“Best holiday we spent”

Ranked #35 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
london,United kingdom
“Best holiday we spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We arrived late on Friday evening & we checked in quickly & efficiently by the reception staff, while we enjoyed a welcome drink in the fayrouz bar. The hotel looks fantastic, beautiful decor, very boutique. Our room was luxurious too, with an array of items available via a mini/maxi bar - just incase you had forgotten anything! Tea & coffee was available within the room & 2 complementary bottles of mineral water.

The staff in general were very friendly, from the pool staff to the waiters in the restaurant. This was a real high-light.

We stayed on a All incl. basis, which seemed to be popular holiday type across the guests staying at the hotel. initially when we arrived we wanted to eat at the Italian restaurant as discussed in the Fayrouz bar 20mins before. When we arrived at the restaurant they told us we needed to give 24hours notice to eat there, which was a contradiction to the experience from our checkin. Eventually after much discussion, we undrestand all & can only assume that All Inclusive must need to pre-book.

The pool & beach facilities were great, regular waiter service. . A small selection of shops surround the main outdoor dining & you can leisurely browse without disruption.

We will go there again.

3 Thank smith v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hannover,germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Firstly, don't worry about the "troubles" in Egypt. No evidence of problems at all and never belive what u hear always.
HOTEL: Certainly has the wow factor. All public areas are very classy&immaculate. Being a small (by Egyptian standards) couples only hotel, gives it a very calm yet sophisticated atmosphere.
WElCOME: we felt so comfertable being served quickely and had the whole informations we need and we were escorted to our rooms also in a nice tour.
BEDROOMS: Stayed in a supirior room with 2 double beds. Tastefully decorated in neutral colours with a lovely balcony looking onto the greah hug pools i beleive 17. Even supplied good - very 5*!
FOOD: Bearing in mind the hotel considers itself 5*, we felt the food did not quite come up to that standard. We have stayed in a number of 5* hotels in Egypt & around the world, so we were able to compare like for like. Breakfasts were fine with lots of choice but the evening meals lacked a bit of imagination, particularly the appetisers. We felt that meze type starters would a good idea & offer egyptian dishes as well - we are in Egypt after all! The Chinese restaurant was decorated in red, giving it a good chinese atmosphere & the food was good too. The Italian restaurant was perfect. The decor was in a good function too, with italian decoration . Our Caesar Salad was with alot of parmesan cheese & the dressing . all staff assured us that they are carring about us.
POOLS:always clean and warm and always we had clean towels.
FINALLY:we will come again with more friends and really it was the first and not the last impression for us we will go there over and over.

3 Thank dany g
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

it was a fantastic holiday every where clean and we was warmed welcomed,i would recommend this hotel to anybody,i loved the place so much i went back two weeks later,my only regret was i chose another hotel,but miles apart in all things,but next year sure we will go there we can't forgot it.
and we are sad that we will back again to the snow but we had a nice memories from this lovely place and we experinced reallh how much is the egyptions are a welcomed people and work hard.
we will come again .

1 Thank tove t
finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Everyone of the staff couldnt be more friendly or helpful.The animation team Manager hagag, and his staff, katy, Chico, nelly, are all brilliant.DJ italia play always nice music at the hotel disco after mid night you shouldn't miss it,They have so much enthusiasm for their jobs and make you feel really special. A special mention too for aly in the bar,he was lovely and really looked after us serving our drinks.Also Mohmed made us laugh out loud.
Thank you to all for making our holiday so brill.

3 Thank mikko l
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Arrived 6th march for one week. Lovely rooms, great food, very good service, drinks ok.
We had a problem with a taxi from outside the hotel ,but this was resolved to our great satisfaction thanks to the managment team.
every bodywas also very helpful and made this vacation for us really un forgatabel .
We have stayed in several hotels in Hurghada but this is the very best by a mile. Cannot wait to go back next year. antoine.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank van der vall a
Moscow,russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here in march and upgraded to a suite and pied for the up grad,this was no problem for us room was Beautiful and spacious bedroom, lounge area, corridor with the largest bathroom we have ever seen and a walk in thw wholehotel. The suite faced on to a small pool with masses of sunbeds available. The food was excellent, especially the asian and all the staff were friendly specially the reception and helpful.
Thanks to everyone who helped to make it such a lovely holiday.

1 Thank cristin J
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I wanted to write a review as I chose this hotel purely on the positive comments posted on Trip Advisor & was disappointed. We tried to make the best out of our holiday but honestly, other than modern rooms & a 'grand/posh' lobby I can't quite understand the rave reviews about this hotel?

BEACH/SNORKELLING
I was of course aware there was no beach & this is true - but if you buy some Sea Shoes in the UK as we did & walk out for 15mins there's coral/fish/half decent snorkelling. On the beach, prepare to be harassed by people selling diving trips who won't take no for an answer...irritating. In other Hurghada hotels I have never experienced this but was told that the onsite diving company pay a lot of rent to be based here so have to use the hard sell tactic. You will find cheaper diving elsewhere in Hurghada.

FOOD
Other reviews had said the food was pretty bad, but as we're not fussy eaters we took a gamble. Neither of us were prepared for just how bad it was. We struggled to find anything to eat at the lunch & dinner buffet. I like rice & there was always lots of it but it was always rock hard & cold. All the various 'mystery meats' in sauces were cold & very bland with staff wandering around eating from the dishes (very off-putting!) Myself & my partner filled up on bread & olives. The only piping hot & fresh food you got was from the Egg Station in the morning & the chips at the poolside snack bar.

The 4 a la carte restaurants serve slightly fresher/hotter food but still extremely bland - not sure if it's worth 5 Euros per person per meal to eat there? To be honest I've had better & more traditional Lebanese/Middle Eastern food in London than in the hotels' 'Lebanese' a la carte restaurant, very disappointing considering we were in Egypt!?

Like the previous reviewer said, there are no English people here (only 5 rooms out of 1,300 rooms I was told) which wasn't a problem for us. The hotel seemed to favour & gear all meals/entertainment/kids club towards German, Russian, Polish & Scandinavian guests so English guests, especially with children, may feel a little excluded.

INTERNET
There's wireless in the Lobby (not in your room) for £5 per hour!! For this money I expected a super fast connection but it was painfully slow. Other hotels I've stayed at in Hurghada all have FREE wireless broadband in rooms so I don't understand why they don't address this problem?
We were unlucky in that the Internet 'went down' for 4 days. I was on holiday but for work I needed to check my emails once every day or two. What was extremely frustrating was that no-one could tell us when it would be fixed & what the problem was. Most of the staff spoke fluent German & Polish but very, very little English. They lied & said that the whole of Hurghada was down but we went into town & used an internet cafe with no problems so this was a lie.

ROOMS
I will say the only positive was the rooms which were very modern with a comfy bed - there were 2 English film channels for when the sun goes down & you're relaxing in the room.

POOLS
The pools were very nice although I kept asking management why they were cleaned all through the night (pool boys messing about & shouting woke up us up at 1am daily & we were exhausted by day 5) but we got no answer so maybe bring earplugs? We did phone reception a few nights at 1am & were told "sorry about the noise, we will send security" why don't they just organise it better so the pools are not cleaned during the night? Very bizarre.
They offered to move us nearer to reception but then you have the noise/music from the bar.
I felt bad complaining as the pool boys are just told to do a job but management need to address this as we payed a lot of money for what was supposed to be a 'relaxing' holiday.

THE SCARY
The only other comment I need to make was that waiters are quite sleazy & constantly hitting on women (including me when my partner left me on my own for more than 5mins!!!) I found this to be intimidating & it really ruined our holiday.
We were there for 10 days & I ended up having to avoid the bar & snack bar area because of it. I'm very down to earth, live in London & am certainly not prudish but couldn't deal with it. When my partner complained to the assistant manger we got no sympathy & were told "please don't tell the general manager as they all have a wife & children & will be sacked" Not our problem - I say think about your poor wife & kids!
I stayed in the Grand Makadi, Hurghada last year & not once was I harassed by staff & waiters like I was at this hotel - Management, PLEASE do something about this.

To sum up, there are unfortunately far more negatives than positives with this hotel & unless you plan to stay in your room & watch great movies 24hours a day I'd pick another hotel. if I was to go back to Hurghada, Makadi Bay area & El Gouna both have fab beaches/snorkelling & are way better value for money.
On the official Egyptian tourist website this hotel is rated 3 star (which is about right re: food etc) but Travel Republic told us it was a 5 star. I can only think that maybe if you're there for a wedding, honeymoon or anniversary you get special treatment which would explain the more positive reviews?

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main reception are less noisy as other reviewers said BUT rooms near the beach...