Jungle Aqua Park
Amazonia Hotel(Hurghada)
Average 3/5
Samra Bay Hotel(Hurghada)
3,067 results
All reviewsaqua parkjazz barcolonies barclub mccolumbus barice cream parloursenzo mallle marchetaginejungle barlife guardsmini discobig slidesfamily holidaykids clubdana beachgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my partner have just returned from a week visit to the jungle aqua park. This is our 5th time to Egypt (3rd time to Hurghada) I have found the previous hotels to be outstanding and this hotel met all expectations!

Rooms and bathroom are very large, there is a safe and a tv with a couple of English movie channels.
I would recommend taking your own entertainment for the evening as there is not much to do but that's fine for us we had a laptop full of movies and tv programmes so spent most evenings after dinner chilling in our room!

Loads of room around the pools, most pools were freezing but there is a very big heated pool which was perfect!

Food is, well Egyptian style, not gourmet but there is something for everybody and always loads of fruit.

Thoroughly recommend this hotel you will have a great time, staff are great and want you so much to have a good time. Great for kids, couples and the more mature generation!

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank Liljosie
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the resort at the beginning of Jan and had an amazing time. It is a little cold in January but we went to get a bit of a winter sunshine and it was still hotter than most English summer days (when we get them!).

We went with Thomson and so very well organised. Our the rep, Ahmed, met us at the airport and then we were transported to the hotel, around 15 minute transfer time. Then we went and had a drink whilst check in was sorted. Our room was in the 1000 block, which is pretty close to reception but far enough away for it to be peaceful. The room was exactly how it looked in the brochure, which was a pleasant surprise. They provide water in the fridge in the room, there is also a hair dryer, safe and a mossie plug in (I didn’t get bitten, but the boyfriend is obviously more tasty and they feasted on him!). Towels (both bath and beach) and these are replaced regularly. There is a TV in the room, we didn't have it on so no idea what English channels were available.

We enjoyed the food, plenty of choice and we went to all the restaurants each night to pick and chose the best bits, our favourite was the Asian Plant and the German. Lots of fresh meat, salad and vegetables. Puddings weren't great but there was ice creams and the strawberries were scrummy. No problem with the food giving us upset tummies, we stocked up on remedies just in case but they stayed in the suitcase. There are anti bac handgels outside of all the restaurants and the chefs eat their own food, which I found reassuring.

We tried some cocktails, they do strong measures! The beer was actually quite nice, we tended to stick to hot chocolate (with some rum splashed in!) to take the chill off the evening. It was quiet cold after the sun went down and although I took some cardigans, I wish that I'd taken some heavier jumpers and jeans for the evenings. Evening entertainment was ok, we went to it most nights, our favourites were the fakir show (strong dude who lets people stand on him and messes about with swords and fire!) and the African acrobats!! Couple of weird nights, the fashion show and the tombola a little odd. After that though there wasn't to much going on, singing in a couple of bars and disco in the bar by reception, however smoking is permitted in these and it can make it slightly uncomfortable to sit in (think we're a little spoilt nowadays!)

Enjoyed the water park and the bit you splash into was heated, which was nice. The other heated pool is by reception, the other pools aren't heated and are a wee bit cold! The snack bar by the aqua park was better than the one by the main restaurant area.

We went on the quad bike excursion which we really enjoyed, quad bikes, spider/dune buggies, tanks and camels. There was dinner and evening show, dinner wasn't great but we were back at the hotel in time to enjoy the food there, the show was good but it was really cold (thank goodness for the cup of tea they brought round!!), we went through Thomson for this as felt it would be safer. We also had a massage which was nice. Went to gym a couple of times (seemed to be more mossies in there), they have a good selection of equipment to use.

Overall the resort is extremely clean and tidy, although people pop round trying to sell massages and trips if you tell them you're not interested then they are polite and respectful. We didn't need to talk to our rep about any issues but he was freely available. People pop round asking if you want drinks and if everything is ok, they genuinely seem to care about your holiday experience.

Reading some reviews on here I was a little concerned with the Russian holiday makers, I've been to Sharm previously and they weren't the greatest companions. However I really didn't think they were to bad, there were occasions where they cut the line but the chefs just give them a look! They also like to stock up on food, but there is plenty of food available so this isn't a problem. They do like to smoke (outside) whilst they're eating which isn't pleasant but think this is a cultural thing, we just moved further away or you can go inside the restaurant.

We really enjoyed our holiday and we would def go back again.

Room Tip: We were placed in the 1000 block, near reception but far enough away to be peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Recently stayed at the Jungle Aqua Park with my wife and 2 year old between the dates of 4-18th Jan 13.

