“relaxing week at PLR”

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
Ranked #1 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed February 21, 2011

When we arrived it was just in the middle of all the upset in Cairo and other larger cities but you would never know it in Sahl Hasheesh ! Everything was calm and quiet and in fact the only tourists around were the Brits !..The hotel made us so welcome, they were so happy to see some tourists. We got through the airport to be whisked away to the hotel through deserted streets in our own private mini van ( shocking waste of fuel as they do this for all guests !..nice though )..were shown to lounge and given room key ( only one which could be a bit of a nuisance but if you ask I think they would issue two )...went to our lovely clean comfy and huge room, which was standard and it had massive bathroom and full minibar and tea and coffee making facilities. Nice balcony looking out to sea but it did not get sun ( room 1503 ) and it was close to the long bar so we could hear some music at night but it did not go on really late so not really a probelm but if you sleep early avoid those rooms near the bar.
We went for buffet supper and there was good variety and very tasty as was the case with all our meals. Breakfast is a delight with so much to select from but the orange juice was a bit watered down.
We ate in all the a la cartes and our favourite was the seafood, really good. the Italian was just okay..not fab as some have reported but I have had better in Bella Italia. the red wine is foul but that is just Egypt so we expected that.
The coffee from the beach bar is very nice and the pool boys keep you topped up all day with drinks. I would have liked to have had the option of a snack by the pool but that is not available and also for a hotel of this standard it would have been nice to have some ice cream by the pool ( ice cream only available in the buffet )
Don't bother to rent a bike they are positively dangerous !
This is a great hotel for Egypt and the service is pretty good and very friendly ( not as lecherous as some places in Egypt ! )
All in all we had a super holiday which was very relaxing and chilled out ( spa is fabulous but expensive but they really are great masseuses )
We did really like it and the faults ( if they are faults ) are really very small and I had to look hard to find fault.
The lobby area is stunning and the ladies toilets in the lobby are probably the prettiest I have ever seen
One last mention..Mohammed, our Thomson rep was just great and I want to thank him for being so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for him..a real credit to Thomsons .

2  Thank chere0g
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Dear guests,

We are delighted to gather from your review that you have spent a pleasant and relaxing vacation in our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA. I have passed on your positive feedback to the team members and on behalf of all of them we would like to thank you once more for having chosen our Premier Le Reve for your holiday destinations.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again here in Sahl Hasheesh.

Premier Egypt Hotels Sahl Hasheesh

There are newer reviews for Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We did'nt enjoy this hotel. Its location is in the middle of no where, 30 min drive to hurghada,
My husband was ill with upset stomach for approx 5 days out of the 7, Couldnt wait to leave for that reason.
The Head waiter in the Turquoise resturant was over jeazous with my husband he had linen trousers on that roll up he made him roll them down, there were at 3 other men in there with the same sort of trousers on.....
We would not return

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Shandylincs

Dear guests,

We appreciate that you found the time to post your experience on tripadvisor.
I refer to your review about your stay at our resort in September 2010 and I regret to read that your stay didn’t meet your expectations.

I am truly sorry to hear that your husband didn’t feel well most of the time of his stay due to an upset stomach. As we have regular inspections from several UK tour operators and a specialized company Ecristal which checks on our health and safety on monthly basis, we are sure that the upset stomach couldn’t have been caused by our food and beverage items. Additionally we do distribute information letters upon check in which advice how to behave in this climate during summer in order to avoid being sick, as it is always tempting for guests who come from a cooler climate in Europe to spend as much time as possible in the sun here in Egypt.

Regarding the dress code which you have mentioned, kindly note that it is applied for all our guests, without any exceptions. We would have preferred if you have addressed the case that other guests entered the restaurant with a similar sort of trousers which you were wearing to our hotel management during your stay, as we could have taken an immediate action.
We wish to be able to host you once more in one of our Premier hotels in order to prove a first class service.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

The hotel was excellent, we have stayed in many hotels but this one was the best. The staff in the hotel and beside the pools were great, nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was spacious and comfortable and the food and service in the main restaurant and also the specialised restaurants were superb. We were sorry when it was time to leave but will certainly return next year. Transportation in both directions between the hotel and airport were excellent. Thanks to everybody concerned who made this such a wonderful holiday.

B and V Wheeldon , Bramhall, Cheshire.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bubbles31216
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Mr. & Mrs, Wheeldon,

thank you very much for your posted review and your kind workds about our hotel, services and team members. It is nice to know that you enjoyed dining in all our restaurants and that you felt comfortable in our spacious and comfortable rooms.

We look forward to spoil you very soon with another wonderful holiday.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

This hotel deserves the high praise, it regulary receives. This was our second visit and everything was first class. The Hotel Manager and his staff are very friendly and professional. The food quality and choice is excellent, the a la carte restaurants (Italian, Chinese and Sea Food) are exceptional and included in the all inclusive, there are no corners to be cut in this hotel. The bedrooms are quite big, cosy and comfortable, the air conditioning is very effective, however if wanting to leave on overnight, as would be needed throughout the summer months it is quite noisy. This is the only minor problem, the hotel Manager is aware of this situation and says it will be sorted. If you like to excercise, you have the gym and spa, which is fantastic, also you can hire bikes 5 euros per hour. There are plenty of comfortable sun beds around the 3 pools, one which is salt water (You float on the top and is good for your skin). The weather for february was good, sun every day.

3  Thank amigosManchester
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2011

Dear guests,

Greetings from Premier Le Reve. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel and our facilites, we are so pleased to read that you had such a first class holiday. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I feel a bit bad writing this review as It's not going to be as glowing about this hotel as most
There is no doubt that it is a beautiful looking hotel, stunning in fact. All the public parts of the building and the grounds are really beautiful.

I was travelling with my daughter (adult) It did start badly for us on arrival. We found our way to the executive lounge , and when we got there , there was nowhere to sit, Nobody offered us the drinks and the towels that everyone else appeared to have. We waited for about 30 minutes before anyone took us to our room and all this time nobody from the hotel had said a word to us! We had booked a deluxe room, which was fine, very large.Don't get excited about the minibars , they were not refilled during our stay at all , the water in our room was replaced with 4 bottles every day. I've seen photos of towel art on this website but we certainly had none. Our room was cleaned to an extremely high standard the first day but after that it had the minimum done.
The body lotions, shampoos etc in the bathroom were partly used and sticky, when we arrived but these were changed the following day.

We then went down to dinner in the Turquoise resturant, the food was excellent but no waiter could be found to take our drinks order and I eventually went to the bar in the corner of the resturant and got a couple of glasses of wine for us myself, This was a constant problem thoughout our holiday. It was very difficult sometimes to get a drink and almost impossible to get a refill!

The pools are lovely and Carlos is a real asset to this hotel. I He really is so helpful and efficent. Full marks also to the rest of the staff around the pool, they would not allow you to move a sunbed or umbrella yourself, as soon as you stood up , they were there moving it for you. The only think that really did annoy me was that they would only give you one towel each for the sunbeds, problem is that 1 does not cover them and half of the bed is uncovered and uncomfortable. They always promised to bring 2 more but never did! In the end I took the towels from the room to the pool. There are cabanas on the beach, be warned if you want these you will have to get up early. They were all taken by 7am . I think people put towels on them the night before. The curtains on these are torn already which is a great shame as the hotel has not been open very long.
THe main problem with the hotel for me was the Skypool. This are does not appear to be run to the same high standard as the rest of the hotel. Sometimes it was quite cold up there and it also had an unpleasant smell of drains. It has a very small jacuzzi in it, but we stopped using it after we had to complain that it had scum on the sides and floating on the top of the water!
This area also has the vitamin bar at the end of it. This has a TV in it which was usually on very high volume which made relaxing by the pool almost impossible.
It was lovely to have the different resturants to use in the evening and we went to them all. The standard of food in the Sushi is terrific and the staff lovely, but it was empty so no athmosphere. This is A la Carte and our bill came to about £45. We also went to the Indian at the Premier Romance, food was just ok, but nice to get out for the evening.
In conclusion, I have mixed feelings about the hotel. I am in the process of booking a holiday for my husband and myself for May , we may go here but I think it speaks volumes that I am looking at other alternatives, I did enjoy it but it didn't really impress me.

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank churchcottage

Dear guests,

We appreciate that you found the time to post your experience on tripadvisor and thank you very much for the high rating in which you have scored us. First of all I would like to mention that we welcome constructive criticism as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our service further.

I regret to note that your expectations were not met upon your arrival as your experience doesn't reflect our standard. Further to this I am concerned about your unfortunate experience at our restaurants and with our housekeeping. I already had a meeting with both department heads to ensure that those service lacks won't happen again. I believe that you have been looking forward to receive various towel decorations in your room like you have seen on tripadvisor. But I have stopped those towel arts due to hygienic reasons. I have also re-checked the temperature records of the Sky Pool during January 2011 and it has constantly been heated between 27 to 30 degrees celcius. Regarding the high volume of the TV the necessary action has been taken already.
It is our aim to ensure that all our guests leave our Premier Hotels with a smile and cheered by their vacation, unfortunately we have failed to achieve this during your stay with us.
I hope you will decide to visit us again in order to prove the true Premier experience and to have a chance to make up for your last experience.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

Just returned ,, Simply stunning , had a great time and the batteries are recharged ... Many thanks to all the staff with note to Hani, Carlos aka Honey and Sayed ..Would recommend you treat yourselves to this gem .. Glenn

3  Thank glennardoShepperton
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2011

Dear guests,

Thank you for your lovely review about our hotel and attentive staff, we are so pleased to read that you had such a great time. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Got back from PLR on Friday night. What can I say that hasn't been by others, From the polite staff at the desk to the mad waiters around the pool the staff couldn't do enough for us! The food was superb and the Italian, in particular, was a cracking night out. Our cleaner was excellent and one day when I returned to the room to change my book, he had the 8ft wide bed pulled out and was cleaning behind! The spa was very good, albeit pricy, although we did get a freebie for booking 2 treatments, I also used the gym, which was well stocked with both cardio and weights kit. I felt sorry for all the staff with a lot of people cancelling (although mainly Germans and Russians) but it was a bit of a bonus fir us as we didn't have to fight for a sunbed. Would I recomend this hotel? In a hearbeat, we wil return.

3  Thank stax549
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Dear guests,

Greetings from Premier Le Reve. Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel and polite staff, we are so pleased to read that you had such a relaxing holiday.
Rest assure that pleny of sunbeds are available at any time and fighting won't be necessary. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.