“Great hotel”

Ranked #35 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I wont repeat what most others have said so I'll summarise, great hotel, great staff, great Thomson rep (Chris).

Mojito was our favourite drink. We lived on them all week.

We went for a week of relaxation and got it with the exception of the 5am wailing from the local Mosque which was no big deal.

Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone young or old.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank graytowse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was here over Christmas with a friend and really enjoyed my stay. In fact I cannot imagine anyone being able to find fault with anything. The facilities are excellent, great food, professional and friendly staff. I was anxious since I had only been one one other all inclusive holiday and had not enjoyed it at all. This was a totally different experience! The rooms were spacious, great bathroom, fantastic service. All of the a la carte restaurants were excellent and the buffet was surprisingly good. I usually avoid buffets like the plague since I always feel it's like feeding time at the trough but this one was different. They really went overboard on Christmas dinner and provided a fantastic experience for everyone. I can't imagine anyone not having a good time at this hotel. I would highly recommend it for a Christmas break.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank ChristinaHD
lancashire
Reviewed January 22, 2013

just got back from a week at the aquamarine with my husband and 18 month old son and i honestly can not say a bad thing about it! we been to egypt twice before so we know the standards you expect from egypt but this surpassed them. from the minute we got there we were made to feel welcome and special by all the staff. the hotel is huge with 18 pools all but two were heated which was definately top of our priority list.you can be as active or relaxed as you want with all the activities round the pools. everything is spotless, and the staff are constantly cleaning and maintaining the grounds it is definately a five star resort. Our little boy got fussed by all the staff where ever we went, especially in the restaurants where they tell you off if you dare to get your own drink! so much choice with the food as well, we were always spolit for choice, even for kids. we ate a lot of our meals in the blue marine restaurant is this was more laid back and much quieter. the staff can not do enough to help you where ever you go and they honestly do not expect anything in return, you dont feel obliged to tip but we tipped a couple of them at the end of our stay to say thank you because they really do work hard. its right on the beach to with loads of places to chill. only slight critism is it would be really nice if there was a jetty so you could snorkel without walking out a mile!
this is definately a top class resort and leaves others in the area lagging behind. by far the best hotel we stayed in in Egypt. would definately return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank handyandpunky
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have recently come back from my holiday and felt I needed to do a review as I loved this hotel. I could quote everything others have said and its right. The food, the 18 swimming pools, the rooms, the complex,the variety of all the restaurants, close transfer from the airport it was all absolutely fantastic.All credit does go to the staff they are amazingly friendly the best service I have ever had on holiday. During my stay I had a photo shoot done which was very popular its a very good experience and having pics taken on the beach is great. There was quite a few photographers on site who offered their services, I chose Bob as he was very polite, professional and took some amazing pictures, he didn't rush the shoot and made me feel very relaxed and most of all it was great fun. I would highly recommend a photo shoot with him, I am so happy with my pictures. What are you waiting for get yourselves to ths hotel, I will being go back again very soon. Im hooked!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank paula j
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My partner and I found the hotel stay a very pleasant one. It was clean and the service was very good. We only had one incident with an over zealous waiter as I kissed my partner on the cheek but the restaurant manager apologised and reprimanded the waiter. At times the people trying to sell you services whilst you were sunbathing became tedious and irritating but eventually they would leave after declining them a couple of times. In the main we had a great week and enjoyed our stay and would happily recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Leeds Wesy Yorks
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I can not praise this resort highly enough. We stayed from 8th-21st Dec 2012 and came home as relaxed as our much more expensive jaunt to the Maldives. The staff are beyond amazing wish I could name them all . Ali and Hassan in the main restaurant the guys in the pool bar "Alright mate" the animation staff especially Cynthia who kept playing hunt the rhino with hubby trying to find us at one of the 18 amazing pools on site.The waters asked on our last night how many times we had been to the hotel before as "we knew all the staff" It was purely because they were so warm and friendly you just couldn't help chatting to them all. The hotel is vast but easy to navigate, spotlessly clean and very family friendly. a lot of Russian, Polish and Germans but all friendly and polite not so many English but the staff seemed to joke with the Brits more. I have not stopped recommending this hotel to anybody who will listen and hope to be back real soon . PS I would not recommend the 5 star beauty salon avoid these and if you want pampering use the hotel spa

Room Tip: Rooms starting with 3 seem to be very central
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Where do i start;

Check in was quick and easy, booked with Thomson, and all guests were taken through to a lovely seating area where we completed required forms, was given a drink and a warm towel to freshen up, then guided to our rooms, baggage followed.

