2,525 results
All reviewsdolce vita restaurantanimation teammohamed faroukspecial thanksshams restaurantolympic poolfire showpeanuts barguest relationsmain restaurantfakir showthe general manager mrkids poolel gounagreat holidaykids clubevening shows
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Back from my third holiday at this hotel. If you are looking for a great mix of Belgian and Egyptian hospitality, this is the place to be. Staff is very friendly and helpful, I can't thank them all, but a special warm thanks goes to Greet (Guest relations mgr) and George (the best bar tender ever). This hotel continuously wants to improve, rooms are spotless, the food has significantly improved: variated and very tasty. The loyalty program is super, already upon your 2nd stay you get a silver card - meaning that you get bath slippers, a bath-robe, a fruit basket etc... upon arrival and that you are invited to the weekly cocktail with the management!
Really recommended hotel for a lazy holiday!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice hotel for staying with children. Lots of pools for water fun. The only thing we missed was a small kiddie pool for the youngest ones.

The kids club is great and the Belgian Sandra did a great job entertaining the kids. We enjoyed the mini disco and the countless activities she organised.

The family room was very spacious, not perfectly finished in the details, but good enough. The food was fine. Would go again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights between 6th-10th march 2012. It was like a nightmare. First night, I did not sleep at all because there was flea in the bed and bit all my legs. The sheets of the bed were smelly and greasy, disgusting. They come to clean the room at 9 am and they forget about it again later if you are sleeping. We had to call twice to ask for cleaning in the evening as they forgot to clean during the day.
We thought the food was ok untill the second day as they basically serve the same food every day. It is mainly liver! I had bug in my soup at the last night. The food was too salty to discourage you to get more. The salad and vegetables were sandy. I lost all my appetite. I could not eat anything for a week after this trip.
The drinks and cocktails tasted nothing more than gasoline. They were made up with these local alcoholic drinks that we did not know what they were. The beer is served in the smallest plastic cups that you can give up getting more during the day in order not to walk all the time to get a little bit beer.
The towels were so dirty, if you go, I recommend to bring your own towel. You are woken up at the swimming pool while you are sleeping or relaxing by some people who want to sell something all the time. Be prepared to answer where you come from and if it is the first time in Egypt at least thousand times since the hotel personnel has been taught to ask these questions by default. It gets disturbing so much in the end although the personnel is polite and nice.
There is no sea and beach, forget about it unless you buy a daily trip to the islands which I really recommend. And, the swimming pool is freezing, I had only one chance to try it and there was noone in the pool for the entire time. This must be a way to keep the pools clean.
All in all, I would never go back to this 4 star resort which could be only rated as 1 star hostel in many countries. Please avoid and check all the bad comments from Trip Advisor, they are really true which I overlooked before going!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Demet T
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just loved It , It was our honey moon we used to Golf , attend music & folklore concerts , the open buffet was great all the time , even their hospitality was great .Great Service Great everything :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Esraa A
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have just had a wonderful holiday at Sunny Beach. We were greeted on arrival by the G.M and guest relation staff, which was a nice feeling.The first impression was one of a very clean, well run hotel. The staff are very polite and smiling, and all the guests looked so happy. We have been holidaying in Egypt for ten years, each time in 5 star hotels, but this was our first visit to the Belgium Owned Sunny Beach, 4 star Hotel, and what a lovely hotel this is. The guests are mainly from Belgium, Denmark, Poland, Finland, England and Russia, all may I add were very well mannered.The gardens are lovely, the rooms lovely the beds comfortable. There is an extension in progress,including a new entrance and an added bonus will be hopefully a lovely inside bar and lounge to relax in during the evenings. The food is varied and of good quality and the new GM is very keen to improve on the minor problems in this department. Mr. Ashraf, the G.M is always on hand to deal with any issues that his guests may encounter He is a man of his word and is seen constantly checking and encouraging the managers of every department to improve any part of the hotel, that is not up to his high standard We enjoyed sunny beach we are already planning our next visit in spring. Many Thanks to all The Staff who made our Holiday So Good..

Room Tip: central rooms are nearest main pool
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple