“Great place shame about the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Albatros Aqua Park

Albatros Aqua Park
Ranked #17 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
stafford
“Great place shame about the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

We were a family of 6, children rangeing for 8 upto 14..First impressions were lovely hotel very friendly staff, but why are all the people sitting in the lobby playing cards, it wasn't long before we disscovered it was the lack of evening entertainment. Great if you were german or French but not English...Kids clubs mostly catered for Germans. The hotel it self was fantastic very clean and very spaceious plenty of sunbeds and if you couldn't find one the pool man was always happy to help. The food was very repetative it was always rice, beef, fish and sauted veg, outside they had chicken, liver sometimes burgers. Turn right out of hotel and walk for about 50 minutes to the senzo mall and you can get macdonalds but if you dont want to walk you can get this delivered... The floor around the pool is very slippy becareful..Dinner time go to the Aqua blu for pizza its gorgeous..the beach is great if you go snorkelling you can see loads of fish you dont need to catch the bus its just across the road and through the other hotel 2 mins away.We enjoyed the seascope trip and we also did over night to Luxor that was fantastic and worth every penny..Although we had food issues and entertainment issues it was a great holiday and we really enjoyed it...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank thefab6

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
cambridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

The gardens were kept really nice, but they did smell of sewage badly.

The food was awful I wouldn't rate it 2*.
The pool side buffet was either liver in a dried roll or bag cuts of chicken in a dried roll and chips, one day when I looked at the chicken my little boy was about to eat I was nearly sick, I had to take it away from him.
Any of the restaurant staff were miserable, unhelpful and they couldn't understand much english.
If you were lucky enough to have any nice meats in the main restaurant, they were rashened
The high chairs were dirty, actually filthy! No straps on them completely unsafe for a baby of nearly one.
The drinks machines kept breaking every day, we were offered bottles of fizzy pop which was not even refridgerated in the first place, then it was left on the bar in the sun, so you can imagine how unpleasant it was to drink, also the size of the queues this caused. Only when we actually complained to the manager did they chill the bottles and keep them in ice buckets on the bar. (Bear in mind none of the drinks machines were actually working for nearly 3 days, as apparently Coca Cola had ran out of syrups the machines need, if you can believe that!!!!
Dare you to ask for 2 pizza's in the Italian restaurant! Most inconvient when you are there with a young family that you have to all go up individually to get one.
HOT TIP IF YOU COMPLAIN YOU MIGHT BE ALLOWED TO EAT AT THE AQUA VISTA HOTEL LIKE WE WERE AND THE FOOD THERE WAS REALLY NICE
The rooms were dirty, bathroom was filthy, the shower curtain didn't fit the tray so the bathroom flooded every night. The shower had all mildew and mould all over the tiles.
The rooms were very basic and had a lot of making good issues around the door frames and skirting boards. The air conditioning was quite good though.
The cot I was provided with for my 11 month old baby was actually a crib and very unsafe for a baby of this age, he would fall out if left there when he was awake. I asked for a cot that was lower but I returned to my room to find that they had just turned the cot upside down, so the sawn timber was nicely the new edging for my baby to get some splinters. He would still fall out of this only suppose it wouldn't be as far! After a few days all the hindges fell out so they had to come and fix it and it was turned back the correct way. I just had to put up with this for the rest of our holiday.
Whilst we were there some friends we made actually had raw sewage come up through the bathroom and flooded their room.
The bar staff were ok and the pool guy was nice he always got our sunbeds for us and they did always find anyone a sunbed (obviously for a tip)
We were towel card short at the end of our holiday as the pool attendant muddled our cards, when we checked out they wanted to charge us £5 which on principle I didn't want to pay seeings as I had tolerated such a load of [-] for 2 weeks, but the general manager was an awful man and we were not allowed to check out unless we paid, they would have involved the police. They have never been to any european hotel and it shows that they have no idea what is expected of a 4* hotel, for a sake of £5 they would rather you leave their hotel with a bad opinion of them. Unbelievable.
Usually I have a tear in my eye when my holiday is finished, I just couldn't wait to get on the plane this year, I would not go back to this hotel if I was paid 10 thousand pounds!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GO THERE. I am not usually someone who complains a lot and I am not exaggerating.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank debdob1234
coventry uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Nice hotel clean and tidy waiters and most polite and friendly but the Animation team what a complete waste of time if your British they just do not want to know you unless they wanted to grab your young 14 year old by the throat and threaten him just because he refused to go to a night club which obviously they get comission from. Food was ok mostly aimed at the Germans and Polish one night it was just inedible but most of the time it was ok. Chinese was lovely, Italian was ok but hardly Italian cuisiene. pools were lovely and cleaned every night. Don't think i would go back to the Albertros Gardens but would definatly go back to Hurghada.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank mickmc60
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

Having read many bad reviews about the hotel I have to admit I was a Little worried about what we had booked, Unlike the people who left the bad reviews I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
The Trasnfer to the Hotel is 15 - 20 mins which after spending 51/2 hours in a campt plane is plenty. The resort from the road is massive and very impressive.
i have to say we have never been anywhere as clean as this hotel and like wise all its sister hotels which you can use as part of the all inclusive package, the staff are very friendly and happy to help, they do not expect tips from you all of the time, there are boxes in both the restraurant and the reception area for these.You will see whilst there that the staff just do not stop working, we sat in the reception area one day and saw the floor cleaned twice in a period of 1/2 hour period the whole hotel is spotless.
There is pleanty of food to choose from, yes it tends to be the same sort of food just cooked differently but it is good and hot, it is a hotel that caters for English Russian German French and Polish holiday makers so expect mixed food, it is not all german based, as per what someone else has stated.
The beach is across road a short walk through the Beach Albatros Hotel grounds, yes you do have to cross a dual carriage way, but treachous it is not, therfe are speed bumps on this road near the hotel and unlike drivers in this country they do not see them as speed jumps, thus giving you the time to cross the road safely, the walk takes 5 - 10 mins max, yes there is a bus but it is alot quicker to walk. The beach is plenty big enough to cater for all and it never takes long to find an unoccupied bed, the beach is clean along with the sea and the beach bar near the toliets does fantastic pizza for lunch which belong to the hotel so is incoprorated in the all inclusive package.
Both my husband and myself very much enjoyed this resort and we geniunely had no gripes about it and cant wait to be able to go back next year and definatly recommend the Albatros Hotels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
10 Thank davejayne2010
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

After reading some not so good reviews, we were a bit apprehensive but went to Hurghada, Albatros Garden with an open mind.

I am 21 years old and my boyfriend is 23, and we had the best holiday we have ever had!

We travelled with Thomson who were absolutely fantastic, and the hotel is brilliant and fantastic value for money.
The gardens are beautiful and they NEVER stop cleaning - we even got up at 4am to go on an excursion and there was someone STILL cleaning outside. Amazing.

The food, obviously as you would expect, isn't as great as you'd get at hotel - BUT it is exactly how you would expect a hotel food to be abroad. Great choice, pasta, vegetables, plenty of salad, a different bbq every night (chicken, fish etc etc) they even did gorgeous kebabs one night and burgers!
There is a snack bar at the poolside which does chips and burgers/sandwiches every lunch time (a kind of buffet) if you can't be bothered to go to the restaurant - and there is a fab pizza corner in the Aqua Blu next door which is delicious!

The entertainment is very mild, as advertised, but to be honest we did so many excursions we spent most of our holiday knackered in the evenings and just sleeping which was fine!

I would recommend Cairo (the 6hr coach journey really isn't as bad as you thought it would be!!), Luxor, Sand Buggies, Trip to Mahmya Bay and the Stars & Dinner.

Egypt is a very hot country, obviously, there were many people (BRITISH, typically!!!) moaning about how hot it was, esp on the trips but the trick is just to drink LOADS and LOADS of water - we were drinking 8 or 9 bottles a day.

The alcohol here, is disgusting, not going to lie. We spent our first night trying rum / vodka / beer / cocktails - but didn't like any of it! We spent the holiday on water - but that was okay, didn't ruin it at all.

People say the brits are in the miniority here - and they're right, we were always surrounded by Germans / Russians etc etc. But it was okay! We didn't go on holiday to make millions of friends - we went to have a good time, and it definately was the best!!

Would I recommend this hotel - most definately, fantastic place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank rubberducky88
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I've been to this hotel 3 times now nd find it great for families. I have been back 3 times because my kids insist on going annually. I feel the reviews of this hotel is crazy. Nd I think the people that are slating it have obviously gotten this hotel mixed up. Food is fine u have a very wide selection of salads, pastas, meat, vegtables, cheeses aswell as the typical Brit food. Pizza, fries burgers etc nd the desserts r to die for. I'm a fussy eater nd I never went hungry as for the hotel itself it's a definite 4 star nd the staff r all amazing nd can't do enough for you. I feel it has been very unfairly reviewed nd feel the ppl who have written the harsh reviews would find something to complain about in the hilton.

• Stayed June 2010
8 Thank Bernilou
Bourne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

not for the brits! food is mainly for germans entertainment is again for germans!our son went kids club open 3 hrs a day once was only brit in it and staff spoke limted english ..shops around resort dont have prices u have to ask they give u silly prices ..went out on desert trip not first choice good value ..this is a holiday for sunbathing and losin weight never again!! im not fussy but the food if all caterered for germans !the beach is 15 mins in a shuttle not 5 as advertised ..one rep for the whole of first choice hardly there either..i always book with 1st choice was dissapointed ..NO PAYPHONES u can use there one at £2 a min also internet is £4 for 15 mins thats in our £'s!basically its money money from them ...take no coins to pay ur entry visa they dont accept them ..dont take water of the bus driver he gives u it and charges u 2pound !our room was a family room 2 single beds together and my son directly next to me ...a fridge is out the ark! but cleaners in and are good althugh sometimes not finished til 5pm..one kids channel in your room its bible tv but my son liked it ! take ur drinks bottle as they give u small plastic cups one mouthful and its gone!would prob book a holiday village next time as this really only does have a handful of brits

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family