Hotel Grounds: this is an extensive hotel it is massive, but absolutely beautiful , very clean and well maintained, the pools (all 18 of them) are kept clean and offers you so much choice, no need to race out for a sunbed there are plenty available, and if you cannot see any you will soon have one of the staff sort you out, they really do not want you to do anything whilst you are on holiday, even wanting to lay your towel on the sunbed for you, ( kind of hard to actually get used to be treated so well) Waiter around pool constantly checking whether any drinks were required, and remembers so well your choice of drinks, and we found that if we did not order a drink for a while he would make sure he brougt us some English water ( a beer) lol

Room: perfect size very clean and Atef was our cleaner, he made sure some beautiful towel art was left for us each day, and made sure we had plentiful supply of tea, coffee sugar and milk in our room ( a free bottle of water each day is left if you are with thomsons, although this is not mentioned in the brochure, it is informed to you upon arrival as a gift for all thomson customers)

Food: there are 4 al a carte restaurants( again informed Thomson guests can use all 4 upon arrival) and i think there were 3 buffet restaurants, we used four corners as it was quieter, although a table is soon cleared for you upon arrival, be it breakfast lunch or dinner, waiters constantly asking if you needed anything, but not too intrusive, i didnt try the al a carte so cannot comment, but the buffet was good, although i do feel more choices are available in European countries, but we managed to find something nice to eat each night, the bread is divine. Remember there is no bacon or sausage as we are used too due to their culture, however there are alternative sausages and beef bacon, not to our liking so i made do with the omelette at breakfast, beautiful.

Drinks: Your usual home brand spirits beer etc are all inclusive brand names a charge is made, however i found my tipple of Gin n tonic very nice, a little too nice, as the waiter is so aware when your glass is nearly empty that refills appear just as you empty your glass, and i did manage to overdo it on the one occasion, hey i'm on holiday. lol

Beachfront: as we were made aware the sea can be a distance to walk out too at times ( depending on time of day) but we obviously picked the right time on our visit so we could dip our toes in the water, however we are not beach lovers so we purely went along to take a look and be able to say we had paddled in the Red Sea.

We did venture outside the complex to see the few shops, however i found the constant barrage from the shop owners a little too much, they were not rude they were very friendly but this is purely to lull you into conversation and get you inside their shop, but a polite thank you very much but no did do the trick, plus when we finally left and was in the airport there must be 30 stalls with all sorts of Egyptian trinkets, handbags etc for sale, so you really do not need to venture out for gifts if you do not want to.

tips: i had been pre warned that changing the high value currency we get in the uk is difficult so i took some US dollars with me to tip ( you can tip in sterling, but they are unable to change these coins in Egypts banks, so they will ask all Engllish tourists to change them to notes for them, i was also warned that some of the coins are fake so to be careful if i was to change them to notes for them, so i only changed our room cleaner, who only had £5 worth anyway so i was happy to oblige. i tipped the room cleaner everday, and them gave him a 100EP tip on the day we left, however i did not tip the pool waiter or restaurant staff until our last day, i then gave 100Ep to those that had made the difference to my holiday, and although i was informed to tip during the week, i found i still received a very good service without it. ( plus i was uanble to change my EP to a lower denomination so this proved to be the better option anyway)

We managed to go the week the temperatures dropped and the wind picked up, but we still enjoyed our week and managed to come back home with a nice tan.

Would i recommend this hotel to people, in a heartbeat YES... this was our 1st time to Egypt and i do not think it will be our last, a 5* hotel in Egypt so far outweighs the 5* hotels we have been to in Europe and the service in all areas is 2nd to none, they only have 1 thing on their minds and that is to ensure your holiday is a memorable one, and they exceed and deliver in this so well.

Must mention, Chris the Thomson rep, we had a problem with our safe not working in the room, we seemed to have some communication issues with reception as to when this would be fixed, i texted the 24/7 helpline explaining our issue, i received a prompt response from them and the issue was resolved within the hour, the following day Chris then informed us he had spoken to the manager as to our little problem and we were given a late checkout to recompense, a nice little touch for us seeing as we had a early evening pick up, we were then able to enjoy our last day around the pool, then go and shower and change before leaving, Thanks Chris.

Room Tip: We were in room 1176, which was central to the resort and right outside the main pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple