“Perfect”

Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa
Ranked #12 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived back home a week ago and yet are still both feeling the benefits of the two weeks of relaxation and fun we had at the Premier Romance!

We genuinely do not have anything but lovely things to say about this hotel. It is idyllic. We have read back over the few more negative reviews that have been posted and really cannot understand how anyone has had anything less than an amazing time here!

We chose to travel to Egypt as our money seemed to stretch further than in Europe and we wanted guaranteed sun. From the moment we landed, we were pleased we made this choice! Everyone we met during our holiday was kind and helpful and Egypt really is a beautiful country. Had we not had access to the Internet and information from our Thomson Rep, we would not have had any idea that there were problems in certain cities and therefore urge anyone considering not going to change their minds and go! We felt safe and well-informed the whole time we were there.

Thomson:
Our rep, Gabriel, was brilliant. As an Egyptian with perfect English, he had local knowledge and connections and was always available should anyone need him. We booked a VIP Ocean Cruise through him run by Oceans Red Sea, Hurghada and it was amazing value and a great day out.

The hotel itself:
Wow. As we are in our early 30s and there are loads of places we still want to see in the world, we have always said we'd never return anywhere...until now. We know we will be returning!

Beautiful hotels and beautiful beaches where you can walk straight into the perfectly clear, turquoise sea and see an array of colourful sea creatures, of course exist in other parts of the world (at a far higher cost I am sure in the middle of August!) but I am almost certain that staff as incredible as the staff at this hotel do not. We have never met such professional, attentive (without being pushy or over-the-top) and friendly staff anywhere. They are what makes this hotel stand out from any other hotel in the world! They clearly enjoy working at the hotel and all wish everyone to have the best possible time they can. Not one member of staff let the team down in this respect and we fed this back when we had the canapés and cocktail meeting at the end of the holiday with the management reps. For us in particular, Moustafa Nast, Mahmoud Elzyz, Ahmed Mosa, the beach staff and Mohamed who cleaned our room were amazing, thank you. We loved the towel sculptures Mohamed made and wish we knew his secret to getting rooms so immaculately clean!

As awkward eaters (a veggie and a fairly fussy) we worried when we saw some negative reviews about the food. We needn't have worried at all! It was fresh, there was a wide range of it and whoever makes the bread should be given a medal! No complaints at all-it was delicious.

Do take a snorkel when you go; from the beach you can walk right into the sea (which was 30 degrees!) and see loads of fish from barely two metres from shore. Our high light was a sea horse and another guest saw turtles! O another watery note, there were always plenty of bends both at the beach and the pool.

If you are deliberating between here and anywhere else then, quick, book here! We spent our whole holiday feeling like we had been lucky in finding this gem.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Leanne P
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your motivating feedback and for reassuring Hurghada’s safety and encouraging Tripadvisor readers to book for their holidays at Premier Romance. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and its facilities on account of the hard working of our team members and given attention to detail which continued throughout your stay. We look forward to many visits.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited this hotel With my husband last year , it was a perfect holiday just relax and enjoy romance on the beach ,great sea view rooms & luxury in all details of the hotel , I highly recommend it for couples :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Youya G
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear guest, on behalf of premier romance team I would like to thank you so much for reviewing us on the tripadvisor . We glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we looking forward for the next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay here 12th-26th August and can say that the negative reviewers on here must be a nightmare wherever they stay. On arrival it was less than an hour from the plane touching the tarmac until we were sat with a cocktail in our hand on the picturesque terrace at the front of the hotel, opposite the beach. I tried to book a reservation for the Italian restaurant for that evening and was told that I couldn't because you have to book the day before, as this is impossible for somebody who's just arrived maybe they should relax that rule a little.
Breakfast is not too bad, similar to other A.I. hotels that we have stayed at, there is a selection of fruits and yoghurts, and a guy who cooks boiled eggs, poached eggs or omelettes with whatever you want in them. As a sausage, bacon and eggs kind of guy I would love to see overseas hotels getting some British type breakfast on offer but I haven't come across that at any A.I. hotel yet, so all in all breakfast is O.K. but I suppose for most people would be just fine.
For lunch the buffet restaurant is open again, with a selection of chicken, fish, or beef along with rice, potatoes or French fries, and vegetables are available too, usually two soup options, plenty of breads and they have a pasta station and a salad bar, and a selection of strawberry/chocolate cakes and mousses and plenty of fruit on offer, quite often they had a guy cooking fajitas or other meat for you there and then as you ordered. You are expected to get your own food but from time to time, if a member of staff notices you waiting for the guy to finish cooking your fajitas or whatever they will tell you it's OK to sit down and they will bring your food over to your table for you, which is nice, and they are back and forth to your table filling your water glass and asking if there are any other drinks that you want bringing to you while you eat, the food is mostly a buffet but although not the most wonderful food that I have ever tasted, it is just about the nicest tasting buffet food that I have had whilst staying at an A.I. hotel in any part of the world. I would rate it as good to very good. If you are prepared to wait a bit longer for your lunch (20 mins or so) then there is an outside restaurant that you can sit at, and you are given water (which is refilled all the time) asked what drinks you would like and given a menu, with options like pizzas and spaghetti Bolognaise, chicken sandwiches and Chicken Caesar salad, and other similar type items. These are always cooked to order (hence the small wait) and are of a small restaurant level of quality that you would expect if you were out for lunch in the U.K. So this lunch option I would rate as very good to extremely good as long as you are happy to take an hour out of your day to eat.
Evening meals in the buffet restaurant are once again although not of the highest quality are still about the best that I have come across at any A.I. hotel that I have stayed at. The pasta station is open again and there is always a couple of soups (different from the lunch soups, not regurgitated) plenty of salad options, and various meat, vegetables and rice and potato options, there is always a couple of fish selections and a slightly more impressive selection of deserts than was available at lunch, the chefs are very creative with their presentation of the food and it seems a shame sometimes to tuck into the food if you are the first one having some because it looks so nice. During the 2 weeks that we stayed they had a couple of outside BBQ evenings where mixed grills and kebabs were cooked to order along with the usual buffet fare, this seemed to be an awful lot of work for the hotel staff but hard work is something that these guys excel at (more of that later) and it was done with the service with a smile that the usual buffet service came with. They also had themed evenings in the buffet with Charlie Chaplin, Titanic and Amore (Italian for love) evenings. The food was presented accordingly (lots of impressive heart shaped everything for the amore evening) and the room decorated for whatever the theme, they would also pull down a big screen in the lounge that could easily be watched from your table in the restaurant and would have a movie on while you were eating that was in accordance with the theme for the night.
The al a carte restaurants are top class, easily as good as the quality you would expect if going out for a meal while in the UK, there is an Italian and a Chinese and you are entitled to 1 free visit to each per stay (in accordance with the agreement that they have with Thompsons all inclusive concept) , although as I was staying for 2 weeks I asked politely at reception if we could have a visit to each both in week 1 and in week 2, the reception told me that they would ask the management for me and asked me to come back the next day for an answer, and sure enough, they agreed to let us have a total of 4 visits to the al a carte's during our stay. As it was, the hotel invited everybody at the hotel to an al a carte evening on another night, and a 6th visit that we were fully intending to pay for was also given to us as part of our A.I. when we were attempting to settle the bill we were told that there was no need to pay, the hotel would allow us another free visit. I would rate the food at the al a carte's as excellent, absolutely delicious.
All in all, with the al a carte visits, the outside BBQ evenings and the themed nights, there were only a couple of 'run of the mill' evenings in the buffet restaurants during our fortnight stay so the dining experience overall was a fantastic one.
I would like to give a special mention to a couple of the waiting staff. Achmed in the Italian and the Buffet, Mahmoud El Ziz in the buffet and a guy called Mohammed (who I think may of been catering manager as he wore a pink shirt instead of the white that the other guys wore) looked after us so well for our stay and were always happy to have a little friendly chat with a smile and make sure that everything was up to standard, they really do try to make you feel special, and with quite a bit of success. These have to be the best team of waiting on staff that I have ever been looked after by on a holiday and although I tipped because I felt they deserved it for their efforts, not once did I feel like I was expected to, I felt that the service would have been no less had I have not tipped. The staff really are the jewels of this hotel and make your stay what it is.
Our room (1202) was cleaned buy a guy called Mohammed in the 1st week and Waid in the 2nd week and I can't fault them at all, a really good job every day and the towel art in this hotel is at another level. From crocodiles to birthday cakes to babies, is there nothing these guys can't make with a towel? A nice touch for the girls, who appreciate this kind of thing and look forward to getting back to the room so they can see what's been done today, and get a photo before begrudgingly ruining all the hard work so you can use the towel to get a bath/shower. The rooms do have a bath and a shower along with a screen that can be raised so that one whole wall of the bathroom becomes a window into the bedroom and looking out over the red sea, never before have I seen a hotel were you can have a sea view while you are taking a bath, you can move the electronic screen up and down as you please so privacy is not an issue. The view from the room was spectacular and incidentally the hotel upgraded us free of charge from a superior to a deluxe on arrival, so thanks for that. The beds are huge and comfortable and there are lots of pillows and drinking water bottles are replaced in the room every day by the cleaner, along with tea/coffee etc. Whether you decide to spend your day at the pool or at the beach you are looked after by a drinks service and you are given towels and comfortable beds to lie on. The drinks service is pretty sharp, with somebody doing a round about every half hour or so to see if you want another drink and also supplying you with bottles of water through the day as well as soft/alcoholic drinks, and bringing them to were you are chilling about 5 minutes after you order off him. Of an evening after dinner you sit outside the front of the hotel and they once again have a waiter service to get you your drinks, the seating is comfortable and the drinks seem to be replaced the second your empty glass touches the table, they also have a bar next to the lobby indoors and you can sit in there for a drink if you want the air-con. They had a belly dancing/whirling dervish entertainment night once a week but other than that there was no entertainment set up, although with the al a carte evenings and the themed evenings as well as the BBQ evenings most of the time it didn't matter that they don't have an animation team.
We got engaged while we were there and when the hotel was informed of this by our Thompsons rep, they arranged to have a chocolate cake made and delivered to our room for us as a congratulations present, this was a special and wonderful gesture and I would like to thank the hotel on behalf of the two of us for this, it goes to show how generously spirited these people are, Thank you.
My <now> fiancée had numerous treatments in the spa and was looked after by a girl named Salma every time, she was more than happy with the massages etc. that she received and after her final treatment Salma asked to see her and gave her a small gift, this was a nice touch and once again shows the generous spirit of the people who work at this hotel.
The staff at this hotel made this holiday a special one for us, they are so hard working and you are left with the impression that they will do anything for you, it would be a shame if the political unrest in the country put people off from traveling there and these amazing staff members lost their jobs, whilst we were there the unrest was at it's highest but not a sign of it at the resort or in the hotel. There really is nothing to worry about with regards to safety and I hope that this review helps people to make the decision to visit this hotel because I want it to still be open so that I can make future visits here, once more I would like to thank the hotel and it's staff for making this holiday a special one..

