“Exceeded expectations!!!”

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
Ranked #2 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Just got back from a week at PLR. Had high expectations based on the forum and reviews. We were not let down and have to say what a fantastic place this is!!!

Transfer took approx 35 mins from airport. Check in was painless and luggage arrived at the room within 5mins of picking up our room card.

We got to the hotel at about 21.00pm and Thomsons/hotel had arranged for
dinner to be available in the main restaurant until 01.00am so no rush after getting to room.

Room was lovely. Modern and very comfortable. Huge bed and bathroom. Plugs were international so didn't need adaptors. Housekeeping were excellent.

We were considering upgrading to a deluxe on arrival, but we were more than happy with what we had.

Restaurants and food were brilliant. No tummy upsets!! Plenty of space and lots of choice in the main Turqoise restaurant. Tried the Italian and Seafood restaurants which were equally as good.

Executive Lounge was open to all guests between 16.00 and 18.00 for afternoon tea...my wife especially enjoyed the mini-rolls!!

Grounds were kept immaculate. Pools were lovely as was the beach area. Can be a bit windy on the beach as it is more exposed.

Snorkelling was good fun, saw a variety of fish especially when the water was calm.
Coral shoes are free but mask/snorkel extra charge. With hindsight, we would have probably been better off buying some from the hotel shop or I believe they are available for purchase from the reps.

My wife had a massage at the spa, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

Used the bikes(extra charge); they were ok but need updating.

Worth staying indoors when they are fogging (doesn't take long)...we were out once and
that was the only time we were bitten!!

We enjoyed the laid back music provided by Nick outside in the evenings. (Long Bar was a bit smokey, so we preferred to be outside).

Must also mention the effort the staff went to on the Gala night (Thursdays)...the transformation was amazing.

Thomsons/hotel had also arranged for lunch to be provided on day of checkout and 'All-Inc' continued until we departed at 17.30, which was one less thing to worry about.

The staff....brilliant. Made you feel like royalty and should be commended!!!
All were polite and attentive. Special mention to the pool and beach team, especially Carlos, Ahmed (Main pool guy) and Ahmed (pool bar). And of course Mr Fouquet and his magic phone!!!

Would also like to mention that Rachel and Amy (based at PLR) are a credit to Thomsons....helpful, polite and smiley!!

We met lovely people, some first timers likes us and others who had already stayed at PLR and returned, and we can understand why.

We would not hesitate in going back.

K[Travolta :)]&N

6  Thank KPandNP
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to publish such a wonderful and detailed review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are grateful to receive your comments and suggestions. We are in progess of maintaining all our bicycles. Thank you once more for your support and lovely comments; it is always a pleasure to pass along such delightful feedback. On behalf of myself and our entire team we hope to welcome you back once more to live the dream in our Premier Le Reve hotel.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

2nd time at this resort as said by previous feedback you would be pushed to find a better hotel offering this service for the money.
Staff are so helpful,
Rooms are fantastic
Carlos (alrite mate) can't do enough for you.
You're want to return as it's first class in every manner in all aspects. A totally relaxing break. Resort is being developed but you are oblivious to the surrounding unless you venture out. .

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view room if you can
1  Thank mickybartez

