“A dream of a hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 208 Hotels in Hurghada
Herent, Belgium
“A dream of a hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Sunny Beach is my favorite hotel in Egypt. I booked my first holiday there 2 years ago and will soon book my 5th stay at Sunny Beach. I really can't understand the negative feedback I read. All - really all staff is always friendly, polite, helpful. The restaurant staff always takes great care in cleaning up the tables and setting them again for new guests. After a few days visiting the main restaurant I didn't even had to get my preferred drinks, they were spontaneously set on the table while I was getting my first course from the buffet. If you would experience any problems, one advice: just ask for the restaurant manager Ahmed Aly. I can assure you that he will genuinely help you with a big and meant smile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lieve_ponet

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Herning
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

me and my 2 kids on 12 and 17 years old, lived one week at The three corners sunny beach resort in March. It is a GREAT hotel, with the sweetest and very helpful staff.
The staff did everything to serve us, and my son at 12 says that it is his best vacation he`s been on. Restaurant Manager Ahmed, had a wonderful mood and did what he could to get people feel comfortable. He talked in many languages for the many natioaliteter who lived there. The food was also good and the room service nice. i can highly recommended this fine Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SusanneC186
Leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are currently staying at the three corners sunny beach hotel and arrived 1st April 2013. This is by far the worst hotel we have had the displeasure of staying at. On arrival we were extremely dissatisfied as the hotel resort was a lot smaller than expected and the reception area is very drab and basic. Don't get me wrong,this is our 20th visit to Egypt so we know exactly what to expect from a hotel, however we were not prepared for continuos array of disappointment ahead. This is supposed to be a 4* hotel but i have stayed in better 3* in Luxor. There are very few English here but this was never an aspect of concern as most of the guests were pleasant and their children well behaved. Firstly we were shown to a room where very few lights worked, the toilet seat was broken, it had faulty electrics and shower tiles were dangerously falling off the wall. We called reception and we were immediately moved only to find the second room wasn't much better as we only had one curtain on the balcony and the plug sockets were still dangerously faulty however, they did repair them that same evening though. Later we discovered that most of the toilet seats were broken throughout the hotel and I don't think they realise that sinks are supposed to have plugs.
The food here is extremely limited in choice, taste and quality and the waiter service is pretty much non existent. My son and I are not at all fussy eaters but here it is proving very difficult to find something enjoyable to eat. At most mealtimes we generally set our own table as it saves time otherwise we have find a waiter because they weren't observant at all. The drinks are self service and they often run out of glasses and the shams restaurant often run out of plates.
The pool is probably the nicest aspect of this hotel as the sea is the furthest out we've ever experienced.
The animation team are very ignorant and pretty miserable and they rarely smile at guests. They don't have an ounce of talent between them and they are not interested in entertaining the children either. The girls mostly speak to the groups of males and the men only chat up the pretty girls.
If you are considering choosing this hotel I strongly advise you to think twice. The management are not interested into listening to your feedback or feel it necessary to make much needed improvements. There are power cuts several times a day and the wifi connection is extremely poor. Most of the bar staff serve the Belgians first and me and my son are often ignored until we complain. When we mentioned the poor service in the restaurant the reply we got from Alatif (who I believe was a supervisor) was "Thank you so much!" In which I responded "sarcasm is not the way to help the hotels reputation" he did eventually apologised but has since ignored us completely, obviously because we complained and he did not like this. This kind of attitude is unacceptable and does not gain my respect. I don't think the staff understand that if they give a good service they will get tips. There are a couple of waiters named Mohammed though that have been very pleasant but most were overworked and miserable as its clear to see that the management will not recruit enough staff to enable the hotel to maintain even a mediocre service.
The cleaners however, give a remarkable service and we happily tip them and the gardener's as they do a fabulous job and are pleasant at all times. Unfortunately we still have another 6 days left here and we really wish we hadn't booked an agonising two weeks. Saying that, we have met some nice friends that we will definitely stay in touch with.
So, if you like setting your own table, clearing your own table, serving your own drinks, dragging sun beds across the resort and entertaining yourself then go ahead and book this hotel. We generally plan our evenings entertainment around the MBC film channel because the night life here is non existent. I personally rate this hotel 2.5 stars and we would never come back here if it was the last one left in Egypt.
If you are considering choosing this hotel I strongly advise you to think twice. The management are not interested to listening to your feedback or feel it necessary to make much needed improvements to this run down hotel. There are power cuts several times a day and the wifi connection is extremely poor. Most of the bar staff serve the Belgians first and my son and I are often ignored until we complain to them. When we mentioned the poor service in the restaurant the reply we got from Alatif (who I believe was a supervisor) was "Thank you so much!" To which I responded "sarcasm is not the way to help this hotels reputation" he did eventually apologise but has since ignored us completely, obviously because we complained and he did not like this. This kind of attitude I feel is unacceptable and does not gain my respect. I don't think the staff understand that if they give a good service they will get tips. There are a couple of waiters named Mohammed though that have been very pleasant but most were overworked and miserable as its clear to see that the management will not recruit enough staff to enable the hotel to maintain even a mediocre service.
The cleaners however, give a remarkable service and we happily tip them continuously and the gardener's as they do a fabulous job and are pleasant to us at all times. Unfortunately we still have another 6 days left here and we really wish we hadn't booked an agonising two weeks. Saying that, we have met some nice friends that we will definitely stay in touch with.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Melissa72
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel definitely one of the better hotels in Egypt.
It includes a huge area - 3 swimming pools and a children's pool. The advantage is that it lies outside the city of Hurghada (about 15 km) - to the city Hurghada will take you taxe or shuttle bus for a small fee. Reception is very improvised - almost at the dining room, so it looks strange.
Food is as everywhere in Egypt, their tastes, but always something you could choose from.
Along the entire complex, are hotel "rooms" - either you are close to the dining room and away from the sea or vice versa. Go through the entire complex lasts five minutes.
A big minus is the entrance to the sea - yout can´t get there normally (all the corals) but over the pier, where the sea is a bit turbulent - again advantage is that they are all at the pool and the beach is nearly empty.
Evening entertainment is good.
A little lying in the equipment area - there is a gym that is in promotional materials.
Annoying the Egyptian people offering their services every day.
Overall it was fine, but I shall probably not return to Egypt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here for the first time. The hotel is located 30 minuten from the airport en in between two building area's. One of the strongest points are that the hotel personel is very nice and really try to give you a Nice holiday experience. An other strong point is the small coral reef om the end of the pier, which is located at the beach.
In my experience breakfast en lunch were okay, but dinner was absolutely not. The bar located in the middle of the complex closes at 22:00h which is too early if you don't want to enjoy the disco.
About the rooms: the rooms are old but really well kept. Housekeeping comes in on a daily bases, so clean they are. Furthermore the rooms are a bit too small as far as we are used to.
The kidsclub was really nice for our kids and many activities were planned with them. It is just placed near the kidspool, which is 60cm deep.
It was absolutely a nice vacation, but in a hotel which was located in between two building area's and two far from Hurghada.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bodacious24
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hello, we have visited Egypt for the third time. This year we were looking for a jewel. If you're looking for something and you don't have any clue... Than I can recommend you this Shop in Gouna. We 're a couple from Belgium and we're where searching for nice silver ring. The man in theJasmin Jewellery shop showed us several options of rings. We let him know that we liked something that he didn't have in the shop. He said that he would maked it for us in the factory. Because we should leave the hotel the very next day, he promised us that he would come to our hotel to bring our rings. He had to drive 15 min. to our hotel. The next day, so as he had promised, he brought us the rings that whe asked. He didn't show any pressure. And we girls are happy with the rings!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kristien_meewis
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First Class, for service, very friendly staff, rooms, attention to detail on all counts, quality food Good But choice was a challeging, will go again, have done Luxsor before, went to Cairo for two days by car A must.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple