“Fantastic day out! Quad tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Falco Safari

Falco Safari
Ranked #62 of 237 Outdoor Activities in Hurghada
More attraction details
Owner description: hello .. we organize the best safari & sea trips in hurghada.. nowadays we are contracting with more than 23 tour operator .. if you will contact us directly you will get the same service but by cheaper prices
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out! Quad tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

First of all - incase they read these, I promised I'd write it when I got back. Then my internet went down, then I forgot.

This company is absolutely wonderful. I am the most cynical person ever when reading these reviews, but I cannot fault what these guys do. First of all, don't be alarmed when it looks like you're driving up to an abandoned building - the good bit is hiding around the other side! They offer sand goggles for 20 egyptian pounds. I'm unsure if you pay this to rent them out then get that back at the end - we didn't take them, but please if you go do, sunglasses are naff all good in the desert. Then they sit you on a quad each, and you have to do a little circle to make sure that you can control it. I was crap. They let me go round once again, then gave me the option, either sit on the back of the boyfriends, or one of the young lads would sit on the side of mine (litterally on the wheel arch!!) and help me steer it. I opted for the boyfriends as to be honest I get bored quickly and would stop paying attention 10mins in.

We set off across the desert, you're going for AGES! And I mean ages! A good hour (wear sun cream!). Then you get to the village, where you have tea. Now I have to admit, I'd woken up that morning with a disgusting stomach, and it was touch and go whether or not I was going to go, so I skipped the tea as I was unsure of the water source. They give you a tour of the village, where you have an over-view of their lives - and a camel ride. I presume it's when they're in, but they also have a lizard bit, with snakes and stuff you can hold (if you're into it, I am, the boyfriend is not) You're there for about and hour or so. Then you ride back for another hour. They have food, drink and some Shisha, they then take you back after the sunset. We got picked up at 2, and we didn't get back to the hotel until around 9ish....so it's a good long day out. We paid the equivalent of £35 each for this - and it was so worth it.

The guys are really friendly - the young boys don't really speak much, but the 2 older guys were brill. Mohammed (sorry if it's spelt wrong) was our guide and he was fantastic, you could ask any questions any time. Nothing was rushed, there was no feeling of being pushed through so they could go home, and nothing was too much trouble. On the coach home one of the guides sat with us (he has a son called Adam) and chatted away - he's very funny also.

Forget your little 1/2 hour excursion with your tour rep....these guys are by far the best and better value for money!

Visited June 2011
7 Thank Sarah L

• Polish first
Hagerman, Idaho
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“one of the coolest things I have ever done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Top notch throughout. The van arrived on time and took me and others to the facilities. Really friendly guys there who were smiling and funny, while also very serious about safety. I was having trouble with my scarf and immediately had some one helping me to wrap it properly. They had us drive around in a large circle several times to see who was having problems steering and I am embarrassed to say that I was a typical "woman" driver and was not doing well. To be honest I was afraid of tipping over (I am accident prone). No worries, Mohammad was assigned to ride with me (there were maybe 4 out of 25 in need of a helper). At first I was upset thinking I would just be a passenger but I was so wrong. He was awesome, sat off to the side and helped with the steering while I controlled the speed, except (and this was so freaking cool) when he would decide we were going too slow (as a group). We would stop, let the others pass, he would ask if I trusted him and not to worry, and then we would zoom past the lot of them, up over some sand dune they were going around, catching some air, me standing up in my seat, cheering and wooting. Totally forgot my fears and had an awesome ride. We arrive at the Bedouin camp and I am not expecting much, figure it will be a touristy thing. And sure, it kind of was, but it was also cool and done very well. We saw woman making bread and got to try it, learned about how they weave, their water system, and some of the things they use for medicine. There was an area with necklaces to buy but there was no pushing-just here they are if you would like to buy something~no? okay moving on! The camel ride was short but fun. The camel didn't spit and didn't smell (but he did try to bite one of the other camels during the ride) There is a reptile park there that I did not sign up for. You could pay and go in (I didn't) and at one point they let a 12 year old girl go in for free to see the snakes. The ride back Mohammad and I were the "escort" for the lone dune buggy that had come with us (those might be a good choice if ATV's scare you or you just want a ride) and we took the "long route". He took pictures of me "eating my ATV" and "holding the sun". Such a cool guy. I had not brought what I feel was nearly enough tip money (had not expected such personal service) so hopefully someone out there will hook him up someday. We arrived back at the facility at sunset and had an awesome buffet dinner and each table got their own hookah. I was the only American on the trip and for some reason the other guests were not friendly towards me (disappointing but I guess that just happens sometimes) but that meant I had my own hookah! In fact they told me they rarely get Americans (I got that everywhere in Hurghada as well....Americans-GO TO EGYPT! Yes my experience was special (thanks to Mohammad) but everyone seemed to be having an awesome time. I would highly recommend doing this trip. Oh and I have back problems-was worried how I would fair and the road (because you drive rather slow in a group) has some bumpy spots-but the buggies would be a good alternative for you then.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank serval_girl
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great safari, well organised and superb guides !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

After checking reviews before we went to Hurghada I emailed Hatem suggesting we were interested in a safari, Hatem emailed back with his contact details and asked to phone him on our arrival. I met Hatem 30 mins after calling him at my hotel and booked the safari making me aware of all the details of the trip, pick up times etc etc.
Well everything went exactly as planned and described by Hatem, a very nice touch was Hatem greeting us in person at his outpost in the desert !
We were a mixed language group and "The King of the desert" Hatems guide made everyone feel special and the whole trip made us feel special ...
I sincerely hope trouble in Eygpt ceases this year and this group of freindly well organised "friends" can enjoy a very busy and successful year guiding customers on an excellent desert safari .. rest assured on our return we shall be booking with Falco Safari and renewing old aquantainces and doing it all again ...
Cheers Mark and Chrissy

Visited January 2012
3 Thank MARK J
Gothenburg, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Greate tour operator! Highly recomended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Great tour operator. We went on two activities the “big red buggy safari” and “Utopia” snorkeling trip. Both were great with good guides, good food and a really good time. Mr Hatem was a very good organizer and has a fantastic service were he comes and meets the clients. I think that was fantastic because then there will be no questions and nothing that can go wrong.
I highly recommend Falco Safari and will book new programs with him next time in Hurghada.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Richard566
Hyderabad, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving was excellent and Guide at Quad Bike Safari was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We planned for Scuba Diving & Desert Safari with this company and Mr. Hatem co-ordinate the whole trip. But some how, the diving was started a bit late due to some technical problem with the vehicle which made our desert safari shortened. However, the Scuba Diving was very nice and the instructors are very professional and well knowledgeable. Kudos to Diving Team. Though our Sunset Safari was shortened which was just a 2hrs trip on quad bikes, the guide (dnt remember the name but his emailid is redstoredafari1@yahoo.com) was very friendly and funnny who made us enjoy the trip.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank dphanikiran
jameskerry, Owner at Falco Safari, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
hi phani .. it would be nice if you could explain why your quad safari was shorter & be only 2 hours trip not 3 hours because you asked about doing scuba diving & quad safari in the same day because you have only 1 day stay in hurghada & you finished your scuba at 4:30 pm & it was risky to drive all the trip in the darkness .. thx