“First time in Egypt fantastic!!! Will be returning!!”
Review of Jaz Aquamarine

Jaz Aquamarine
Ranked #34 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Dartford, United Kingdom
“First time in Egypt fantastic!!! Will be returning!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just got back from this resort had a fantastic week!! Weather was beautiful 35 to 37 degrees!!! This is a lovley hotel spotlessly clean! Staff were fantastic! Food was good alacarte resterants very nice seafood and Asian excellent could not praise whaler our bar man enough animation team Manda and Elena !!! And of course Yosef in the main buffet had our table ready every morning laid with beautiful flowers!!! They really looked after us thanks guys!! (Hope I spelt your names right!) I travelled with my two daughters 15 16 brother and sister inlaw and there mum who's 81 so a mix of ages! To be honest never fancied Egypt before taking teenage girls I was bit worried but it was fine waiters where friendly always not not over the top I was quite happy for my girls to wander off to the lobby little shops ect no problem I will defenatly recommend this resort yourll have a great holiday take some pound coins to tip you will be well appreciated !! I would just like to add if you can afford to book the bigger seats as the plane is so cramped as for tummy trouble one of my girls had it for one day but be honest it's more to do with the heat I think so I modem tabs just in case hope this has been helpful to anyone looking to book here it was recommended to me and I was very happy did not leave resort we were quite happy to chill out and relax so can't make any comments on trips ect!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Olive T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were two woman wanting to chill for a week.... having read previously how empty the hotel was we thought ideal... but no, when we arrived it was 90% full and think 75% were children, consequently lots of screaming, shouting and crying!!! Arrived on Monday and by Thursday couldn't be 2 minutes from our room as we both had serious stomach problems like I have never had before even eating in the back waters of India and first time I have come home weighing less !!! not a good sign as we lived on rolls and coke. Also everyone was complaining of the mosquitos, got bitten alive, they did start spraying the resort in the evening but the rooms should have been done. All in all a nice break weather was good pools lovely definitely a hotel to take the family so wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Away from the main buildings
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
AquamarineGM, General Manager at Jaz Aquamarine, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. We are committed to delivering a pleasant holiday experience for each and every guest. I do apologize that we didn't accomplish this for you and we welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. With regards to your comments we would like to respond as follows:
Firstly we are advertised in the Thomson and First Choice brochures as a family hotel and as a newly qualified “Splash” hotel we naturally attract a lot of children with our aqua-parks. Unfortunately you also chose to travel to our hotel during the Easter holidays which coincided with school holidays in all countries this particular year.
With regards to your upset stomach, you did mention this Guest Relations during your stay but chose not to visit a pharmacy or clinic to alleviate the symptoms. Unfortunately drinking carbonized drinks may also have exasperated the problem as drinking fizzy drinks is not recommended as they do not rehydrate the body, which may lead to further dehydration, causing further stomach problems, including severe cramps and diarrhea.
We can assure you that the premises are sprayed every night for mosquitoes and electric plug-ins are available on request.
We do so hope that you will visit us again, although perhaps outside of school holidays, so we may have the opportunity to create a wonderful holiday experience for you.
Besr Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Travelled with a friend here for some sun. Food was ok but got an 'Egyptian tummy' staff made us both feel uncomfortable and scared to leave the complex! I think it's ok if you're on a family or couples holiday but we were two female friends together which made us quite vulnerable. Didn't enjoy holidaying in hurghada and has put me off Egypt for the future.

Room Tip: Don't go if all female group
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natd129
Dear Guest,

We are unsure as to why you felt uncomfortable and scared to leave the complex. Although your visit did coincide with the “troubles” in Egypt, we can assure you that your health and safety was never at risk. The Egyptian people are extremely warm and welcoming and the tourist industry is vital to the continued success of this beautiful country and her people. Here in Hurghada, the health and safety of all visitors remains the number one priority of all residents, no matter what the political situation may be.
We do so hope that you will visit us again so we may have the opportunity to demonstrate the warm and friendly hospitality of the Egyptian people.

