“By far the best!”

Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa
Ranked #12 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from premier romance on 14th September, although we did not want to! I will keep it short and sweet, best service we have had with thanks to general manager, admin staff, bell boy, waiters and chefs and the cleaner for the room who did a superb job everyday! The food was absolutely brilliant with a good variety everyday, breakfast was brilliant, the place was amazing! The room we had was fantastic with the most beautiful sea view ever! The place is so beautiful with lots to do if you book excursions or nothing at all if you just want to relax! The staff are always trying their best to do everything for you to make your stay that much more comfortable and enjoyable. The cleaner for the room was such a nice person and nothing is too much for these guys who always do more for you than expected. We were given a free meal and the room for a few hours as our flight were delayed and we had checked out already. This was such an amaaaaaazing holiday and wish to return soon. Im sure they will b happy to have us again.

Aska and Zaki

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are brilliant!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for having reviewed our hotel on Tripadvisor, wishing the next one. all the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I do not know where to start with this hotel. We went to Sahl Hasheesh for 7 nights and stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. Every good review here is absolutely 100% true.The hotel is as amazing as you see on the professional photos. The staff are all Muslim and treat you with utmost respect and care. They made our experience that much more enjoyable with the friendly and relaxed service. We felt as though we had individual service as they were that lovely. The place is an absolute dream, such a beautiful place if you want a quiet, peaceful romantic getaway. Everyday was a discovery of the beautiful area and meeting many Egyptian Muslims who were all very kind and friendly people. we booked excursions through thomson which was brilliant and we realised 7 days in Egypt really was not enough. The bay was so amazing and something you would see in a brochure. On the last day our flights were delayed and as we had checked out already, the hotel manager came to us personally and offered us a complimentary dinner and the room for a few hours to shower and freshen up even though it was not their fault. They really did value us till the end. on our last week it started becoming busy therefore service was slower but as the staff were very nice throughout this did not bother us. Thank you to all the staff for your hospitality, it is friendly service that makes a difference to your experience. Special thanks to the general manager and assistant manager Mohammed and Sabry, and the admin team Amr, Khalid and Hassan, also to the waiters and chefs Salah, Ramadan, Mohammed, Ahmed, Sherif, Mahmood, Sabr, Eid and Karim. these staff worked extremely hard to get us everything we need. Zaki

4  Thank Ask2611
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Ask2611
I seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing our premier romance to spend your holiday
me and my team wish you the best and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I do not normally write reviews, but I have just spent an amazing 2 weeks at the Romance that has inspired me to share my experience.
We stayed from the 7th to the 21 st of September as all inclusive guests and wanted a complete break from our hectic lives, that is exactly what we got.
I booked with Fresh Holidays who provided a first class service. I was in my hotel room 55 minutes after touchdown thanks to Fresh organising a private transfer. The drive to The Romance, Shal Hasheesh , took 25 minutes, with loads to see en route.
On arrivall, through immaculate grounds, we were greeted by Hassan who took care of our baggage and guided us into the Romance bar where we were met by Karim who offered us a lovely cold and much needed drink. Mohammed came to check us in and the whole process was completed without us having to move from our seats. This was just a taste of things to come.

I'll section the rest of this review for ease of reading.

Rooms
The rooms are lovely, beautifully decorated with soft and cooling colours, and are spotless (being a clean freak I would have spotted dirt at 100 paces) I was amazed at the beautiful light fittings in the bathroom. All have wonderful views. They are cleaned daily by cleaning staff working to exceptionally high standards. We had wonderful towel art and on some days received a rose or a lily in a vase. The air conditioning was perfect and controlled within the room. There's loads of storage space, a flat screen tv and a mini bar. The balcony had a table and 2 wicker style chairs, none of the stick to you skin plastic here !

Restaurants
The food in the main restaurant was varied and catered for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. The food was freshly prepared and there was show cooking at all meals. I'm a self-confessed fussy eater and I never failed to find something nice. I'm not a great bread eater either but my husband persuaded me to try the rolls. I have never tasted bread so light and it's all freshly made. If you have a sweet tooth then the puddings will delight you, my husband was in heaven.
The staff were very attentive and remembered what you drank. I took decaf coffee with me so needed hot water every morning. I only had to ask for this on the first day, my request was remembered for the rest of our stay.
The Chinese and Italian were wonderful. I can highly recommend the fillet steak in the Italian, so good I had it twice.
The drink is very palatable. The rose is served nice and cold, pina coladas are wonderful as are long island iced teas and mojitas. The vodka and rum are good even though not international brands and the lager refreshing and cold. There are lots of non alcoholic drinks available too as well as a constant supply of cold bottled water.

Beach and Pool
The beach was beautifully clean and tidy and run very effiiciently by Ibrahim and his deputy . They also look after the spotless pool. The beach has loads of sun beds and loungers, the sea is clear and warm and there is bar service and towels provided. The pool is a perfect size for this boutique hotel and has ample sun loungers around it, again towels are provided. The pool area has a jacuzzi that's a refreshing temperature. Both the pool and jacuzzi have their water tested daily. There's bar service around the pool and again your drinks order is remembered.

Hotel Build
Please, please, please take time to look at the ceilings. They are not the flat plaster we are used to. There are domes, lights and ceiling decorations in abundance and quite unique. All around the hotel there are ornaments and pieces of furniture perfectly matched to the hotel decor. There are two beautiful large cat silver ornaments in the reception seating area, some unusual chairs on the first floor and an amazing light in the central reception dome to name but a few. The whole effect oozes luxury.
All areas of the hotel are spotless and the team of cleaners that keep it that way are so polite.
There's a lovely outside terrace within the crescent of the hotel. We spent may an evening there sipping our drinks and chatting after dinner. And no mosquitoes either as the planting is all low to the ground and hard landscapes.....what a bonus !

Staff.
This is where the Romance excels. The true strength of a hotel is shown when something goes wrong. This hotel dealt promptly with one small problem and then continued to check that everything was o.k.
The team not only speak English, but some Russian, German and French too. If they didn't quite understand they would immediately get a colleague to ensure that we were understood. Mr Mohamed Saeed, the GM, must walk miles every day. He spends the entire day walking around the hotel, talking to his staff be it gardeners, cleaners, bar staff, waiters or managers ensuring that things are done properly and his guests are catered for in a 5 star luxury way. If something is out of place he moves it. He eats in the restaurant and mingles amongst the guests throughout the day and evening. His team have a lot of respect for him saying " he is a good man" high praise indeed considering a lot of other hotels. He cares for his staff, as we witnessed when one of them had an accident, insisting on taking him to hospital and staying with him throughout his consultation.

Guests
The hotel caters for a wide variety of guests, English, Russian, French and German mainly. They were all very friendly to other guests but I did notice on occasions a minority could be very rude to the staff. The response was polite and professional and an example of "treat others as you would like to be treated yourselves".
We made some great friends, we have the Romance to thank for this, and are going to keep in touch.

Tipping
At no time were we made to feel under pressure to tip any of the team. We tipped when and to whom we chose too. Service was always good regardless of tipping or not. We tipped in dollars and Egyptian notes because if you tip in coins the guys have to pay a huge fee, around 60%, when banking them.

The hotel team are all incredible and I have so many to thank. However, special thanks goes to Karim at the Romance and beach bar, Mohammed and Amr at reception, Ibrahim and his assistant at the pool and beach, Ahmed at the Italian, Abd (abs) head waiter (hope your leg is better and we missed you) Khalad and Hassan who meet and greet, Eid who made me laugh so, Yasser (Teddy) who was covering the bar and restaurants management and Ramadam -" it's easy". Thanks also to the great GM Mr Mohameed Saeed, and yes I'd still like to work in your hotel.

I'm sure I have left so much out, and I apologise if I haven't covered something you wanted to know.

