“Absolute top!”

Ranked #16 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Absolute top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

After two years of visiting Premier le Reve we want to try out Premier Romance. It was an success. It's a smaller resort but that is just the charming site of it in our point of view. The rooms are very well decorated en kept clean, the staff is very kind and helpful. The beach is a nice place to stay with very good service. The only point of small critic is the food in the main restaurant and specially the lunch and diner. It is not thát quality that you expect in a resort of these class. However, the diners in the Italian and Chinese restaurant are extremely good as well as the service.
The general manager, mr. Mohammed Saeed, is an refreshing type of manager. He is not locking up himself in his office but he's everywhere around and above, keep in contact with his guests and the last evening we had a good and nice conversation with him. The day after we left and unfortunate we hade not the change to say goodbye en thank him for the hospitality.

Greets Peter and Louisa from Amsterdam. p.hamaker@gmail.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Peter H
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Peter
Thank you for taking time to review us , i want to extend my personal appreciation for your comment during your stay with us. All your comment will definitely be conveyed to our management team.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Everything was excellent - we upgraded to a Villa and it was superb.
Recommend this hotel for a quiet relaxing holiday - no worries - no hassles.
Thomson rep organised a nice snorkelling trip which again was an added bonus to the holiday.
All the facilities were very nice and the private beach is a gentle 30 second stroll with staff to look after you on the beach.
Oh and best till last the staff were all smashing and could not help enough.

Room Tip: Just spend a few pounds more for a villa - superb privacy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bob B
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Bob B
Thank you for taking the time to review premier romance on the tripadvisor . i am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we looking forward for the next visit.
Rhodes Town, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I decided to visit Premier Romance as I:
a) Was very satisfied with Premier le Reve
b) Read great opinions on tripadvisors.
Both appeared to be false recommendations.
1. When I came to the hotel at. c.a. 12:30 I was told to wait next 2 hours to get into my room. But of course I was to leave it at 12:00. Hotel day lasts 22 hours!
2. When I finally got the room I found no information about the hotel (except room service menu). When I asked at the reception I was told everything could be found on their website.
The first 4-5 star hotel I found in the whole world without this useful book!
3. The internet? At Le Reve it was everywhere. In your room, on the beach. At Romance it was only in the lobby area. Connection was slow and once they lost connection for whole 16 hours.
4. Food was terrible. I am accustomed to healthy eating therefore I felt a bit sick with each plate. I do not know why people write the food at Romance is good. Perhaps those are the ones who say that typical English breakfast is better than Italian or French one
Ice cream? Knock-knock? Do you know an invention like this exists?
Fruits? The ones that were edible were served only during supper. But of course only if you managed to get there at 7 PM. An hour later you would not find them.
The juices they present in adverts? Cheapest nectars I have ever tried.
The only bright spot was the seafood grilled outside by a nice cook – he was smiling, appealing – he did not suit to the hotel.
5. Room cleaning – for the first 4 days it was done with great care. But then the man was changed and when I left just USD1 tip (not usual USD2) he must have felt offended by me – he left no water, small towels were not delivered, housecoat was not hanged.
I am very sorry for USD1 offence!
6. Bar service – at le Reve everyone was smiling, cheerful. At Romance almost all bar service (except one guy at the bar near reception) appeared sad. I was always wondering if they were beaten by manager or someone had died?
When I forgot money one day and just did not tip them, they began to harass me with receipts. Same in the beach bar! Even if I took a single bottle of water I had to sign it put my name, forename and room number. What an all-inclusive service!
7. Hotel pool? Funny. It was rather a large Jacuzzi. The only advantage vs. le Reve was the ability to swim in the sea – the reef was far from the beach.
8. Romance? Some may like the hotel is close to the shops. But I was looking for tranquility like the one at Le Reve. This hotel should rather be named Le Reve de Romance, as it was rather my dream to find tranquility when listening to pneumatic hammer or music coming from 3 different directions (shops, nearby bar).
9. Last but not least. I am 189 cm tall. But it was too much for the bed.Why? Because Scandinavians do not come to the hotel?
All these factors would make me give the hotel a 3 stars note. But that would be too much. Why? The guy at reception. He wore a mask of polite, pleasant man but in fact he did everything he could to irritate me.
As my flight back was delayed c.a. 12 hours (do not ever used sun&fun agency) I asked the guy about the possibility to leave the room a bit later. The answer was that hotel was overbooked but maybe he could find something the next day at a cost of USD 90 (I asked to extend my stay for 6hours). But of course I could spend my time in the lobby! Meanwhile other passengers staying at 4-5 star hotels were given free food, access to showers etc. When I bought a can of coca-cola in a nearby shop and put it on a table in the lobby the guy called me (yes, he did not come to me- he called me as if he called a waiter) and told drinking or eating in the lobby was forbidden.
Of course I left the hotel instantly. And of course I will never ever come to the hotel again.

Room Tip: Remember they offer rooms without balcony. My agency did everything they could to spare money and ch...
7 Thank Piotrtrip
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectation but let me draw your attention to we did not receive any reports from the head department that one of our guests had a problems , even at the GM weekly meeting with hotel guests which held every Sunday we are sure we have not meet your good self.The reviews on our page is not false reviews and if you read it as you said , you will find how we treat our guests and how the summit satisfaction is our primary target . you arrived to the hotel at 12 noon and the receptionist escorting you to the lobby bar and welcome drink and face towel was provided until we fill the registration card , then the receptionist escorting you to the main restaurant for lunch and then you have got your room at 14:00 and you received the hotel information list upon arrival.
well known to all travel agents are working with premier romance that WI-FI covers lobby area and main restaurant only and during your stay there was a problem with the internet cable in Egypt caused the disconnection for few hours .
I am sincerely regret you felt sick because of our food although the hotel is providing a wide selection of different buffet and canned fresh juice every day not powder like some 5 stars hotels, in addition to that we provide 12 different kind of fresh fruit with sufficient quantity throughout the buffet time.
We use the signature system because we do not use a wristband because we believe that the wristband is not commensurate with status of premier romance .
and i would like to draw your attention that the swimming pool is fit with total number of rooms as it is we did not receive any comments from the guests or travel agents according to the pool size , in addition to that we have a guest service telephone number to receive any comments or complains regarding to the rooms or maintenance problems during 24 hours.
the late check out is subject to the hotel availability and its chargeable service not free of charge .
finally , according to the health and safety international rules it is not allowed to bring food or drinks from out side the hotel , as it is not allowed to eat it in the lobby area where there places to dedicated to it.
one more time thank you and we wish you good luck in your next travel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

What more can i add that others have already written,Could not fault anything,the 4 of us enjoyed every moment,from start to finish,should have had 4 weeks not two,Every thing was so relaxing.Ibraham,on the beach was fab,tea and coffee after out morning and afternoon swim,water and drinks also supplied.
Sabir always put towels out for us,an was very pleasant.The hotel was very clean and had everything you needed,rooms cleaned very well thanks to wallie...... that's what we called him
rooms 1223-1225 he was great with us. The food was very good the desert chef was fab,didn't get his name?,but have put on weight,thanks to the strawberries and choc,oh so good!!!!!!!. Romany in the restaurant was always on hand to top up the wine.Mr Mohammed Saeed the manager was great,always around checking on things so helpful and thank you for everything.
Fab hotel, food and excellent staff,we hope to be back again next year same time'

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank lawnswoodapartments
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear our Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review us on the trippadvisor , i am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we looking forward for the next visit.
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

From the first moment you enter this stunning hotel and being personally welcomed sitting in a luxurious bar with a welcome drink, to the time you depart being individually thanked for your stay by the superb manager, Mr. Mohammed Saeed, everything is done to make your stay perfect.
We stayed for the last 2 weeks in April under cloudless skies and wonderful temperatures. The private beach is beautifully situated with more than enough sunbeds and shades for everyone. Everyday was made special by Ibrahim and Ahmed who always ensured we had drinks as required plus after having coffee at 11am on the first day (very British ! ) it was delivered to us everyday at 11 thereafter. This all led to a really great atmosphere with a general friendliness existing between guests of all nationalities.
Food in the restaurant was excellent with a really good variety to cater for all tastes, and although we didn't need to ask, special requests were happily dealt with by the chefs who were genuinely wanting to please. Special mention must go to Romany who was always there to top up with wine, coffee or give other help at every meal ... so efficient and happy to help. Snack lunch at the outside bar was always freshly cooked and so took a little time from ordering but worth waiting for, and efficiently served by Ahmed with a smile .... and anyway what's the rush when on a relaxing holiday like this !
Cleanliness and furnishings were second to none throughout the hotel as mentioned in so many other reports. Particularly our room was spotless thanks to Eid and his amazing "towel sculptures".
Reception staff always had a friendly smile and we found helpful in everyway, particularly Amr.
Finally we cannot speak highly enough of the manager, Mr. Mohammed, we have never known a manager to be so visible and available to guests. Any problem once brought to his attention is sorted out wherever possible and our experience of his kindness and generosity regarding our wedding anniversary will certainly ensure our return to this unforgettable hotel.
If you want a quiet, totally relaxing, sunshine filled, 5 star service, holiday then this is it. If you have been before then we expect you will go again ... we can't wait !

5 Thank tandafolk
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Tandafolk
It is our pleasure that you enjoyed your stay at premier romance for the second time and definitely we looking for the third visit, the third anniversary at premier romance in next April.
Burwash, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel. I agree with the other positive comments and confirm that you will be pleased with this choice of hotel and location. Only 80 rooms so the place is never too busy so you get special treatment. The Romance is spotlessly clean with the best décor you will find in a package hotel, the gardens and beach (the best part of the bay) are well laid out and looked after, and many passers-by from nearby hotels stop to take photo's of the Romance. Mr Mohammed the manager runs a good team who are all very friendly and attentive which made our holiday special. Ibrahim, Sabry and Ahmed who looked after us on the beach and Adham in the Lobby bar who makes the perfect drinks, also a special mention for Romany in the Restaurant who works so hard to make your dining a good experience. The hotel could be improved by having a shower on the beach to use after sea swimming, we used the one in the next section of beach as the one across the road is too far. I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: All premium rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank John M
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for sparing the time to write a holiday review on TripAdvisor. And The Premier Romance Team thanks you very much for these wonderful compliments. We are very pleased that we could meet your expectations and we looking forward for next visit.
leics
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked on the internet through thompsons and all went well, flights and transfers were fine.
The hotel was what we wanted and expected, about 80 rooms, very clean and nice ,and nicely decorated.
The beach was right on the door step and some coral, being in a bay it was very calm and easy for swiming.
There is a promanade so you can walk each was and look at mainley buildings half built to be hotels in the future, but work is stopped at the moment with the recession.
This hotel is very quiet there are others near by which are busy and noisey but are a little distance away.
We had a sea veiw room 1105 just off the reception and on the first floor,
The pool on 2nd floor is very quiet with a jacuzzi and sauna, the gym is next to it but very small, then the beauty rooms. The pool water is freezing.
The food was ok for egypt standard, there is always something to find, but we did find some food cold!
We went to the a la carte itilian and had fillet steak which was excelent it was my husbands birthday and he got a cake and the waiters sang!
The snack bar at lunch was very good but a little slow. chips n burgers , pizzas and pasta yummy.
The drinks were fine, plenty of vino and cocktails.
The staff are a credit to the hotel, very well trained and got to know us personally, the beach/towel men were lovely , Arhmed and his mate, in the resturant Romany kept us in drinks, and Arhmed at the snack bar, all the staff were great.
Our room cleaner ead perfect and always making towel art.
The staff did apriciate the tips they worked very long hours, and always smiling.
We met the manager at his cocktail evening and you can see that he wants the hotel the be the best in egypt,
We drank lots of water with it being very hot and we didnt get any tummy upsets, thats a first in egypt...

We hope to visit again sometime, thankyou to all at premier hotel if you read this.

7 Thank wilf10
Dear wilf 10
Thank you for reviewing premier romance , and i am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comment will definitely be conveyed to our management team , and we look forward for the next visit.