“Wonderful hotel, relaxing break, highly recommended”
Review of Jaz Aquamarine

Jaz Aquamarine
Ranked #30 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I returned from my holiday here just yesterday and was so impressed I feel compelled to write this review so promptly.

I holidayed at this hotel for a week with my friend for a relaxing break to celebrate my 30th birthday and I was not disappointed! Upon arrival, we were greeted in the lobby bar with a welcome drink and cold face cloth, and our first impression of the beautiful surroundings was that the photographs did not do justice to this luxurious resort. We were escorted to our rooms within a few minutes and the speedy check in really enabled us to settle in and begin to unwind with immediate effect.

The hotel itself exceeded our expectations in every sense. The service was impeccable, the entire hotel was immaculate and the food was exceptional. I have been to many alleged five star hotels around the world and this was certainly one of the best. For example, I stayed at a Thompson sensatori resort last year which was no comparison to the jaz aquamarine. I feel the attentive service from the staff and attention to detail really makes a difference. For instance, the cleaner of our room went the extra mile in ensuring our room was perfectly presented each day and leaving flower petals on our bed, making various animals from our towels etc. we also received a personal service from the reception staff, whilst we waited in the lobby area for our tour guide one afternoon, the staff came and presented us with a packed lunch they had prepared for us to take on our trip. I could go on and on with a list of examples!

My only disappointment was with a few members of staff. As we were two young women travelling without partners, we sadly did experience some inappropriate behaviour from some of the male staff, requesting to take us out of the hotel for drinks in quite a forceful manner and making comments which actually made us feel somewhat uncomfortable. I feel this is something that needs to be addressed, however, I must emphasise that this was a minority and most of the hotel staff were very professional at all times, therefore this one issue was only a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.

We booked into the spa on our last day for a chocolate body wrap and full body massage which was wonderful and I would thoroughly recommend the treatment. The communal spa area and treatment rooms could do with being warmer to really enable relaxation as the temperature is simply too cold, and it would be a good idea for the spa to offer disposable flip flops to guests as the floor gets quite slippery, but this is clearly a small suggestion that could be actioned with ease.

Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay here and will almost certainly return. The hotel has something for everyone and I would love to take the children with me next time as it would be the perfect family resort. I would recommend this hotel to other holidaymakers without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Samantha K
AquamarineGM, General Manager at Jaz Aquamarine, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Aquamarine to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.
We do apologise that you encountered some problems with a few members of staff and we also find this to be a big disappointment. This sort of behavior will simply not tolerated, so I would be grateful if you could e-mail me personally with names and we will ensure that the appropriate action is taken.
We do hope that you will return to our beautiful hotel again so that we may have the opportunity of creating the perfect holiday experience for you.

Hany Gamal Eldin
Hurghada Area Manager.
Jaz Aquamarine Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (6,845)

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Having endured the airport and the transfer passing various inferior looking hotels you arrive at a rather impressive place reached via a long drive and security under-vehicle mirrors and metal barriers. To the uninitiated it is a little unnerving.
Encouraged by the promise of good weather and faced with a visage of luxury and pampering the holiday rep boards the coach and gives instructions on how to book in to the hotel at such a fast pace that the only instruction that sticks is 'not to give your passport to anyone'.
We look at each other and wonder if we have made a mistake.
The hotel is clean and beautifully equipped. The staff are warm and welcoming. Booking in is easy and although our room key did not work the desk staff quickly remedied this.
The apartment was clean and well furnished. The basin in the bathroom had a jammed plug so was not usable (had to empty toothbrush water into toilet etc) and despite requests had to wait over a day to fix.)
The hotel pools, beach, bars, restaurants and all services were excellent. Expect to be disturbed at least every few minutes whilst trying to relax by vendors of manicures, snorkelling, massage etc which is irritating and wearing. Take plenty of change to tip for there are many open palms and expect many requests to change the £1 coins into notes. It seems Egyptian Pounds are the least wanted.
If you leave the hotel for an excursion expect rubble, poor roads and an 'adventure'.
Being transported in Hurghada is an eye opener and an adventure, especially observing the driving and pedestrian habits. White knuckles.
A great week on holiday concludes with a final visit to Hurghada airport which is less welcoming outward. Go to the toilet before going to the departure gate as despite signs saying no tips it is not possible to get some toilet paper without paying the unofficial keeper of the roll and escape to the next outstretched palm. If this area seriously wants to attract more tourists it needs to try a lot harder and be much more welcoming. I feel for the resort staff though as they are the ones who will suffer despite their many efforts.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Shrimpy1
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Love this place a lot would go back right away something for everyone there everything is perfect. People are lovely and always help. Love the a la cart restaurants! Amazing place can't wait to go back! Wish I could be there right now!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank summersun101
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Superb stay. Excellent staff and service from before we even arrived with loads of assistance from Mr Hassan and his team and during our stay from everyone we met.
Hotel is stunning and very very clean. Probably the nicest beach hotel we have visited?food very enjoyable with different options for every meal?pools beautiful and maintained perfectly. Loved the view over them all when illuminated at night....amazing.

We will return later this year for sure and join the many regulars who seem to love this place

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie K
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I would recommend this hotel for everyone it was lovely and clean and everyone was polite and very helpful. The food was realy nice and something for everyone my husband cannot have gluton in his food and they showed him what he could eat they even made special meals for him and desserts. I would say for the wine lovers out there , bring your own as the wine was awfull and I couldn't drink it and it was £40 for a bottle of wine which I would not pay that much for. I would definitely go back there, and take my own wine next time.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fiona g
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Wonderful hotel, so clean and tidy. Excellent staff who bent over backwards to ensure we had a relaxing holiday. The bar staff remembered what we drank and the restaurant staff remembered how we liked our tea and coffee!! Excellent service from everyone including the Thomson rep. The buffet has very good food but often is cold as it caters for up to 1000 but the 4 individual speciality restaurants are small and the food is cooked to order. Talk to the chefs as they appreciate it. Fantastic kids entertainment but glad we didn't go during school holidays or when they get busy as it must be bedlam (We're passed that stage). Lovely pools that are kept clean and dry. Worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is near the main reception area if you don't want to walk too far.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

You've seen the rest of the reviews so now see this. What a fantastic experience. Buffet restaurant was really nice but when I looked for the normal everyday British breakfast apart from eggs of different sorts there obviously was no bacon as we Brits know there obviously wasn't any. There were chicken sausages. Breakfast cereals were available but cake corner?
Cleanliness was amazing everywhere. Everything has a place and everything in its place that seems to be the motto there.
Bedroom cleaning was fantastic as was the bed art of towels.
With four themed restaurants which we were able to use quite frequently because of the quietness of the hotel at this time but in busier times I understand you a restricted to your visits.
Room and pool towels are all supplied as one would expect. There are hair dryers available in the room. All toiletries are supplied.
Swimming pools and there are many of them. They range from heated to bath temperature for the little ones to some that are at least body temperature or thereabouts to unheated ones. There are so many.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone with or without children. We stayed within the confines of the hotel as we had done most of the trips before but there are a few trips at an extra price.
Wonderful staff throughout and the gardens are immaculate.
Would I go again? Yes I would. I was there 3rd February 2014 temperature then was about 26/27c, lovely.

Stayed: February 2014