“"Simply the best"”

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
Ranked #2 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday and have to say that from the moment we first stepped into the hotel we have had the most relaxing and fantastic holiday ever . The Executive Duty Manager Fouquet Zakaria was an absolute gentleman and on hand at all times endeavouring to ensure that all his guests were happy with all aspects of the hotel and service. The staff were all excellent and very friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble. However, we have to make a special mention of Carlos (the pool waiter - very nice), Abdo (Recreation) and not forgetting Abdul (room service), they were all fantastic! We have never been to a hotel where the hotel management and staff have made us feel so special. The food in the main restaurant was very good quality with plenty of choice for everyone. The gala dinner night was breathtaking!!! We also ate in the Italian and Chinese restaurants where again the food was exceptional. The hotel is modern, very elegant and spotlessly clean. The hotel grounds are well tended with lovely seating facilities dotted everywhere and the swimming pools and sunbed areas are maintained to a high standard. The entertainment is low key (especially daytime) but that suited us. Finally, another special touch when sadly checking out and typical of the hotel, we were both handed a gift of papyrus bookmarks with our forenames penned in Eqyptian. For a fabulously relaxing holiday, in elegant surroundings where the food and service are second to none its got to be the Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa. My husband and I will definitely be returning soon!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms overlook the pool and have side seaview, room 1342 was perfect for us.
5  Thank John D

Dear guests,
Thank you for your review and your wonderful feedback on our team members. They are the true spirit of the hotel and I will be so proud to share your comment with them. Our evening events such as the Gala Dinner proves to be truly very popular and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed this night thoroughly.
We look already very much forward to your return visit.

Premier Egypt Hotels Sahl Hasheesh

Write a ReviewReviews (5,706)

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This review comes in 2 parts, the hotel and thomson.
Firstly the hotel, over the 2 weeks (22/6/12 - 06/7/12), we were there i can honestly say i could not find fault with the hotel, from the minute you arrive, greeted by the general manager, ice cold towels and hibiscus juice, check in was fast and bags brought up to your room within minutes.
The rooms are very spacious, and our room cleaner for the 2 weeks was 'Radi', we were in room 1243, and he kept the room immaculate. Also the mini bar in the room is free and restocked every day, as some earlier reviews don't state this.
The main restaurant was good for breakfast and evening meals, and we were looked after by 'siad and osama', who were great and nothing was too much trouble for these guys.
every thursday its gala dinner night, our first week it wasn't anything special, but the 2nd week it was my birthday, and thanks to the manager who organised a table for 6, it was a great night, cake, singing and a top night all round, but even without my birthday it was a better organised night
The hotel also had several a'la carte restaurants, including italian, fish, chinese, included in your all inclusive deal,and also indian and sushi, at an extra cost.
The fish was without doubt the best, but also the chinese and italian were very nice, we didn't try the indian or sushi so can't comment, and all bookable through your tv in the room, which was excellent
The grounds were also immaculate, the main swimming pool was as stated in previous reviews a little shabby, but overall not too bad, there is also a salt water pool which we tried and also two smaller pools.
The beach area was well laid out and a small jetty took you out to the coral reefs for some snorkelling, which was pretty good, there were plenty of sunbeds and free towels, we never used the beach but it looked nice.
The main pool was where we sat, and its here you find the 'JEWEL' in this hotel, his name is carlos, and he really does make your holiday, every review who mentions him says he is rather special and its 100% true, he is so friendly, always has a laugh with all the guests, from 10am he is always bringing your drinks, always remembers what you want.....a really good asset to the hotel. ( Very Nice ), and also the day he is off the service is not as good!!!
A couple of other nice touches, there is a guy comes round to clean your sunglasses, and also bring you chilled scented face towels in the midday heat, i have never had this before.
The pool bar was great during the day, and the snack bar for lunch was very nice and the guys who ran it were great.
The Entertainment is a little poor, firstly 'Wael' he was the best of the bunch, and he was bad, if he forgot the words, which he did often, we would make them up, which was very funny.
Next you had 'julio and julia', who are just as bad and really would struggle to shout coal up a back alley, but worth going along just to see his dancing skills, again very funny.
lastly you have 'the little rum club' who are without doubt the worst duo i have ever heard, sorry the worst act i have ever heard, it would be better if he just played his guitar, as it is pretty good, but dear me her voice is truly dreadful, she couldn't carry a note if it had a handle, every song she sang sounded the same, and by the end of 2 weeks, she drove you bloody beserk, because this duo are bloody everywhere, and luckily for us she took a few days off at the end of our holiday, so it gave our ears a well deserved rest.
Before i move onto thomson, i have to say our holiday was made extra special by the other guests we met at the hotel, and without mark, kayleigh, alan and karen,these guys made a great holiday even more special , so cheers for a great time and it was a absolute blast.....you know who you are!!!!
And thanks to mark for all my birthday surprises, loved it all fella!!!
And alan for the snorkel!!!
Lastly thomson, our rep was stella who i cannot fault, at your beck and call all the time, really helpful, and very good at her job, but the same cannot be said for her partner in crime ( and i hope he is reading this ), TOM, what an ablsolute waste of space this guy is, billed as the 'Entertainment Organiser', haha what a joke, all he does all day, thats if you even see him, is wander round having a chat with selected people, he really does have the easist job in the world, the are people with rigor mortis who do more, he never told me of any events happening through the day, and the sooner he is sent packing the better!!!
the trips, we booked the island trip, billed as a caribbean island, its nice but you can get a better deal from the guys on the beach, also myself alan and mark booked the sand buggies trip, at £54 each, i took ill the night before and had to cancel, but because i didn't give 24 hours notice i couldn't get a refund,very bad practice from thomson, and as it turns out the trip was 'Crap', and dangerous equipment so if your reading this....Please don't book it, save your money
Overall, great hotel, great staff, good food, poor entertainment and expensive & poor trips through thomson