Dear guests,

Thanks a lot for your posting on tripadvisor. Once more we would like to seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing our Premier Le Reve already for the second time for your vacation.
Therefore we are already looking forward to welcome you soon for the third time to provide you with another superb stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Our last all inclusive was to Sandals in 2007 and that almost put us off all inclusive for life. However we read all the positive reviews, love Egypt and decided to give it a try. Can I suggest that the management of Sandals come and see how a luxury all inclusive resort should be run? It offers phenomenal value for money; a shorter flight and you can get two weeks at Le Reve for the price of one week at Sandals and everything is better!
It’s not perfect by any means and it certainly isn’t the best hotel in the world, probably not even Egypt – the Four Seasons as Sharm would take some beating. But, to get what we had at Le Reve at the Four Seasons would cost between £8,000 and £10,000 and our final bill was just over £2,000! This place is a real bargain and if it can get just one or two little things ironed out it will be the most amazing place to visit.
We arrived under the Premier status, the second week we were there it was rebranded a Couples hotel. I have to say week one was better than week two but week one we were one of about 80 and week two we were one of about 200 and the difference showed. The place was a lot more rowdy in week two, with many people (English as well as Russian) eating far more than they needed and drinking much too much. We hardly used the long bar in week two, that got very noisy and seemed full of hard drinkers and cigarette smokers.
Le Reve is quite a small hotel which from the outside looks a little like an American shopping mall. It was far smaller than I thought it would be. We had the welcome in the Executive Area, cold towels, drink and nibbles before heading off to the room. Passports and check in took all of two minutes. Why can’t all hotels work like that? Also no bracelets to wear! Sandals and others please take note, you don’t need colour coded bracelets at an all inclusive.
The room was large with a side sea view. The bed was as good as any hotel we have stayed in and this was crowned by a set of pillows that were superb. La Reve offers three different types of pillows, soft, firm and medical grade pillows. The room itself was well presented and stocked. The mini bar was full and the bathroom had a nice walk in shower and separate bath. Some people have questioned the quality of the toiletries on offer; I used them for two week and thought they were fine while my wife used all her stuff. However for a five star hotel I have to take issue at some of the detail. In the bedroom we had three sets of double plugs, one three pin and the other two pin. Only one of the three pins worked for the other two you needed a two pin adaptor and all the sockets were fitted off straight and they were distinctly shaky. Plus no socket near the mirror so Madam can only do her hair in the bathroom. Also while we had a very good aircon unit it was terribly noisy, especially at low level. In the bathroom there was a two pin adaptor on the side of the very good hairdryer that we thought was for electric razors; we could find no adaptor that could fit it so our electric toothbrush charged in the room. Then you had the clothes line that didn’t fit across the bath but by the side of the bath, so the water from your dripping smalls all went straight to the floor. The toilet and bidet were not sitting square in our bathroom which made using them interesting. Finally no turn down service at night unless you tipped your room boy during the day – then you got turn down and animals from towels etc. However while the room was spotless I did feel held to ransom a bit and in fact tipped the room people less that I would normally.
The food was amazing. The Italian is as good as people say and we had two superb meals. Carpaccio of beef was really good and bass with a lemon sauce perfect. We saved the fillet steak for the second visit and decided to splash out on a good bottle of red wine to go with it. I picked a bottle of South African Merlot which was £25 and money well spent. It was served at the correct temperature and was perfect with the beef. I think the Chinese restaurant gets unfairly panned; we had two good meals there and while not as good as the Italian it was perfectly acceptable. As was the fish restaurant, though try and eat inside if you can. The buffet was a revelation – this was five star food. I had a steak pie one night that would have cost you £20 in Simpsons and the best crème brule I have ever tasted, ever, even in France. Smoked salmon of good quality, very good curry nights and of course a great selection of breads. If La Reve can do it why can’t Sandals? I must mention the food hygiene which was outstanding. Each food station had a Chef there all the time, preventing contamination of hot and cold food. They all wore thick latex gloves which they removed if they left the station and put on a fresh pair when they got back. One Chef in each area had colour coded thermometers to check food temperature, which every buffet should do and few do. Result, no bad tummy troubles during our stay. Downside of food? Breakfast was a bit hit and miss and the beef bacon was the worst I have ever tasted. Only other downside is the weekly Gala dinner which is held every Thursday outside and no other restaurant is open so you have to go. The idea is they mix you up so you can make new friends. Fine in principal but why do it on Thursday with most western Europeans going home on Friday or Saturday? I think most of the Eastern Europeans arrived on Thursday and this is a hangover from that. If you have to do it, do it on a Saturday. Also you will be bitten if you eat outside! It’s inevitable – bright lights and food will attract the beasties.
One of the things that really impressed me was the drinks service. Remember this is an all inclusive and every time that a person has a drink it dents the hotel profit. Many all inclusive get round this by serving drinks in small glasses and not having any waiter service. Not at Le Reve! Proper drinks glasses and two waiters around the pool, lobby bar and long bar; the local spirits are fine and they do offer proper scotch (Grants when we there). I like the beer and while the rose was drinkable the white and red were typical Egyptian. By day two the bar staff knew your drinks and it was almost pored as you sat down, super service. I also liked the way they kept giving you water, not just on your sun lounges but in your room and at meals. It’s hot and you can dehydrate quickly.
I was impressed with the staff but not as much as I thought I would be. I agree that one or two could work in any five star hotel in the world. Carlos at the pool could be cheeky in six languages, but the interesting thing was how he quickly judged people and acted accordingly. An older couple were there in week two and Carlos and all the staff treated them not only with respect but also care. It was very nice to see and shows both good training and the kindness that exists in most Egyptians. I also had a problem with my IPod charging lead and someone from IT lent me his, this is very good service. However I was surprised at the quality of English of many of the staff, for a good number they were more comfortable with Russian. This did cause some problems, I asked for a particular whiskey one night and got another; I thought I had agreed some special things with guest relations and it didn’t happen. Minor points but interesting.
In terms of entertainment – it’s nonexistent. A belly dancer in the long bar on a Saturday and that is it apart from gala dinner night. Two pool tables and a full sized snooker table (less a pink ball) were used in week one but not week two. The smoke and rowdy atmosphere in week two were not to our taste so we stayed away. Free wifi in the lobby and Ethernet connection in your room, why don’t all hotels do this! Well done Le Reve. The lobby bar had terrible music, one night it was nursery rhymes – three blind mice and a G&T don’t go! The auto piano was removed and in week two it was in the main lobby when at 6.30 a tatty individual in flip flops would wander up and plink plonk on it for an hour. The music throughout the resort was awful, which is strange because they have spent a lot of money on the sound system, yet all we got was pan pipes, accordion music and plink plonk piano. 1230 every day was an accordion polka of yellow rose of Texas. However easy solution; as you look out to the sea from the hotel on the left side of the pool they don’t play music, so go sit there. Other good things I wish other hotels would do, lots of double sun lounges which is a great idea, especially when a lot of lounges have a towelling cover so you are not slipping about all the time. Cold towels and fresh fruit delivered to your lounger every day in week one – a bit more hit and miss in week two. Someone said they had a problem with flies; we didn’t see one in week one but a few did appear in week two, attracted no doubt by all the extra food and drink about.
Two things that I have not seen mentioned that surprised me. La Reve is on the flight path into the airport and every day you would get between 8 and 10 flights coming in over the hotel. It didn’t seem to happen at night just between 9 and 3. It didn’t bother us as most of the planes were still quite high. Next jelly fish; the day we arrived there were hundreds of the things on the shore line and for our entire stay we saw lots of the blighters. We were told they didn’t sting and when we went into the water we found they didn’t but it was an awful sensation and that kept us out of the sea. The stupid thing was that if the pier had been open you could have missed most of them. The prevailing wind drives the jellyfish onto the beach at La Reve so for the first 30 metres they are in crowds but once you get past the reef they are few and far between. We were told by hotel staff to go in to the sea to the left of the hotel, walk over the coral and then into the deep water. I have never been told to walk over coral before and even if it is dead it is a very bad thing to suggest. Also you need shoes to do that and even then you slip and every day we saw people being treated for grazes at the aid station. Plus getting out of shoes and into flippers is impossible – what do you do with your shoes? All of this could have been resolved if the pier had been open, we went along one day to have a look and were treated like naughty school children by a member of management. He said they hadn’t got a permit for use yet. I explained that was his problem not mine, my problem was that I wanted to snorkel without crossing coral or swimming in jellyfish. Swimming in the Red Sea is one of the reasons to come to Egypt and we missed it. If you don’t have the permits then don’t open the hotel or offer another way to get to the deep water and reef edge. This did spoil our holiday a bit and management need to come up with alternative strategies or get the permit sorted.
The only other thing that annoyed me was the Spa. They were charging London prices! £60 for a pedicure – you are having a laugh! The hotel calls itself Premier Le Reve Hotel and Spa, so the Spa should be a major part of the experience. The hotel will say the Spa is licensed to another company, to which I would say that is your problem not mine. I wanted a decent Spa, well priced and didn’t get it. If you don’t control it, don’t have it in your title. Also every day, sometimes twice a day people from the Spa would come out and try to sell you treatments and that by day three became a bit of a bore. I do not want to be hassled on holiday and if we said we didn’t want spa treatments please leave people alone. The sooner the hotel takes back the Spa and introduces suitable treatments and pricing policies the better.
All of this (apart from the pier) is minor stuff and wouldn’t even be noticed in most hotels. However La Reve get’s so much right it’s very sad that the detail can let it down in some areas. Will it spoil your holiday – no, but if you are there for two weeks it will start to annoy you.
As most people know La Reve is The Dream in French, and the hotel is very much a dream destination. Do come and see what proper all inclusive should be like. If you are under 50 you might find two weeks too much time but three or four days in Luxor and then a week at La Reve would be a perfect holiday. Would we go again? I think we would, but only after you get to the reef edge by using the pier – so that might be some time in the future.

5  Thank brighouse55

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed comment on Tripadvisor. Be sure that it is a real honor to be compared witht the sandals. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel, especially the check in progress, the buffet quality & choice as well as the bar service.
As we are constantly looking for ways to improve ourselves further I am delighted to inform you that the SPA is aware about your comment and they will have a look on their sales techniques. Our engineering team will re-check all adapters and the sound of the airconditions.
The day of the Gala Dinner is chosen on purpose as it is the last evening for the majority of our guests and we would like to create a very special last evening and exceptional experience before our guests travel home.

We hope to welcome you soon again here in Sahl Hasheesh.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

OMG! If you could wish for a perfect holiday this would be it. From start to finish our holiday was a dream come true. The staff are absolutely fantastic and take such pride in their work. We did not need to lift a finger the whole time we were there, which made for a relaxing, enjoyable stay. Many thanks to Milad and Carlos for the endless supply of drinks around the pool and beach, accompanied by an egyptian/brummy accent which left us rolling about with laughter. The evening entertainment provided by Nick 'Moyles' Keen was amazing and the Beach Party and Gala Dinner was fantastic.
Not a bad word to say about our entire stay, so much so that we have booked to return next year already! Get those drinks lined up guys....

4  Thank Katifer_11

Dear guests,

Thank you for your pleasing comments which I have shared already with all the team members. Be sure that the drinks are ready as soo as you will be back.
We hope to welcome you soon once more in our amazing paradise.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

From checkin to checkout your every need will be catered to by the incredible staff in this hotel. Everything about this hotel is wonderful, the staff are friendly, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. Delux rooms are spacious, well equipped with a huge bathroom and beautiful view over the pools and sea. Others we spoke to described their standard rooms in the same manner and of the same size. The room was kept spotless during our stay and the mini bar was restocked everyday. If there is anything you need just pick up the phone in your room and it will be sorted, nothing is too much trouble here. Everywhere in this hotel is kept immaculately with the smallest of details taken care of. Duty managers in particular Fouquet, are constantly on hand to ensure your holiday is going well and are happy to discuss feedback and are eager to find out if you have any suggestions to improve the experience. We ate in the main Turquoise restaurant, the pool snack bar and the Itallian A La Carte. All provided an excellennt choice of food which was always fresh and plentifull and served to you by excellent waiters. Nageib and Saber were two who served us regularly and looked after our every need. If you go for a delux room you are entitled to a free bag of laundry per week so make sure you take up this service before you go home. My husband saw this in the hotel information sheets available in the room or restaurant. Amongst other things we sent out all my husbands shirts which came back on the same day all folded as requested and packed in individual plastic babs with card inserts and plastic collar supports just like when you buy a new shirt, we were amazed and I have had less to do on our return home.
The many pools and beach are kept exceptionally clean and there are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas to go around with large luxurious towels readily available for you. Carlos who is one of the pool waiters works tirelessly to ensure you have drinks etc when you want them and he always has time for a laugh a nd a joke. One thing to be aware of is that Sahl Hasheesh resort is very new and is still being developed so there is nothing to do outside of the hotel other than the organised trips or the free shuttle to Hurghada. This is a very restfull And beautiful hotel and I am not sure why you would want to leave it anyway so just book it and enjoy!

4  Thank BarbandBri
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear guests,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.
It is nice to know that you enjoyed the comfort of your Deluxe room, the houskeeping service, the laundry service as well as the food in all outlets.
It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you next time your travels bring you to Sahl Hasheesh.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Having followed comments for the last 3 months, it is only right that I now post my own. We arrived back yesterday having spent a week in Le Reve. This was our first break without the children to celebrate 10 years of marriage and were looking for somewhere that offered both relaxation and luxury. We were not disappointed!! From the welcome drink the minute you arrive, to the personal thanks from management the minute you leave, this hotel does all it can to help make your stay truly fabulous.

Carlos was very attentive as were all the staff, and when we had one small niggle with our room we had 2 maintenance chaps at our door within 10 minutes; you'd be lucky to get the same day at other hotels.

The choice of food was very good and we found the best evening in terms of both food and entertainment was the "Egyptian Night".

Whilst others just wanted to completely relax (which I fully respect - including my wife) I enjoy sport and thankfully the hotel organised daily games, including water polo, table tennis and volleyball which helped to brake up the days up for those who wanted to get people invovled.

During our stay we did try the spa and whilst it was not cheap (echoing the comments of others) if you choose to splash out you won't be disappointed.

We would definately recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Stayed in 2502, brilliant delux room with sea view
1  Thank AlanC555

Dear guests,

We are delighted to gather from your review that you have spent a pleasant and enjoyable vacation in our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA. I am really glad that you had a fabulous holiday experience in our hotel. I have passed on your positive feedback to the team members and on behalf of all of them we would like to thank you once more for having chosen our Premier Le Reve for your holiday destinations.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Returned last week and we're still feeling the benefits. From arrival at the hotel to the departure lounge in hurghada, we fealt thoroughly looked after. Thomson we're very professional and Rachel the rep was super - a real credit to her company.

I wish to make a few staff mentions who really excelled beyond just good service. Carlos the pool waiter waiter was fun, friendly and worked tirelessly.

Sam the spa sales guy made us laugh everyday and convinced us to spend a fair amount of money in there. We were so glad we did. All massages were of a high quality but my thai massage from my Momamita was unforgettable. Sana was also superb according to my better half. Abdul got us playing either volleyball or pool polo nearly everyday if Carlos hadn't brought us too many cocktails!! The big man who looked after the pool area was my wifes favourite who fixed her toe after a volleyball/cocktail incident!!??? And they're all the names I can remember but there were so many others.

If you want to relax by the pool for a week with great service, terrific food, nice drinks and a 5 star room, you probably can't do any better than this hotel for the cost so close to home.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank hungryfijian
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

Dear guests,

Many thanks for your posted review. On behalf of all the team of our Premier Le Reve Hotel & SPA we would like to seize the opportunity to thank you once more for having been our guests.
It is really nice to read all your wonderful comments about the team members.
It was our pleasure to welcome you and we are looking forward to welcome you soon once more in our Premier Le Reve.