“Great Experience at Jaz Aquamarine”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jaz Aquamarine

Jaz Aquamarine
Ranked #35 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great Experience at Jaz Aquamarine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our 1st time to Egypt and I can say that it was one of the best package holidays we have been on.
The hotel was spotless, constantly being cleaned and maintained (Grass being cut, flowers tended to etc.). The staff were the friendliest we have ever met, they could not do enough for you.....OK the cynical side of me thinks part of it was for the tips but hey what's a pound here and there if it means the sunbed is positioned, fresh towels put on and drinks are regularly offered (as part of the all inclusive). The guy who cleaned our room made different shapes out of the towels ...heart, elephant, peacock, a little man holding the TV remote, a snake....the room was large, clean, air conditioned. The balcony overlooked one of the 18 pools in the resort.

The main buffet style restaurant had a huge range of foods available, all freshly prepared with all drinks...soft drinks, tea, coffee, wines and beer on tap (Help yourself), there is 4 a la carte restaurants which you could book and visit on an evening ...Italian, Asian, Hungarian and Fish all of which offered a good service and great food.

Whilst we were there we indulged in the Spa and we (My wife and I) had his n hers Red sea salt scrub followed by massage with use of all the spa facilities...sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and little feet nibbling fish in tanks. We also used the beauty salon where I had a cut throat shave, my wife had a pedicure, again the staff could not do enough and even threw in threading on our eyebrows, a facial, tidied my neck hair and then to cap it all off they gave us a 2nd free of charge on the morning of depature!

The hotel was fairly quiet as not many people are travelling to Egypt after the issues last year but we went on 3 excursions (Desert experience, Mayanmar Island paradise & local shops) and found no issues whatsoever.

Overall I would not hesitate to go back to Egypt and the Jaz Aquamarine in particular!

10 Thank Jeff H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

wow best hotel i stay at can not wait still we go back, me my partner and 3 kids age 16,14,12 had a wonderful time, we went for 2 weeks we were there from the 30th till the 13th jan newyear eve gala dinner and show was great.place was spotless,food really good,staff was really helpful, and the cleaning staff were friendly like everyone at jaz aquamarine. we had towel art something different everyday, the boys enjoy the water park,we did tip the staff, they work so hard, but you dont have to.the animation staff was fab and got everyone doing something, and we enjoyed the shows in the evening, we will be going back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank tracy c
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this beautiful resort for one week on 3rd January, I booked it as a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday and we were both completely blown away with the quality of the whole hotel.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were upgraded to a superior room with a sea view, the rooms are very modern and very spacious and very well maintained, our cleaner Sayeed looked after us really well throughout our stay, including all the different towel art!
The rooms have really comfortable beds, very spacious bathrooms with separate shower and toilet.
The pools and surrounding areas are kept immaculate, the main pool bar is a wonderful place to sit and relax and enjoy the cocktails, tequila sunrise is a must.!
The beach is a perfect place to catch the sun and top up your tan, there are two water parks on the beach front and are excellent fun, plenty of good amenities for the younger kids too.
There are four speciality restaurants, Asian, Lebanonese, fish and Italian along with the buffet restaurant, topaz, supply plenty of variety of food for everyone.
The bars are well stocked and nothing is too much trouble for the waiters.
All in all this was a really enjoyable experience and cannot wait to return.
The hotel staff are a credit to the hotel and a little tip is certainly deserved.!
Mr Hussain has a great team at this resort should be commended for the way they work together.
Keep up the good work.!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kevin B
Shropshire England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I have just spent two weeks at the Jaz Aquamarine the first week was a little cold and we defiantly needed a jersey or coat in the evenings but with the heated pools and the sunshine we were able to swim and suntan between 10:00 and 15:00, by the time we left the days and nights were getting warmer.

When comparing this hotel to others of its kind I would say that the rooms are what you would expect, the food was slightly better with plenty of choice, what sets this hotel above all others I have stayed in is the exceptional service from the pool boy to the senior management, everyone does what they can to ensure that you have a wonderful stay.

We had a few very small problems but these were fixed as soon as we pointed them out, we were made to feel that nothing was to much trouble.

We had a great holiday and were really sorry to leave I would encourage anyone going to this region to stay at this hotel.

5 Thank MoniqueKlein
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The most wonderful place I ever visit in hurghuda with the best friends and very helpful staff very good pools and activities. Food is average. excelent rooms. very nice weather. Many snacks restaurants and excelent drinks

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Walid G
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have just stayed in the Jaz Aquamarine for one week on the 3rd January, we booked through Thomson/First Choice, when we arrived we were shown quickly around the reception and taken to our rooms and our bags followed shortly after. We received unlimilted a la carte use and was well worth using all restaurant were easy to book and lovely food, buffet was lovely too!
Ths staff throughout the hotel were amazing and could not do enough for you, pools were clean and towels were changed whenever we wanted. The weather was lovely for winter sun, but the heated pool is definantley worth a dip!
The wifi we were given was plenty for the week, would definantley recommend this hotel, price was very good and standard of rooms and hotel was great!

7 Thank nicola s
Randers, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We've just returned from a trip to Egypt, where we stayed at this hotel. I've been to Egypt two times before in other parts of the country. We were 8 persons in my group, and everybody had a great trip.
we experienced very good and friendly service from every staff member at the hotel, who did their best to deliver a memorable stay for us. Nobody asked for tips at the hotel, which is very common, and something everyone travelling to Egypt should be prepared for.
My wife and I are usually hardcore backpackers, and do not like to be at cramped hotels crawling with people. At our stay at Aquamarine, the hotel was far from full, which could have changed our experience. We liked the food, the rooms, the pools and the people there.
I only missing thing I can point my finger at, is the poor internet connection, which I found a bit annoying.

If I ever go to Hurghada again, I will definitely consider staying at the Jaz Aquamarine Resort again
5* from here