Review Highlights
XtremFrenchTeam2019

Thank to Jonathan and his team having organized this great kite cruise. We had a lot of fun and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
xtremjerem
Fantastic

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
V8976TWjime
Seoul, South Korea
via mobile

All reviews boat crew next year islam yacht kittens sea
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are lots of kite safari in Red Sea but I really like this one because host is so great and goes out of his way to satisfy clients. And all the staff who work on the boat is so friendly. Food was great. Service was professional and friendly. I highly recommend this safari

Date of experience: September 2019
DragonflyKiteSafaris, Owner at Dragonfly Kite Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was so great having you on the trip, Jim! And I'm so thankful you had such a good time—of course, it's always a good time when the wind is blowing 25+ knots everyday! I hope you'll have the chance to join us again in 2020 for another kite safari. Until then, I wish you many many days of wind, sun, and warm water!

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Just back from the most amazing trip of a lifetime with Dragonfly Kite Safaris!
I have traveled to El Gouna and kiteboarded from a kite station and was ready to explore the remote islands of the Red Sea on an all inclusive yacht.

The Dragonfly Kite Safari website gave me all the information of what to expect, the kite locations, what to bring, etc. I reached out with my specific questions and received personal detailed responses within hours. The communication from the owner/operator, Jonathan, gave me the confidence needed to prepare and got me so excited for the trip!

Upon arrival I was greeted outside of baggage claim, my bags were loaded into an air-conditioned vehicle with cold water and taken directly to a beautiful yacht. My bags were taken directly to my air-conditioned cabin and I was given a complete tour of the yacht and introduced to the Boat Captain, the staff, chefs and other guests.

By the time I woke up day one we were motoring to our first kite location...Tawila Island. Our gear, kites, and bars were shuttled from the yacht via Zodiacs and we kiting by 11am! Everyday we kited in 20-25knot wind with the locations all to ourselves (8 clients)! Each day we had a pre kite briefing- explaining the wind direction, the areas to play in, any obstacles. There was a zodiac in the water at every location, in case you needed help, which boosted my confidence knowing that if I needed assistance was there in seconds. The kiting was MEGA! We could kite as much as we liked, took breaks under the Dragonfly shade tent, relaxed in beach bag chairs or could hop in the Zodiac if we wanted to back to the boat to relax.

I took a lesson from Islam with the helmet radio and within an hour was linking my transitions and even landed airs! The communication was crystal clear and Islam is not only a complete ripper, he is an amazing instructor.

Boat life was amazing- great local food, fresh salads, juices each day and cold beers or red wine to relax after a long day on the water. Dragonfly even organized a beach BBQ one night, under the stars! The group was a mix of abilities and I enjoyed making friends, now friends for a lifetime! We even did sunset yoga to shake out any kinks from kiting. We shared photos each night viewing on the large flat screen in the lounge/saloon of the boat.

I highly recommend DragonFly Kite Safaris! I will be back!

Date of experience: July 2019
DragonflyKiteSafaris, Owner at Dragonfly Kite Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Thank you for the fantastic review, Laura! It was great having you on the trip and seeing your kite skills progress so quickly. We hope you can join us again on another kite safari soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2019

Absolutely incredible team of dedicated and passionate people. I was fortunate to take part in their safary early july and it was an amazing experience. Super recommended for those who want an intense and relaxed kitesurf trip.

Date of experience: July 2019
DragonflyKiteSafaris, Owner at Dragonfly Kite Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Thank you, Adriano! We are so thankful you had such a wonderful time! It was great to see you get out on your foil and really have a chance to explore the islands. We can't wait for you to return next year!

Reviewed July 21, 2019

I just back from amazing holidays with DragonFly Kitesafaris It was really unforgettable time during one week on the sea.Everyday different island , unforgettable views ,constant wind ,pleasant and helpful crew , professional kite instructor(after just one week I can do downwind trip),great new friends and really good local food on the boat Can’t wait next holidays with them ❤️☀️‍♀️‍♀️Definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: July 2019

Thank you for the outstanding review, Tatiana! So glad you had the opportunity to do the downwinders with us as well as kite every day around the islands. It was definitely a magical trip. We hope you can join us again next year!

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed a lot this trip. I am from Spain and I didnt speak very well english... but It wasn`t any problem to understand... the food, the crew, the yatch, the spots, the people... all were amazing. Of course I recomend it to everybody.

Date of experience: July 2019

Than you, Alejandro! I'm so glad you such an memorable time with us on the kite safari. Your English was excellent—everyone enjoyed your humor and enthusiasm! You definitely made the most of the trip and kited everyday, plus snorkeling and paddling the SUP! Enjoy the rest of your travels and I hope you can join us again!