7  Thank JohnnyEnglish25

Dear guests,
We would first like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you liked the room you stayed in and that it has been kept immaculate from the housekeeper. I am really happy that you had a nice birthday celebration during our Gala Night.
I am sorry that the entertainment didn't meet your personal taste. Individual perception can be very different over subjects such as music. However I wish to mention that I don't prefer to read quite offending comments about individual team members as I can guarantee that each single member of the hotel or Thomson team is doing his / her very best to satisfy all guests.
On behalf of the team we send you our best wishes until we meet again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We returned to this fantastic hotel for the second time 25th May to 4th June. What can we add to our last review that we haven't already said??? Hotel is excellent in every way.
ALL staff, from managers down are all wonderful - they all make everyone feel like an individual & special. Nothing is too much trouble for them at all. A lot of the staff are still same as on our last visit & many of them remembered us & treated us as old friends. Must also say a special thank you for making my partner's birthday special, just like they did mine last September.
Also must say 2 extra thanks, one to drinks lad & other beach staff, always a cold drink on our table with out us having to ask & cabanas, towels, pillows always sorted as soon as we set foot on the beach. The other to our great waiter in the main restaurant, who again was there on our previous visit. Food excellent as usual & we were upgraded to use of exec lounge which is a great place to chill any time of day. Had a fantastic room (1502) on top floor with full sea view. We are really looking forward to returning, which will probably in May 2013.
Thomson rep this year was Hannah & she knows her job & was fun to talk to. Tom the other Thomson rep was still settlig in but always had time for a chat.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms have better views & are very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Keith215

Dear Keith,
Summy greetings from the bay of Sahl Hasheesh. We are glad to read that your second visit has been excellent in every way again. It is lovely to read that your partner enjoyed her little birthday treat from our side.
We look forward to many more visits in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

In summary, this is our third time to Egypt, we had a good time at this hotel and would probably go back. We stayed from 29th June to 6th July and had a deluxe room.

I will summaries in pluses, minuses and observations. I have tried to make my review constructive rather than flowery to be of help to those thinking of staying, those who have booked to stay and the management of the hotel.

Pluses:

Felt very safe.

Met some really nice holidaymakers – there are a good class of clientele at this hotel and the no children policy made for a peaceful, relaxing break.

Everyone who stayed here knew how to queue and no-one pushes in.

Sea life on reef is as good as Sharm (once you enter the sea from the pier there is sand underfoot and the fish are spectacular). We did not see one Jellyfish during our stay.

The food is the best we have ever come across in any all-inclusive hotel – you are spoilt for choice and the quality is amazing.

The hotel is spectacular and you will come home with some fantastic photos.

All fruit and veg are washed in bottled water and ice is made from bottled water.

The managers are very hands-on.

The handout at the welcome meeting was a brilliant idea of Thomsons so that we knew what activities were happening every day.

The Main restaurant chefs and waiters are an asset to the company as is the blue eyed barman at the pool bar (sorry don’t know your name) - fantastic job each and every one of you.

The maintenance guy is great. If you have a problem he fixes it immediately (in our experience anyway).

Tom – the Thomson Events Manager – what can I say – an instant friend. My highlight was the lighting of the lantern on the beach – hilarious.

Stella – the Thomson rep – a reassuring presence - we are glad you were there.

Minuses:

My advice to the hotel would be to ditch the little pots of seafood which are not presented directly on ice but on shelves above as we always seemed to be eating them at room temperature and I think this is a terrible risk in such a hot country. I also question, having milk-based dressings out through the whole of a lunchtime sitting. We did experience some stomach discomfort after eating the seafood and dressing at the end of a buffet session. Even though it looks nice, seafood needs to be “on-ice” not 12 inches above it.

In good quality hotels glasses are NEVER picked up by the rim, even when empty. Staff need to be trained to always pick glasses up at the base.

Observations and advice:

The Chinese restaurant is good but not great.

The Italian restaurant is very good.

The Osiama Restaurant at lunchtime is good – a little too hot at times but food is excellent for a lunchtime snack.

This is an evolving hotel and Mr Fouquet (The Manager) is keen to react to guests complaints. Unfortunately, sometimes a little too keen. One complaint about smoking in the Long Bar a few months ago and the whole place is now designated no smoking (even the CIGAR Room !!??). My husband enjoys a holiday cigarette or two, and has always found Egypt to be a little bit of Heaven where his vice was not just tolerated but very nearly mandatory and we know that a large percentage of Brit tourists to Egypt feel the same. On our one visit to the Long Bar we were the only visitors and quickly left. Don’t get me wrong as I am a non-smoker, by all means have 2 indoor non-smoking bars but are all 3 really necessary!!

Although our room was deluxe, based on other hotels we have stayed at of this class, the toiletries were not and some looked dusty and most of them looked like they were not sealed and not out of a fresh supply.

Be careful when walking through the grounds during the early morning as due to the fantastic cleaning efforts the tiles remain damp for a time and I almost fell several times.

While the telly was flat screen, it was fairly small (32”) for a deluxe room (I know I sound a bit petty but just completing the picture).

The mini bar was restocked but it was random and pot-luck on what we found in it (even when requests were made only some of what re-stock we asked for was given).

The deluxe lounge was soulless and had no special touches. Free on-line newspapers in the morning would have been a great idea.

Haggle everywhere, even in the hotel pharmacy and spa. If you are really good at it you can get almost half the asking price. Well my hubby could - I don’t like the concept and could have done without it in a 5 star hotel.

The hotel staff do like tips but don’t feel pressurised if you don’t want to. Also note, that the guy who unloads your luggage from the coach at the airport on the way home will put his hand out for a tip in a very forceful way (a little un-classy for a 5 star hotel).

The beach and pool staff who spend the whole day walking around in the blazing sun delivering drinks, laying towels etc are superhuman! I just don’t know how they do it in that heat. However, a little tip – Only Fools and Horses and the Lion King ended years ago and saying “luverly Juberly” and Hakuna Matata on every visit nearly made us bite through our bottom lips by the 1000th time! On this note, I personally would recommend the hotel brief all their staff not to use the awful cockney accents that some staff mimic as they think the English like it and it is at best annoying to hear it every day and at worse quite offensive.

Don’t get me wrong, all in all, we had a very good stay and I do not want any of my comments to sound negative, just constructive. It is a hotel that is growing all the time, and while it is not perfect, it has the potential to be the best in Egypt – it just needs a little tweaking to make it what the hotel Tripadvisor reviewers profess it to be.

NOT for Premier Le Reve but advice for your comfort, the airport at Hurghada is “an experience” and please remember to bring toilet paper for your outward and return journey and sterilising hand-gel. Ladies, ignore the lady who will try to get money from you at the door of the ladies toilet and at the sinks. I lent one holidaymaker my hand-gel as she ran out of the toilets without washing her hands because she was so intimidated. Also, ignore the first couple of duty free shops until you get to the more official looking one. Note, in here, you will get a better price for items if you pay in dollars. In the first set of duty free shops, we saw people having to ask for their money back because when they checked their receipt it did not match the price on the shelf as 21% had been added to the price for commission. Don’t worry, all the people mentioned above won’t hurt you, they are just trying their luck so my best advice would be to ignore them where you can and don’t let them know if you are English as they see us as an easy touch. If however, you do want to buy something then be cautious.