As stated in other reviews, the airport customs and visa situation is a bit manic but once through there the travel time to resort is a very easy 20 mins. First impressions are great, lovely lobby area and the stress of checking in is taken care of as is the baggage which I wouldn't have wanted to drag to behind the Aqua Park where our room was so a massive thumbs up for this!

The grounds of the hotel are large and are a good walk if you want to stretch your legs. The resort is very tidy with bins and recycle facilities always close to hand and the staff put in a massive shift from noon to night ensuring everything is well maintained. This gives you a good impression too.

The restaurants always have something to offer and I never had a bad meal in them. Thankfully none of the egg and chips stuff is served but rather lots of fresh meat, fish, vegetables, salad, fruits and a range of desserts for those who wish to partake. I liked the option of the cooked in front of you style of the Italian, Asian or French restaurant but was just as at home in the Moroccan, German or Mediterranean restaurants. There are further options such as the Club Mc's which serves up fast food or the pasta fast food restaurant but we didn't bother with them when there was so much more healthy options on offer!

The bars are all great. Ranging from the small coffee type one to the jazz and colonial bar. The staff are all very attentive and tipping does help (my small glass turned into a pint pot every time I went in the bar!!!). Really is worth trying the coffees from the lobby too, very nice.

The pools are amazing. Admittedly they are cold at this time of year apart from the heated ones but during my stay, the main one was heated and sometimes the kids one. The ones at the Aqua Park were heated too meaning it was comfortable to be in there with my son most of the day. The Aqua Park is great and really kept my son entertained (he was exhausted by the end of the day). Staff over there are great too and waiter service comes from the bar.

The entertainment seems ok for the kids with films and mini disco but we tended to retreat to the quiet bar after that so I cannot really comment on any entertainment after that. I felt it was quite safe to leave the complex and head out. 10 mins walk is a mall with free wi-fi and recognisable shops (even a McDonalds - sigh!!!) and opposite the entrance to the hotel you can walk down a security controlled road to the Cleopatra Bazaar and also to use entrance to the beach at one of the sister hotels Dana Beach (in my opinion its not worth it, the beach is a bit grim!). My only thing was that some of the shops around the Cleopatra Bazaar had very, very pushy owners but nothing too severe. If you want to stop for a drink you can do too in that area.

You can get to Hurghada via the limousine service in the hotel lobby for a reasonable 80 egyptian pounds which includes a pick up when you are done. I wasn't taken too much with Sheraton Street but then I don't buy snide goods! The Marina was decent enough, plenty of bars and restaurants and good to kill a couple of hours.

Finally I must mention the rooms which were a good size and vey well maintained by the cleaner. All in all I think this hotel is well worth a visit and I would have no hesitation in going back. Worth the money paid and excellent for keeping the little ones entertained. Highly recommended!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be of a high standard!!! Quieter rooms are behind the Aqua Park.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank polered
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Cannot add too much to previous reviews by other travellers, but taken this opportunity would thank everyone in this Hotel by making our vacation so well worth it. We been all other the world before and first time in Egypt , and main reason why we went there it’s a weather and cost of package. Surely it’s a cheapest we ever paid.£1300 for 2 adults and kid for 11 nights, i think it’s a bargain in a middle of the winter. Hotel is very nice, I can say top class with all facilities available to use. Gym was a little down side , but hey it was empty anyway . Food was nothing to remember , and this is typical story for all Egypt hotels as I understand. If you want decent alcohol, take it with you to Egypt or buy at Airport on Arrival ( they had Vodka, Whisky ( Johnny Walker, Jameson, Jack Daniels) , Brandy, Malibu but no Rum) Staff is very friendly and looking after you, not looking for tips but if you do they surely appreciate that. Hotel mainly designed for kids and it is one of the hotels with many kids . We met some people who moved from better hotels to this one purely on this ground . Aquapark is good with heated pools, but unfortunately they have not got enough inflatable rings, so you have to wait up to 15min downstairs some times. Guests are mainly from Eastern Europe ( Germany , Poland, France, Scandinavia) and Russia. All of them were nice people with kids, no problem at all. Rooms are all pretty much same, so do not be fooled on arrival by reception staff that you having better room then you paid for. Animators are good and friendly and work hard to make your holidays special fun. But not pushy. Special thanks to our roommate Jose and barmen’s at La Veranda, they always went “extra mile” for people they serve. Location of this hotel could be better as some time you thing you staying at the end of Airport Runaway . Nor flights at night .
PS on arrival at airport turn to the left to banks for VISA .Much cheaper and quicker then so called “Thomas cook” scam.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ivar
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fantastic staff,beautiful hotel fantastic choice of food the perfect holiday could not of wished for more ! Will def be staying again ! The room was massive . Plenty of selection in the restaurants ! Aqua park is really good fun ! Thomsons rep made it a stay to remember thank you

• Stayed: January 2013