“Great family holiday, water park was great. Loads of choice for food. Would 100% go back again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jungle Aqua Park

Jungle Aqua Park
Ranked #43 of 229 Hotels in Hurghada
London, Harrow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and had a great holiday. The rooms were very large, clean and nice. The resort is very large and if you love to walk then the evenings are started with a nice walk around the resort. Loads of choice on food, we are vegetarian and we had no problems with finding something to eat each meal time. The many pools around the resort was a nice touch as you could use the main one near the bars and reception or the ones that were near to your rooms. Ice shop was a nice touch and the coffee bar was also for those coffee lovers. Not far from the airport, but you know how these transfer buses work, picking up from Hotel to hotel. Great resort for all ages, we were a group of 6 range from 19-49 years. But great place for little ones too, but love to go back when we have kids as we know they would enjoy very much.

Like anywhere you have the people there that try and sale you stuff like trips or treatments, this can get a bit too much and at times they can be a bit full on. Don't by Internet from the little box man next to the main door, he is a rip off and I can't believe they let him sit in that resort!
You can visit the hotel next door which is also very nice in the evening as it has a road with loads of shops and feels like a market or you could walk to the local shopping centre. Not much around the resort apart from shops, but they do have a bus that takes you to the beach which we did one day.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I my wife and 2 kids (3 and 1 ) had a great time here in December, having previously been to destinations like Mexico, St Lucia and Cuba my standards are high so I wanst expecting much of Egypt.

The Rooms and grounds were excellently maintained, we had a swimming pool on our door step however it wasn’t heated, out of the 20 odd swimming pools only 4 were heated in December (the main pools) , so the main pool was about 5 minutes walk away. We also went to the aqua park which was great fun, and the staff were generally very good to us.

We found the Food was always freshly made as we tended to have our evening meal around 6 ish and we very much enjoyed the italian (alfonsos) and the indian and chinese restaurant was first class!
The german restsurant was OK and the English restaurant was also first class, the kids club was first class with staff dressed as Tiger, Spongebob etc entertaining the kids.

When its someones birthday or celebration the staff go all out make it go off with a BANG! As we witnessed the waiters and chefs make such an effort.

The massages were OK but we found the masseuse to be quite pushy for a tip which was off putting, that was the only down point of the resort,

The evening entertainment was very good with people dressed as spongebob and tigger etc playing with the kids.

The Mosquitos were not a big problem as there was reppelant spray in the room and we had repellants to plug in and also tipped the room cleaner who provided us with more repellants to plug in,
It would be good if the Hotel itself did more as I imagine when it gets really hot this could be a problem.

A small tip goes a long way with the staff.

All in all a great holiday and I would certainly visit again.

The beach is a 5 min bus ride away on the hotel bus , in honesty it wasn’t that good, it did have a beautiful jetty with some yachts etc, that provided a great back drop to take some pictures.
As well as horses and camels in the area for rides and picture opportunities.

All in all the food was first class, the entertainment staff etc was all very good, and yes I think I would come back, I don’t say that very often.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kully m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I and our 4 children stayed here for a week in feb half term, the place is fantastic plenty to do for the children and good entertainment on a evening compared to other hotels in Egypt, would definatley recommend this hotel

2 Thank Katiep2810
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have just returned from a week at the 'jungle' and can thoroughly recommend it.
On arrival the check in process was long winded and could be done quicker but once in the bungalow we were impressed with the size and separate sleeping area for the kids( age 7&4).
The food available for breakfasts was good and there was a selection of items. Dinner times offered a good variety in the different restaurants including the one in the aqua park.
We did find that tea times could be Manic but if you wait until 8ish finding a table wasn't a problem. The Asia plant was the best place for evening meals by far. It would have been nice to have had the option of an a la carte restaurant as many all inclusive do but that said I can't complain about the food on offer. The kids loved the ice cream parlour which was open till 9pm.
There are a few bars for evening drinks, we favoured Colombus bar or colonies, a bit of tipping and niceness does go a long way to getting a fab service and a 'big' beer....
The daytime entertainment was okay and our kids joined Luca in the kids club s couple of times. Given the facilities and size of the aqua park we didn't spend much time round the main pools so I'm not sure what daytime stuff was offered. The evening entertainment wasn't that great but theming disco and cinema went down a treat with the kids. I do have to mention the show for valentines day was fab with champagne,cocktails,nibbles and fireworks not to mention the roses given out and elvis singing a few favourites.
The aqua park itself was fab, there were lifeguards everywhere giving peace of mind. The smaller pool was great for my 4year old who happily spent all day in it. The large slides were fun for the rest of us and my 7year old spent that much time going up and down he got to know the lifeguards!!
We didn't have any problems getting sunbeds near the small pool but I would imagine that in summer it could be a problem. My only grumble would be the constant pestering by the guys trying to sell tours and spa treatments, If you aren't interested a firm no thanks will work rather than getting into conversation.
The hotel isn't on a beach but the hotel offers a free shuttle bus every 30minutes to Dana beach where there is an all inclusive snack bar, even in February the bus was full so I'm not sure what happens in the summer time, that said its probably a 10/15 minute walk as long as you know where to go.
The weather for the week was fab and we could if all easily spent another week there.
Within the hotel there were different nationalities including Germans and Russians who could be a little rude but I found that the staff recognised the pushing in at the bar and carried on dealing with the next in turn, the entertainment team did all the announcements in three languages and normally started in English, no matter where you go you meet rude people and you just have to let it go.....you're on holiday!!!!
I would definitely recommend it and have even started pricing it up for next year!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here with my husband & 4 yr old son from 1st - 15th Feb 2013. I can honestly say that we have stayed in hotels all over the world & this is definitely the best hotel we have stayed in! Here is a low down:
Staff: Amazing - cannot do enough for you
Breakfast: don't expect a full English or you'll be disappointed. There were omelette stations in each of the restaurants, croissants, fresh pastries, freshly baked bread, salads, fruit, yoghurts, cereals. They also cater for other nationalities so don't be surprised to see potatoes & stews being served up for breakfast.
Lunch: 3 of the restaurants are open at lunchtime doing a selection of hot & cold foods & gorgeous cakes or there are 2 snack bars serving fresh pizza, chips, steak baguettes, hotdogs, beef fajitas, chicken nuggets
Dinner: 6 restaurants: Our favourite was the Asian Plant which served Indian & Chinese food all cooked fresh in front of you
Alfredo Italian where you can get freshly made individual pizza, pasta dishes, soup, salads, plenty of vegetables as well as meat dishes like steak, chicken
La Larche is an English restaurant with a cockney chef called Cliff who is an excellent chef. Come here if you fancy a roast dinner or something a little bit special
Kaiser is a German restaurant where you could get lots of stews (beef/chicken) as well as fish, rice, potatoes, vegetables
Tangine is a Moroccan restaurant food with a bit of spice to it
The Mediterranean restaurant (this was closed whilst we were there so only got to eat breakfast).
There is also a spaghetti bar attached to the Italian that does fresh pasta dishes that are lovely
I can honestly say in 2 weeks we did not have one bad meal and there were so much to choose from we didn't get bored which is a big plus when you are at an all inclusive resort.
Our son also loves the Ice cream parlour that was open daily from 12-9pm everyday
Pools. 3 were heated (2 kids pools & the activity pool) the rest are not and are like ice so be warned.
The kids pool that is not at the aqua park is not as busy but still has a great atmosphere with 7 slides, 4 see-saws, 3 water features to keep the kids entertained. Our little boy loved it here and it's only shallow so great to let them let off steam without worrying about the depth of the water.
Kids pool at the water park, there is a shallow part where the majority of the slides & activities are and there is a deeper part which is warmer (this has one green slide going into it)
There are approx 18 slides which kids under 10 can play on. Under 10's are not allowed on the larger slides. I did venture on these though & they are rather scary!

Please be warned that there are large numbers of very slippy tiles around the resort. Whilst we were there there were a lot of falls through children running. The staff did their best to keep the areas dry but it was still slippy. If you can take some extra grippy shoes for wearing during the day.

Kids entertainment - although I can't comment on the kids club as our son never went (due to being too occupied with all the slides) the kids mini disco was excellent and Natalie who was the leader was excellent but bonkers! All the kids loved her.

