My husband and I lead very hectic, crazy lives and wanted a 5* hotel with no screaming children. Premier Le Reve was just that! Tranquil, quiet, pure bliss! We were in awe of the stunning beach & sea and spent our entire time there, as opposed to by the pool. There are cabanas, loungers etc and the drink service by Abdul (Hakuna Matata my Egyptian Friend!) was perfect. The food was also terrific and the service in all of the restaurants was excellent.
I agree with the reviewers asking for more organized daytime hotel activities (ie pool aerobics). It would have been nice to have some options during the day. This wouldn't necessarily have to be organized by the Thomposon/Ake/whatever rep, but by the hotel itself. Maybe yoga on the beach? Games to play with your partner against other couples? This definitely would have added to the experience.
My only negative comment is that this is a hotel that markets itself as a hotel for couples. Why then is there even one room in this hotel without a big bed??? We thought it was a bit ridiculous to have to sleep apart! Due to the nightstand in between our two single beds, we couldn't even push them together. Of course, you can pay to upgrade to a bigger room but that seemed unfair to us. Because for $60 additional per night for a bigger bed is just too much.
Just a side note: you cannot put tap water in your mouth AT ALL or you will get sick. When brushing your teeth, you have to use bottled water to wet your brush, rinse mouth, clean brush. Otherwise you will definitely get sick! When showering, keep mouth closed at all times! And thanks to the helpful reviews on Tripadvisor, we brought our own meds from home so not to be exploited by the Pharmacy prices. Luckily the hotel provides several sealed bottles of water in your room each day, so you never have to worry about running out.
I wanted to review the spa separately because it is not owned by the hotel directly and I don't want my negative comments to reflect on the hotel. First of all, the PRICES! The 1-hour massages range from 65-90 Euro, which is more than in any other country I've spa'd (I pay 55 Euro for a 90-minute massage back home). The spa is my favorite part of my holiday and I usually get something every day when escaping the sun in the hottest part of the day. However, with these prices I felt like I was getting ripped off. We had the Romeo & Juliet program which was nice, and a facial. The R&J program was nice, but the facial had me on edge the whole time!
During the facial the bright lights were on almost the entire time and my eyes were watering and I couldn't relax. The facialist seemed to do everything in a backwards order and with my eyes sqeezed shut I jumped every time I was touched! But what really upset me was that, without asking my permission, my eyebrows were threaded. Perhaps it is considered beautiful here to have super skinny brows, but I was happy with mine the way they were! Never in my life have I had such skinny brows as now, and I hate them! Had I been asked, I would have asked for a "clean-up" but never would have consented for this.
Also, as the spa is separately owned, you cannot charge the services to your room. Instead, when you arrive for your first appointment you're told to pay upfront. This meant that I had to go back to my room to get cash...and then arrive a bit late to the appointment.
The trip was incredible (don't miss the day trip to Cairo!) the hotel was beautiful and the service impeccable. We are already planning our next visit to Egypt and will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in extensive landscaped grounds, this luxury hotel leads you from pool to beach to sea in one beautiful vista. With Sensimar Premier's unique Ultra All Inclusive standards, you can dine in one of seven different restaurants, enjoy a relaxing drink in numerous bars or swim and play in a choice of pools or on the private beach. Each evening entertainment is offered or spend some quality time in the hotel's spa facilities. This is affordable luxury in a superb Red Sea setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Premier Le Reve Hotel Hurghada