“Great hotel and wonderful staff!”
Review of Jungle Aqua Park

Jungle Aqua Park
Ranked #48 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and wonderful staff!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just got back on tuesday, the hotel is lovely with so many pools which we found where not heated. The rooms (2025) where lovely and big and clean the staff where all so helpful. However the restaurant's need to give a bit more variety on meals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
birmingham
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We visited the aqua jungle park for the first time on 28th October 2013 for 11nights. We stayed in room 1107. This was our 5 time to Egypt and having stayed in a different hotel each time we have been, this hotel was right up there with the best we have stayed in. This hotel is also the first one that we have rebooked for next year in May. The hotel is very clean and tidy. They are always doing work to improve the complex. I have read that the food was a big disappointment for some people but I couldn't see it a problem. There was a lot of choice and the food was always hot and fresh. There is an English guy called Cliff. He is the head chef in the English La Marche restaurant and his good is better than the standard we get at home. He put on specials every nights and we travelled with a 9 year old who loved the choice of food the jungle had to offer but cliff still approached us one night asking what we thought if the food and if there was anything particular that we would like him to cook for us. We took his offer up and choose chicken nuggets for a night for the young one. He's very approachable and a great guy to talk to if you have any queries or requests. The animation staff are great and work very hard throughout the day to make sure everyone is happy and enjoying their holiday. Special mentions to Casper, Hamooda, Omar, Ziko, Anna, Mamado, Luca and Tina. Big thank you to you all and look forward to seeing you all again in May.
The water park was very good with some great slides. We all had great fun on these and spent quite a lot of time there. There are so many pools around the hotel we only managed to use 2 or 3. No matter what room you are in the is always a pool no more than 20 metres from your room. We booked excursions from the hotel reps. They are a bit more expensive than the ones you get at the shopping complexes and elsewhere but it's definitely worth paying that bit extra going on past experience. There is a massive shopping centre within a 10 minute walk and has mcdonalds, KFC, plenty of shops and a supermarket called Spinleys. It's very cheap and you can get everything you get at home for half the price.

Can't wait to return to this hotel with the rest of the family in May.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Leelo647
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I am just back today from there , overall imperression is very good

Staff is more than friendly , aqua is awesome and heated as well , rooms are tiddy and clean , facility is well maintained , kids area and club and pool are nice .

Bad points , not all pools are heated , mosquitos need more effective solution than spraying , resturants needs better mgmt regarding both quality and variety of food .

Good place to spend 4-5 days with family and friends

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mohamed Z
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

First time to Eygpt the people were nice and friendly, we arrived at this resort after a nightmare at the airport please be aware it's £15 to enter the country! On first impression the resort was nice and large very clean and rooms were spacious with a wet room and no bath. (this was a problem for us as we have a 1 year old baby). Only the main pool and aqua park are heated which was a shame as it would have been nice to just walk out the door into the pool we overlooked.

Staff are not interested in talking to you unless you are tipping them ... awkward as I didn't take any money with me as I don't when we travel all inclusive.

The food was great good variety and always something you can eat even if you have to chop and change between restaurants. The little fast food restaurants are ideal for lunch and kids. The English chef Cliff in the Le Marche restaurant was superb cooking dishes that we requested and really looking after the kids at dinner time!

There is however NOT enough highchairs in the resort ... I was fuming most nights as I could not take the baby out of the buggy to eat socially with us.

The drinks are fine if you only want to drink soft drinks ... the alcohol was disgusting and actually spoilt my holiday as I could not drink any of it as it was too strong even when I poured my own measures!

All staff are great with children.

The aqua park was a bonus, we spent most days there!

The onsite shops were very overpriced I would recommend getting a taxi through reception to the nearby mall as when we walked there there was children attempting to pickpocket us.

The Russians and Germans spoilt most days with their rudeness and the fact they were allowed to let their children do whatever they liked (Pooed in the Aqua park pool/ weeing next to sunloungers) the staff weren't cleaning the public areas often enough.

I had alot of difficulty negotiating my buggy as there is alot of steps to get to and from reception unless you want to walk the looong way around

I would not stay here again but it is what you pay for. I would say 1 week is enough.

Room Tip: try and get the rooms near reception they are cloase to food area and aqua park.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Claire P
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Pros

Beautiful resort and gardens.
Plenty of pools and sun loungers.
Great aqua park.
Plenty of rubber donuts.
Shops and clinic on site.
Bar staff are helpful and always offering you a drink.
Weather amazing for winter time.
Clean spacious rooms.
Taxis cheap and reliable if booked through hotel.
On site doctor a lovely man and extremely helpful.
Hard Rock Cafe is a must.
Book trips with sales reps in hotel rather than Thomson as you get more for your money.
Deserts were lovely especially the strawberry ones.
Animals made on the bed by the cleaners were nice.