Lastly, NOT for Premier Reve but comment for Thomson. The flight is very substandard and you are risking people’s health with such compact seating. Nearly 6 hours with no entertainment (not even the little aircraft picture showing where you are) is unacceptable. Also for customers, good luck if you want to go to the toilet while flying as the air stewards are continuously blocking access with trolley sales. If this does occur don’t stand and wait for the half an hour you will need to, just politely ask them to move and they should oblidge.

Special thanks to Mr Fouquet. The hotel is in good hands.

Room Tip: I would not opt for the ground floor rooms as the balcony is not sealed off.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank watercress

Dear guests,
Thank you for sparing the time to write such a detailed review. It has been fantastic to read that you found our food to be the best you ever had during a all inclusive holiday. Be sure that we will take your comments and observations into consideration. Some of your suggestions have already been addressed in the training sessions of the departments concerned. We are happy that you take another stay in our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA into consideration. We look already forward to this time.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at PLR for a week (22/6-29/6) and it wasn't long enough! Hotel was fabulous, very clean, helpful and friendly staff. Manager always pleasant and approachable. We wanted a week in the sun to chillout and that is exactly what we got. The food was very good, the food in the seafood, Italian and chinese restaurants was excellent. Egyptian night was a particular highlight for us. It was my partner's birthday whilst we were away and he was presented with a card and a cake at the restaurant! That was a lovely touch that neither of us expected.

We upgraded to a deluxe room, the bed was huge, minibar always restocked, always very clean. We were able to go into the Executive Lounge which we frequented most often as we enjoyed the peace and quiet of that particular bar, the staff were very professional.

Plenty of room by the pools and a several to chose from, or you could sit by the beach. We utilised the spa during our stay which was good value for money.

People have mentioned the powercuts, these were only for very short periods and really did not bother us at all, it was just one of those things. The hotel provided plenty of water when they had to check the water system and for the inconvenience they gave everyone a free late checkout, you could not say fairer than that really, the checks had to be done. Some people were poorly but we were fine, agree with the comms made about the heat and the produce with milk, cheese etc in the heat. I also took antibacterial handgel to use and did so before I ate and after handling any money.

We would definitely return to the PLR, we really enjoyed our stay and next time we will stay longer!

5  Thank EV83

Dear guests,
Thanks for your review and we are delighted that you had a great holiday with us here in Sahl Hasheesh.
We look eagerly forward to your next holiday with us.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 15th-29th June. Overall we were both very impressed by the standards and service on offer at this hotel. The check in procedure was extremely smooth and well organised which was refreshing after the chaos of the airport. We were handed a welcome pack on the coach which contained a short form to fill out for the hotel, on arrival at the hotel we were greeted with cold towels and a lovely juice drink (Hibiscus Juice). Then given an envelope that contained room key card, luggage tags for the bell boys with your room number on and also a bit more info regarding the hotel.

ROOM

Prior to our arrival I had emailed the hotel requesting a deluxe room on a high floor which is exactly what we got. We were allocated room 1534, which was absolutely fantastic, it had lovely views of the pool, terrace and best of all the Red Sea. The room itself was certainly one of the biggest we have ever stayed in, walk in wardrobe/dressing room, the bathroom had double sinks, bath with overhead shower and a seperate shower cubicle. The bedroom itself had a massive 8' wide bed, tea/coffee facilities, lcd tv, minibar stocked with water, juice and cans of fizzy drinks. This was restocked daily, as was anything used for the hot drinks.
There is a safe that is free to use in the wardrobe, (set your own PIN), my wife tells me that the hairdryer in the bathroom was also good.

A deluxe room also gets you one bag of laundry washed, ironed and folded per week aswell as admission to the executive lounge and use of the sky pool.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but you book the a la carte restaurants via an interactive menu on your tv.

POOLS / GROUNDS

As many people have commented previously the gardens are immaculately kept. There are two main pools and two smaller ones (almost kids size). We tended to stay around the saltwater pool towards the beach bar end, mainly for two reasons; you can pickup a decent wifi signal there from the pool bar and also this is were you got the most amount of sunshine before the sun set behind the hotel. I know that the hotel prides itself on service etc but for me having one of the pool staff escort you every day to your chosen loungers with your towels was a little awkward I appreciate some people will like this but I don't need anyone to carry towels for me. The pools were kept very clean, the loungers around the pools all had thick comfy mattresses on them and there was always plenty of availability. The waiter around the saltwater pool "MELAD" worked his socks off all day in such intense heat.

