“Child friendly hotel with fantastic aquapark!”
Review of Jungle Aqua Park

Jungle Aqua Park
Ranked #49 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Child friendly hotel with fantastic aquapark!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very good aqua park also for children from ca. 11-18 years. Lots of save guards. Large family rooms. Good shower, hot water. Good food. Very friendly people. Nicely build rooms around swimming pools. Look like bungalows. Most rooms with a terrace. Cleaning of rooms very well done. Very clean everywhere and nice staff, all over the place, very attentive.

Room Tip: large familyrooms with a large double bed, a bunkbed and a single bed, terrace.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ellen J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
brighton england
Reviewed February 12, 2014

we have been to lots of hotels but this one is top of the list. it is the cleanest place we have stayed in and the food was great you will never go hungry, the hotel grounds are massive with a pool around every corner it seems, staff very friendly and will do anything for you, the bars are great always keeping your glass full without asking, rooms cleaned everyday. when we were looking on ta about this hotel we were worried that the reviews were to good as we had never seen so many good reviews for a hotel and thought they were not real but they are all correct I can not praise it enough. be aware of the spa treatment sellers as they bully you into treatments that are very exspensive and get very rude when you turn them down, there was a young English girl that had a henna tattoo at an agreed price but when it was done they wanted more and locked the shop with her in it until she paid they also got her to sign a statement saying she was happy with what she paid only then was she let out. after complaining to the manager she got paid back but they got into her room and took money she had left on the side. we know it was the spa people because the day the girl was leaving he went up to her and whispered to her that he had taken the money out of her room. so be very aware of these people. but book this hotel you will not regret it

Room Tip: don't matter where you are
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brighton
lancashire
Reviewed February 11, 2014

From the moment we arrived till the moment the coach came to pick us up we were treated like royalty. I can say nothing bad at all about Jungle Aqua.
The rooms were cleaned everyday to a very high standard, the place itself was always clean and the you always saw staff cleaning and maintaining the property

The staff, from the maintaince guys, through to the restaurants right up to the managers where excellent, friendly and very good at what they did. Their English was brilliant to say they also spoke german and Russian

We went as a couple, with my parents and the experience in the bars was just fantastic, (big mention to the Columbus bar, although they were all brilliant) the food and the drink was excellent with a large variety everynight, if I fancied a Chinese then hubbie could go the the Italian and bring it back to my table. (in fact the food was so good I think I put on half a stone)

It looked a brilliant place for families, although we had no kids there always seemed to be something going on for the families and children

The weather was a little cool when we got there, but the bars and restaurants were all lovely and warm for us. There seemed to be one main heated pool and then the smaller pools outside the rooms (which were freezing) but with the water park literally on the doorstep I had no complaints as I just dived into the water park.

There were mosquitos around, but if you are prepared and take repellent and a room plug you will be fine, the only time we got bitten was on the day we unplugged the plug in to charge the many phones we had, you can see the chaps outside putting repellent on the shrubbery outside the rooms in the morning and at dusk.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and if I had the money we would be going again in October

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good, however there did seem to be some towards the back of the hotels. Ma...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank candise999
Uden, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 11, 2014

verry clean rooms waterpark for the kids
only not so much european food and no mayonaise with the french fries

verry good

only spa verry expensive 95 euro asking price but at the and 55 euro same price as in the netherlands

