Just got back from a week at PLR. Had high expectations based on the forum and reviews. We were not let down and have to say what a fantastic place this is!!!
Transfer took approx 35 mins from airport. Check in was painless and luggage arrived at the room within 5mins of picking up our room card.
We got to the hotel at about 21.00pm and Thomsons/hotel had arranged for
dinner to be available in the main restaurant until 01.00am so no rush after getting to room.
Room was lovely. Modern and very comfortable. Huge bed and bathroom. Plugs were international so didn't need adaptors. Housekeeping were excellent.
We were considering upgrading to a deluxe on arrival, but we were more than happy with what we had.
Restaurants and food were brilliant. No tummy upsets!! Plenty of space and lots of choice in the main Turqoise restaurant. Tried the Italian and Seafood restaurants which were equally as good.
Executive Lounge was open to all guests between 16.00 and 18.00 for afternoon tea...my wife especially enjoyed the mini-rolls!!
Grounds were kept immaculate. Pools were lovely as was the beach area. Can be a bit windy on the beach as it is more exposed.
Snorkelling was good fun, saw a variety of fish especially when the water was calm.
Coral shoes are free but mask/snorkel extra charge. With hindsight, we would have probably been better off buying some from the hotel shop or I believe they are available for purchase from the reps.
My wife had a massage at the spa, which she thoroughly enjoyed.
Used the bikes(extra charge); they were ok but need updating.
Worth staying indoors when they are fogging (doesn't take long)...we were out once and
that was the only time we were bitten!!
We enjoyed the laid back music provided by Nick outside in the evenings. (Long Bar was a bit smokey, so we preferred to be outside).
Must also mention the effort the staff went to on the Gala night (Thursdays)...the transformation was amazing.
Thomsons/hotel had also arranged for lunch to be provided on day of checkout and 'All-Inc' continued until we departed at 17.30, which was one less thing to worry about.
The staff....brilliant. Made you feel like royalty and should be commended!!!
All were polite and attentive. Special mention to the pool and beach team, especially Carlos, Ahmed (Main pool guy) and Ahmed (pool bar). And of course Mr Fouquet and his magic phone!!!
Would also like to mention that Rachel and Amy (based at PLR) are a credit to Thomsons....helpful, polite and smiley!!
We met lovely people, some first timers likes us and others who had already stayed at PLR and returned, and we can understand why.
We would not hesitate in going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in extensive landscaped grounds, this luxury hotel leads you from pool to beach to sea in one beautiful vista. With Sensimar Premier's unique Ultra All Inclusive standards, you can dine in one of seven different restaurants, enjoy a relaxing drink in numerous bars or swim and play in a choice of pools or on the private beach. Each evening entertainment is offered or spend some quality time in the hotel's spa facilities. This is affordable luxury in a superb Red Sea setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Le Reve Hotel Hurghada
- Premier Le Reve Hotel And Spa