“Beautiful hotel, spa prices unrealistic”

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
Ranked #1 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Hotel

My husband and I lead very hectic, crazy lives and wanted a 5* hotel with no screaming children. Premier Le Reve was just that! Tranquil, quiet, pure bliss! We were in awe of the stunning beach & sea and spent our entire time there, as opposed to by the pool. There are cabanas, loungers etc and the drink service by Abdul (Hakuna Matata my Egyptian Friend!) was perfect. The food was also terrific and the service in all of the restaurants was excellent.

I agree with the reviewers asking for more organized daytime hotel activities (ie pool aerobics). It would have been nice to have some options during the day. This wouldn't necessarily have to be organized by the Thomposon/Ake/whatever rep, but by the hotel itself. Maybe yoga on the beach? Games to play with your partner against other couples? This definitely would have added to the experience.

My only negative comment is that this is a hotel that markets itself as a hotel for couples. Why then is there even one room in this hotel without a big bed??? We thought it was a bit ridiculous to have to sleep apart! Due to the nightstand in between our two single beds, we couldn't even push them together. Of course, you can pay to upgrade to a bigger room but that seemed unfair to us. Because for $60 additional per night for a bigger bed is just too much.

Just a side note: you cannot put tap water in your mouth AT ALL or you will get sick. When brushing your teeth, you have to use bottled water to wet your brush, rinse mouth, clean brush. Otherwise you will definitely get sick! When showering, keep mouth closed at all times! And thanks to the helpful reviews on Tripadvisor, we brought our own meds from home so not to be exploited by the Pharmacy prices. Luckily the hotel provides several sealed bottles of water in your room each day, so you never have to worry about running out.

The Spa

I wanted to review the spa separately because it is not owned by the hotel directly and I don't want my negative comments to reflect on the hotel. First of all, the PRICES! The 1-hour massages range from 65-90 Euro, which is more than in any other country I've spa'd (I pay 55 Euro for a 90-minute massage back home). The spa is my favorite part of my holiday and I usually get something every day when escaping the sun in the hottest part of the day. However, with these prices I felt like I was getting ripped off. We had the Romeo & Juliet program which was nice, and a facial. The R&J program was nice, but the facial had me on edge the whole time!

During the facial the bright lights were on almost the entire time and my eyes were watering and I couldn't relax. The facialist seemed to do everything in a backwards order and with my eyes sqeezed shut I jumped every time I was touched! But what really upset me was that, without asking my permission, my eyebrows were threaded. Perhaps it is considered beautiful here to have super skinny brows, but I was happy with mine the way they were! Never in my life have I had such skinny brows as now, and I hate them! Had I been asked, I would have asked for a "clean-up" but never would have consented for this.

Also, as the spa is separately owned, you cannot charge the services to your room. Instead, when you arrive for your first appointment you're told to pay upfront. This meant that I had to go back to my room to get cash...and then arrive a bit late to the appointment.

Overall

The trip was incredible (don't miss the day trip to Cairo!) the hotel was beautiful and the service impeccable. We are already planning our next visit to Egypt and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in the same bed as your partner you will have to upgrade from a standard room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoPa_12
There are newer reviews for Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just got back after 2 weeks at this outstanding hotel. The layout is good, the hotel is beautiful kept spotlessly clean rooms are large no need to upgrade (unless you spend most of your day in it) the service is very good managers will approach you and check that everything is to your satisfaction. The food is very good always something you can find to eat even the fussy eaters. Chinese and Italian are exceptional. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Not loads to do entertainment wise but didnt stop us from really enjoying ourselves. Went on trip in desert on the dirt devils, great fun.The gym is well equipped. All staff are extremely friendly. Big thanks to Hazem & Abd etc in lobby bar for looking after us. Will definately be going back.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is same floor as lobby and is very conveniently situated for bar and resturants.
1  Thank malibuqueen
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear guests,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We visited the hotel from the 22nd June for two and agree with previous written reviews this hotel is amazing with the most wonderful friendly staff.

I got i'll for 24 hours and I don't blame the hotel for this, it could not of been cleaner! it was 40 degrees most days and I think that to expect for people not get tummy bugs with such different food and the heat is a tall order! The hotel did all they could to assist people. I do agree though that the charges for medication were to much, you could pay from as little as £12 to 180 quid! Needs looking into.

Stella the rep! Was so helpful, friendly and was very caring when I was ill by assisting my wife to get me some fruit. Stella did an excellent job and was always around, even on her day off! One person kept her talking whilst she was trying to eat her breakfast, which I thought was very inconsiderate. Well done Stella great job.

Tom very friendly and made us laugh. People have said he doesn't do anything please bear in mind a lot of what he is allowed to do is ruled by the hotel!

Little Rum Club! How dare anybody put them down! They are brilliant, Gully has the most beautiful voice and we were gutted we didn't get to say goodbye - I hope all is well with her family.

Josh plays the acoustic guitar amazing! We really enjoyed listening to you both.

Had a lovely holiday, special thanks to:
Tarek - the pool man.
Tamar - exec lounge waiter for excellent service.

We met some wonderful people, M and B missing the cocktails and hot chocolate.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Well what can we say, we have just come back from a two week stay 22nd June till 6th July The hotel is definatley 5* for the beautiful decor, excellent food,impeccable service and the most wonderful helpful staff we have had the pleasure to meet.

The Fish Restaraunt was our favourite the Sea Bass was wonderful!!!
The Italian, Elegant decor and food also was perfect !!!
The Chinese also faultless apart from the fact myself and partner had to leave before the Main course was eaten due to we had both come down with what they call Pharoahs revenge !!! one evil bugger that is kept hubby in bed for a day and myself did not like to venture far from the loo,s.
The Turqouise Restaraunt was superb buffet food faultless.

Dont get me wrong this was not caused by the Chinese whatsoever !!!
It seemed to be quite a few people were suffering the same problem, so please if you are unlucky enough for this to affect you go to a pharmacy in Hurghada if possible as the Pharmacy seemed to be on a roll ripping ill people off and charging exhuberant prices, between myself and partner we paid £41 english pounds for tablets.
We also met a loveley couple who tried to purchase a item from the pharmacy to be told it would cost £78 hence to say they went into Hurghada and paid £5 for the exact item says a lot really.

I would like to say a big thank you to each and every one of the staff at this hotel they work their bits off and nothing is to much trouble if you dont have it and want it ..they get it for you if possible.
The downside to this Hotel for us was the lack of entertainment they did have some ie little rum club who the more you heard just sounded the same with every song they sang and became very boring.
Daytime activity was nil apparantly the Thompson rep Tom was allegedly responsible for this ??? On the daytime activity sheet water areobics 11:00 am a gentle reminder by Tom would of been nice as not everyone is clock watching on holiday and at all hotels we have stayed at before the reps walk round the pool reminding the guests of the activities .
Tom well all we saw him do was stroll round the pool like a tourist and sit chatting on certain peoples sun loungers and looking like he could not really be bothered to motivate himself to do anything.
My partner and two other friends we met (hi Phil & Mark :) actually asked Tom if they could play a little water polo late afternoon, he did say he would ask the Manager. Well hello Tom we are still waiting for an answer.
Stella the Thompson rep was very good dealt with our issues and even changed a trip out to the following week due to my partners dodgy tum etc.

The ground of the hotel are immaculatley kept long with most things.

Tips for trips Do not book the Rock and shop as this costs £25 pp and is a complete waste of money taken to two shops not much time for shopping then taken to Hard rock cafe for some sub standard food.
If you want to shop go on the shuttle from the hotel which is Free !!! it goes to the Marina which is beautiful a few shops and resteraunts, but you have plenty of time to walk into the main shopping street and get some souveniers wich we found more entertining than paying £50 for via Thompsons.
Mahmya Island beautiful rather over priced but glad we went does get rather crowded.

Back to the hotel ... Thursday is Gala night which we spent with some wonderful people we met it was also Phils birthday and the staff came along to the table with a cake and wonderful voices singing Happy Birthday which was wonderful !!

A big thank you to the wonderful Carlos who works his butt off all day serving drinks around the pool made me laugh with is Wanna beer bob as he walked around taking orders.

All in all we enjoyed the Hotel but what made our holiday more enjoyable were the two other couples that we met a big Hi to Phil and Adrienne, Mark & Kayleigh you were the tops your company was a delight :))
Would we go back probably not a bit to quiet for us hence we are glad we met some great people which took the boredom away or I think we would of gone stir crazy.

The jetty unfinished but ok once in the sea we saw some fantastic fish and Alan even found Nemo lol and some other amazing looking fish with beautiful colours in fact we saw more fish here than at mahmya island.

The thing I would suggest to Thompsons is change your planes by the time we arrived back at Gatwick my knees had seized up due to being soooo cramped up with lack of space not good when one has arthritis , and some entertainment would be good look after your customers please !!! we are the ones keeping you in business !!!

If this Hotel had a little more Daytime entertainment for those who whish to partake, and better evening entertainment it would be faultless as you cannot blame the hotel for the Excursions on offer by Thompsons,
ps you dont need travel adapters as they are 3 pin sockets

10  Thank erniemegmol

Dear guests,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks and photos which I have shared with our team members. Your comment about "the most wonderful helpful staff" will certainly encourage them to maintain their efforts to please our guests. I am sorry that our entertainment disappointed you - I have forwarded already to the persons concerned.
We were most happy you chose celebrate your birthday with us.
We hope that you will choose to visit us again whenever your travel brings you back to Sahl Hasheesh.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My partner and i stayed here in July 2011. It was amazing. A wonderful hotel with a great manager here. Durin our stay the hotel won the gold star award for the best hotel in Egypt! It was well deserved!
The rooms are amazing, with shower and bath as well as walk in wardrobe.
The food was out of this world, something different every day with lots of lovely puddings!
The bars were great, wonderful cocktails as well as fizzy wine being included.
The pool waiter Carlos was brill!! In the morning her greeted us with bottles of water, followed by our drinks orders he remembered from the first day through the holiday! Some staff even came and cleaned our sunglasses and gave us cool towels in the sun!
The salt pool was fun to float in! Lots of beds, no children, no noise just bliss! We loved it so much we are off the the sister hotel in November 2012.
Go you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Smudddle

Dear guests,
In first place, we would like to thank you for your stay in our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA and for your friendly comment. It is a pleasure for us to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We wish you already a wonderful holiday in our Premier Romance Boutique Hotel & SPA in November.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great hotel fantastic staff nothing is to much trouble for them, this place would suite recovering alcoholics as you could drink the beer and wine all day and not feel as if you had had a drink.
Most hotels that i have stayed at you have to get up really early to get a sun bed and a brolly not this place if you came down at 1pm there was still plenty to go round never before have i seen this .The pool side service was great hats off to Milad he was there all day if not bringing you drinks then other refreshments top man .When we attended the welcome meeting we were given good information regarding the hotel and the trips avaiable and we were told that as we were in a forign country that we might get a slight tummy upset ,nothing prepaired me for the sickness and diarrhoea that i got on the wednesday morning at 3am i have never been so ill and spent the next two days of my holiday in bed unable to leave the room prior to this we had seen people at the pool saying how ill that they or there partners had been and on the last day of our holiday some people were extending there rooms until later in the day as they were still ill.My wife was sick on the Thursday and we went to the phamacy and joined the que for tablets they were doing a better trade then the gift shop and we parted with £32 i think it was a rip off but what else could you do. The entertainment was Naff all second rate i cant comment on the chinese resturant as we had to cancel due to both being ill .If you are going to the hotel should you go to the Long Bar take extra care when going anywhere near the disco area as they have two Laser effects units on the lighting rig BOTH of these are faulty one is projecting a straight line on to the side of the bar (not a problem) and the other is projecting a single red beam on to a chair this is very dangerous as if you walked through this beem and it went into your eye it could cause you perminant eye damage so beware ! yes i do know what i am talking about as i have been in the laser display industry for over 25 years, you have been warned !! This should be fixed as soon as possible. I forgot to mention The GYM this is state of the art equipment not the usual rubbish you find on holiday .So to recape the hotel and its staff were excellent the food was great i cannot say what caused the S&D i dont think the hotel knows as if they did they would do something about it but perhaps they should TRY and find out would i go back ? Yes if they found out what caused the S&D. Note to Thomson We got a five star hotel but a 1 star flight no entertainment for five hours and sittting next to the children from Hell perhaps you could arrange to put familys with children up the front of the plane all together .One other thing wheather you intend on staying in the hotel for the duration of your holiday you will still have to by a Visa at the airport you will not get out of the airport without one. P.S. the Bell captain thinks you owe him a living

Room Tip: Go to your doctors before going and get some anti biotics
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Les C

Dear Les,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA and we really appreciate the information you have shared with us. It was great of you to point out the positives you have experienced in our facilities and services.
We wish to welcome you very soon again in Sahl Hasheesh.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a two week holiday and must say that the whole experience was fantastic. The food in the buffet restaurant is lovely with plenty of choice and the A la Carte restaurants are wonderful. The staff at all levels are brilliant. Abdul who cleaned our bedroom was fabulous and the guys round the pool serving drinks and supplying towels were amazing. The hotel and grounds are immaculate. The entertainment is low key but this was not a problem for us. Little Rum Club were very good. Stella our Thomson Rep was great. She was very helpful and very approachable and was always available to speak to. Tom the entertainment guy was also very approachable and has a great sense of humour. The Gala Dinner was spectacular, the tables were beautifully decorated and there was so much choice of food it was just amazing. We had a standard room which was lovely and was more than adequate for us. Mr Fouquet was always visible around the Hotel and was very approachable, and had a genuine interest in each guest. The management and staff made us feel very special and we had a wonderful relaxing holiday. We would definitely recommend this Hotel and it deserves it's 5* status. We enjoyed it so much that we have booked for next year!!

6  Thank Linda M

Dear Linda,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. It makes us truly happy that you had a fabulous holiday with us. We appreciate that you would recommend our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA and look already forward to your return visit next year.