Room Tip: room 1062 near aquapark but long way to restaurant
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gvanderlaan1
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel absolutely fantastic there is so much to do for everyone. Restaurant r lovely so much choice for food there is an English restaurant as well as other nations restaurant. All of the staff were very welcoming NEVER HINTED OR ASKED FOR TIPS!!!! My room was very clean got cleaned every day got fresh towels every day and the cleaners even filled up my fridge all the time with cola,fanta water n other drinks that I asked for.The hotel it's self was very clean never saw food on the floor the cleaners was always doin something I was very impressed by how clean it was. There was a McDonald's 10mins down the road from the hotel which was very nice double the size 2 what we have here, there was also a kfc and plenty of shops in the mall opposite the kfc, it had a shop called spinnys which was very cheap. The only problem I had a was man CALLED MODY HE WAS VERY VERY ANNOYING!!!!!!! he kept on asking us 2 go on a trip with him which was a submarine and snorkeling but I had a very bad ear infection which I had been in hospital for a few days b4 I went away, I told mody that I would love to go but with me been poorly I didn't want 2 rise getting any water in it as my doctor told me not 2. But mody would NOT take no for an answer he kept on saying u will love it n getting familys 2 come over n tell me what they thought of it, but i kept saying it's not that I don't want to go I just can't but he wouldn't take no for an answer he just kept on saying come on and kept saying your from England u can afford it I even hato run away from him twice as I couldn't b bothered repeating myself every day. Every where we went he was there sun bathing, swimming, water park, goin for food and sat outside out our room he was always there he is a very rude person everytime we said no he came bk n tried pressuring us again and when we said no AGAIN HE STORMED OF IN A MOOD!! I expect someone 2 take no as an answer n leave us alone. Apart from this horrible man annoying me 5 times a day I would definitely go bk was a fantastic holiday n I hoping 2 book again very soon thank u so much 2 the rest of the people that made my stay a very nice memorable one and hope 2 c u again very soon xx

Room Tip: We stayed in 1089 was perfect not far from anything.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Its taken me a long time to write this as our holiday to Jungle Aqua Park was undoubtedly our worst holiday in twenty years of travelling together. The rooms were perfect and the cleanliness was superb. The layout of the hotel was cleverly worked out. Our main problems were mosquitos and the dining arrangements. We were eaten alive from day one through to day fourteen. We had to have our room fumigated more than once as they were obviously in the bedding and air-conditioning. My husbands legs ballooned and was unable to walk at one point. I had to get a wheelchair so he could go to the restaurants. I had to bring meals back to our room on more than one occasion. We went to the on site doctor and all he wanted to do was take him to the local hospital to do a Doppler (ultrasound) on his calves to make sure he didn't have a DVT. I work in the NHS have a good knowledge on these matters and soon realised they were just trying to make a buck! Apart from which my husband is on lifelong warfarin to prevent clotting.
The restaurants were a joke. The brochure describes them as if they were themed ie: English, French, German, Italian and Asian. Not so. They were a mixture of everything so we found ourselves going from one restaurant to another to find meat vegetables etc to our liking. by the time we sat down to eat our food was cold. We are not fussy eaters and we like to try different cuisines but the food left a lot to be desired unfortunately. The best food was that which was done outside eg the oriental was lovely. We did a few excursions. One to a perfumery and marina. Did the perfumery before so knew what to expect. Spent some money there as it's well worth it. Coach driver took us directly to the marina as we weren't interested in the shopping experience. It was pitch black so couldn't see the boats properly. It was chilly so we stayed in a café drinking coffee till the rest of the group came back. We did a stargazing desert safari. What a huge disappointment. We had a jeep type vehicle which you had to climb into. A step would have been handy! I'm nearly 60 and fractured my patella last year so I had no fun trying to get into it. The site we arrived at was filthy and the loo was just a hole in the ground. The stargazing was just looking through a high powered telescope. Needless to say we all held our bladders til our return to the hotel. The whole holiday was a huge disappointment. We wont be going back to Egypt again despite having some good experiences in Luxor and Cairo in the past. First Choice needs to do do some homework I'm afraid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lslyelaine
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Came back last week stayed there for two weeks. Couldn't fault hotel or staff. So clean and excellent service. 32 pools and also massive water park on site. Plenty of trips motor safari and snorkelling was amazing both a must!
Won't find a better hotel. Outstanding rooms and good food ( 6 restaurants ).
We will absolutely be going back again. 100% recommend. 5*