RESTAURANTS

We did visit all three of the a la carte restaurants, the Italian was our favourite closely followed by the fish (Ossiana) and then the Chinese. The main buffet restaurant (Turquoise) always offered a wide variety of choice and what I ate over the course of the two weeks was always very tasty. It seems strange to say this when holidaying in such a hot country but I did enjoy the Beef Wellington, Chicken Pie and Lamb pie. The menu in this restaurant seems to be on a weekly rota so if there is something you wanted previously it will come around the following week. Look out for the Egyptian night, I found this food to be some of the best we had eaten over the holiday. I had read much about the weekly " GALA DINNER" on a Thursday before we travelled but for me it was nothing special really just a slightly upgraded buffet, on this night the a la cartes are closed so it does get very busy. For the two weeks we stayed it had been moved indoors after negative comments from other guests.

GENERAL OBSERVATIONS

There is plenty of alcohol gel dispensers situated outside the restaurants for guests / staff to clean their hands with.

Other people have mentioned the WIFI was not very good, I thought it was actually quite good considering it was free. Just look in the evenings how many people are using smartphones and Ipads etc in the lobby and also managing to have video calls to home using Facetime.
You could get WIFI in the lobby, long bar and also beach bar.

The staff are what make this hotel stand out I feel, everyone from gardeners right the way up to the management always greeted you with a smile and could genuinely not do enough to make you stay as comfortable and stress free as possible. It was always nice to see the management walking around the hotel both day and night interacting with the guests asking if there was anything wrong etc etc. Unfortunately I did hear on a couple of occasions one or two people complaining about absolutely trivial things just for the hell of it. One woman moaning because she was seated in the restaurant and she had to wait a few minutes until she was given any water!!! I mean come on these guys are busy, moan if you don't get a drink at all but give them a chance.

On one night we were dining in the Italian restaurant but my wife was dissapointed that she was missing Sushi being served in the main restaurant. We mentioned this to a lovely Dutch couple we met who must have then told one of the waiters. By complete surprise a dish full of Sushi was delivered to us by the Food and Beverage manager IBRAHAIM. It's little things like this that really do make you feel good about the hotel.

Say hello to ROMANY, the bar manager of the Long Bar and also look out for the night duty manager MOAMAN, such a funny articulate man.

The only negatives I have were the 3 or 4 nights that there was a powercut for over an hour, also there was one day when there was no water between 10 am and 7pm, however this was to clean the pipes and only happens every six months. It was a slight inconvenience but the hotel did inform us in advance and there was PLENTY of sealed bottled water for hand washing etc

So the question is would we return? I think for 1 week, probably YES, at the moment the hotel is a little isolated, they do a shuttle bus to Hurghada a couple of times a day which I strongly recommmend using as we did. Although we got a taxi back which we got badly conned and I thought at one point it was going to get nasty but thats something for the forums.

Room Tip: Room 1534, Deluxe room, lovely views of both pool and sea.
5  Thank Flint62

Dear guests,
We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA. We are pleased to read that both of you have been very impressed with our standards and our services.
It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to Sahl Hasheesh.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We enjoyed our holliday very much. It was our 3rd visit to this Hotel.
A very good hotel and what we like the most is ; no kids. Nice and quiet, good food and drinks.
Our special thanks to Melanie who arranged our airport transfer and stay perfectly.
We had some very nice dinners in the Italian restaurant with our friend Hafez and the meals were very fine again. The service was good but they have to make sure that the service overall stays at the same level, it droppes sometimes. Then there is service at the pool and sometimes there is no service. Some days you get fruit at the pool and some days you don't.
The only thing we did not like very much was the entertainment. It was very English orientated and still the same as last year. Even the quiz had the same questions. The music entertainment in the evening was like last year the same kind of music all over. For the repeaters in this hotel it would be nice to have some change.
This is no complain, but I hope though this the hotel takes interests in these things.
Still we very much love this hotel and had a wonderfull holiday and we will come back next year.

2  Thank R-Vledder

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for having posted already your third review on tripadvisor. It makes us proud and happy that we were still able during your third visit with us to provide you with a good service. Thank you very much for bringing to my attention that the fruits were not served daily around the pool - I will make sure that this is done on daily basis all over the pool area again. I am sorry that the entertainment has been disappointing for already for the second year. The entertainment is mostly organized from one of the major travel agents, not from the hotel itself. But we will do our utmost to look for further ways and possibilities to make the entertainment enjoyable for all guests and nationalities.
The entire team looks already very much forward to welcome you back next year.