We have been lucky enough to holiday in Egypt several times at 4 and 5 star hotels. We never go back to the same hotel twice but would we stay at the Premier Romance again ? Oh yes !!!
Only 340 days until we return to this slice of Paradise, and this time there will be 4 of us :)

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and furnished to a very high standard. High floors have a wonderful view
4  Thank Brie66
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Brie66
It was really nice to read this beautiful poetry in overview our premier romance and on behalf of premier romance team i would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holiday and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Once again thank you sooooooooo much

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and most of the staff are very nice. I agree with the other reviewers who enjoyed staying this hotel. So I am going to mention the negatives. The bar service is extremely slow whereas hardly busy. I sat down in front of 4 waiters chatting, no one came to me for good 10 minutes. But I still had a wonderful week. However, the last day was let down. I arranged a late check out (2 pm as I was told that was the latest, my pick up was 5:30 pm) . Went for a lunch ordered a glass of wine then I was told I'd have to pay for that because only soft drink is included in that 'complementary lunch' for the late check out guests. Still had a couple of hours, sitting at the bar a waiter came (for a change!) asked what I want and told I'd have to pay. I stood up and sat in the lobby. It wasn't about the price as such but thought it was really bad way to let their guests go. What is the harm to let them enjoy the last moment of the wonderful holiday with a drink? There is no other place to go near the hotel. I saw someone else mentioned this and hope the hotel takes notes - the guests are guests until they leave the premises. If they want to be that stingy at the last moment I could say what about the money I paid for 7 nights AI but I hardly had anything on my first day because I didn't arrive until 10 pm?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mikicam1712
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Mikicam 1712
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on the tripadvisor it was really our pleasure , on the other hand i want to extend my personal appreciation for your comment .
your comment will definitely be conveyed to our management team.
once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just got back from Premiere Romance (29th September 2012) and had an amazing week. This exquisite and beautiful hotel made up for a disastrous journey with Thomas Cook as our flight from Gatwick was delayed by 4 hours. We checked in after 1 in the morning upon on our arrival we are just asked to sit and relax on the sofa and they brought us hibiscus drinks. Check-in was straight forward with no hassle and no forms etc.
As we missed dinner we were sent up a tray to our bedroom which was very considerate of them.
All the staff were very friendly, quick to resolve any problems and always come around asking if you need anything. The food was excellent with a good variety. Chefs were around in the restaurant at all times to prepare certain dishes to your taste. Our room was always made up quickly to a very good standard. The beach was very clean and quiet (no kids!!) and we had lovely weather to enjoy it. The lovely staff on the beach looked after us the whole time and there were waiters frequently bringing drinks to our cabin. The cabins were available free of charge which was great as most hotels charge extra for this.
We really enjoyed our stay and felt pampered throughout and would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a relaxing break in the sun.

Neil n Farrah

3  Thank Farrah R

Dear Farrah R
Thank you for your review , we look forward to a longer stay next time.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Returned from Premier Romance on 22nd September 2012. What an amazing & relaxing holiday from start to finish. Fantastic staff, wonderful food, beautiful beach, stunning hotel. If you decide to visit this hotel you will not regret it as you will be treated like KINGS & QUEENS throughout your stay. If I have to pick a fault with this beautiful stunning hotel it is the way some hotel guests treat the staff when all the staff want to do is help you and make your holiday the best you will ever have. A special thanks to Amr & Mohamed El Menshany on Reception, Golden Boy Bell Boy Hassan, Ibrahim & Karim Bar Service and Abd El & Ibrahim on the beach who kept us entertained throughout the day and a SPECIAL SPECIAL thanks the Yaseer Saleh and Mohamed Hotel Manager.

Thank you all for a GREAT holiday experience

The
..ROCK.. ;0)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear my favorite WRESTLER ( THE ROCK )
Thank you so much for the amazing review and we hope to see you in the near future.
Me and my premier romance team wish you a good luck for your next match in front of
JOHN SENA

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Premier Romance. The most relaxing holiday ever. Hotel and staff were excellent, food very good. Lovely to find a virtually empty beach due to only this hotel near, no noisy kids running about. Beach guys were very friendly and looked after us very well. The room guy was great and nothing was too much trouble. Only problem we had was that the shower curtain was not long enough so didn't hang inside the bath and the floor flooded every time you took a shower, but really not enought of a problem to spoil a really lovely holiday. Does what it says on the can, quiet, peaceful and relaxing, can't want for more than that. We did upgrade to full board at a cost of approx £230 for the 2 of us fo the week, drinks were slightly expensive. We had a superb meal in both the Italian and Chinese restaurants. Egyptian night food was very good too. Definately the place to go to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor and overlooked the beach, never heard anything other than our air conditio...

Dear Sarah

Thank you so much for taking time to review our premier romance on the tripadvisor.
Me and my team wish you the best and we hope to see you again in the near future.