Room Tip: 2012 had a great view but apparently most rooms do
11  Thank Daveollie
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Premier Romance on your recent trip to Hurghada and for recommending Egypt to Tripadvisor readers as a secured destination. Lots of guests are influenced by the wrong news communicated by the international media; surely, your testimony will encourage a lot of people to visit Egypt and help many Egyptians to keep their earnings.
I am delighted to know that you did enjoy the various delicious cuisine items, perfect food display innovated by our skilled chefs, smart comfort and neatness of our modern rooms, sympathetic cheerful team.
Once again thank you for your observations which assist us to continue working on the improvement of our services style.

Premier Romance family is waiting for you for another perfect holiday.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Well what can I say. We have just returned from this beautiful hotel, 11 nights of pure luxury. A big big thank you to all the wonderful staff - especially Ibrahim who treated us like royalty with our sunbeds, nothing was to much trouble, a great guy. Also Ibrahem, who served us drinks all day on the beach, it really was a super service and he couldn't do enough for us. The food was amazing with a good selection of meals 3 times a day. The room was great with an excellent view, comfy beds and for once an air con unit that was faultless! The beach was sandy with not a pebble in sight, and was just a stroll into the red sea. Thank you to the assistant manager Sabry, who found time to meet us to show us the other rooms in the hotel and to listen to our views regarding the hotel. I have travelled many places and have stayed in top class hotels, this one adding to the list! This is an amazing place and I have found my holiday hideaway. We will definitely be returning next year or sooner. Thanks again for making our stay so welcoming.
Paula, Amir & Kaylea Shah. x

6  Thank amir782

Dear Paula, Amir & Kaylea Shah

Thank you very much for your amiable comments and for recommending Premier Romance for Tripadvisor readers. It is my extreme gladness to know that you spent such a fantastic stay and that you appreciated the team’s sense of hospitality, warmth and generosity.