Cons

Staff expect tips far too much and wait around making small talk till they get one which is rather awkward. We tipped our cleaner every other day and he still expected more. Every time I was in the shower or using the toilet he would knock on the door and ask if the room was cleaned well enough. This was annoying.
Pools are cold as only one main heated pool and aqua park pools are heated to.
Floors are extremely slippy and dangerous. The water is not wiped down enough off the ground.
Life guards are pervy and like to be touchy with young girls.
Resort not fit for prams and buggies.
Food is disgusting, I don't even think my dog would eat it.
No choice in the restaurants.
Alcohol to strong and the cocktails are horrible. It's like drinking paint stripper.
Rooms and resort riddled with mosquitoes. Even though plugs in room.
Animation team rubbish more for kids. Don't think they acknowledged me once all holiday.
Evening entertainment shocking. Takes ages to start and is more for kids. All you ever hear is the team shouting mini disco or na na na na na.
Reception staff hardly speak English and are always moody.
Only two plug sockets in the whole room.
Toilet roll is as hard as newspaper.
Bed is really hard to sleep on and give me sore back. Had to go for a medical massage.
Airport is horrific. Took us an hour to get through security. The slowest guy was working on customs.
Coach transfer was awful. The bus was not fit for purpose. The metal air conditioning panel above me feel on my head and gave me concussion due to being hung on with cello tape. I told the driver about this problem and what had happened and his reply was "oh right" and laughed!!!!
Beach is nasty rocky and gritty don't waste your time.
Staff that work in on site shops harass you and make you feel like you must buy.
Shops outside the hotel are rubbish. No where near as good as sharm el sheik. Especially soho square.
I have been to sharm 6 times and once to hurgarda and it's deffo the last. Don't waste your money and go sharm.
Rude Russians and Germans as always who have no manners and push in cues. However this is expected with there being so many of them in Egypt. It's like their Spain after all.
So many flies it's hard to have a nap on the sun lounger they are all over you like a rash.
Russians allow their children to wee in the pools and near the sun loungers. Disgusting!!!!!

Tips

Get visa from bank on arrival which is situated to the left once you enter the airport. It is much cheaper here. Don't get it from the Thompson reps they rip you off as get commission.

If you want to go on quad bike trip book with sales reps that come round while your sun baving. You can go private for £40 each and get the head scarf too and don't have to stay in a line going slow like the Thompson trip. Your insured with them to so no need to worry.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina A
Wolverhampton
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A fantastic 2 week stay at jungle aqua park!
A great family holiday!
Rooms are kept to a very highly standard, cleaned everyday!
Food was great, catered for all ages and nationalities.
Lovely staff, all very friendly and great with children!
Pool and aqua park brilliant!
Visited the spa was very well priced and a good service was provided.
We also ventured out on a couple of trips again well priced and we thoroughly enjoyed.
Would definitely return to this hotel, hoping to next year!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Dobson2012
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We travelled as a party of 3 women, and all we can say is we loved every minute of our 2 week stay. All the staff in the bars and restaurants are very friendly, and welcoming. The English chef in Le Marche is just brilliant. He made sure there was something to eat every night for my vegetarian mum and fussy sister,all we had to do was ask :) the aqua park is brilliant. Perfect for those with kids and the big kids in us all. Quite often I ran off to go on the slides whilst the others were asleep on the sunbeds ha. The Thomson rep, Ismail is brilliant. He says to call him Lewis because he looks like Lewis Hamilton. Very friendly and tells you everything you need to know. There is a shopping mall about 10 min walk away or you can get the little train from the next hotel. There is a supermarket in there called Spinneys, go there if you need anything instead of the row of shops in the hotel. We took dollars and found we need to change them to Egyptian pounds.

The one part that absolutely made our holiday was the animation team. They are the best animation team I have ever seen,and I used to work with hotel entertainers abroad. Cuba does the kids club, and he is perfect for the job. Very bubbly along with very flexible when dancing around. Ziko is in charge and he is just brilliant. Lena is just lovely. Mezan, mamado and Omar will have you up dancing and enjoying every aspect of your holiday. Then you have Hamoda, he is amazing in his job and truly loves doing what he does, you can not miss him and when you go you will understand why. They do activities in the morning and the afternoon, then in the evening they have mini disco then their shows. We went to Hard Rock Cafe with the team on our last week and I wish we had gone sooner. I will miss the whole animation team and will be staying in contact with them to let them know when I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family