Adult entertainment - all the Animation team worked really hard and put on some very funny shows. There also brought in some professional acts like a Cobra show & Sword eater that was great.

There is an entertainment area with arcade games, Xbox kinnect, pool, air hockey etc so be aware that you may have to put your hand in your pocket.

Drinks - as far as all inclusives go the drinks were pretty good. Beer & wine were nice. Cocktails were lovely. There are also 2 coffee & chocolate bars which are fab if you fancy a cappuccino or a hot chocolate. I'd recommend The Truth which is hot chocolate with whipped cream & mint.

You will get mithered around the pool to do trips - I would highly recommend the Moto Safari which is a half day on quad bikes, buggies, camels, horses & donkeys. If you are really not interested then just be honest & you will be left alone. The most sales people around the pools are for the Spa. My husband & I had 2 massages each which we were there & they were amazing. Be warmed that you will need to barter with them. They will start off at about 900 Egyptian pounds (£90) for 2 45 min massages but I managed to get them for (500LE - £50) it was well worth the money spent on them though.

There is a courtesy bus that goes to the beach every half an hour throughout the day. At the sister hotel there is a bar & a snack bar that you can you on your all inclusive. There is a causeway that goes out into the sea that you can walk out on into the sea.

Rooms are spotless & cleaned daily. If you leave your maid a little tip on the pillow (£1) then they will make features out of the towels for you. Please make sure you take a mosquito plug & repellant as there are lots around and will feast on anyone that isn't protected.

None of us were poorly whilst we stayed at the Jungle Aqua Park & we put that down to not having or using any of the Egyptian water. We even used bottled water to brush our teeth.

This truly is a fantastic hotel and anyone who goes will definitely want to go back again & again. If I have missed anything out I am sorry. I've tried not to ramble but wanted to give a true & full account of our holidays.

4 Thank KimA1979
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Christmas and new year with three kids 15, 12, 5. We had two bungalow rooms next to each other. First of all the airport, what a mad place. You seem forced on arrival to pay the representatives from thomson to pay them the money for the visa which costs more money than walking straight to the kiosks and paying them direct but it seems something that goes on that no one complains about. The hotel check in was good. My 15 son was given an adult wrist band, he is mature and I was ok with it. He and the 12 year stayed in the room next to us. The rooms are big with tow big rooms and a bathroom. There is a sliding door to separate the kids off which is good if you want to watch tv once there asleep. It seems all the rooms have a pool to share. Very nice and perfect if they were heated. The food was fine, we have been on many all inclusive and the food is as good as the rest with lots of choice. I can understand the word repetitive but there is choices each night with several restaurants severing different themes. There was barbecues outside most evenings for the meat lovers. There was a fast food outlet there open until early evening serving loads of fresh pizza and chips plus other things which to be honest the kids loved. We always after two weeks look forward to home cooked food and I think everyone honest with themselves they would agree. It's not the resort its just normal.
The big plus point to this hotel was it had three separate bars and a nightclub which is unusual for this type of resort in my experience. The evening entertainment was not the best from the team. We never watched any of the shows we just went to the different bars some had music on some had karaoke, some had live music on. The best bit was all the beer was from bottles and it was Stella! The best beer on an all inclusive ever!
The pools and aqua park. Now it was December and while it was hot in the day it was not warm enough to heat the pools. The main pool was heated and I'm sure the aqua park in parts was warmed. It seemed a waste but I can't start to imagine how much it would cost to heat them all. We spent most days around the aqua park, the hotel was full for new year and we had no problem getting a bed round the aqua park pool so big plus. The slides are brilliant and keeps the kids happy for hours. There are ones for all ages and this was the main reason for picking this place as we have big difference in the kids ages it worked brilliantly. We made some friends there and at times 9 of us were going down the same slide at once crazy and lots of fun. There was very little waiting time to get on a slide and some different ones I have never seen before. They open this area up to visitors who wish to pay and I can imagine in the summer this makes the site busy but in the summer there would be lots more pools to use as they would be warmer.
The staff. Most we're great, I think what people forget is that they have to put up with some really rude people all day long every day, I understand they work mainly 12 hour days 7 days a week for 3 weeks before they then get a week off. I can understand we can be demanding and they sometimes get fed up with it. Generally we were well treated and given good service. We then tipped accordingly. You could see how a good tip changed there attitude towards you for sure so if you want to improve the service tip them if not it will be fine. One thing is for sure the hotel could not be cleaner, they are always cleaning. They were cleaning the pool outside our room at 2 am even though no one had been in it.
Location was great close to the airport 20 mins taxi ride to town extremely cheap as well less than £10 return. There is a shopping mall within 10mins walk were there is free wifi. In the mall there is a McDonald's where the Big Macs have 4 burgers!!in them. There is a go kart track which we want on three times and the guy was fine with us smashing them up and his track so that was good fun. £20 for 30 mins.
The downsides. No wifi and if there was wifi working its not free big big downside considering your there for two weeks. It's of the reasons we left the site regularly. The grounds are big so be prepared to walk. We had no problems with this but if you like everything next next to you don't go here. 10 mins each way room to main complex. Russians, now they must be the most ignorant people I have ever met, they push shove there way in every where and they don't care. Put that to one side most of the others are fine. The evening entertainment they need to really invest in this.
I will not review the New Years and Christmas meals as it should not influence your choice to stay there for the next few months. All I will say they went to a lot of trouble. If you want any advice or questions answering let me know happy to help

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

So, before booking the holiday looking at reviews and photos we expected it to be amazing,it looked like just what we needed for a family week away. (2 adults, 2 teens)
First thoughts Weren't the best, got into the hotel to be taken to the indigo bar. We sat for about half an hour while reps took our passports to check us in.(wasn't happy at all) we where told to leave our luggage at reception while someone would bring our luggage to our room. We got to our room about 6pm and just wanted food. Got to 6:45 and we decided to go and get them ourself,
The rooms: comfortable bed,nice linen,large tv,however only 2 English channels which was rather disappointing, free safe which was good, air con and heating but very noisy. Balcony could do with clean up as the bathroom also, no bath only shower. And the water is exerted simply through a loose tile,I'd suggest a refurbish in the bathrooms.
Loose handles on wardrobes and draws, only 1 socket under tv and one on balcony.
YOU NEED LOTS OF MOSQUITO SPRAY!
Only 2 heated pools which is a shame
The food: lacks variety. In a morning there is access to toast, omelet,pancakes, crosants and various similar cakes, they have sausages and mushrooms ect but I advise nit trying them (urghh).they are nice but feel repetitive after a few days
Lunch , at the aqua park resultant they have chips,pizza,hotdogs,nuggets,tortias,pasta,salad,ice cream ect... Nice,but not the best
Dinner, we experienced other of the restaurants and found ' le Marche' nicest of them all. Freshly cooked and full of flavour, as an English chef he was great to talk to. Cliff is his name, remembering the quality of food is much poor in Egypt he did an amazing job! Rehanging from beef, chicken,duck potatoes with garlic and herd, sweet chilli,curry, tomatoed. Rice with different things too, they freshly cook all their veg to order too, as a fussy eater I loved it all!

Complex is too big!! The aqua park is great during th day, comes to a night and its boring. Only on the last day did we find the animation team when it was too late to join in,so on a night we would go into the conolys bar. Good atmosphere with live singers, only one was good which was a big guy. However a English man sung elvis with him. He was better! We tipped them about £5 over the week which is 2 weeks pay for them! and you would never have an empty glass, we have reserved tables every night, such good staff!

You could never meet anyone,the resort is clearly a Russian resort. Full of them and they are so arrogant, then there is german, mabey about 5%english. All the staff like the English and are constantly showing us their hate for Russian and German!

The taxi service is amazing. ONLY TAKE FROM THE HOTEL, DO NOT USE A ORANGE TAXI. Reception told us about them. The quickly swap money and demand more. Charge 10x what they should, the have weapons in their side pocket. While walking to the local shops we witnessed 2 European females being dragged into the taxi, lots of screaming they tried to escape but the driver soon spead off down the straight road while another 2 soon followed, it was such an awfull experience. I'd advise to stay away from the main road if going anywhere!
Really good mall with a 5 min walk, quick transfer from airport
Free buss to beach. 10 min walk to shops (snides)very good.