It is our pleasure to host you soon but don’t’ forget to book for your next stay.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This my personal review based on my own personal findings and experience.I will try to cover all areas. 16th -26th August 2013.

Flight-
Easyjet,which we were dreading but ended up being the best Flight we ever had to Egypt. (we had extra leg room seat's)

Transfer-
Very quick through airport visa etc,Fantastic private transfer.

Arrival-
Excellent met with a drink and we were soon on our way to our room

Room-
1116 which was beautiful,robes,slippers,It was cleaned very well everyday with excellent towel art..people often say tips are expected but our room boy left day before we did and didn't drop any hint's and sadly we hadn't yet tipped him for his excellent service..(sorry) However for me the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in...way too hard!!...The shower heads need descaling..but not a big deal...Bottled water provided daily. Mini bar in room but chargeable.

Food-
Hard to critique the food too harshly as the hotel was very low on guests and it was hard seeing the buffet being wasted so much,but they soon remedied that and offered us to eat many times in the A la Carte restaurants which were great,they had theme nights which always raised a smile...Titanic night with cocktails and the film playing on a big screen also a 007 Night.At one point there were only 35 guests then 13 of them left and only 8 arrived...very hard times for the hotel's...yes it can be improved but they are ready to listen and make changes when they can,but it was never a problem to find something to eat...

Beach-
Amazing!!! Amazing!!...don't get me wrong it's not a Maldivian Beach but the best beach I've been on in Egypt and your able to walk directly into the sea (not normally possible in Egypt)plenty of sealife just from standing and looking over random corals,take snorkelling equipment...A massive Mention to Ibrahim who bought constant drinks and smiles and if I ever said No Thank you to a drink he would tell me off saying it's very very hot and make me have some water..Very funny friendly guy..again he went off on his vacation the day before we left and didn't get a chance to tell him Thank you and tip him (please say sorry)he is definitely someone your hotel MUST keep!!

Pool-
Didn't spend much time here but had a couple of afternoons,very tranquil great views its on the 2nd Floor,A nice constant breeze.

Spa-
I had one massage with Sayed and it was excellent..the Spa guy walking round trying to get bookings was a bit pushy which we told management about,I have no doubt it was dealt with immediately,equally they are so low on guests I can sort of understand him trying to get people to the spa,but I just went and booked what I wanted directly at the spa and got a good price ( I didn't pay the book price)

Staff-
One of this hotels best qualities everyone has a smile and are helpful and friendly a few really stand out..
Ibrahim- the drinks guy on the beach an absolutely amazing guy works so hard.
Mustafa- On the beach, who always had our sunbeds ready with towels and cleaned our sunglasses everyday and always had a smile and wished us a lovely day.
Reefat-The drinks guy whom we had many a laugh with he was always smiling and helpful had lot's of banter with him.
Mahmoud.el.ziz-Had fun especially knicking his pens which always matched his watches provided excellent service.

Our last full night we had a management meeting with cocktails and canapes they wanted our feed back, we mentioned a few things like gentle music at the pool and few other minor things that make a difference and the very next day these suggestions had already been implemented. You should be very proud of your hotel and ALL your staff. The hotel is beautiful extremely clean.

They need tourism to survive,we found it to be totally safe It's miles away from any trouble,I think the press sensationalised the danger,especially as far as risk to go where we,but we don't underestimate the danger that was/is in Cairo.

We had a fab holiday and met some great people,entertainment is limited but I'm happy NO animation team,we had a belly dancer one night, a traditional Egyptian male dancer with his spinning light up costume and a lounge singer,our entertainment was chatting with the people we met...

Yes a few things can make it even better but I think this is the case with any hotel,I was a bit concerned with some of the slightly negative reviews before we came but decided we would make up our own minds...we didn't leave the hotel but we never planned to anyway.

Mickaela & Jay

6  Thank mas72

Dear Mickaela & Jay
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with your lovely experience at Premier Romance and for promoting Hurghada to Triapadvisors readers as a secured destination specially with the exaggeration of the media.
I am delighted to know that you did enjoy the direct access to our neat relaxing pool area along with truly one of the best beaches in Egypt crystal blue sparkling water of the Red Sea with its astonishing underwater world.
I shall share your appreciation with the team as your kind comments help us to keep up motivated and encourage us to always develop and give our best service to our valuable guests.
Premier Romance team is waiting for your soonest return to our Egyptian sunny land.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We travelled on the 5th August for 11 nights.

Lets start at the arrival in Hurghada, half decent flight (Thompson). After a very smooth and fast transfer through Visa and passport control, we walked out of the airport to meet the Thompson rep who guided us to a kind of office on the bus car-park where we were given our private taxi number to look for, it was really a small mini bus. After about a ten minute wait we set off to our hotel resort which took around 30 minutes.

On arrival we were met with a hotel manager who took us to the lounge bar for a welcome drink and basically sign in, We were all inclusive but very pleased to say no wrist band, the management are really trying to make this hotel stand out from the crowd. Within ten minutes we were escorted to our room, second floor 1204, really really impressive and fantastic views of the sea and beach. Every day we would come back from the beach to a different towel sculpture the rooms were kept spotlessly clean.

Meals for the first 3 days were so so and i have to be honest here some people did complain, but there was always something to eat, however after the gentle nudge to the Food and beverage manager it was like a different eating experience, and we have to congratulate the management and Chefs for the fantastic romance evening meal, a kind of valentines meal, keep that going.

The Chinese a la carte was very very good and also the Italian you must try them while you are there you will not be disappointed

The Beach, well this was without doubt one of the best we have been to in Egypt and we have been to most resorts over the last 12 years. The guys who run it are a credit to the hotel, every little thing they could do for you they would, clean your sunglasses and whenever you wanted a drink it was always there, Ibrahim and Mustafa thanks you were great.

Lunch times we ate at the beach bar, just snacks but really good food made fresh from the Italian and it got rather popular during our holiday.(sorry for the extra work guys). On leaving the beach at the end of another super day we would have a couple of drinks on the terrace area where reef would look after us, thanks reef, and of course Mustafa in he lobby bar.

We mostly ended up in the romance bar at the end of the night where again Mustafa would look after us and we had some real fun thanks to our new friends from Bolton (never mind someone has to live there - inside joke) our friends from Dartford last orders ha ha.and of course the lovely couple from Doncaster who we had to leave hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

What else, well the whole management are a credit to how the hotel is run, don't be put off with what you read in the papers you are really safe, We will look to go back here in 2014

And lastly look out for Fred.
Pete and Ann

9  Thank EgyptianPeteDarwen
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our product, service and team. The entire team looks forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to spend more memorable moments with us.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

the hotel is beautiful as is the grounds & beach area
it is clean & very well maintained

check in was quick & hassle free

the rooms are modern & decorated nice. bed was very comfy

staff were fab

my main issues with the hotel is the dining & entertainment

there was only 2 a la carte restaurant & u could only go once per stay and they are reservation only
in a 5 star boutique hotel i did not expect this

the only other place to eat is the main restaurant inside the hotel which is serve yourself
the food was never really tasty. had no flavour

also there was no champagne included in the AI would have loved a glass with dinner

the entertainment was awful (it was only 1 night) but we made the most of it getting involved etc
as there is nothing to do in the evenings entertainment is a must even if its for a couple of hours. please get the entertainment sorted

as its a newish resort there is a lot of empty shops and buildings hopefully it will improve in time

if you are wanting a holiday in a beautiful place for complete relaxation with nothing to do this is perfect for that

i would return but not until the food & entertainment was sorted.. only time will tell

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mcshanny
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for having reviewed our hotel on Tripadvisor. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. we are looking for your next one.