1,823 results
All reviews premier romance landscape bar romance bar building work mahmoud aziz beach staff pro divers sahl hasheesh lounge bar italian restaurant sea view restaurant manager royal suite main restaurant small hotel the general manager special mention
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What can we say about the absolutely fantastic, totally relaxing two week holiday we have just experienced at this hotel.The hotel is immaculate,welcoming with stunning sea views and an outstanding beach.The staff at beach namely Ibrahem who provided beach towels plenty of advice and warm friendly greetings every day,and also Mustafa who provided a constant supply of much appreciated cold drinks plus lots of very helpful friendly advice.After a morning on the beech we ate at the out side beach/snack bar and found food to be excellent.We were served by Romanie who was also very helpful and always happy and cheerful.The food in buffet restaurant on an evening was excellent and beautifully presented.The service by the chefs and the waiters was exemplary and nothing seemed to be to much trouble.We ate in the two a-la-carte restaurants which were excellent and a special mention must go to Ahmed who served us in the Italian.We satyed in room number 1106 and would like to congratulate the cleaning staff as the service and personal touches were 100%.I have to mention Moustafa who served us without fault in Romance bar every night,Thanx Moustafa.We would recommend this hotel unreservedly and would be happy to revisit hopefully soon. We met some lovely couples on this holiday and made some very nice friendships, a special mention goes out to Ann and Pete, hope you are both well,we really enjoyed your company,trust Jack the cat is fighting fit and finally where's Fred?

9  Thank andrew r
Mohamed S, General Manager at SUNRISE Romance Resort Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of Premier Romance. The team and I are delighted that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. We thank you for mentioning the names of the various team members who provided you with exceptional service. We are thrilled that you have recommended our hotel to the Tripadvisor readers.

Premier Romance team is waiting for you for another perfect holiday

Reviewed August 31, 2013

we have just returned from home after and incredible holiday. The hotel is immaculate, your every need will be attended to here. The staff are all very professional,friendly and helpful without exception. The manager takes an interest in his guests and you feel really cared for at the Premier Romance. wE had no complaints food,room and service all excellent will be going back. Thank you to everyone from the hotel you all make it very special. I must just mention the beach service the guys work all day in the extreme temperature and you never want for a drink thanks to Abriham. Jonathan and Eric

Room tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
9  Thank Jonathanmacdonaldgib
Mohamed S, General Manager at SUNRISE Romance Resort Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Jonathan and Eric,

Thank you for your lovely comments on our product and services. We are extremely pleased that you will return to our hotel in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived back home a week ago and yet are still both feeling the benefits of the two weeks of relaxation and fun we had at the Premier Romance!

We genuinely do not have anything but lovely things to say about this hotel. It is idyllic. We have read back over the few more negative reviews that have been posted and really cannot understand how anyone has had anything less than an amazing time here!

We chose to travel to Egypt as our money seemed to stretch further than in Europe and we wanted guaranteed sun. From the moment we landed, we were pleased we made this choice! Everyone we met during our holiday was kind and helpful and Egypt really is a beautiful country. Had we not had access to the Internet and information from our Thomson Rep, we would not have had any idea that there were problems in certain cities and therefore urge anyone considering not going to change their minds and go! We felt safe and well-informed the whole time we were there.

Thomson:
Our rep, Gabriel, was brilliant. As an Egyptian with perfect English, he had local knowledge and connections and was always available should anyone need him. We booked a VIP Ocean Cruise through him run by Oceans Red Sea, Hurghada and it was amazing value and a great day out.

The hotel itself:
Wow. As we are in our early 30s and there are loads of places we still want to see in the world, we have always said we'd never return anywhere...until now. We know we will be returning!

Beautiful hotels and beautiful beaches where you can walk straight into the perfectly clear, turquoise sea and see an array of colourful sea creatures, of course exist in other parts of the world (at a far higher cost I am sure in the middle of August!) but I am almost certain that staff as incredible as the staff at this hotel do not. We have never met such professional, attentive (without being pushy or over-the-top) and friendly staff anywhere. They are what makes this hotel stand out from any other hotel in the world! They clearly enjoy working at the hotel and all wish everyone to have the best possible time they can. Not one member of staff let the team down in this respect and we fed this back when we had the canapés and cocktail meeting at the end of the holiday with the management reps. For us in particular, Moustafa Nast, Mahmoud Elzyz, Ahmed Mosa, the beach staff and Mohamed who cleaned our room were amazing, thank you. We loved the towel sculptures Mohamed made and wish we knew his secret to getting rooms so immaculately clean!

As awkward eaters (a veggie and a fairly fussy) we worried when we saw some negative reviews about the food. We needn't have worried at all! It was fresh, there was a wide range of it and whoever makes the bread should be given a medal! No complaints at all-it was delicious.

Do take a snorkel when you go; from the beach you can walk right into the sea (which was 30 degrees!) and see loads of fish from barely two metres from shore. Our high light was a sea horse and another guest saw turtles! O another watery note, there were always plenty of bends both at the beach and the pool.

If you are deliberating between here and anywhere else then, quick, book here! We spent our whole holiday feeling like we had been lucky in finding this gem.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank Leanne P
Mohamed S, General Manager at SUNRISE Romance Resort Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your motivating feedback and for reassuring Hurghada’s safety and encouraging Tripadvisor readers to book for their holidays at Premier Romance. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and its facilities on account of the hard working of our team members and given attention to detail which continued throughout your stay. We look forward to many visits.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited this hotel With my husband last year , it was a perfect holiday just relax and enjoy romance on the beach ,great sea view rooms & luxury in all details of the hotel , I highly recommend it for couples :)

Date of stay: October 2012
4  Thank Youya G
Mohamed S, General Manager at SUNRISE Romance Resort Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear guest, on behalf of premier romance team I would like to thank you so much for reviewing us on the tripadvisor . We glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we looking forward for the next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay here 12th-26th August and can say that the negative reviewers on here must be a nightmare wherever they stay. On arrival it was less than an hour from the plane touching the tarmac until we were sat with a cocktail in our hand on the picturesque terrace at the front of the hotel, opposite the beach. I tried to book a reservation for the Italian restaurant for that evening and was told that I couldn't because you have to book the day before, as this is impossible for somebody who's just arrived maybe they should relax that rule a little.
Breakfast is not too bad, similar to other A.I. hotels that we have stayed at, there is a selection of fruits and yoghurts, and a guy who cooks boiled eggs, poached eggs or omelettes with whatever you want in them. As a sausage, bacon and eggs kind of guy I would love to see overseas hotels getting some British type breakfast on offer but I haven't come across that at any A.I. hotel yet, so all in all breakfast is O.K. but I suppose for most people would be just fine.
For lunch the buffet restaurant is open again, with a selection of chicken, fish, or beef along with rice, potatoes or French fries, and vegetables are available too, usually two soup options, plenty of breads and they have a pasta station and a salad bar, and a selection of strawberry/chocolate cakes and mousses and plenty of fruit on offer, quite often they had a guy cooking fajitas or other meat for you there and then as you ordered. You are expected to get your own food but from time to time, if a member of staff notices you waiting for the guy to finish cooking your fajitas or whatever they will tell you it's OK to sit down and they will bring your food over to your table for you, which is nice, and they are back and forth to your table filling your water glass and asking if there are any other drinks that you want bringing to you while you eat, the food is mostly a buffet but although not the most wonderful food that I have ever tasted, it is just about the nicest tasting buffet food that I have had whilst staying at an A.I. hotel in any part of the world. I would rate it as good to very good. If you are prepared to wait a bit longer for your lunch (20 mins or so) then there is an outside restaurant that you can sit at, and you are given water (which is refilled all the time) asked what drinks you would like and given a menu, with options like pizzas and spaghetti Bolognaise, chicken sandwiches and Chicken Caesar salad, and other similar type items. These are always cooked to order (hence the small wait) and are of a small restaurant level of quality that you would expect if you were out for lunch in the U.K. So this lunch option I would rate as very good to extremely good as long as you are happy to take an hour out of your day to eat.
Evening meals in the buffet restaurant are once again although not of the highest quality are still about the best that I have come across at any A.I. hotel that I have stayed at. The pasta station is open again and there is always a couple of soups (different from the lunch soups, not regurgitated) plenty of salad options, and various meat, vegetables and rice and potato options, there is always a couple of fish selections and a slightly more impressive selection of deserts than was available at lunch, the chefs are very creative with their presentation of the food and it seems a shame sometimes to tuck into the food if you are the first one having some because it looks so nice. During the 2 weeks that we stayed they had a couple of outside BBQ evenings where mixed grills and kebabs were cooked to order along with the usual buffet fare, this seemed to be an awful lot of work for the hotel staff but hard work is something that these guys excel at (more of that later) and it was done with the service with a smile that the usual buffet service came with. They also had themed evenings in the buffet with Charlie Chaplin, Titanic and Amore (Italian for love) evenings. The food was presented accordingly (lots of impressive heart shaped everything for the amore evening) and the room decorated for whatever the theme, they would also pull down a big screen in the lounge that could easily be watched from your table in the restaurant and would have a movie on while you were eating that was in accordance with the theme for the night.
The al a carte restaurants are top class, easily as good as the quality you would expect if going out for a meal while in the UK, there is an Italian and a Chinese and you are entitled to 1 free visit to each per stay (in accordance with the agreement that they have with Thompsons all inclusive concept) , although as I was staying for 2 weeks I asked politely at reception if we could have a visit to each both in week 1 and in week 2, the reception told me that they would ask the management for me and asked me to come back the next day for an answer, and sure enough, they agreed to let us have a total of 4 visits to the al a carte's during our stay. As it was, the hotel invited everybody at the hotel to an al a carte evening on another night, and a 6th visit that we were fully intending to pay for was also given to us as part of our A.I. when we were attempting to settle the bill we were told that there was no need to pay, the hotel would allow us another free visit. I would rate the food at the al a carte's as excellent, absolutely delicious.
All in all, with the al a carte visits, the outside BBQ evenings and the themed nights, there were only a couple of 'run of the mill' evenings in the buffet restaurants during our fortnight stay so the dining experience overall was a fantastic one.
I would like to give a special mention to a couple of the waiting staff. Achmed in the Italian and the Buffet, Mahmoud El Ziz in the buffet and a guy called Mohammed (who I think may of been catering manager as he wore a pink shirt instead of the white that the other guys wore) looked after us so well for our stay and were always happy to have a little friendly chat with a smile and make sure that everything was up to standard, they really do try to make you feel special, and with quite a bit of success. These have to be the best team of waiting on staff that I have ever been looked after by on a holiday and although I tipped because I felt they deserved it for their efforts, not once did I feel like I was expected to, I felt that the service would have been no less had I have not tipped. The staff really are the jewels of this hotel and make your stay what it is.
Our room (1202) was cleaned buy a guy called Mohammed in the 1st week and Waid in the 2nd week and I can't fault them at all, a really good job every day and the towel art in this hotel is at another level. From crocodiles to birthday cakes to babies, is there nothing these guys can't make with a towel? A nice touch for the girls, who appreciate this kind of thing and look forward to getting back to the room so they can see what's been done today, and get a photo before begrudgingly ruining all the hard work so you can use the towel to get a bath/shower. The rooms do have a bath and a shower along with a screen that can be raised so that one whole wall of the bathroom becomes a window into the bedroom and looking out over the red sea, never before have I seen a hotel were you can have a sea view while you are taking a bath, you can move the electronic screen up and down as you please so privacy is not an issue. The view from the room was spectacular and incidentally the hotel upgraded us free of charge from a superior to a deluxe on arrival, so thanks for that. The beds are huge and comfortable and there are lots of pillows and drinking water bottles are replaced in the room every day by the cleaner, along with tea/coffee etc. Whether you decide to spend your day at the pool or at the beach you are looked after by a drinks service and you are given towels and comfortable beds to lie on. The drinks service is pretty sharp, with somebody doing a round about every half hour or so to see if you want another drink and also supplying you with bottles of water through the day as well as soft/alcoholic drinks, and bringing them to were you are chilling about 5 minutes after you order off him. Of an evening after dinner you sit outside the front of the hotel and they once again have a waiter service to get you your drinks, the seating is comfortable and the drinks seem to be replaced the second your empty glass touches the table, they also have a bar next to the lobby indoors and you can sit in there for a drink if you want the air-con. They had a belly dancing/whirling dervish entertainment night once a week but other than that there was no entertainment set up, although with the al a carte evenings and the themed evenings as well as the BBQ evenings most of the time it didn't matter that they don't have an animation team.
We got engaged while we were there and when the hotel was informed of this by our Thompsons rep, they arranged to have a chocolate cake made and delivered to our room for us as a congratulations present, this was a special and wonderful gesture and I would like to thank the hotel on behalf of the two of us for this, it goes to show how generously spirited these people are, Thank you.
My <now> fiancée had numerous treatments in the spa and was looked after by a girl named Salma every time, she was more than happy with the massages etc. that she received and after her final treatment Salma asked to see her and gave her a small gift, this was a nice touch and once again shows the generous spirit of the people who work at this hotel.
The staff at this hotel made this holiday a special one for us, they are so hard working and you are left with the impression that they will do anything for you, it would be a shame if the political unrest in the country put people off from traveling there and these amazing staff members lost their jobs, whilst we were there the unrest was at it's highest but not a sign of it at the resort or in the hotel. There really is nothing to worry about with regards to safety and I hope that this review helps people to make the decision to visit this hotel because I want it to still be open so that I can make future visits here, once more I would like to thank the hotel and it's staff for making this holiday a special one..

Room tip: 2012 had a great view but apparently most rooms do
11  Thank Daveollie
Mohamed S, General Manager at SUNRISE Romance Resort Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Premier Romance on your recent trip to Hurghada and for recommending Egypt to Tripadvisor readers as a secured destination. Lots of guests are influenced by the wrong news communicated by the international media; surely, your testimony will encourage a lot of people to visit Egypt and help many Egyptians to keep their earnings.
I am delighted to know that you did enjoy the various delicious cuisine items, perfect food display innovated by our skilled chefs, smart comfort and neatness of our modern rooms, sympathetic cheerful team.
Once again thank you for your observations which assist us to continue working on the improvement of our services style.

Premier Romance family is waiting for you for another perfect holiday.