 5:30am!
The food wasn’t great.. but we didn’t expect too much more really.
The main thing that lets the place down is the guests. Very few English, lots of Germans up to their normal tricks of hogging the sun beds as early as possible... And a ton of Ukrainians.. Not one good word to say about them. Rude, ignorant, self obsessed, vain(they think they’re on a photo shoot all the time), and ever so dull!
There’s a lot of sellers on the beach there that hassle and try to talk you into buying things.. and you’ve got to be stern with them.
But all in all, due to the day trips of Luxor and the diving we done, we had a great time!
Would I visit this hotel again? No. Purely because of the type of guests there.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Adventure56355971937, Manager at Sphinx Aqua Park Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Guest: First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our resort and for taking time for write us that review which is really give us great help to improve our service and our place to be better, also we are so sorry about the single case of loud guest which is unfortunately happen with you so we are so sorry again and that kind of single, case we try to solve on time not to disturb our dear guests, also we need to inform you about mix nationality we start work on that to make the all nationalities is almost similar count as we can so thank you for mention.
Finally we hope that you will visit our hotel again and we give your our promise that you vacation will be the best as we can to make it unforgettable.
waiting for welcome you again
Best regards

Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I spent 2 nights at this hotel in September 2018 . This review is past due.The property is a guarded facility alongside the beach and the location is excellent.Upon arrival, we were greeted with tea and flowers.The rooms werespacious and the balcony views overlooked the pool and the Nile River.The hotel had an infinity pool that overlooked the beach , it was beautiful!!!We ate at one of the restaurants nearby the pool and the dinner there was amazing!Breakfast wasserved daily, there was a lot of variety, and the food was delicious.Honestly , reflecting , my friend's & I wish we had spent more time in Luxor and at this hotel.This hotel was probably the best place property I've stayedin and the staff make you feel extra special during your stay.Highly recommend this property to anyone visiting hurghada

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Moubarak2020
kingtutresort, Manager at Sphinx Aqua Park Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Moubarak:

Sphinx Resort Team would like to thank you for the nice review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your holidays with us.
Looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Best regards
Hotel management

Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in need of revamp, food quality poor, the hotel caters at 99% for Ukrainians, all activities and hotel staff speak the Ukraine language no English spoken, we ended up spending more time in hotel room than the resort, avoid if possible go to other resorts, may look nice but looks can be deceiving.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2018

After reading all the reviews I was concerned but decided to take a chance and book. Got even more worried when my booking was cancelled then I had to re-book. I did not get the bed I wanted but when I saw the view I decided to keep the room and not complain. There was one uni-brow guy at front desk, Helai, who is not so customer service oriented and we found food options a bit limited. That's it for the 5-10% that would take it to excellent. Now for the good stuff.Taxi from Airport to hotel using uber is the cheapest and easiest. Check in was at the King TUT resort as they are on the same property, we had welcome drinks two guys from Front Desk, a manager named MELAD and another worker named SEBASTIAN made us feel special. They were very attentive when we came to the desk even when its busy and were very helpful with all sorts of things an great advice. The room was clean and had good views of the Red Sea and the pools below.The restaurants at Sphinx are definitely nicer than King TUT. A manager named , HANDY, at the Sphinx was always so welcoming and warm, cracking jokes with the guests and being social. The restaurants you had to reserve. The main restaurant, Cleopatra,was open buffet and had good service as well, just a nicer ambience in the Memphis Restaurant. Breakfast ran 7am to 10am, lunch-1pm to 3pm, dinner-6:30pm to 10:30 pm. We did an early tour to Luxor and they packed breakfast from the night before so we could get it for our 5am tour departure. That was amazing--Thanks to MELAD. We noticed they had entertainment for kids, nightly friendly family shows dominated by two of the hardest working person we've met. MAHMOUD and YASMIN MAKKADI were so entertaining, full of energy and sociable. Disco room was alive and trendy. The waterpark is small but just OK, beach was nice and marine life excellent for snorkelling. The Manager seems to involved as we spotted him a few times around and even spoke to him once. I would return to this hotel in the future, it was a very enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2018

The staff tried. They were very pleasant and accommodating. Unfortunately, their most common phrase was, "Sorry, it's broken". Brown water coming from the bathroom sink faucet, toilet didn't flush, shower didn't drain, restaurant elevator, ice machine at lobby bar, coffee maker at breakfast buffet. All inclusive? "Premium" liquor from plastic bottles, medium rare chicken, over sauced mystery meats. overcooked mushed mystery vegetables. They did have an egg station for breakfast but the line was super long. I didn't try the kid's cereal either. Maybe one of these two choices could have the saved day. Kidding, we could not leave fast enough after booking at another hotel. There was a loose tile fronting the door to the pool area. We pointed it out to the porter who showed us our room. He promised to report it to management and get it fixed right away. That was the last thing I checked before leaving the room the next day. It was still loose. Check the black tiles if you stay in room 1005.

Date of stay: November 2018