Best Regards
norfolk u.k
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and i stayed here about two years ago when it was still called 'the iberotel aquamarine resort'! It was our first stay in egypt and other than the beach/sea being a bit 'grubby-looking', we were amazed at what we got for the money! It is a huge complex with over a thousand rooms, yet, they still managed to make us feel like we were the only ones there! The place was always being cleaned and always staff about. Can't really think of a single thing that we would complain about? Overall, not perfect, but excellent for the money! :)

Room Tip: Think that most rooms are very good, but swim-ups available for extra luxury!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank robin b
Dear Guest,

My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. We are committed to delivering a pleasant holiday experience for each and every guest. We are delighted that you chose us for your first stay in Egypt and hope that this will be the first of many visits to this beautiful country, and hopefully to us. You mention that you could not find anything to complain about but it was not perfect. Any suggestions for improving and developing our service are always very much appreciated, so if you would like to contact me direct to highlight how we could improve the imperfections I would be very grateful. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our stunning hotel at some time in the future.

Best Regards
Lichfield
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We (husband and 13 year old daughter) had a week at Jaz Aquamarine in April. I must say I was a little reluctant to go to Eygpt but my fears were quickly allayed. We felt safe from start to finish. The transfer to and from the hotel was quick and efficient. Allocation to the room was speedy and the room was great with everything we needed. Pools and slides are fab, as are pool and beach bars. All food thought the week was excellent and no Eygpt tummy for any of the 3 of us. The weather was perfect. The best bits were no fighting for a sun bed, loads of pools, brill food, staff who just can't do enough for you and afternoon tea!!!!! A good value relaxing holiday. We thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014
9 Thank Stephanie R
Dear Stephanie R,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your wonderful and praise and recommendation. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our stunning hotel at some time in the future.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from Jaz Aquamarine. The hotel is very clean, check in was quick and painless. Lovely room 3028 . Cleaned well and towel art was stunning. Pools were kept very clean but the floors were very slippery when wet be careful. Bar drinks were drinkable and again we always had good service. The down side to the hotel is the food ? Yes there is plenty but it is bland and repetitive , everything tasted the same.salad bar was always empty. It was the first time I never attacked the sweets as they just did not appeal to us. The pool snack bar , the pizza was ok but DONOT ask to eat it outside. Hotel rule no food outside the snack bar only inside . This was disappointing as we wanted to eat in the sun. The hotel lacks tables and chairs to eat outside you are only aloud to eat inside ummm, this rule needs changing . Overall the staff are attentive and friendly and we did not find them pushey with tipping which does make a refreshing change. would we return only is the food is improved.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank colinjane_10
Dear colinjane_10 ,
We are sorry that you found the food repetitive and bland, but our food scores with Thomson/First Choice are consistently above the target percentage. At the Welcome Meeting you are advised to contact the rep, Guest Relations or Chef if you feel that something is missing from our buffet. Upon request our chef would be delighted to prepare something especially for you.
We do so hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel so that we may create a wonderful holiday experience for you.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Looks beautiful, but.......
I have never been to a place where so many people get injured, the floors are nearly all tiled, with little lips that people tripped or slipped on, frightening just walking about.

Beds lovely and comfy but pillows terrible.
Room ok but disappointing, did not have a luxury feel of a 5star.

Food very disappointing, especially the al acart restaurants,butdid enjoy the beach bar for snacks and choice of nice bars around the complex.

Choice of pools fantastic, but seafront not good. Hardly any sand , just gritty and sea goes out a very long way. Not great for snorkeling.

On our first day a member of staff, folded an extra towel up for a pillow on my sun bed, ahhh lovely and comfortable. On second day he did it again, then oh dear Tracey from customer services came to us and said there had been complaints that we had more towels than we should, and that people take them home in there suitcase!!! She asked our room number and we were made to feel very uncomfortable. If that is your job in the hotel you are very bad at it. That issue should never of been brought to our attention she should of dealt with it in house. Very unhappy.

Room Tip: We booked a double room, but on arrival were placed in a family room. They said they do not have dou...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple